Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

206,915 Views | 2421 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by aggiehawg
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
LMCane
I'm old enough to remember when Trumpers were claiming there were ZERO crimes committed in Georgia. That's at least 5 Trump defendants pleading guilty to actual crimes. They will all be testifying against Trump.

Jenna Ellis, the right-wing attorney who worked on the Trump 2020 campaign, pleaded guilty to a criminal charge in the Georgia election interference case.

Ellis is the latest co-defendant of former President Donald Trump to take a deal, joining Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro.

Jenna Ellis, the right-wing attorney who worked on the Trump 2020 campaign, pleaded guilty Tuesday to a criminal charge in the Georgia election interference case.

Ellis is the latest co-defendant of former President Donald Trump to take a deal with prosecutors, joining Sidney Powell and two others.

The slew of recent plea deals in Atlanta District Attorney Fani Willis' racketeering case signal a growing threat to Trump, who is fighting criminal charges in four separate cases as he runs for president in 2024.

Ellis, 38, pleaded guilty in Fulton County Superior Court to one count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings. The charge related to false claims of voter fraud that were made to members of the Georgia Senate at a hearing in early December 2020.

In a tearful statement before Judge Scott McAfee, Ellis expressed regret for her actions in the wake of Trump's loss to President Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

"As an attorney who is also a Christian, I take my responsibilities as a lawyer very seriously and I endeavor to be a person of sound moral and ethical character in all of my dealings," Ellis said.

"I believed that challenging the results on behalf of President Trump should be pursued in a just and legal way," she said, but "I failed to do my due diligence."

Instead, she said she relied on information that was provided to her by other lawyers "with many more years of experience."

"If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Donald Trump in these post-election challenges," she said.

"I look back on this whole experience with deep remorse."
Ags77
AG
Ellis and Powell ? "I hardly know them. They weren't on my legal team. I may have taken a picture with them once. "
GeorgiAg
AG
The rats have discovered the ship is sinking. Even more will scurry off the sinking ship as this heats up.

Classic example of the prisoners dilemma. You can stay true to "the story" but each night you lay awake worrying if the others will or if they are turning on you. With each flip, the nightmares intensify.
GeorgiAg
AG
MAGAs aren't taking it well.

Houstonag
AG
Sell outs and the judge likes the deal. The defendants just want to go home. Sad picture for the judicial system in this country.
TXAggie2011
AG
Alligator tears or not, if that's going to be the main theme of her testimony at trial, that's not good stuff for the other defendants.
agAngeldad
This is similar to the Mafia squeezing the system till only one left standing. The D are as crooked as they come, they just have more peeps in place.
shiftyandquick
agAngeldad said:

This is similar to the Mafia squeezing the system till only one left standing. The D are as crooked as they come, they just have more peeps in place.
Yes, that is the point of RICO.
oh no
AG
aggiehawg
AG
On the morning of November 4, 2020, Raffensperger was on a morning talk show. He said that only 2% of the ballots remained outstanding to be counted but he did not believe it was not enough to change the outcome in Georgia. Trump was ahead.

Watch,

LINK
TXAggie2011
AG
DA Fani Willis herself questioning witnesses and arguing in court as she seeks to have Harrison Floyd's bail revoked

SpreadsheetAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

DA Fani Willis herself questioning witnesses and arguing in court as she seeks to have Harrison Floyd's bail revoked

Defense lawyer calling the @ sign an "ampersand" is really putting me off

Ampersand = &

Commercial at = @
TXAggie2011
AG
I was confused by that, too. There is certainly irony in that considering he was trying to question how familiar this witness is with social media
nortex97
AG
Meanwhile, Fulton county found to have thousands of fake ballots counted in 2020.

aggiehawg
AG
FTR: Floyd was on speakerphone when Trevian Kutti was speaking with Ruby Freeman at the Cobb County PD.
TXAggie2011
AG
Both sides have been arguing their side. I think Floyd probably violated his bond order (although maybe not in every way the state argues he did), and I don't think the defense has been particularly effective, but I guess I personally would only revoke bond for something especially egregious. But then again, I'm not a judge who has to consistently deal with stupid defendants doing stupid things
TXAggie2011
AG
Judge "Mr. Floyd seems to be very willing to explore the line of 'witness intimidation' and the state has made a compelling case there." But, Floyd is going to just skirt a violation on that point.

On communicating with witnesses, judge says there was a "technical violation" of his bond order but "not every violation compels revocation." Judge seeing it how I see it.

The judge is going to modify the bond order to set clear lines about social media. Floyd is going to stay out of jail for now. And the state will still be allowed to re-file for bond revocation as soon as they believe there's been any other violations.
aggiehawg
AG
Judge will not revoke, instead, the terms of his bond need to be modified to be more specific to give notice to defendant as to direct/indirect communications through social media.

Willis is told to draft additional terms to the bond, defense has the right to review and provide their input. Wants them to start right now, today and see how far they get.
captkirk
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
Mark Meadows lost his appeal in the 11th Circuit, which rules that even if the removal statute applies to former officials, Meadows was acting outside the scope of his official duties. His case will remain in state court.

Im Gipper
Pryor? Wow.

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Im Gipper said:

Pryor? Wow.
He calls Meadows' theory of the case "implausible" and accuses Meadows of wanting to "have it both ways."
BMX Bandit
Pryor being the one that wrote this quite remarkable. It's just on removal, but same principles wouid apply to immunity arguments I'd think
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
WOW! The AJC published that?

Is the worm turning?
will25u
Ellis Wyatt
will25u said:

Of course the Biden White House is coordinating all the prosecutions of Trump. This is how fascist countries operate.
TRADUCTOR
$250hr lawyer.
will25u

Funky Winkerbean
AG
Now pay them both to roll up on Biden.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
Oops!
will25u

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.