Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,138 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Signel
AG
Is this the one where he pees on russian hookers or the one where he has documents just like all previous presidents? I've lost track of all the BS they've tried to make up about him.

Remember when he called Ukraine's president and talked? That was groundbreaking.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
Gee, which actually licensed lawyer who went to law school, graduated, passed bar exams in multiple states, could not have seen that possibility?
TheAngelFlight
aggiehawg said:

Gee, which actually licensed lawyer who went to law school, graduated, passed bar exams in multiple states, could not have seen that possibility?
Are you referring to the one and only "the U.S. attorney will take over this case" AggieHawg? Or do country wills and estates attorneys not need so many credentials?
Faustus
BoydCrowder13 said:

Rapier108 said:

Don't forget that a lot of the MAGA loudmouths on social media were calling on people to vote for Abrams.

I don't remember if Trump did as well, but wouldn't surprise me.

Trump called for Kemp's impeachment in Dec 2020 then retweeted Lin Wood's call to jail Kemp. Then in 2021 told a rally that he'd be okay if Abrams beat Kemp.

Why on earth would Kemp stay loyal to that guy?

Because they were just mean tweets and tirades? Kemp needs to get out of his feelings.
TheAngelFlight
will25u said:

I don't know who Matt Beebe is. Appears to be a small business owner of some sort from San Antonio, so I'm not sure what his sourcing on Carr's stepping in is. If he's assuming that based on that screen shot, he might be confused as to what it says and means. Removal of the case to a federal court doesn't implicate anything in that screen shot.
mjschiller
AG
georgiaag - you proved my point
Marvin J. Schiller
captkirk
AG
oh no said:

Well said
nortex97
AG
Georgia is/has been an utter mess, especially elections in Fulton county.

Quote:

This is how safe & secure the 2020 election was in Georgia

Six sworn affidavits alleged Fulton County counted counterfeit ballots; (10s of thousands estimated.) The lawsuit is still ongoing.

Dropbox video surveillance representing 181,507 ballots destroyed in 102 counties

Improper Chain of Custody forms for 107,000 ballots statewide

Estimated Chain of Custody forms missing for 355,000 ballots statewide (Georgia Star)

86,860 voters in 2020 have false registration dates prior to 2017 but were not on the 2017 history file

Over 1.7 million original ballot images are lost or destroyed in 70 counties despite state, federal law

Just a few of the things @VoterGa found in Georgia
nortex97
AG

There was so, so much fraud in Georgia.
fka ftc
Pretty sure posting on TexAgs regarding potential voter fraud in Georgia now makes one guilty of an overt act in the furtherance of conspiracy, at least that is what I gathered from the legal genius Fanj Willis and the legal scholars at CNN and MSNBC.

Expect further indictments to be coming.
fka ftc
Per Newt, his speculation is the White House told Miss Willis to go on Monday after the Weiss title change fell flat / garnered criticism on Friday.

Of course, he said Trump will have the R nomination wrapped up by Feb 1.

Popcorn time...
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Okay. Let's discuss this. In Thompson v Trump, a federal court said Trump provided no legal authority and the court could find no legal authority providing a role for the President in a state's electoral college process.

So, starting from that point, what's best possible legal authority providing a role for the President? Let's go from there...
Good Lord! So the Voting Rights Act can no longer be enforced by DOJ? An Executive Branch function? The FEC has zero authority? EAC? Gone. CISA? Gone. HAVA? Gone. Homeland Security? Gone.

That is your position? That the APA removed those from being in the Executive Branch?

So where are they?

FTR: I would have zero problem with Department of Homeland Security being gone. Should never have been created in the first place.
are you somehow claiming that because there is the Voting Rights Act -

that somehow allows a President under Article II to create a plan to install fake electors knowing the election was already lost?

You continue to create defenses for crimes that are not even being charged, rather than the 41 counts that were actually charged.

Does a President have the right under the Constitution-

to create a conspiracy undertaken to install fake and false electors in contravention of the States (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan) rightfully determining the legitimate winner of their electoral votes?

please answer this as it's ACTUALLY what has been charged.
fka ftc
LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Okay. Let's discuss this. In Thompson v Trump, a federal court said Trump provided no legal authority and the court could find no legal authority providing a role for the President in a state's electoral college process.

So, starting from that point, what's best possible legal authority providing a role for the President? Let's go from there...
Good Lord! So the Voting Rights Act can no longer be enforced by DOJ? An Executive Branch function? The FEC has zero authority? EAC? Gone. CISA? Gone. HAVA? Gone. Homeland Security? Gone.

That is your position? That the APA removed those from being in the Executive Branch?

So where are they?

FTR: I would have zero problem with Department of Homeland Security being gone. Should never have been created in the first place.

that somehow allows a President under Article II to create a plan to install fake electors knowing the election was already lost?

You continue to create defenses for crimes that are not even being charged, rather than the 41 counts that were actually charged.

to create a conspiracy undertaken to install fake and false electors in contravention of the States (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan) rightfully determining the legitimate winner of their electoral votes?

First, Trump still does not believe he lost the election and certainly does not believe the election was without fraud, errors and other shenanigans. So the idea of "knowing the election was already lost" is a false premise.

Georgia has no say about "fake and false" electors in other states, much less a low level Fulton County DA.

Trump's defense will be that he was carrying out his official duties by questioning the election results. Regardless, he has the right as a candidate to challenge election results.

He has multiple other avenues of defense as do the others who have been falsely accused.

No one is arguing that Trump had a constitutional right to commit fake crimes dreamt up by Fanj Willis.

You question literally makes no sense.
boboguitar
AG
Quote:

Just say that the election was corrupt, and leave the rest to me
- Trump
fka ftc
boboguitar said:

Quote:

- Trump
Just say the laptop was fake and leave the rest to me. -Biden
boboguitar
AG
fka ftc said:

boboguitar said:

Quote:

- Trump
Did biden say that or is this just projection?
fka ftc
boboguitar said:

fka ftc said:

boboguitar said:

Quote:

- Trump
Seriously?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-claims-hunter-laptop-russian-disinformation-debunked-his-own-son
Quote:

During the final 2020 presidential debate against former President Trump, Biden said the laptop was a "Russian plan" and a "bunch of garbage" that "nobody believes."
Quote:

"Yes, yes, yes," Biden responded to a December 2021 question by Fox News' Peter Doocy about if he believed the laptop was Russian disinformation in a press conference following his electoral win.

The major difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump speaks truth and BIdens just lie, steal, rinse, repeat, lie and steal.
oysterbayAG
AG
Wouldn't you think that most Americans think of RICO ( Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act ) as having to do with organized crime mobster families enriching themselves illegally and not paying taxes. Kind of like the Biden Crime Family ?
LMCane
Trump destroying even more lives...of Republicans. Just add Jenna Ellis to all the J6 defendants and all the prior appointees and hires who have had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend themselves as a result of his actions:

"Ellis would never have been indicted but for the fact that she put in long hours and extraordinary effort on behalf of the president. I can't speak to the quality of that work, except to say that Trump seemed very satisfied with it while she was doing it. I literally paid no attention to her or most of Trump's legal team because they appeared to beand turned out to bethe gang that couldn't shoot straight.

They managed to make serious charges look ridiculous, undermined the credibility of plausible charges of voter irregularities by throwing in ridiculous charges, and from all accounts took direction from a perpetually tipsy and incoherent Rudy Guiliani.

That, though, is ultimately Trump's fault. As is so often the case he did a remarkably bad job of hiring people and got exactly what he paid for.

Still, I find Trump's abandonment of Ellis and the joy that his supporters have for her being hung out to dry disgusting. Ellis has committed the ultimate sin, which is being a "traitor" to Trump by not being a full-throated supporter of his 2024 campaign.

Trump hires a lot of traitors, apparently, since almost everybody he has ever hired has been accused of being one at some point.

The fact is that Ellis is taking a bullet for Trump, and could even wind up in jail for the crime of being Trump's lawyer.

Granted, agreeing to represent Donald Trump appears to be a big mistake for a lawyer, and Ellis should have realized that. Given Michael Cohen's experience, I would advise any lawyer with the opportunity to represent the former president the advice to take a hard pass, and from what I understand many of the best lawyers in America have done so.

But it is beyond churlish for Trump to leave her hanging out to dry, and perhaps more than that it is supremely stupid. Ellis, after all, could be in a position to turn on Trump in order to save her butt.

Whether the case is strong or not I cannot say, but no doubt it would be stronger if, say, a lawyer for Trump started backing up some of the charges in exchange for leniency. Trump and Trumpworld have been dumping on Ellis because she is insufficiently "loyal." Well, she sure has no reason to be loyal now.

It is remarkable to me that so many people use the word "loyalty" and Trump in the same sentence. Trump is one of the least loyal people in politics. He attacks nearly every person who doesn't lick the jam between his toes on command and never seems to extend a helping hand to people who have served him for years.

Trump seems to be determined to harm everybody in his orbit the moment that they displease him while completely ignoring the damage he does to them.

I suppose that all this should be expected from a man whose catchphrase is "You're fired."

Trump turns on yet another Staffer

Hungry Ojos
fka ftc said:

boboguitar said:

fka ftc said:

boboguitar said:

Quote:

- Trump
Seriously?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-claims-hunter-laptop-russian-disinformation-debunked-his-own-son
Quote:

During the final 2020 presidential debate against former President Trump, Biden said the laptop was a "Russian plan" and a "bunch of garbage" that "nobody believes."
Quote:

"Yes, yes, yes," Biden responded to a December 2021 question by Fox News' Peter Doocy about if he believed the laptop was Russian disinformation in a press conference following his electoral win.

The major difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump speaks truth and BIdens just lie, steal, rinse, repeat, lie and steal.

Lol, owned. Way to take out the trash. He won't be back..
boboguitar
AG
So what crimes did Biden commit based on that laptop then? With evidence, please.
fka ftc
boboguitar said:

So what crimes did Biden commit based on that laptop then? With evidence, please.
Which Biden?
StandUpforAmerica
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Watermelon Man
fka ftc said:

LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

So where are they?

First, Trump still does not believe he lost the election and certainly does not believe the election was without fraud, errors and other shenanigans. So the idea of "knowing the election was already lost" is a false premise.

Georgia has no say about "fake and false" electors in other states, much less a low level Fulton County DA.

Trump's defense will be that he was carrying out his official duties by questioning the election results. Regardless, he has the right as a candidate to challenge election results.

He has multiple other avenues of defense as do the others who have been falsely accused.

No one is arguing that Trump had a constitutional right to commit fake crimes dreamt up by Fanj Willis.

You question literally makes no sense.,
First, whether or not Mr. Trump believes he lost the election (either now or when he engaged in racketeering) is irrelevant. If I believe the bank owes me $50,000, it is against the law for me to rob the bank. Even if I am in fact correct about the bank owing me the money, it's still against the law. And, if I use a handgun to rob the bank, it's an even more severe crime of armed robbery, even though the second amendment protects my right to possess a gun.

In addition, I doubt anyone believes the election was completely without fraud (kinda of like completely without sin, amirite?). Again, more straw for the strawman.

Second, Georgia most certainly does have a right to protect the State's elected officials from being extorted into violating their election laws. The only way Raffensperger could "find" 11,780 votes on January 2, 2021 would be to break the law.

The State of Georgia is not adjudicating another state's laws on "fake and false" electors, but is going to use it as evidence for conspiracy in an illegal enterprise. The RICO act gives the state that right. But, you know that, right?

If Mr. Trump wants to base a defense based on his official duties allowing him to "create a conspiracy undertaken to install fake and false electors in contravention of the States (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan) rightfully determining the legitimate winner of their electoral votes," he has every right to make that argument. I don't think it will hold water, though. He better hope his other avenues of defense are a bit stronger.

Nobody is attacking Mr. Trump's right to question voting results, no matter how hard you want to shout it or how many times you repeat it. It is the actual crimes that were committed that are being prosecuted.
It is much easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone that he has been fooled.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Nobody is attacking Mr. Trump's right to question voting results, no matter how hard you want to shout it or how many times you repeat it. It is the actual crimes that were committed that are being prosecuted.
And to which predicate crimes did Trump allegedly commit in violation of which state statute?
LMCane
Bowers was the duly elected Secretary of State of Arizona and a REPUBLICAN:

"In a call with Bowers, Trump and Giuliani raised false claims about voter fraud in the state, the indictment says, and asked if he would support their effort to appoint alternate electors from Arizona.

In a second call about a month later, Trump again allegedly brought up the elector scheme.

Bowers pushed back, according to the indictment, telling Trump, "I voted for you. I worked for you. I campaigned for you. I just won't do anything illegal for you."

It's not the First Amendment when you pressure to create a fake elector scheme
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Bowers was the duly elected Secretary of State of Arizona and a REPUBLICAN:
In 2020? No he was not. Katie Hobbs was elected Sec of State in 2018 and sworn in in January 2019. She remained Sec of State until her elevation to the Governor's office in the 2022 midterms. (An election which itself ha a plethora of issues.)
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And to which predicate crimes did Trump allegedly commit in violation of which state statute?
Are you seriously trying to claim there are no crimes being charged?!

Please tell me that you have actually READ THE INDICTMENT:

DONALD JOHN TRUMP Criminal Counts 1,5,9,11,13,15,17,19,27, 29,38-39

SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A.16-47&161015

SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLICOFFICERO.C.G.A.164-7&1610-1

FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A.16102'07

IMPERSONATING A PUBLIC OFFICERO.C.G.A.16-1023

CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT INIPERSONATING A PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A.164-8&16-10-23

FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE O.C.G.A.169-1(b)

CONSPIRACY To COMMIT FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE O.C.G.A.16-48&16-9-1(b)

INFLUENCING WITNESSES O.C.G.A.161093(b)(1)

(A)CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD O.C.G.A.21-2603&21-2-

CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT COMPUTER THEFT O.C.G.A.1648&16993(a)

CONSPIRACY TO COMlVIIT COMPUTER TRESPASS O.C.G.A.16-4-8&16-9-93(b)

CONSPIRACY TO COMIVIIT COMPUTER INVASION OF PRIVACY O.C.G.A.16-4-8&169-93(c)

CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD STATE O.C.G.A.16-1021

SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER O.C.G.A.16-47&16101

FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A.16-1020

FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS O.C.G.A.161020

Watermelon Man
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

According to the Georgia indictment, Racketeering.
It is much easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone that he has been fooled.
Hungry Ojos
We're just going round and round. They can allege whatever crimes they want to allege (as they have apparently done). That doesn't mean he committed ANY of them. In fact, most of them, if not all, are completely made up and fabricated nonsense.

So no, I don't believe there are any underlying crimes. And based on the evidence shown to date, neither should you. Or any other rational adult.
FTA 2001
Hungry Ojos said:

We're just going round and round. They can allege whatever crimes they want to allege (as they have apparently done). That doesn't mean he committed ANY of them. In fact, most of them, if not all, are completely made up and fabricated nonsense.

So no, I don't believe there are any underlying crimes. And based on the evidence shown to date, neither should you. Or any other rational adult.
Are you talking about Joe Biden or Donald Trump?
FTA 2001
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Read the dang indictment!
AggieVictor10
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He's a republican, which is enough in this broken country.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.