Trump Jan 6 sealed indictment delivered

96,219 Views | 1238 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Take with grain of salt, but pretty telling if true...

aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

Take with grain of salt, but pretty telling if true...

Saw it on FNC. Bennie Thompson said his committee destroyed all of their records. Which is of course against the law.

That means none of it would ever hold in an honest court of law. (Not that we have many of those left.)
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Saw it on FNC. Bennie Thompson said his committee destroyed all of their records. Which is of course against the law.
There is a dispute over which records needed to be preserved, but this isn't an accurate portrayal of the dispute. Loudermilk and the Republicans have acknowledged they got over 2.5 terabytes worth of records from Bennie Thompson and the committee.
will25u
I think this is the right thread... Going after Trumps DM's and deleted tweets.

ETA:

richardag
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

There is a dispute over which records needed to be preserved, but this isn't an accurate portrayal of the dispute. Loudermilk and the Republicans have acknowledged they got over 2.5 terabytes worth of records from Bennie Thompson and the committee.
Do you have a link to a source for this information? I would like to know who makes the decisions on what needs to be preserved and what may be destroyed?

thanks in advance
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
will25u
Ellis Wyatt
will25u said:

This is fascist.
Retired FBI Agent
will25u said:

Perhaps related to Trump yesterday saying he would rather be in the south of France instead of USA ...

https://tips.fbi.gov/
1-800-225-5324
TRADUCTOR
BAM, that is some top notch FBI work, they can lock him up with that
Rapier108
If he would rather be somewhere other than the US, there are several non-extradition counties which are very nice.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ags77
AG
Trump hates America ? Just kidding
No Spin Ag
Retired FBI Agent said:

will25u said:

Perhaps related to Trump yesterday saying he would rather be in the south of France instead of USA ...

You know the hate for 'Merca is strong when he prefers France. Yes, France.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ags77
AG
Make France Great Again !!
aggiehawg
AG
It is August. The month that the French always take off to go to the south of France.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
That is why I am having a problem with how the grand jury in Florida was presented this classified documents case. If most every thing happened in DC and then under seal no less, how was that information relayed to them?

I know the DOJ attorney presenting before the Florida grand jury has had her own ethical problems in the past, as has SCO Smith but the process should at least be summarized. It does not violate grand jury secrecy to give broad classifications of the types of evidence presented such as live witness testimony, videos of sworn depositions, documentary evidence consisting of surveillance tapes, photographs, letters, emails, call logs and the like.
BMX Bandit
smith wants january trial, and says 4-6 weeks for government's case in chief. so looking at a 3 month plus trial.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/special-counsel-jack-smith-proposes-january-2024-trial-trump-election-case

Spoiler alert, this case won't go to trial in January
will25u
Im Gipper
I started conversation on the wrong thread, but here's one example of how ChitKan is biased and should recuse:

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
I don't have the cites handy as they were usually contained in tweets and I'm not on that platform to easily search but I know there's more where that one came from. Her contempt for Trump is not exactly hidden.
Im Gipper
Here is another I previously referenced:

I'm Gipper
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Can the SC step in or does a ruling and appeal have to happen first?
aggiehawg
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Ruling before an appeal is required.

But if you want to go through this line by line. Here's a good rumble
aggiehawg
AG
Crap! 11.6 million pages loaded and ready to go? Against Trump's limited defense team? By January?

Again, watch this rumble
jt2hunt
AG
How can a judge limit pro bono lawyers from working on his case?
Rapier108
According to Rolling Stone (yes, I know their reputation and track record, but the story just came out and the commies are popping champagne), Smith is going after Sidney "Kraken" Powell.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-allies-deliver-incriminating-conspiracy-152454750.html
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiehawg
AG
jt2hunt said:

Classified documents case. She can prevent them and will. She has already accused the volunteer lawyers as being unindicted co-conspirators. But she calls them "co-defendants."

Nothing to see there, nosirree.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

jt2hunt said:

Classified documents case. She can prevent them and will. She has already accused the volunteer lawyers as being unindicted co-conspirators. But she calls them "co-defendants."

Nothing to see there, nosirree.

You're mixing up the "classified documents case" and the election case, but at any rate, Chutkan didn't quite say "no", end of story, but instead asked for Trump's lawyers to provide a more detailed description of what they're asking for. They didn't even indicate the "volunteer" lawyers would be retained by Trump pro bono. Heck, they even said the volunteers may include all sorts of non-lawyers.

And it would be quite extraordinary to allow unretained lawyers and certainly non-lawyers the ability to look through and assist in discovery when you have a protective order.
Stat Monitor Repairman
They are gonna find a way to put Trump in jail pre-trial.

You can see which way the winds are blowing on this deal.

The groundwork is being laid and the public is being primed.

So updated prediction. Mark me down for that.
will25u

aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

What is the difference between "classified" and "sensitive"??
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Ruling before an appeal is required.
Yes.

This is just a guess, but for the Supreme Court to become involved without an appeal, the Supreme Court would have to have Original Jurisdiction.

Obviously, the Supreme Court does not have Original Jurisdiction. If they did, then the case would go to the Supreme Court without the involvement of lower courts.

Most of what the Supreme Court does is based on their Appellate Jurisdiction. Out of curiosity, is there any form of jurisdiction other than Original Jurisdiction and Appellate Jurisdiction?

Did I get that right?
TXAggie2011
AG
Sensitive refers to one of the six types of materials specifically defined in the protective order (on page 3) for this case as sensitive materials

Classified would refer to the federal government's classification scheme
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Out of curiosity, is there any form of jurisdiction other than Original Jurisdiction and Appellate Jurisdiction?
Exclusive jurisdiction, which means only that particular court can hear the case. Multiple courts could have original or appellate jurisdiction over a case.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Most of what the Supreme Court does is based on their Appellate Jurisdiction. Out of curiosity, is there any form of jurisdiction other than Original Jurisdiction and Appellate Jurisdiction?
That's the most common but can also have exclusive jurisdiction, i.e. the only court that can hear a particular case or concurrent jurisiction where other courts can hear a case. As a practical matter, since the Court can pick and choose which cases they grant cert on, even where they have original and exclusive jurisdiction (such as the 2020 election case between Texas and other states) they can still refuse to exercise it.

They are not final beause they are infallible, they are infallible because they are final as the old saying goes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.