Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,124 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAggie2011 said:

Here's Judge McAfee's full summary remarks. While Willis and Wade will obviously be disappointed there will be a hearing, I don't think these remarks will have them quaking in their boots.
True. Lying to the court isn't illegal if you're a democrat.
Rockdoc
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Here's Judge McAfee's full summary remarks. While Willis and Wade will obviously be disappointed there will be a hearing, I don't think these remarks will have them quaking in their boots.
True. Lying to the court isn't illegal if you're a democrat.

Carrying water for the dems is pretty obvious. As usual.
aggiehawg
AG
Hearing will be all day Thursday and Friday.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

"…if there even was one."

Well, the court has to hear evidence to make that determination, so until that hearing and until that determination has been made, that's the correct terminology. I think it's evident from the rest of the statement that the judge is taking it seriously. There's no doubt that an improper relationship existed, and I think it'll be easy to prove a financial and personal benefit since he got paid.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Well, the court has to hear evidence to make that determination, so until that hearing and until that determination has been made, that's the correct terminology. I think it's evident from the rest of the statement that the judge is taking it seriously. There's no doubt that an improper relationship existed, and I think it'll be easy to prove a financial and personal benefit since he got paid.
Indeed he did but Fulton County is claiming they don't have the all of the invoices for which he was paid. Neither from a FOIA nor a subpoena for them.
JFABNRGR
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Indeed he did but Fulton County is claiming they don't have the all of the invoices for which he was paid. Neither from a FOIA nor a subpoena for them.

The missing invoices are probably with the missing election items.
aggiehawg
AG
JFABNRGR said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The missing invoices are probably with the missing election items.
They had the lawyer for the Custodian of Records for Fulton County on the zoom hearing today. While it is true that under a FOIA request, they are under no duty to find records that they do not have (which is a dodge) but know where they are.

Under a subpoena? Different standard and indeed, she admitted they might be in the DA's office.
BMX Bandit
Wade's former employee and divorce lawyer subpoenas to testify the relationship started before the case.

If that happens, Willis case is done.
will25u
HTownAg98
aggiehawg
AG
At the conclusion of the zoom hearing on the motions to quash subpoenas, Trump's lawyer asked the judge for an ex parte in camera meeting. That woud have made sense if Trump was going to attend to alert the judge about security issues. Maybe Trump changed his mind? Or he may attend on Friday? It will be streamed so he can watch it without being there. And McAfee's courtroom is pretty small.

Judge took the motions to quash under advisement pending what theother witnesses will say, so he could still order one or both of Willis and Wade to testify.
aggiehawg
AG
40 minute stream with the supplemental material filed yesterday. Lots of new stuff.

SwigAg11
AG
Do you have a quick summary of the new material for those who can't watch right now?
aggiehawg
AG
SwigAg11 said:

Do you have a quick summary of the new material for those who can't watch right now?
Sure.

Defense counsel Asheigh Merchant has the receipts. Wade and Willis' names are both on them. Every 5-8 weeks they would take vacations: Aruba, Belize, Napa Valley and a couple of cruises. She has hotel receipts showing they stayed in the same hotel rooms, ship cabins, airline tickets (some first class) and then spending while they were on those trips, including a charge by a tattoo parlor. LOL.

Then there is the book that just came out a few days ago. Fani allowed Michael Isikoff and another writer access to her, her staff and materials in her office related to the case against Trump. Fani did many media appearances, including with Rachel Maddow on the case and upcoming book. So with the book she also had another conflict of interest with her finances being tied to the advance and book sales on the Trump case. It is even titled with Trump's saying,"Find Me the Votes."

Im Gipper
Quote:

Every 5-8 weeks they would take vacations
6 weeks on, 1 week off. Makes sense! Do Libs ever work?

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Every 5-8 weeks they would take vacations
6 weeks on, 1 week off. Makes sense! Do Libs ever work?
Merchant also makes the point that Fani's multiple media appearances discussing the case is an attempt to taint the jury pool, besides prosecution for pay at nearly 30,000 per month on the taxpayers' dime. She used state funds to hire a PR firm to follow her media mentions.
aggiehawg
AG
FTR: the tattoo cost about 75 bucks and it was in Belize.
JFABNRGR
AG
aggiehawg said:

40 minute stream with the supplemental material filed yesterday. Lots of new stuff.

Thats a pretty entertaining 40 min listen……from a racist surely LOL.

I also didn't know she ignored the senate subpoena and refused email acceptance forcing US Marshals to deliver.
aggiehawg
AG
Glad you liked it. It may seem Fani was very brazen in her corruption but then again, that's just how Fulton County rolls. Very corrupt.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Betting we don't want the tattoo introduced as evidence. No need to gross out the courtroom. $75 in Belize might be close to prison ink.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
JFABNRGR
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Betting we don't want the tattoo introduced as evidence. No need to gross out the courtroom. $75 in Belize might be close to prison ink.

Yeah right probably take up a large poster board.
aggiehawg
AG
Reminder: Evidentiary hearing begins 8:30 Central tomorrow.

Another defendant, David Shafer, filed a supplemental today, alleging that Wade's affidavit in the current case directly contradicts other sworn filings in Wade's divorce case. Guess getting those filings in his divorce case turned out to be a pretty big deal.

The interrogatories addressed to Wade were very specific with respect to sexual relations with anyone other than his wife not only during the marriage, but also including the period of separation through the date of his response. He answered NONE.

Next question, was about entertaining or being entertained by a member of the opposite sex (not his wife, nor a blood relative) including restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs, etc. Again, answer was NONE.

FTR: The date of the interrogatories was May 2023. He'd been with Fani since before January 2021.

ETA: Wade "updated" his responses to those same questions very recently. He asserts the 5th on both. LOL.
aggiehawg
AG
Hearing should be starting in about 30 minutes. FNC will cover it but I don't know to what extent.

Gouveia's stream with go live in a few.

GarryowenAg
AG
This hearing is painfully slow.
TXAggie2011
AG
GarryowenAg said:

This hearing is painfully slow.

It's was always going to be a cluster**** of a hearing.

Live stream from the judge's YouTube below, btw

https://www.youtube.com/live/NDcexi-W8rQ?si=Y4W4_AFpoCakAyKP
aggiehawg
AG
Wade has asserted the 5th at least twice in his revised sworn statements directly pertaining to his affair with Willis in his divorce proceedings and now is trying to hide behind attorney client privilege as to his fraudulent filings in this case?

Ballsy move.

JFABNRGR
AG
Guess it will be a bit before we find out if the judge received his box of chocolate covered gold nuggets from the dnc.
aggiehawg
AG
So now we go to Ms. Yeartie. Long time friend of Fani's.

She appears to be reading from something?
Foreverconservative
This could get ugly
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
HTownAg98
JFABNRGR said:

Guess it will be a bit before we find out if the judge received his box of chocolate covered gold nuggets from the dnc.

He was appointed to the court by Kemp.
aggiehawg
AG
Fani took office in January 2021 after the 2020 elections.

Yeartie resigned from the DA's office because she had a falling out with Fani in 2022. And she witnessed Wade and Willis together. PDA's. Hugging, kissing, etc.
aggiehawg
AG
HTownAg98 said:

JFABNRGR said:

He was appointed to the court by Kemp.
And not very long ago either. IIRC, he was appointed last spring/summer.
HTownAg98
Correct. 2/1/2023.
Foreverconservative
Wade is going to take the stand
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Foreverconservative
Walking him to the gallows. The filing false documents with the court is ugly.

I can't believe they are going to ride this into the ground. But I guess at this point their counsel has told them they've screwed up royally and if you get out of this ordeal with your shingle intact feel blessed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.