Trump Jan 6 sealed indictment delivered

96,263 Views | 1238 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
SockStilkings
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is Biden's announcement.

So your post is false information.

Biden suggests Trump will 'not take power' again if he runs in 2024 | The Hill https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3728174-biden-suggests-trump-will-not-take-power-again-if-he-runs-in-2024/amp/
ArcticPenguin
SockStilkings said:

Biden suggests Trump will 'not take power' again if he runs in 2024 | The Hill https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3728174-biden-suggests-trump-will-not-take-power-again-if-he-runs-in-2024/amp/
No, your post is. He did not say anything close to what you are saying he did, nor did he ask the DOJ to do anything. You made that up.
SockStilkings
ArcticPenguin said:

SockStilkings said:

No, your post is. He did not say anything close to what you are saying he did, nor did he ask the DOJ to do anything. You made that up.

You and others can read the article for yourself.

DOJ has shown coordination with Biden admin on the Georgia case and the Jack Smith "probes". WH counsel also worked with NARA to approach DOJ on the documents issue trying to turn a civil dispute into a criminal case.

Those facts are out there. Educate yourself on the matter before you accuse me of lying.
aggiehawg
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

SockStilkings said:

Problem is that Jack' Smith's top deputies are on visitor logs having meetings with WH Counsel's staff before the indictments started falling. Now you tell me why lawyers on Smith's Special Counsel team were having meetings with Biden's White House Counsel's office?
etxag02
To coordinate efforts between the department and the White House to investigate and prosecute President Biden's political opponents, of course. OR, to interview career employees at the White House that worked there during the Trump administration. Could be either, but the first is more entertaining.
SockStilkings
The latter is asinine and pure fantasy make believe. Are you referring to staff at the White House being privy to Trump conversations and interviewing them on the matter?

Plus, I doubt there are any holdovers that would have personal interaction with the POTUS.
etxag02
Shows how much you know. Wilson Roosevelt Jerman was a butler at the WH who served eleven different presidents. Plenty of WH staff stay around and they are even considered sentient creatures that see and hear things.
oh no
AG
Quote:

Educate yourself on the matter
The America-hating communist accounts on here trying to be heroes defending political elite members of the regime and permanent government bureaucrats, because they've been programmed to think the government is on their side, here to help, and and a one-party system that buries its political opponents with corruption and persecution is a good thing for their vision of America, aren't going to educate themselves. They've already been provided their talking points.
aggiejayrod
AG
Let's be honest, on a jury I'd be hard pressed to find bill guilty for shooting her in the face in cold blood. Just give me a flimsy excuse and I'll take it from there
RogerFurlong
So they were interviewing the butler? I'm having a hard time believing that.
Ellis Wyatt
She's just deflecting.
etxag02
Don't worry. You're in good company here where people don't believe anything they don't want to believe.
SockStilkings
aggiejayrod said:

Let's be honest, on a jury I'd be hard pressed to find bill guilty for shooting her in the face in cold blood. Just give me a flimsy excuse and I'll take it from there
Amen. Plus, she certainly is also a traitor. Win-win-win for the US.
WHOOP!'91
AG
etxag02 said:

Don't worry. You're in good company here where people don't believe anything they don't want to believe.
I guess you are doing that too, if you believe they were as likely interviewing the butler as coordinating efforts with the WH.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Ahhh. Makes sense now. The Butler in Congress with a candle stick is behind January 6. Glad we got that all cleared up.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The White House counsel's office met with a top aide to Special Counsel Jack Smith just weeks before he brought charges against former President Trump for allegedly mishandling classified documents raising serious concerns about coordinated legal efforts aimed at President Biden's likely opponent in 2024.

Jay Bratt, who joined the special counsel team in November 2022, shortly after it was formed, took a meeting in the White House on March 31, 2023, with Caroline Saba, deputy chief of staff for the White House counsel's office, White House visitor logs show.

They were joined in the 10 a.m. meeting by Danielle Ray, an FBI agent in the Washington field office.
Quote:

Bratt, 63, also met with Saba at the White House in November 2021, when Trump was mired in negotiations with the National Archives, who were demanding the return of presidential records from his Mar-a-Lago estate before a formal investigation had not yet been opened.

Saba, who is not an attorney, left the White House in May to attend law school.
How do you have a Deputy Chief of Staff for the WH Counsel's Office who is not a lawyer?

LINK
SockStilkings
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The White House counsel's office met with a top aide to Special Counsel Jack Smith just weeks before he brought charges against former President Trump for allegedly mishandling classified documents raising serious concerns about coordinated legal efforts aimed at President Biden's likely opponent in 2024.

Jay Bratt, who joined the special counsel team in November 2022, shortly after it was formed, took a meeting in the White House on March 31, 2023, with Caroline Saba, deputy chief of staff for the White House counsel's office, White House visitor logs show.

They were joined in the 10 a.m. meeting by Danielle Ray, an FBI agent in the Washington field office.
Quote:

Bratt, 63, also met with Saba at the White House in November 2021, when Trump was mired in negotiations with the National Archives, who were demanding the return of presidential records from his Mar-a-Lago estate before a formal investigation had not yet been opened.

How do you have a Deputy Chief of Staff for the WH Counsel's Office who is not a lawyer?

LINK
But this snip you included is also very interesting.

So a coordinator in the NARA Mar-A-Lago Espionage Act setup is now on point to coordinate in the JacK Smith election interference imitative by Team Biden and his DOJ minions.

And conveniently the WH representative is no longer with the WH and is now a student so please leave that private citizen alone.

Biden and team are total balls out in their corruption. Meanwhile, CNN and others are concerning themselves with Rudy's fiscal stability and Trump's weight.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

Lawyers don't take $50,000 salaries to not practice law
aggiehawg
AG
So how much do you think WH Counsels are paid?

And why would Bratt go to the WH to meet with her?
Gigem314
AG
aggiehawg said:

ArcticPenguin said:

SockStilkings said:

Problem is that Jack' Smith's top deputies are on visitor logs having meetings with WH Counsel's staff before the indictments started falling. Now you tell me why lawyers on Smith's Special Counsel team were having meetings with Biden's White House Counsel's office?
Im sure they were discussing how non-partisan these charges against Trump were. Purely coincidental.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

So how much do you think WH Counsels are paid?

And why would Bratt go to the WH to meet with her?

She was the deputy chief of staff. Not WH Counsel, not deputy or associate counsel. Not counsel at all. She was a low level assistant. White House is full of 'em.

Pretty sure the White House counsel makes $183,000 a year IIRC, since you asked.

And it sounds like Bratt went to conduct an interview.
SockStilkings
For such a "low level staff", they all packed it up and went to the hardest building to get into vs having her come
Over to them?

You realize your rationale makes absolutely zero logical sense.

Or maybe it was convenient because they were interviewing the head cookie maker about Trump stealing the secret recipe and hiding them with his Time magazine collection, which is an obvious violation of the Espionage Act.

Do you libs ever even try to think for yourselves or is it pure whatever Rachel Maddow tells you to think?!
Ag with kids
AG
SockStilkings said:

That's a funny response to let everyone know you are either unable to or afraid to discuss.

I gave you examples back, rationale for my position, and asked you to provide anything to contradict.

Your response is to falsely accuse me of "trolling" simply because I don't bow to terrestrial masters, even if the think because they wasted time in law school they deserve a bow.

Engage or keep me ignored. But please do not keep misleading people with bad information on this case and the Constitution.
He's a lawyer explaining the law to you. It's clear you don't know the law.

You should stop misleading people with bad information because it's REALLY bad...
SockStilkings
Ag with kids said:

SockStilkings said:

That's a funny response to let everyone know you are either unable to or afraid to discuss.

I gave you examples back, rationale for my position, and asked you to provide anything to contradict.

Your response is to falsely accuse me of "trolling" simply because I don't bow to terrestrial masters, even if the think because they wasted time in law school they deserve a bow.

Engage or keep me ignored. But please do not keep misleading people with bad information on this case and the Constitution.

You should stop misleading people with bad information because it's REALLY bad...

Stay in your lane hombre.

If he wants to argue the law, then any lawyer worth their salt can do it.

It's clearly he does NOT know the law… as the law comes from our Constitution which said lawyer seems to not either be familiar with or disregards.

I asked them to debate their position and they say muh troll muh ignore.

I have mislead NO ONE. Did you miss the part where I said not all will agree with my take? Others do not support it, but say hey Sock Stilkings, that's a different take, let's see how it plays out.

It's your insecurities that lead you to rely on people who "know the law" but don't let you question it. They are no smarter than you.
Ag with kids
AG
SockStilkings said:

Ag with kids said:

SockStilkings said:

Stay in your lane hombre.

If he wants to argue the law, then any lawyer worth their salt can do it.

It's clearly he does NOT know the law… as the law comes from our Constitution which said lawyer seems to not either be familiar with or disregards.

I asked them to debate their position and they say muh troll muh ignore.

I have mislead NO ONE. Did you miss the part where I said not all will agree with my take? Others do not support it, but say hey Sock Stilkings, that's a different take, let's see how it plays out.

It's your insecurities that lead you to rely on people who "know the law" but don't let you question it. They are no smarter than you.
Yes he does.

He's an attorney.

You bloviate on TexAgs.

Those are not the same.

Just because you stayed in a hotel that had a pocket Constitution in the nightstand doesn't make you the expert you think you are...
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

under your scenario, on the morning of january 20, 2000, Bill could have shot Hillary in the head and gotten off scot-free (put aside the clear defense of "justification"). that just does not make any sense.

Makes perfect sense. If Bill woke-up that morning and discovered HIllary was a spy and took her out before she could spill the info to the Rooskies, he would be well within his exec powers to eliminate her. We eliminate threats all the time based on the President's decision. Who are you to question whether the POTUS was legit in his decision? And question, is there or is there not a process to hold a POTUS accountable and what is it called?
Un. Hinged.
fka ftc
Simple question. Who arrests Bill in this situation? Who prosecutes? Who puts him in jail?

And for those people, who is their boss? Let's just start with those few basic questions and we can have a legal discussion.

The laughing off and saying "Un. Hinged." Is both a derail and an ad hom. If you think you have the answers or thing the legal takes above are incorrect, let's discuss.

To say "POTUS cannot just shoot his wife and get away with it" ignores any contemplation on how that actually plays out. If you can layout a process of how it goes from gunshot to conviction / incarceration that skips the impeachment process, then I am all ears.
TXAggie2011
AG
If he shot Hillary, Bill would quickly be charged by the local authority for murder and a court would decide on Bill's motion if he had immunity. For which he almost certainly would not. Taking the life of an American citizen is not a duty nor within the constitutional or statutory authority of the President.

Read Nixon v Fitzgerald. I think it's pretty clear that immunity has limits, especially criminally
fka ftc
TXAggie2011 said:

If he shot Hillary, Bill would quickly be charged by the local authority for murder and a court would decide on Bill's motion if he had immunity. For which he almost certainly would not. Taking the life of an American citizen is not a duty of the President

Read Nixon v Fitzgerald. I think it's pretty clear that immunity has limits, especially criminally
Think you may want to do the reading.

Quote:

Here, respondent argues that petitioner Nixon would have acted outside the outer perimeter of his duties by ordering the discharge of an employee who was lawfully entitled to retain his job in the absence of "such cause as will promote the efficiency of the service.'" Brief for Respondent 39, citing 5 U.S.C. 7512(a). Because Congress has granted this legislative protection, respondent argues, no federal official could, within the outer perimeter of his duties of office, cause Fitzgerald to be dismissed without satisfying this standard in prescribed statutory proceedings.

This construction would subject the President to trial on virtually every allegation that an action was unlawful, or was taken for a forbidden purpose. Adoption of this construction thus would deprive absolute immunity of its intended effect.

Page 457 U. S. 757

It clearly is within the President's constitutional and statutory authority to prescribe the manner in which the Secretary will conduct the business of the Air Force. See 10 U.S.C. 8012(b). Because this mandate of office must include the authority to prescribe reorganizations and reductions in force, we conclude that petitioner's alleged wrongful acts lay well within the outer perimeter of his authority.

V

A rule of absolute immunity for the President will not leave the Nation without sufficient protection against misconduct on the part of the Chief Executive. [Footnote 38] There remains the constitutional remedy of impeachment. [Footnote 39] In addition, there are formal and informal checks on Presidential action that do not apply with equal force to other executive officials.

The President is subjected to constant scrutiny by the press. Vigilant oversight by Congress also may serve to deter Presidential abuses of office, as well as to make credible the threat of impeachment. [Footnote 40] Other incentives to avoid misconduct may include a desire to earn reelection, the need to maintain prestige as an element of Presidential influence, and a President's traditional concern for his historical stature.

Page 457 U. S. 758

The existence of alternative remedies and deterrents establishes that absolute immunity will not place the President "above the law." [Footnote 41] For the President, as for judges and prosecutors, absolute immunity merely precludes a particular private remedy for alleged misconduct in order to advance compelling public ends.
So where in this does it say they would be charged if they made claim of killing HIlldawg was necessary in the performance of his duties as POTUS?

He can make the claim. Its up to the public and congress to hold accountable.
ArcticPenguin
TXAggie2011 said:

If he shot Hillary, Bill would quickly be charged by the local authority for murder and a court would decide on Bill's motion if he had immunity. For which he almost certainly would not. Taking the life of an American citizen is not a duty nor within the constitutional or statutory authority of the President.

And especially when you are charged with trying to overthrow the US Government
TXAggie2011
AG
You did not bold a key part.

Quote:

It clearly is within the President's constitutional and statutory authority to prescribe the manner in which the Secretary will conduct the business of the Air Force. See 10 U.S.C. 8012(b). Because this mandate of office must include the authority to prescribe reorganizations and reductions in force, we conclude that petitioner's alleged wrongful acts lay well within the outer perimeter of his authority.
And from the concurring opinion:

Quote:

The dissents are wide of the mark to the extent that they imply that the Court today recognizes sweeping immunity for a President for all acts. The Court does no such thing. The immunity is limited to civil damages claims. Moreover, a President, like Members of Congress, judges, prosecutors, or congressional aides -- all having absolute immunity -- are not immune for acts outside official duties.
Which constitutional or statutory would Bill be able to cite to, and I mean literally, what is the citation granting him such authority?

(And this is all setting aside that the Court clearly is only extending immunity to civil liability, not criminal liability.)
aggiejayrod
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

TXAggie2011 said:

And especially when you are charged with trying to overthrow the US Government

Strange, can you show us in the indictment where he's charged with trying to overthrow the US government?
fka ftc
He was a spy and she was caught on the phone giving secrets to Putin.

He has the right to that claim. And it's not up to a DC judge to decide whether claim is valid.
fka ftc
They clearly indicated the POTUS is held accountable by impeachment, the press, the public etc.

Yet again, this is Uncharted territory, though SCOTUS makes clear that procedural rules / laws cannot be used to tie the POTUS up and prevent them from being effective.

This should be common sense but people have just a hard time understanding POTUS is not a normal US citizen whilst in office. The are singularly an entire branch of government.
TXAggie2011
AG
fka ftc said:

He was a spy and she was caught on the phone giving secrets to Putin.

He has the right to that claim. And it's not up to a DC judge to decide whether claim is valid.

It would absolutely be up to a judge to decide if that was a valid claim

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.