Trump Jan 6 sealed indictment delivered

96,251 Views | 1238 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://breaking911.com/watch-special-counsel-jack-smith-to-announce-new-trump-indictment/

Trump will raise 11ty billion in donations.... again.
C@LAg
in before

#BananaRepublic
It Aint Easy Being Brown
Hopefully they leave it up so everyone can see you adoring that inane Victor shi tweet
agz win
AG
Donald's hemorrhoids flaring today.

BREAKING: Donald Trump Indicted By Grand Jury In Jan. 6 Case

Law360 (August 1, 2023, 5:13 PM EDT) -- Former President Donald Trump was indicted Tuesday by a Washington, D.C., federal grand jury for his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results and allegedly inciting the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

The indictment comes roughly two weeks after Trump announced on his social media site Truth Social that he had been contacted by special counsel John L. "Jack" Smith and advised that he was a target in the Jan. 6-related grand jury investigation. The probe has been underway in the nation's capital since at least May 2022 and has pulled in several witnesses who were once in Trump's innermost circle.

Minutes prior to his indictment, Trump said on Truth Social that the charges are a result of prosecutorial misconduct. "Why didn't they do this 2.5 years ago? Why did they wait so long? Because they wanted to put it right in the middle of my campaign."

This newest indictment deepens Trump's legal perils as he seeks to win a second term in the White House. The former president is also facing separate indictments in New York state court and Florida federal court, and potential Georgia state court charges as well. He has pled not guilty in the New York and Florida cases.

During the D.C. grand jury's investigation, led at the end by Smith, the U.S. Department of Justice called former Vice President Mike Pence, former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, former White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, former Trump political adviser Stephen Miller and others to testify. The department also issued subpoenas to and interviewed state and county officials in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin key battleground states President Joe Biden won in the 2020 presidential election.

Trump's charges also come roughly seven months after the U.S. House of Representatives' select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack unanimously voted in December 2022 to refer the former president to the Justice Department for criminal charges of obstructing Congress, conspiring to defraud the U.S., making false material statements and aiding and abetting an insurrection.

The committee's decision was the culmination of an 18-month investigation that included private depositions and public testimony by former Trump administration and campaign officials about his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election and stay in power. The committee presented some of its findings during a series of 10 public hearings between June and December 2022, and released its final report online at the end of the year.

It is unclear to what extent, if any, the panel's criminal recommendation influenced the grand jury investigations.

An obstruction charge, 18 U.S.C. Section 1512(c), seeks to hold those who corruptly obstruct, influence or impede any official proceeding, or attempt to, and is punishable by 20 years imprisonment. The Justice Department has pursued obstruction charges against hundreds of Jan. 6 rioters, and a D.C. Circuit panel in April held the statute can be applied to congressional proceedings, including the certification of electors. The court's reading of the statute will likely be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Defrauding the U.S. and making false material statements are both punishable by up to five years' imprisonment.

Trump has been the subject of several lawsuits by former U.S. Capitol Police officers and lawmakers seeking to hold him liable for the 2021 insurrection lawsuits the D.C. Circuit hasn't yet ruled on, but seemed doubtful the former president would be immune from.

The latest lawsuit filed on the eve of the attack's two-year anniversary aims to hold the former president accountable for the death of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after pro-Trump rioters sprayed him in the face with bear spray.

Trump has also been indicted in New York state court for allegedly falsifying business records related to hush money payments to adult film actress Stormy Daniels during the 2016 presidential campaign. He pled not guilty to the charges in April.

In June, a Florida federal grand jury returned a 37-count indictment accusing the former president of hoarding national defense documents detailing other countries' military operations and nuclear secrets. He and former aide Walt Nauta are also charged with obstruction for allegedly trying to hide the documents from prosecutors.

BREAKING: Donald Trump Indicted By Grand Jury In Jan. 6 Case - Law360
the_batman26
AG
Now it just looks petty lol
Ellis Wyatt
What an absolute crock of ***** I hope those of you voting for marxists are proud of your votes. You have ruined America.
Rapier108
Indictments on the weakest possible charges. Notice nothing like "muh insurrection" or the like because it would be complete horse *****

Of course, this is just part of the Democrats' strategy to pump up Trump in the primary. The only way he raises any real money is every time there is another indictment, and of course it enrages his base who will cling to him harder for "revenge."
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Im Gipper
LINK

I'm Gipper
Old May Banker
AG
Straight banana Republic bull****
Im Gipper
I don't see how any of the 4 counts implicate the "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." language of 14th Amendment, so that plan didn't work.

I'm Gipper
Teslag
AG
We have to protect democracy by indicting political opponents
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

I don't see how any of the 4 counts implicate the "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." language of 14th Amendment, so that plan didn't work.
Yeah but how many election officials in the states know that? Damn few, in my view.
Rapier108
Im Gipper said:

Because they knew there was no way they could make muh insurrection stick, and the indictment would get tossed before ever going to trial.

Instead it is more process crimes type BS.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
oh no
AG
Teslag said:

We have to protect democracy by indicting political opponents
every time democrats say protect "our democracy", change it to "our Marxist regime" and then everything makes more sense
RafterAg223
AG
Uh....I charge you with conspiracy to conspire about conspiring stuff.

As if the previous indictments weren't big enough jokes, these take the cake and continue to show that this hacck is nothing but a dem operative with the charge of cooking up bs garbage every time the big guy gets exposed for actual crimes.
agAngeldad
How many times can they indicte a person?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lord have mercy.
2040huck
lock her up.
RafterAg223
AG
I don't care who you are. Dem, leftist, MAGA, CM, republican, liberterian etc... If these types of charges aren't very alarming to any sane individual, we are far more lost as a society than I already thought. This is straight up trash and laughable.
Wrec86 Ag
agAngeldad said:

How many crimes can a person commit?
Ellis Wyatt
Wrec86 Ag said:

agAngeldad said:

How many crimes can a person commit?
Joe is still racking them up. How many CAN he commit?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Wasn't Trump impeached for digging into Bidens corruption under the reasoning that you can't dig up dirt on political rivals because that'd what dictators do?

Democrats are scum sucking hypocrits.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
My goodness Jack Smith is pathetic. By his standards, the entire MSM, DNC, FBI, CIA, DOJ would be indicted and serving multiple consecutive life sentences for all the KNOWN lies they spread about Trump & Russia immediately following the 2016 election, all the way through the 2020 election and beyond.

The entire Democratic platform is built on KNOWN lies that deceive mental midgets to believe Daddy Government will fix all their problems.

Waiting for Comey, Schiff, Swalwell, McCabe, Mueller, Weissman, etc. to all be indicted and charged with their Conspiracy.....
Get Off My Lawn
Hunter is Joe's bag-man. Joe is in the treasonous business of laundering tax payer money and accepting bribes from America's enemies.
UntoldSpirit
AG
The clear take away: Democrats cannot be given power. Ever.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Still don't think TDS is real? I'm sure the DeSantites are tickled ****less.
Rapier108
RafterAg223 said:

I don't care who you are. Dem, leftist, MAGA, CM, republican, liberterian etc... If these types of charges aren't very alarming to any sane individual, we are far more lost as a society than I already thought. This is straight up trash and laughable.
We already have two leftists on this thread who are fully supporting it.

Probably have the rest show up through the rest of the day to drop a pile and disappear again.
Ellis Wyatt
Funky Winkerbean said:

Don't make this about Trump vs. Desantis.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Impeached twice.

Indicted in Florida federal court.

Indicted in DC federal court.

Found liable in NY for rape 30-years after the fact.

Endless litigation in NY over tax records.

And probably and dozen other cases ongoing business related litigation.

Donald Trump has secured his position as the most experienced litigant of all time going back to a federal lawsuit against the NFL back in the 1980s.

Donald Trump is also the most gone after man of all time that is still to this day walking around a free man.

Like Brady's 7-superbowl wins, perhaps a record that will never be broken.

Donald Trump may very well be a time-traveller as some has suggested.
Rapier108
Just like with most other things regarding DeSantis and his supporters, you're completely wrong on this too.

The only people support this banana republic bull**** are are resident leftists and so called concerned moderates; neither of whom are voting for Trump, DeSantis, or any other Republican.
TheEternalPessimist
Some, particularly those sychophants on the left, are pointing out that this is a capital offense.......

Do they want a REAL insurrection? Sure seems that way.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

I didn't.
RafterAg223
AG
Rapier108 said:

RafterAg223 said:

We already have two leftists on this thread who are fully supporting it.

Probably have the rest show up through the rest of the day to drop a pile and disappear again.
They can go ahead and support it. Anyone with a brain will see them as just as big a clown as this Jack Smith character. All the indictments are BS. These rise to a level that I don't even have a description for at this point in time. If you support these in any way, you absolutely do not support the rule of law and fair and equal justice in this country. You support structures like those in Venezuela.
Rapier108
Funky Winkerbean said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

I didn't.
Yes you did. You claimed, using an infantile nickname to do so, that DeSantis supporters are supporting the indictments.
AggieVictor10
AG
C@LAg said:

in before

#BananaRepublic

Republico platano
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.