Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,085 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Retired FBI Agent
oh no said:

Of the 30 cases decided on their merits, Trump and his allies were victorious 22 times (73%).

This completely debunks the false narrative that the courts found the 2020 election to be secure and accurate.

FYI - looks like of those 22 cases, 16 were prior to 11/3/2020 Election Day and 6 were on or after Election Day. So that's a little misleading. I think #12, #80, #82, #84, and #92 were note "victories" as he puts it, but to act as if any of these are significant evidence of election fraud against Trump (the claimed DeBonking). Looks like that Twitter thread the guy put together is certainly lengthy, but I don't see any new information in it.
https://tips.fbi.gov/
1-800-225-5324
jt2hunt
AG

Would love to have a body language expert watch this Fani and comment!
Bryanisbest
AG
Grifting clown who has set this country back etc. belies your contention you don't hate Trump.
will25u
fka ftc
will25u said:

Has Kemp officially joined the DNC so he can defend his friend Fanj who is doing Kemp's dirty work to get Trump?

People of Georgia deserve all the bad things headed their way for their voting results in 2020 and 2022. Cesspool of a state.
fka ftc
Watermelon Man said:

First, whether or not Mr. Trump believes he lost the election (either now or when he engaged in racketeering) is irrelevant. If I believe the bank owes me $50,000, it is against the law for me to rob the bank. Even if I am in fact correct about the bank owing me the money, it's still against the law. And, if I use a handgun to rob the bank, it's an even more severe crime of armed robbery, even though the second amendment protects my right to possess a gun.

[[If you call the bank manager and complain about being owed money, is that against the law? What if you ask them to recount your funds? Racketeering involves committing crimes. Trump held meetings and made phone calls. Those are not crimes]]

In addition, I doubt anyone believes the election was completely without fraud (kinda of like completely without sin, amirite?). Again, more straw for the strawman.

[[People still have no idea what a strawman is. If there is just a hint of fraud, then Trump was well within his rights to ask for recounts, to challenge the results in court, to ask state leges and his attorneys to pursue all LEGAL courses of action, which is what was done]]

Second, Georgia most certainly does have a right to protect the State's elected officials from being extorted into violating their election laws. The only way Raffensperger could "find" 11,780 votes on January 2, 2021 would be to break the law.

[[In late 2020 and early 2021, SCOTUS said that other states had no standing to sue states who illegally changed their voting standards and processes. You also have no idea what extortion is. How in the hell did Trump "extort" anyone? Regarding finding votes, uncounted votes, miscounted votes, improperly counted votes, and votes improperly set aside are found in every election from student council to POTUS - what a ridiculous take to say one has to break the law when ensuring all valid, eligible votes are counted]]

The State of Georgia is not adjudicating another state's laws on "fake and false" electors, but is going to use it as evidence for conspiracy in an illegal enterprise. The RICO act gives the state that right. But, you know that, right?

[[Georgia is using its state RICO law not federal law. So no, Georgia state law does not give it jurisdiction in other states. Thanks for clearly showing you have either not read the indictment or simply do not understand the charges.]]

If Mr. Trump wants to base a defense based on his official duties allowing him to "create a conspiracy undertaken to install fake and false electors in contravention of the States (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan) rightfully determining the legitimate winner of their electoral votes," he has every right to make that argument. I don't think it will hold water, though. He better hope his other avenues of defense are a bit stronger.

[[Now we have a strawman. Trump is not going to say his official duties allows him to commit crimes. He will say his official duties allows him to look at all legal and constitutional approaches to ensure elections are conducted in accordance with the laws of the Country.]]

Nobody is attacking Mr. Trump's right to question voting results, no matter how hard you want to shout it or how many times you repeat it. It is the actual crimes that were committed that are being prosecuted.

[[MSM, the left, most CMs, RINOs, squishy Rs, weak-kneed folks, and most all MSM and FNC pundits seem to absolutely be saying Trump has no right to question the election. What crimes do you think Trump actually committed? Because Miss WIllis is making **** up in her indictment and will be laughed out of court.]]
Maybe wait until more talking points are out so you can better back up your arguments and make better strawmen.
BMX Bandit
here is the letter:

looks like its mandatory:

Quote:

(b) The Governor shall convene the General Assembly in special session for all purposes whenever three-fifths of the members to which each house is entitled certify to the Governor in writing, with a copy to the Secretary of State, that in their opinion an emergency exists in the affairs of the state. The General Assembly may convene itself if, after receiving such certification, the Governor fails to do so within three days, excluding Sundays.
(colton moore put the wrong article number in his letter)
aggiehawg
AG
Is that a new provision? Might have it been used to force a special session after the 2020 election, if it were?
BMX Bandit
does not appear to be new
fka ftc
Pretty sure that Georgia State Senator just committed an overt act in furtherance of a conspiracy by writing that letter, another overt act by sending the letter, and a third overt act in tweeting about the letter.

Will these be added as acts 162, 163, and 164?
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks.
TRM
AG
The acts aren't criminal but go towards the plot. Like buying duct tape or rope isn't illegal, but it's a part of a kidnapping plot.
fka ftc
TRM said:

The acts aren't criminal but go towards the plot. Like buying duct tape or rope isn't illegal, but it's a part of a kidnapping plot.
Correct.
TXAggie2011
AG
will25u said:

Yeah, that's not surprising. Meadows' argument was pretty thin. It doesn't cite any substantive executive branch authorities. It doesn't claim Meadows believed he was working on upholding the Voting Rights Act or anything else, or cite the Take Care clause or anything like that. But rather, as I said the other day, takes the "I was doing what my boss told me to do" approach. It argues setting up meetings and phone calls on behalf of the President was part of his job, but it doesn't connect the purpose of those meetings to an official government purpose.

We'll see. The removal law provides the benefit of doubt to the defendant. (As it should). But, an evidentiary hearing does need to be held here to help parse out whether Meadows was truly, colorable-y acting in an official capacity or a political/campaigning capacity.

That Meadows was offering to have the Trump campaign fund some of the things he was calling about, suggests he was in campaign mode and not executive branch governance mode. That most of the folks involved in the efforts weren't government employees certainly doesn't suggest these were actual official government efforts.

I don't think it quite passes the sniff test that these folks were doing this in official capacities. They were doing it for Trump the candidate to get re-elected, and that by definition isn't an official government capacity.
Ags77
AG
All the indictments will be thrown out after trump's Monday press conference.
GeorgiAg
AG
Ags77 said:

All the indictments will be thrown out after trump's Monday press conference.

Sorry to disappoint you.
Ags77
AG
NO WAY.. LOL
will25u
TXAggie2011 said:

will25u said:

Yeah, that's not surprising. Meadows' argument was pretty thin. It doesn't cite any substantive executive branch authorities. It doesn't claim Meadows believed he was working on upholding the Voting Rights Act or anything else, or cite the Take Care clause or anything like that. But rather, as I said the other day, takes the "I was doing what my boss told me to do" approach. It argues setting up meetings and phone calls on behalf of the President was part of his job, but it doesn't connect the purpose of those meetings to an official government purpose.

We'll see. The removal law provides the benefit of doubt to the defendant. (As it should). But, an evidentiary hearing does need to be held here to help parse out whether Meadows was truly, colorable-y acting in an official capacity or a political/campaigning capacity.

That Meadows was offering to have the Trump campaign fund some of the things he was calling about, suggests he was in campaign mode and not executive branch governance mode. That most of the folks involved in the efforts weren't government employees certainly doesn't suggest these were actual official government efforts.

I don't think it quite passes the sniff test that these folks were doing this in official capacities. They were doing it for Trump the candidate to get re-elected, and that by definition isn't an official government capacity.
IANAL, but I read it as...

Meadows presented enough <<whatever>> to not have the Federal Judge just dismiss his claim and just send it back to the county(?) court?

Either way, it looks like in Meadows case, there will be some back and forth at the Federal level, then a decision on whether to send back to the lower court.

Also, I suspect Trump will do the same, maybe all the defendants who can.

If it is taken up by the Northern District of GA it will give a better chance of an unbiased jury instead of just Gwinnett county.
LMCane
What do the Trump supporters do after Trump is found guilty of multiple felonies?
will25u
the_batman26
AG
Honestly, what elected official hasn't broke the law at some point?
Bryanisbest
AG
LMCane said:

What do the Trump supporters do after Trump is found guilty of multiple felonies?

Wait for the appeals courts to overturn them which they surely will. Biased law enforcement, prosecutors, judges and juries are reckoned with.
fka ftc
Newt was on I think Hannity (or somewhere on FNC) and he was pretty emphatic that Willis was essentially given an order to get this done Monday.

For Newt to be so certain of it lends a bit of credence to this potentially being what happened.

Totally weaponized legal system to get Trump and influence elections.

Lots of folks up and down the line need to be swinging from the gallows when all is said and done.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If it is taken up by the Northern District of GA it will give a better chance of an unbiased jury instead of just Gwinnett county.
I believe you meant Fulton County?

Anyway, 15 judges in that district, one of which is Amy Totenberg who has presided over the Curling v. Raffensperger case for several years. She is very familiar with the issues in Dominion Voting Systems' software.
fka ftc
LMCane said:

Somehow you think this is a good thing for our Country and that is just a sad, sad, sad place for one to be.

But, since Trump will be at 1600 Pennsylvania having the carpets cleaned from the stains left by Commander and Joe pissing and ****ting everywhere, I think his supporters will be supporting him as he embarks on his much deserved 2nd term.
GeorgiAg
AG
LMCane said:

Love him even harder.
oh no
AG
LMCane said:

i don't know but the TDS-infected programmed masses will probably need a cigarette and a towel to clean themselves up
fka ftc
GeorgiAg said:

LMCane said:

Love him even harder.
Voted for Biden but pokes fun at Trump's supporter. That's some funny bidness right there.
Opalka
AG
Bryanisbest said:

LMCane said:

Wait for the appeals courts to overturn them which they surely will. Biased law enforcement, prosecutors, judges and juries are reckoned with.
No, they won't be overturned. EVERYONE is biased, if they don't support Trump. We get it.
fka ftc
Opalka said:

Bryanisbest said:

LMCane said:

No, they won't be overturned. EVERYONE is biased, if they don't support Trump. We get it.
But do you get it? I detect some sarcasm in your post, but maybe I am wrong.

Regarding biased, where is the update from the special counsel looking into Biden's possession and storage of classified records?

Remember the Twitter files and the suppression of Hunter's laptop?

How about the MSM coverage of Biden v Trump?

How about how the DOJ and Fulton County DA go after Trump for claiming election fraud but not go after Hillary and Stacy Abrams.

At least try and be honest with yourself.

BTW - The indictments against Trump will NEVER make it to trial. They are filled with legal issues that will result in them getting dismissed faster than a gun charge against Hunter.
aggiehawg
AG
Sometimes it takes Andy a few days to truly digest these filings, especially when they are very long. But he has now focused on the main legal issue.

Quote:

Why has DA Willis invoked Georgia's version of the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, which is typically applied to mobsters engaged in the familiar rackets of murder, extortion, trafficking in narcotics and stolen goods, gambling, prostitution and so on? Because there's a giant hole in her case: the lack of a clear crime to which Trump and his co-defendants can plausibly be said to have agreed.

Let's put RICO to the side for a moment and focus on conspiracy. Very simply, a conspiracy is an agreement to violate a criminal statute. It takes two to tango, so a conspiracy must minimally involve a pair of people. Beyond that, though, it can involve three people, 19 people, 100 people any number. Regardless of how many people are said to be implicated, however, there is always one requirement: There must be a meeting of the minds about the crime that is the objective of the conspiracy.
Let's repeat that.

Regardless of how many people are said to be implicated, however, there is always one requirement: There must be a meeting of the minds about the crime that is the objective of the conspiracy.

Quote:

If prosecutors allege a large-scale conspiracy, various conspirators may play different roles. In a conspiracy to sell cocaine, for example, some people may handle importation; others handle sales or security, and still others, accounting and management of the cash proceeds. But what unites these role-players in a single conspiracy is the criminal objective in our example, to sell cocaine. If there is no agreement about a crime, there is no conspiracy.
Quote:

Usually, this is not a problem for prosecutors. While constitutional due process guarantees that every American is presumed innocent, it also dictates that no American can be charged with a crime and forced to stand trial unless there is probable cause that a crime has been committed.

As a result, even though prosecutors bear the burden of proving the case beyond a reasonable doubt before there can be a conviction, we can easily understand why the defendants have been charged. If they are charged with conspiracy, the indictment will clearly state the crime they allegedly agreed to commit e.g., drug trafficking, bank robbery, murder, extortion. Whatever the objective crime may be, we understand that the prosecutors, the police, and the grand jury have established to the court's satisfaction that there is enough evidence to establish probable cause that the alleged conspirators agreed to commit a crime.
Quote:

To be clear, it's entirely possible that people can perform criminal acts in the pursuit of a lawful objective. If they do, they may be charged with those crimes and if the crimes are serious, they should be charged. That, however, does not mean their overarching objective was a crime. And again, if you don't have two or more people agreeing on an objective that is a crime, you don't have a conspiracy.
Quote:

Willis tries to get around this inconvenience in two ways, neither of which works.

The first is a tautology: She conclusively asserts, on page 14 of the indictment, that this was a "conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump." That is, the lawful objective of changing the election outcome somehow becomes unlawful because she invokes the apparently talismanic word "unlawful." But there is no crime of unlawfully trying to change an election outcome not in Georgia law nor any other American law.

Willis thus turns to her second artifice, the RICO conspiracy charge. RICO is unique in the criminal law because, instead of targeting crimes, it targets entities associations of people, referred to as enterprises that generate revenue through the commission of crimes. The offense is not so much the crimes (referred to as the pattern of racketeering activity), but the enterprise (such as a mafia family) that carries out the crimes. A RICO conspiracy is an agreement to participate in such an enterprise to belong to the group and sustain the group so that it continues to generate power and profits.

That doesn't fit the Georgia case. Trump and his 18 co-defendants did not intend or desire to belong to a group, or even see themselves as a group. Their objective allegedly was to maintain Trump in power, not to participate in an enterprise. And unlike a RICO enterprise, the 19 defendants had no intention of sustaining their group if it even was a unified group. Their only objective allegedly was to keep Trump in office. By Jan. 20, 2021, that objective was either going to succeed or fail, but whatever the outcome, the group would then cease to exist as such. By contrast, a real RICO enterprise must be a continuing threat one that labors to preserve its existence and operations.

LINK

So where is the crime?
oh no
AG

GeorgiAg
AG
Quote:

That doesn't fit the Georgia case. Trump and his 18 co-defendants did not intend or desire to belong to a group, or even see themselves as a group. Their objective allegedly was to maintain Trump in power, not to participate in an enterprise
Trump is Kaiser Soze. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power.
richardag
aggiehawg said:

… deleted to save space…..
LINK

So where is the crime?
Prosecutorial Misconduct?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.