Trump Jan 6 sealed indictment delivered

123,981 Views | 1437 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Watermelon Man
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Putting the politics of the timing on this aside, this case as against Trump is essentilly dead one way or another in legal terms.

Fischer and US v. Trump SCOTUS rulings killed it. And if that takes awhile to process, there is Judge Cannon's opinion in the Florida case. Jack Smith doesn't have the proper authority to bring any cases in the first place.

As I have always maintained. Jack Smith's indictments as BS. Always have been. Awful lawyer.
Ag with kids
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Trump's team said in their Motion to Dismiss Based on Presidential Immunity (filed last October) that you take the allegations in the indictment as true.
If Trump acknowledges that the facts in the indictment must be accepted as true, I'd love to hear someone explain why the inability to cross-examine these grand jury witnesses is relevant for the purposes of a motion to dismiss.

Has anyone seen such an explanation?

I think it's much more of a social media argument than anything else at this point
Having it released so it can be speculated on all over social media was a feature of the release, not a bug...
Watermelon Man
jrdaustin said:

Watermelon Man said:

aginlakeway said:

Watermelon Man said:

aginlakeway said:

Watermelon Man said:

Im Gipper said:

Watermelon Man said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:

I feel confident that the immunity ruling will get overturned
Under what circumstances?
I truly believe that sanity will return to the Supreme Court. It may take a while, but I have faith that it will happen. The idea of Presidential Immunity for Criminal Acts is so Anti-American that either it will be rejected by The People, or The People will no longer define America.

"Nonresponsive"
I'm going to guess that by this response, you mean that there are no circumstances where sanity will return to the Supreme Court.

A boy can hope, can't he?

What's your opinion on the timing of all of this be released?
Two weeks.

What's your opinion on the timing of why this was released yesterday?
By "this" I have to guess (because you are vague about it) that you mean the unsealing of Smith's brief. The timing has everything to do with how long it took to rule on the motions, and nothing else.

If you think you're convincing anyone other than yourself with your fanciful interpretations, you're sorely mistaken.

You are lost in a liberal fantasyland, and it's a sad sight to see.
Well, you tell me. Should the Judge make the ruling before the brief was filed? Or, should a reasonable amount of time, say two weeks, have been allowed to pass before making a ruling?

Or, are you suggesting the ruling was incorrect and obviously politically biased? If that's the case, then it isn't the timing that is the issue, but the actual ruling.

If the timing is the issue, you need to look at the timing of the Supreme Court decision.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.