Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,136 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Nobody is attacking Mr. Trump's right to question voting results, no matter how hard you want to shout it or how many times you repeat it. It is the actual crimes that were committed that are being prosecuted.
And to which predicate crimes did Trump allegedly commit in violation of which state statute?

He's a republican, which is enough in this broken country.
When I was reviewing the indictment which is divided in to "Acts" I noted few of those paragraphs actually cited a specific GA statute, which is usual in indictments. The statute that is claimed to be violated is cited chapter and verse.
TXAggie2011
AG
FTA 2001 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Nobody is attacking Mr. Trump's right to question voting results, no matter how hard you want to shout it or how many times you repeat it. It is the actual crimes that were committed that are being prosecuted.
And to which predicate crimes did Trump allegedly commit in violation of which state statute?
Read the dang indictment!
I think you already know most folks commenting on the indictment in this thread have not and are never going to read the indictment
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

AggieVictor10 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

When I was reviewing the indictment which is divided in to "Acts" I noted few of those paragraphs actually cited a specific GA statute, which is usual in indictments. The statute that is claimed to be violated is cited chapter and verse.
The "Acts" are all under the heading of Count 1 and lay out the various "overt acts" taken to effect the objective of their efforts. Showing the charged individuals took one or more "overt acts" is prong 2 of the Georgia RICO statute. Hope that helps.
Quote:

[ol]
It shall be unlawful for any person to conspire or endeavor to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section. A person violates this subsection when:1) He or she together with one or more persons conspires to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and any one or more of such persons commits any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy; or 2) He or she endeavors to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and commits any overt act to effect the object of the endeavor.[/ol]
Im Gipper
aggiehawg said:

AggieVictor10 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That is not my experience at all. Statutes are not generally cited when describing "overt acts." Can you provide some examples of when that has been done?

Here are some where it was not:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/31-gang-members-and-associates-mexican-mafia-charged-racketeering-indictment (pdf link at bottom)

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/news/releases/2014/140130beaumont1.pdf

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1528686/download

As I have posted, I do not see how the Trump overt acts rise to criminal activity, and RICO is LOL to charge IMO.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
You are forgetting this is a state RICO case which requires predicate crimes. Not just "acts".

Hence my observation and question.
jt2hunt
AG
Does Michael
Moore
Im Gipper
aggiehawg said:

You are forgetting this is a state RICO case which requires predicate crimes. Not just "acts".

Federal RICO also requires predicate crimes.

Where have you seen indictments that quote statutes with the overt acts?

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Im Gipper said:

aggiehawg said:

Federal RICO also requires predicate crimes.

Where have you seen indictments that quote statutes with the overt acts?
You generally wouldn't have any need to cite a criminal alongside each "overt act" in a RICO prosecution. Overt acts, individually and by themselves, don't have to be criminal so showing they were, themselves, criminal isn't necessary.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Before listing the overt acts, the indictment lists 8 predicates that are within the Georgia definition of "racketeering activity." (the definition is Georgia Code 16-14-3.)
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

During an appearance on Fox News, Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz suggested the country was getting much closer to "banana republic" status following former President Donald Trump's indictment in Fulton County, GA.

Dershowitz said the country had moved from two bananas to "three, maybe four" after the Georgia indictment.

"[T]he idea is we are all part of the United States, and we have one rule for Democrats, one rule for Republicans, one rule for Martha's Vineyard, one rule for Nantucket, one rule for Georgia," he said.

"And you cannot start making crimes out of things that the Democrats did. Tilden-Hayes, John Kennedy election, 2000 election, 2016 election, Jamie Raskin gets up and does some of the same things these are political actions that the Constitution prefers us to take rather than going out on the streets and rioting."

"We are supposed to go to court," Dershowitz added. "We are supposed to go to Congress. You can't make those things crimes. You can't expand the RICO statute to now include political objections. You know, on my podcast, I get bananas every day. I was up to two bananas to the banana republic. I'm now up to three, maybe four, after this indictment.
LINK
oh no
AG
boboguitar said:

So what crimes did Biden commit based on that laptop then? With evidence, please.
Joe Biden? The laptop that FBI had since 2019 and pressured Twitter and Facebook to censor before it came out in 2020? The one that 50 members of the "intelligence community" signed onto a letter claiming the laptop was Russian Disinformation before the election so the MSM could perform fellatio on the letter as they propagated it to the masses?

The biggest election interference in our history (until now) and they probably just did it for fun because there was nothing on the laptop that implicated Joe, right?

How about the email detailing proceeds of a shell company that had a deal in China while Joe was VP that said "10% held by H for the Big Guy"? That was surely nothing worth looking into and couldn't possibly be proof of Joe's long suspected public corruption. No way voters would want to know about that before the election, right? But they censored a (formerly) free press, including the nation's longest running news paper founded by Alexander Hamilton, to make sure voters didn't know about it - just for fun.

FFS, people are that brainwashed to think all that censoring of a real laptop contained zero info about Joe and was done just for fun.

There was also a text from Hunter to Ashley or Hailey complaining about how he won't make them give up half of everything they ever earn like he did for pops. Again; no one should know about Joe's public corruption before an election. WTF? Really?
Im Gipper
Update on the "fictitious" document that was posted early:

I'm Gipper
Gigem314
AG
boboguitar said:

So what crimes did Biden commit based on that laptop then? With evidence, please.
So anything that Trump is accused of...we must believe it.

An actual laptop with messages detailing Biden using his office as VP for personal gain...eh no big deal there's no real evidence.
oh no
AG
Gigem314 said:

boboguitar said:

So anything that Trump is accused of...we must believe it.

An actual laptop with messages detailing Biden using his office as VP for personal gain...eh no big deal there's no real evidence.
Joe Biden is clean and pure as the driven snow- just a middle class Catholic boy from Scranton with hairy legs - until they obtain wires to offshore bank accounts and prove Joe owns them (something unattainable). The emails, texts, photos, whistleblowers, interviews with former business associates, and all the other evidence showing Hunter, Jim, kids, and grandkids receiving over $50 million (so far) from Romania, Kazakhstan, Saudi, China, Russia, Ukraine, Mexico, etc., despite having no experience or anything of value to offer these foreigners, means nothing and couldn't possibly mean Joe was involved while he was VP, so stop the witch hunt wild goose chase!!! Don't you know Trump orchestrated a conspiracy to overthrow the government after the most secure election ever?
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg
AG

She is so disgusting.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

a conspiracy trying to overthrow an election in Georgia
When did that happen?
FTA 2001
aggiehawg said:

It does not "essentially" do what Turdley says.
FTA 2001
aggiehawg said:

She is so disgusting.
Someone having a different view of the law makes them disgusting?
Retired FBI Agent
aggiehawg said:

Turley is flat out lying to daytime Fox News viewers. He is so disgusting.
https://tips.fbi.gov/
1-800-225-5324
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

No she was disgusting way before that. When she was in the state senate, she was sued and lost a discrimination suit filed against her by an employee, Talonya Adams, who won a 2.75 million dollar judgment.

She fought tooth and nail against the Maricopa County audit in 2021, wthholding records even after courts had ordered their production. Under her watch, election records were deleted and overwritten to hide the SLOG files of who was accessing the EMS, when and what they were doing. That required a specific script to be written to overwrite those files.

She is a liar, a coward who was constantly running away from the press during her gubenatorial "campaign." Refused to debate Kari Lake and made few public appearances.
C@LAg
FTA 2001 said:

yes, it can.

i find it disugsting when people want to weaponize the law to take out political opponents.

or use it to charge people with thought crimes,.

as should you.
degreedy
AG
Im Gipper said:

Update on the "fictitious" document that was posted early:

So i'm incredibly out of the loop on this one, so I apologize if this has already been talked about. Are there still pending charges against Trump in Georgia? Is this simply stating a document that was leaked early on was not the "official" one, but still had all the relevant information contained to the charges?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So i'm incredibly out of the loop on this one, so I apologize if this has already been talked about. Are there still pending charges against Trump in Georgia? Is this simply stating a document that was leaked early on was not the "official" one, but still had all the relevant information contained to the charges?
As usual, the story keeps changing every day on what happened. But what was posted was not a template or a draft since the counts against Trump as subsequently filed were exactly the same, even though when it was first posted, grand jury was not done yet...or were they?
oh no
AG

There have been 92 total court cases brought by Trump questioning the stolen 2020 election.

More than two-thirds were dismissed on technicalitieswith lack of standing being among the most frequently cited.

Of the 30 cases decided on their merits, Trump and his allies were victorious 22 times (73%).

This completely debunks the false narrative that the courts found the 2020 election to be secure and accurate.

Here is a link with every case, the ruling, reasoning, and in-depth summaries

TRM
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Bowers was the duly elected Secretary of State of Arizona and a REPUBLICAN:
In 2020? No he was not. Katie Hobbs was elected Sec of State in 2018 and sworn in in January 2019. She remained Sec of State until her elevation to the Governor's office in the 2022 midterms. (An election which itself ha a plethora of issues.)
He was the Speaker of the AZ House.
aggiehawg
AG
TRM said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Bowers was the duly elected Secretary of State of Arizona and a REPUBLICAN:
In 2020? No he was not. Katie Hobbs was elected Sec of State in 2018 and sworn in in January 2019. She remained Sec of State until her elevation to the Governor's office in the 2022 midterms. (An election which itself ha a plethora of issues.)
He was the Speaker of the AZ House.
Well that changes things, then. The Sec of State certifies the vote in AZ, not the Speaker of the House.

Would help if posters can keep their facts straight.

Thanks for the assist.
oh no
AG
What changed?

JFABNRGR
AG
oh no said:

There have been 92 total court cases brought by Trump questioning the stolen 2020 election.

More than two-thirds were dismissed on technicalitieswith lack of standing being among the most frequently cited.

Of the 30 cases decided on their merits, Trump and his allies were victorious 22 times (73%).

This completely debunks the false narrative that the courts found the 2020 election to be secure and accurate.

Thank God for the Courage of folks like these fighting up against the machine knowing the risk they take.
aggiehawg
AG
Englebrecht and Phillips were already arrested and jailed for refusing to name their sources.
JFABNRGR
AG
aggiehawg said:

Englebrecht and Phillips were already arrested and jailed for refusing to name their sources.
The greatest fear of any tyranny, is that the people realize that there are more of them than the evil doers.

Tina Peters is another one.
aggiehawg
AG
JFABNRGR said:

aggiehawg said:

The greatest fear of any tyranny, is that the people realize that there are more of them than the evil doers.

Tina Peters is another one.
Who also was charged and arrested.
eric76
AG
JFABNRGR said:

oh no said:

Thank God for the Courage of folks like these fighting up against the machine knowing the risk they take.
What was the limit in 2020 on the number of ballots that one person could drop off at a drop box in Georgia? Different states have different limits.
Im Gipper
Quote:

As ludicrous as Boboguitar's claim only a fraction of cases were dismissed on standing.

I'm Gipper

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.