Trump Jan 6 sealed indictment delivered

95,493 Views | 1232 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe The Court exercised jurisdiction over the Texas lawsuit but tossed it for lack of standing by Texas. But also irrelevant to this thread so I digress
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Most of what the Supreme Court does is based on their Appellate Jurisdiction. Out of curiosity, is there any form of jurisdiction other than Original Jurisdiction and Appellate Jurisdiction?
That's the most common but can also have exclusive jurisdiction, i.e. the only court that can hear a particular case or concurrent jurisiction where other courts can hear a case. As a practical matter, since the Court can pick and choose which cases they grant cert on, even where they have original and exclusive jurisdiction (such as the 2020 election case between Texas and other states) they can still refuse to exercise it.

They are not final beause they are infallible, they are infallible because they are final as the old saying goes.
Thanks.

I had thought that where the Supreme Court held original jurisdiction, it was also exclusive jurisdiction.

After reading that, I was curious about when the Supreme Court has both original jurisdiction and exclusive jurisdiction. From a google search, that appears to only involve disputes between states.

So if there is a dispute between states, is it mandatory that the Supreme Court accept the case or can they turn it down and leave the states with no way to settle the dispute through the legal system?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So if there is a dispute between states, is it mandatory that the Supreme Court accept the case or can they turn it down and leave the states with no way to settle the dispute through the legal system?
They can turn it down. As they did in the Texas 2020 election case.
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Wasn't that because they found that Texas did not have standing in the case?
jt2hunt
AG
No standing

That is some bs
TXAggie2011
AG
eric76 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yeah. The Court exercised its jurisdiction. But said Texas didn't have standing because it doesn't have a legally cognizable interest in another state's election.
eric76
AG
jt2hunt said:

No standing

That is some bs
So every state should be able to file suit against any other state because they don't like how that state did something and actually have the case heard?

I take it that you don't believe in state's rights?
aggiehawg
AG
eric76 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Fig leaf. Bottom line is all disputes between states have exclusive and original jurisdiction in SCOTUS. So when they turned it down, there was no remedy anywhere else. Spectacular fail by the Court, in my view.

One of several by SCOTUS regarding the 2020 election. The other being Alito backing down in PA and allowing the Sec of State to violate court orders with impunity and counting late ballots and not segregating them as ordered by the Court (through Alito the supervising justice for that judicial district.)

Just a travesty all around and a sad day for our judiciary, fearing mob reprisals and rioting.
will25u
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Spied on him the first time and nothing happened. Why not do it again.
Im Gipper

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
So geofencing works again, now?

They need to make up their minds. 2000 Mules? Geofencing doesn't work, not narrow enough to pinpoint locations, uber and taxi drivers, garbage trucks.

Jan 6th protesters? It works! We get warrants solely due to those..

Covid contact tracing? It works!

Finding out if Joe Biden was sitting next to Hunter when he sent that threatening Whats App message extorting payoffs? Not working, don't even bother to look.

Whether Trump was in the WH bathroom or bathroom at MAL when he retweeted something? It works again!
Watermelon Man
aggiehawg said:

They need to make up their minds. 2000 Mules? Geofencing doesn't work, not narrow enough to pinpoint locations, uber and taxi drivers, garbage trucks.

Finding out if Joe Biden was sitting next to Hunter when he sent that threatening Whats App message extorting payoffs? Not working, don't even bother to look.

Whether Trump was in the WH bathroom or bathroom at MAL when he retweeted something? It works again!
You really want us to believe that you can't understand why cell phone location technology can be used to locate within 2500 miles is useless to locate within 250 feet? I know lawyers aren't supposed to understand hard sciences, but come on, man!
It is much easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone that he has been fooled.
Old May Banker
AG
Tell me you've never purchased geofenced locations for advertising and don't understand their accuracy without admitting you don't understand their accuracy....
Watermelon Man
Old May Banker said:

Tell me you've never purchased geofenced locations for advertising and don't understand their accuracy without admitting you don't understand their accuracy....
I haven't purchased geofenced locations for advertising, but I like to believe that I have some understanding how they collect their data. I doubt the methods used by PV are the same used by the advertising companies.

I also doubt that ms. hawg has purchased geofenced locations for advertising, so I am not sure what your point is.
It is much easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone that he has been fooled.
Old May Banker
AG
The point is that your "2500 mile" explanation is bull***** Technology exist to be much more accurate with cell phone location... but apparently that's only used when convenient.
aggiehawg
AG
Watermelon Man said:

aggiehawg said:

You really want us to believe that you can't understand why cell phone location technology can be used to locate within 2500 miles is useless to locate within 250 feet? I know lawyers aren't supposed to understand hard sciences, but come on, man!

Everyone here knows my bona fides.

Post yours. How many degrees you have and in what? How many states in which you have passed the bar and took more tests to be licensed in federal courts? Your vitae curriculae would be helpful here.

TIA.
Watermelon Man
Old May Banker said:

The point is that your "2500 mile" explanation is bull***** Technology exist to be much more accurate with cell phone location... but apparently that's only used when convenient.
Which, of course, makes it useless to determine

Quote:

I guess that is based on bull*****
Watermelon Man
aggiehawg said:

Watermelon Man said:

aggiehawg said:

Post yours. How many degrees you have and in what? How many states in which you have passed the bar and took more tests to be licensed in federal courts? Your vitae curriculae would be helpful here.

TIA.
You don't have to believe a thing I post. Much like I believe very little of what you post.

You're welcome.
oh no
AG
America hating communists giddy with excitement about destroying this thing with reckless abandon only trust cell phone gps accuracy when it's (d)ifferent like when it involves imprisoning j6 selfie takers or imprisoning trump for location when tweeting. Obviously cellphone gps tracking when stuffing insecure ballot drop boxes without surveillance at least ten times, it might have been an Uber driver and gps can't be trusted.
TheAngelFlight
aggiehawg said:

Watermelon Man said:

aggiehawg said:

TIA.
Tests for federal bar admission? You don't take tests. You pay a fee, you find a sponsor, you provide your state bar information. You get admitted.

Vitae curriculae? Curriculum vitae, perhaps?
will25u
nortex97
AG

Update: Neither Trump, nor any major party politicians have said a word about the abuse of J6 prisoners in DC's uniparty gulags.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Tests for federal bar admission? You don't take tests. You pay a fee, you find a sponsor, you provide your state bar information. You get admitted.

Many don't even require a sponsor. Never heard of a test for federal bar admission.
Robert L. Peters
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Many don't even require a sponsor. Never heard of a test for federal bar admission.

There's no such thing. But, it's funny how people hang on every word of a certain poster regarding trial issues. Especially since that person didn't try cases.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
oh no
AG
Ryan told The Gateway Pundit in a conversation this week, "I was kept in … a hard cell. And in that particular cell about five, six months. I even told you what was happening is the judge was actually calling, trying to get in contact with me because I wasn't in a named cell. They were missing me and they were saying I wasn't showing up to court. They were saying I wasn't showing up to medical. But they were pretty much keeping me in there… Like I said, it was cold, the light was on, there's zero window. And that followed me from Virginia. When I was in Virginia, it was the same exact conditions."

This guy had the audacity to be mad about the "most secure election ever" and demonstrated. Damn near overthrew the US government without a weapon!!! If only he had chosen to burn buildings or loot stores in the name of a dead drug addict criminal, things would be (d)ifferent for him.
agz win
AG
Well, that's his side of the story.

will25u
Manhattan
Trump raised $35mm in Q2, He could afford doc review on this by December, 10 times over with just that quarter.
Ellis Wyatt
will25u said:

Jack Smith is a jack-booted fascist. He doesn't give a single **** about fairness or the Constitution. And he was not hired to be fair or to seek justice.
Manhattan
As posted one post before yours, trump is raising money on this and had more than enough for a proper doc review and defense.
BMX Bandit

not feasible imo
hoopla
nortex97 said:

Update: Neither Trump, nor any major party politicians have said a word about the abuse of J6 prisoners in DC's uniparty gulags.

Special Housing Units (SHUs) are controversial and used at most jails and prisons in the U.S.
No Spin Ag
Manhattan said:

Trump raised $35mm in Q2, He could afford doc review on this by December, 10 times over with just that quarter.

Then it really has benefited Trump by owning the libs with his record haul of his merch sales of his mug shot. Seeing as how the sales were meant for his defense, it looks like the money is coming in just in time.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
will25u

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.