Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,115 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
SockStilkings
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAggie2011 said:

SockStilkings said:

the quintessential version of millennial lawyers - the have a degree sort with experience in "transactional" law but no real experience in theory

Pretty sure transactional real estate attorney AggieHawg isn't a millennial by any means

But pretty sure you are. Happy to have clarified that for the audience.
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

SockStilkings said:

the quintessential version of millennial lawyers - the have a degree sort with experience in "transactional" law but no real experience in theory

Pretty sure transactional real estate attorney AggieHawg isn't a millennial by any means
LOL. No I'm a boomer. And I did far more civil trial law than I did real estate transactions in my later career. Fell into that becaue of business connections, as in investments. Eventually, I had to step in and run one of those companies and having an active status as a lawyer became problematical. So I went inactive.
TheAngelFlight
AggieHawg wouldn't have to, by all appearances, stretch if not straight lie about her credentials if her experience in this area of law went beyond an internet persona.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3390092/replies/65415586
aggiehawg
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

AggieHawg wouldn't have to, by all appearances, stretch if not straight lie about her credentials if her experience in this area of law went beyond an internet persona.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3390092/replies/65415586
You might want to take that up with Brandon.
TheAngelFlight
You've repeatedly make blatantly incorrect and bizarre statements and claims about basic things, yet alone have any ability to provide insight beyond what's tought in Intro to Litigation.

TheAngelFlight said:

aggiehawg said:

TheAngelFlight said:

If its removed, wouldn't the same prosecutor prosecute the case in Fulton County, just in a different court room with a different judge?

Is it a big deal, either way?
No. She's a lowly county prosecutor, probably not even licensed in federal district cour (which is not that hard BTW as I was licensed in many) but she doesn't know those local rules as well.

More likely a US Attorney takes over if it get removes.
US Attorneys don't represent the State of Georgia, so I don't see why they would take over the case. That doesn't make any sense.
aggiehawg
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

You've repeatedly make blatantly incorrect and bizarre statements and claims about basic things, yet alone have any ability to provide insight beyond what's thought in Intro to Litigation.

TheAngelFlight said:

aggiehawg said:

TheAngelFlight said:

If its removed, wouldn't the same prosecutor prosecute the case in Fulton County, just in a different court room with a different judge?

No. She's a lowly county prosecutor, probably not even licensed in federal district cour (which is not that hard BTW as I was licensed in many) but she doesn't know those local rules as well.

US Attorneys don't represent the State of Georgia, so I don't see why they would take over the case. That doesn't make any sense.

They can if she defers when it is removed. Federal court is very different. In fact, you could see Fani takes the same tack as James, who is nowhere near counsel table and has refused to press her "own" case in her own courthouse. Or are claiming US Attorneys don't know how to try state law cases in federal court? As you have implied?
TXAggie2011
AG
HTownAg98 said:

SockStilkings said:

HTownAg98 said:

SockStilkings said:

Why would anyone cheer Rudy not being able to get effective counsel? The man took down the mob and turned from a decaying dump to, until last few years, a thriving city and shining light that inspired many other major cities in the US and around the globe to clean up their act.

But he was buddies with Trump so go ahead and hang him from the cross two.

People that are cheering this type of stuff on are simply not American and frankly are not good people.

I pray none have kids. And they should agree not too, being the little Hitler they are showing themselves to be.
This is a pile of nonsense. Rudy deserved the best counsel he can afford. If he can't pay his attorneys, they aren't going to work for him for long. It's also possible they had to withdraw due to a conflict of interest.

You think Rudy cannot afford an attorney or does not have a friend who would pay for one? That is funny.

I take it you do not know many if any rich, famous, well connected people.

Can't pay and won't pay are two different things. But this could have nothing to do with ability to pay.

Rudy's either broke or lied to multiple judges about being broke. I guess folks can take their pick.

Correct that we don't know why. And we shouldn't find out under their ethical obligation to not prejudice Rudy.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

TheAngelFlight said:

You've repeatedly make blatantly incorrect and bizarre statements and claims about basic things, yet alone have any ability to provide insight beyond what's thought in Intro to Litigation.

TheAngelFlight said:

aggiehawg said:

TheAngelFlight said:

They can if she defers when it is removed. Federal court is very different. In fact, you could see Fani takes the same tack as James, who is nowhere near counsel table and has refused to press her "own" case in her own courthouse. Or are claiming US Attorneys don't know how to try state law cases in federal court? As you have implied?

The US Attorneys will never and would never touch or step into this case. The State of Georgia is prosecuting the case. The State of Georgia is not the client of nor otherwise represented by US Attorneys.

Note who has continued to litigate this case and made a dozen(s?) of filings and appearances in the federal district court. The Fulton County DA.

You're simply wrong here.
Im Gipper
A US Attorney does not work for Fulton County or the State of Georgia. If one of those cases were removed, it's still the State/County lawyers prosecuting it. There's no "deferring" to US Attorneys.

So while US Attorneys certainly have the ability to try this kind of case, they wouldn't because that's not how it works.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Fani Willis will not try any of these cases. She's like Letitia James, will assign it tp some one else.

It is a state RICO case but has several federal question issues that DOJ would want to weigh in on. They, meaning DOJ, will not just let someone like Fani Willis decide how to conduct that case.

If it becomes a federal case in federal court, US Attorneys can take over. So far the judge keeps ignoring that there are federal issues that will be raised on defense.

Don't ask me why Trump's lawyers did not remove to federal court. Dumb move in my opinion.

But to act like the feds are not involved in multiple ways, coordinating, is just naive. They are.
Im Gipper
Oh I'm sure Merrick's DOJ is coordinating with Fani!

But that doesn't change that US Attorneys don't step in for state prosecutors. It just doesn't work that way.

They certainly can't just take it over.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

Oh I'm sure Merrick's DOJ is coordinating with Fani!

But that doesn't change that US Attorneys don't step in for state prosecutors. It just doesn't work that way.

They certainly can't just take it over.
You are not paying attention here. Fani's case was coordinated by the feds, Jack Wright to be exact.

You believe they would just walk away if anything from this case was removed to federal court? No, they would not.

What makes you think Merrick Garland has not been given orders here?
Im Gipper
I literally just said I'm sure they are coordinating!

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

But you still think Fani will be on her own if anything gets removed to federal court? With federal defenses? Risky if they really want to nail him.

Much of our argument is moot anyway. Trump did not file to remove in time. Again why not, I have no idea. Second year law student knows about removal from Fed CivCrim Pro.
TXAggie2011
AG
Now you're just trying to change the subject. Just admit you were wrong or hell, just don't respond
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Im Gipper said:

But you still think Fani will be on her own if anything gets removed to federal court? With federal defenses? Risky if they really want to nail him.

Much of our argument is moot anyway. Trump did not file to remove in time. Again why not, I have no idea. Second year law student knows about removal from Fed Civ Pro.

Yes. The Fulton County DA will "be on their own" if anything gets removed to federal court the same way they were "on their own" when Meadows and Clark and others asked for removal and the same way they are "on their own" in the federal appellate court right now during Meadows' appeal.

Just stop
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Now you're just trying to change the subject. Just admit you were wrong or hell, just don't respond
So just admit that the the feds are driving the bus, not sitting in the back like you insist they are.

You really think DOJ is going to let Fani come close to trying this case? They might on the one in few weeks, see how that goes. She screws up?

None of this is about the law. It's politics. And you know that.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

You really think DOJ is going to let Fani come close to trying this case?
Yes. The Fulton County DA will try this case in October and whenever the other defendants go to trial.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay then. Let her try to try this case against Powell and Chesebro.

For being invited to check out taulation machines that only rejected Republican votes for Senate in the runoff? By the election official who had authority over them?

Matthew DePerno had a court order allowing him to inspect the machines, but he was still indicted.

But you love that, apparently. Politics over law.
Faustus
SockStilkings said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Rudy's currently being sued for $1.3 million in unpaid legal fees. In another recent case, he failed to pay court ordered fees and sanctions. He's been sued numerous times for other unpaid bills. A couple of years ago, he was in court because his alimony checks to his ex-wide were bouncing. His company has been sued for not paying the phone bill.

We don't know why they withdrew here, but we know Rudy has some financial challenges. He's admitted as much multiple times in court

Sounds like everyone is suing him because he had the audacity to saddle up with Trump. I wouldn't pay **** either.

Hell, if I am Rudy I take a public defender and maybe teach them something about the law.

You are an attorney… you good on your pro bono hours?
Lawyers looking for unpaid legal fees, wife looking for bounced alimony checks, and companies after unpaid bills reads to you that everyone (all those folks) is suing because he had the audacity to saddle up with Trump?

Quote:

I need a crib sheet of lawyers for TexAgs that matches with real life as there is a distinction between those lawyers who have experience and knowledge of the law and also a reasonable demeanor and ability to critically think (like you Hawg), and others on threads like these that seem to be the quintessential version of millennial lawyers - the have a degree sort with experience in "transactional" law but no real experience in theory, understanding and as in the case of most younger ones the absolute inability to think for themselves or apply any sort of reasonable thinking, critical decisioning.
Yeah, put me down in the group that reads bounced alimony checks, unpaid legal fees, and unpaid bills literally.
aggiehawg
AG
Hhmm. Wonder what effect this may have?

Quote:

First, Georgia election officials told you that the 2020 election was "the most secure in history."

Then they tried to hide any evidence of cheating.

Then they ignored the evidence of cheating that was discovered only because they were sued in court and forced to release it.

Then they ignored the analysis of computer experts who gave sworn declarations about the vote rigging in their reports submitted to the courts.

Now, Georgia election officials are trying to tell Georgia voters that they don't understand any of this evidence so they won't make any changes to the election system.

Here's a letter from investigator Kevin Moncla to the Georgia Secretary of State explaining that feigning stupidity is not actually a valid defense of their fraud.

Quote:

The results of the 2020 election were certified as correct and accurate by Zagorin even though 6,000 ballots were removed from the hand-count and the audit.
How do we know that's truth?
Because Kevin Moncla and others discovered the missing batches of ballots and they can identify the missing images!
Beware: scanner 801 has got some bad batches.

LINK
aggiehawg
AG
Now Catherine Englebrecht of True the Vote has filed an affidavit in the case.

She met with Raffensperger and election official lawyers in December 2020, before the phone call between Raffensperger and Trump.

Affidavit is HERE
Im Gipper
Do you know what that was filed with?

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

Do you know what that was filed with?
Unclear. Maybe she expects the defense counsel to use it?? The point is that Raffensperger admitted he was aware of the dirty voter rolls but said that Stacey Abrams was using courts to block him from cleaning up the voter rolls. Possibly good impeachment material for Raffensperger knowing the voter rolls were screwed up and that people cast ballots that were counted that shouldn't have been. Given the margin of victory was so slim, those numbers are astounding. And he knew it.

Not much of a surprise to me since I have long been distrustful of him frm the first moment he was talking about the so-called "recount" that was not a true recount. The machines were counting the number of ballots in a batch, not who was voted for on those ballots. Then Richard Barron, Fulton County election official said they had "adjudicated" over 140,000 ballots. Really? There were that many spoiled ballots?
Im Gipper
I understand what it means, I was just asking in what context it was filed. It would be very odd for her just to file an affidavit with the court on her own.

Maybe there is some sort of motion to dismiss or some similar Georgia procedural motion.

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Im Gipper said:

I understand what it means, I was just asking in what context it was filed. It would be very odd for her just to file an affidavit with the court on her own.

Maybe there is some sort of motion to dismiss or some similar Georgia procedural motion.

True the Vote was sued by the State of Georgia Election Board for failing to respond to subpoenas and I assume it was filed in that case.

I can only find mention of this in a gateway pundit story saying true the vote emailed a copy in a fundraising email
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

True the Vote was sued by the State of Georgia and I assume it was filed in that case.

I can only find mention of this in a gateway pundit story saying true the vote emailed a copy in a fundraising email
Who knew Marc Elias posted on TexAgs? Hi, Marc!
TXAggie2011
AG
Looks like a hearing was set for Tuesday for at least two of the defendants who I believe haven't yet waived their speedy trial rights. The judge previously told defendants he might make them go to trial this month without filing the waiver.

And Cheseboro's motion to dismiss was denied. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24017609-georgia-v-chesebro-order-on-motion-to-dismiss
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And Cheseboro's motion to dismiss was denied.
Of course it was. That's the point.
TXAggie2011
AG
50 points to Gryffindor for the Monty Python reference

aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

50 points to Gryffindor for the Monty Python reference

Ooh. I was willing to give this judge the benefit of the doubt. That was bad on the judge's part.
Im Gipper
Comical motion sometimes warrants a comical order from the Court.

Fani Willis wants Ronna McDaniel and Alex Jones at trial! Jones is always hugely entertaining and everything Ronna touches turns to poop, so should be a fun time!

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Court heard a couple of motions by Cheseboro, and which were adopted by Powell, asking for the case to be dismissed on 1st Amendment and Supremacy Clause grounds.

Setting aside the substance, the judge indicated he didn't think the motions were brought at the right time.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ken Cheseboro had filed a number of motions asking for the case to get dismissed. They were all denied by the Judge today.

eric76
AG
Aren't the vast majority of petitions to dismiss a criminal case denied?
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.