Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,086 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?

will25u
texagbeliever
will25u said:

will, can you explain the context in the tweets like I'm 9 years old. Or perhaps someone else.
will25u
IANAL, but the Judge is asking the DA to file a brief in regards to Meadows asking for a stay in the case until after the removal to Federal Court has been adjudicated.

Meadows wants the lower courts proceedings to stop until after the motion for removal to federal court has been adjudicated. I am guessing that would mean the arrests don't happen on the DAs timetable, but I am not sure on that last part.
GeorgiAg
AG
TRADUCTOR
GeorgiAg said:

lol, news is going to say stollen!
BMX Bandit
That is how Trump always spells it. Must be a code to Q
TheEternalPessimist
Muy said:

Thanks libs, don't cry when the shoes on the other foot now.
Revenge is coming.

TXAggie2011
AG
will25u said:

IANAL, but the Judge is asking the DA to file a brief in regards to Meadows asking for a stay in the case until after the removal to Federal Court has been adjudicated.

Meadows wants the lower courts proceedings to stop until after the motion for removal to federal court has been adjudicated. I am guessing that would mean the arrests don't happen on the DAs timetable, but I am not sure on that last part.
My understanding is that Meadows wants everything to freeze in place until the federal court decides both removal and dismissal.

Its not a frivolous argument by his lawyers, but I don't quite see why a motion for removal would necessitate stopping his arrest, especially of a former official. Removal merely changes the legal venue of his case, it doesn't change anything else--they would need to arrest/book him no matter which court the case is heard in.

All I know for sure is that Meadows is litigious as all get out.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

All I know for sure is that Meadows is litigious as all get out.

Wouldn't you be?
Hungry Ojos
Meadows is the "litigious" one you say?????
Im Gipper
Is Cheeseboro pushing for a trial by year's end?

Bet Fani didn't see that coming!

I'm Gipper
will25u
Mugshot profile picture.

LMCane
TheEternalPessimist said:

Muy said:

Revenge is coming.

if by "revenge" you mean:

"Trump will be convicted of felonies within a year and likely serve time in jail" after losing to Joe Biden a second time.

then yes, you are correct.
LMCane
will25u said:

Mugshot profile picture.

he won't be smiling so much after either taking a plea deal, or spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid jail.
BMX Bandit
LMCane said:

Muy said:

Revenge is coming.

"Trump will be convicted of felonies within a year and likely serve time in jail" after losing to Joe Biden a second time.

You were both fantasizing. Trump is not going to jail, and there will be no revenge.
AGHouston11
AG
LMCane said:

Muy said:

Revenge is coming.

I'm confused again I thought this was all to keep Desantis away from the nomination. So now he's actually going to jail.
nortex97
AG
Strzok (former FBI love bird) tweets about awful conditions in Fulton county jail.

The FBI is so classy with such great people, the finest people, even. Thank goodness they keep us safe.

Atlanta judge also rejected motions to move to federal courts.
Im Gipper
nortex97 said:

The federal judge has not made that ruling yet. He denied the motions to stay the state court case case to stop the arrests from happening. The decision on whether to move to federal court will be made after a hearing.

Given the statute's plain language, it's no surprise the stay request was denied:

The filing of a notice of removal of a criminal prosecution shall not prevent the State court in which such prosecution is pending from proceeding further, except that a judgment of conviction shall not be entered unless the prosecution is first remanded.

28 USC 1455

I'm Gipper
Ags77
AG
The top right of those mugshots. That dude looks pissed.

Rudy looks like a mobster boss.

The others look like they could be school annual pics.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

28 USC 1455
Which says (because the poster is too lazy to provide a link.) Oh look! Here's an easy one.

Quote:

(4)

The United States district court in which such notice is filed shall examine the notice promptly. If it clearly appears on the face of the notice and any exhibits annexed thereto that removal should not be permitted, the court shall make an order for summary remand.
.LINK
outofstateaggie
AG
Who's paying you to post here?
Im Gipper
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

28 USC 1455
Which says (because the poster is too lazy to provide a link.) Oh look! Here's an easy one.

Quote:

(4)

The United States district court in which such notice is filed shall examine the notice promptly. If it clearly appears on the face of the notice and any exhibits annexed thereto that removal should not be permitted, the court shall make an order for summary remand.
.LINK

The court did that. It determined no summary remand, thus the hearing on Monday.

Do you think he should have ordered summary remand?

I'm Gipper
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

28 USC 1455

Quote:

(4)

.LINK

Not trying to derail, but just a quick and still related question.

It's being reported that Rudy's son (I think) is going to ask Trump to help Rudy pay for his upcoming legal battle.

How much will something like this cost, individually, Rudy and the rest that have turned themselves in? Are we talking tens of thousands or more?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Im Gipper
For this case, it will cost millions for Guliani.

For Meadows, because he has a strong argument, his case should be removed to federal court, and a strong case of immunity, his BEST day is $250k.

I'm Gipper
JFABNRGR
AG
Im Gipper said:

For Meadows, because he has a strong argument, his case should be removed to federal court, and a strong case of immunity, his BEST day is $250k.

Are you including retirement costs?

Because what lawyer is going to have any work after supporting this cause.
Im Gipper
JFABNRGR said:

Im Gipper said:

Are you saying the lawyers representing Guliani, Meadows, Trump won't have clients after this?

Hilariously bad take.

I'm Gipper
JFABNRGR
AG
Im Gipper said:

JFABNRGR said:

Im Gipper said:

Are you saying the lawyers representing Guliani, Meadows, Trump won't have clients after this?

Hilariously bad take.

Yet here are many of his own lawyers on trial. I am saying its going to cost them dearly to provide representation.
Im Gipper
None of those on trial with him are major criminal defense attorneys like are representing then all now. They will be fine.

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Im Gipper said:

nortex97 said:

The federal judge has not made that ruling yet. He denied the motions to stay the state court case case to stop the arrests from happening. The decision on whether to move to federal court will be made after a hearing.

Given the statute's plain language, it's no surprise the stay request was denied:

The filing of a notice of removal of a criminal prosecution shall not prevent the State court in which such prosecution is pending from proceeding further, except that a judgment of conviction shall not be entered unless the prosecution is first remanded.

28 USC 1455

It's somewhere in the middle. Meadows asked for removal without a hearing as part of his motion asking the court to stay his arrest, and that was denied too.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

Kind of a d'uh moment to me. Of course she had federal help with that indictment. It's not like her investigators were gumshoeing, schlepping across AZ, MI, PA and other states.
fka ftc
Of course she coordinated and under normal circumstances many would label that as appropriate. If they were hunting ISIS fighters in Fulton County I would fully support.

The issue here that everyone should be throwing a red flag on is that this coordination is being done at the behest of Biden to take out his main political opponent.

Trump asked Zelensky to look into Biden-Ukraine scandal and was impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. Biden asks every DA in America to not only look into, but to MANUFACTURE crimes on Trump and friends. MSM, DNC and CMs pretend it is justice and "no one is above the law"…
Hungry Ojos
will25u said:

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh, an "inquiry" you say?????? That'll show em!

Republicans are feckless, worthless cowards. How can they sit back and watch the left indict and arrest political opponents and do nothing other than send mean letters (that they trip over themselves to post on social media like they're taking action). The entire debate last night should have centered around lawfare and unequal application of justice, Biden's ACTUAL crimes, etc., yet instead, Brett asks a question about UFO's. I don't care what you think about Trump or his team, but this is absolutely unacceptable and I can't see myself lifting a finger to help any of these losers get elected, when they refuse to lift a finger to right this egregious wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
fka ftc said:

Of course she coordinated and under normal circumstances many would label that as appropriate. If they were hunting ISIS fighters in Fulton County I would fully support.

The issue here that everyone should be throwing a red flag on is that this coordination is being done at the behest of Biden to take out his main political opponent.

Trump asked Zelensky to look into Biden-Ukraine scandal and was impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. Biden asks every DA in America to not only look into, but to MANUFACTURE crimes on Trump and friends. MSM, DNC and CMs pretend it is justice and "no one is above the law"…
Between the Bragg NY indictment being essentially forced to bring it after stating he had closed the investigation and now Willis bringing such an overbroad and frankly a mess of her indictment, it is clear both are politically motivated.

Justice has nothing to do with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.