Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,126 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
Foreverconservative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Always liked Greta. She agrees with me more often that not.
whatthehey78
AG
Trial is over. Closing arguments done. Why no ruling from the Judge????????????
aggiehawg
AG
whatthehey78 said:

He is tasked with making findings of fact and conclusions of law in a very grey area of law in Georgia on a spotty evidentiary record.

He also has a huge trial starting next week that will last for awhile. My take is that if he was inclined toward keeping her and Wade on the case, he would rule quickly. Since he's taking two weeks he feels he has to be very thorough in justifying his decision. Reminder, there are two motions before the court, motion to disqualify the DA's office and a motion to dismiss.

I don't think he will dismiss in total. Let someone else make that determination.
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

whatthehey78 said:

He is tasked with making findings of fact and conclusions of law in a very grey area of law in Georgia on a spotty evidentiary record.

He also has a huge trial starting next week that will last for awhile. My take is that if he was inclined toward keeping her and Wade on the case, he would rule quickly. Since he's taking two weeks he feels he has to be very thorough in justifying his decision. Reminder, there are two motions before the court, motion to disqualify the DA's office and a motion to dismiss.

I don't think he will dismiss in total. Let someone else make that determination.
Many thanks!
Foreverconservative
aggiehawg said:

whatthehey78 said:

stated yesterday at the beginning of the closing, McAfee just gave me the impression he'd seen enough of these two and had already determined they were full of crap and the appearance of conflict was already met, and really didn't need to reopen the evidentiary again because his burden of proof had already been met. And then after that disastrous closing performance by the state sealed the deal. He kept pushing back repeatedly against the state's parsing of the actual statute covering conflict. He'd seen enough and the state merely confirmed it. Wade for sure perjured himself multiple times already and now the waiter comes forward proving once again Wade and Bradley were both lying about not having spoken for almost two years, they are really toast. All three could be literally disbarred if he pushes the issue. I agree with Greta as well.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

All three could be literally disbarred if he pushes the issue. I agree with Greta as well.
Well, McAfee did make a reference to the State Bar being just down the street from his courtroom.
aezmvp
I suspect that even if he has the opinion written he may wait for the election filing deadline to pass mid March so he doesn't have to worry about his job for 4 years. Currently unopposed.
aggiehawg
AG
aezmvp said:

I suspect that even if he has the opinion written he may wait for the election filing deadline to pass mid March so he doesn't have to worry about his job for 4 years. Currently unopposed.
Good point.
Foreverconservative
aezmvp said:

I think the deadline is March 8th isn't it? That falls well within his 2 week timeframe. I agree he could be waiting for the deadline, and if he tossed Fami before the deadline the DNC machine would throw in a stiff to run against him within seconds of him tossing Fani and as you pointed out thus far McAfee is running unopposed. I'm sure he's well aware how quickly that could change
aggiehawg
AG
This is a good article summarizing the events in court yesterday and the arguments (or lack thereof) in the summations.

Recommended for those who were unable to watch.

LINK
Foreverconservative
aggiehawg said:

This is a good article summarizing the events in court yesterday and the arguments (or lack thereof) in the summations.

LINK
Willis, who was passing notes to Abbate and signaling with nods, "looked like she wanted to jump up and argue this case herself,"
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Foreverconservative said:

aggiehawg said:

LINK
Willis, who was passing notes to Abbate and signaling with nods, "looked like she wanted to jump up and argue this case herself,"
She hot footed it out of there for the rebuttal, no way she could have kept her huge ego in check when Sadow methodically pulled the wings off that nearly dead fly and she knew it.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Reality Check
Final thought here --

IF this case against Trump and the other 18 is such an important case for the state to prosecute, and...

IF the system of free and fair elections in Fulton County, Georgia and the United States was so adversely impacted by the challenges by Trump's team from Nov. 5, 2020 to Jan. 6, 2021, and...

IF the preponderance of evidence is all prepared and tidied and ready to go when this case starts, and...

IF it's a strong enough case for ANY 12 jurors in the state of Georgia to find Trump guilty and send him to state prison for the rest of his life...

Then WHY does it need to be tried under this cloud of corruption in Fulton County despite Wade and Willis admittedly breaching ethical grounds by having an affair when he was a contractor paid by the county and she was his superior?

Of course, we know the answer. The Biden White House sent Jeff Desantis to Atlanta to write the case, choose the grand jury, and prop up Fani to do the public speaking with a promise of a bright future in the Democrat Party..

All she had to do was not **** it up by hiring her Boo. There were dozens of experienced lawyers in Atlanta who would have loved to get a shot at Trump. A six-week show trial to rehash 2020 with networks saying "election lies" and "insurrection" a million times a day. A conviction by a partisan jury that's never heard of the First Amendment. Dems and the media speculating on whether Trump would be in Futon County Jail on Election Night.

And she couldn't even do that.
texagbeliever
It is important to note that for normal law abiding people who fear consequences of their actions Fani's mishap with Wade seems so colossally stupid it makes one think there should be laws against being so dumb. But reality is that Fani likely has broken laws and done bad things and BECAUSE she has done those things she has got ahead. So naturally she didn't even think doing another bad thing would actually have consequences.

You love to see truth come back to bite the bad guys in the butt.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

IF the preponderance of evidence is all prepared and tidied and ready to go when this case starts, and...
Criminal case, burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt.
aggiejayrod
AG
aggiehawg said:

LINK

To sum up the state's argument "umm, uh, uh, um"
aggiehawg
AG
I feel sorry Abbate. He was in a very bad position with his boss sitting behind him but within his peripheral vision.

He knew when she was pissed at him, and he was already nervous but with her literally looking over his shoulder? Brutal.

Doesn't change the fact that he truly sucked because Fani herself had badly screwed up, not only in hiring Wade but in the entire response to this motion to disqualify.

Fani and Wade are in this hole because of two people, Fanu and Wade.
aggiejayrod
AG
aggiehawg said:

I feel sorry Abbate. He was in a very bad position with his boss sitting behind him but within his peripheral vision.

He knew when she was pissed at him, and he was already nervous but with her literally looking over his shoulder? Brutal.

Doesn't change the fact that he truly sucked because Fani herself had badly screwed up, not only in hiring Wade but in the entire response to this motion to disqualify.

His argument just was so bad tho. He hitched his wagon to the basic argument that if you assume everything in our favor then there's not one shred of evidence. And the PowerPoint is one that I'd see out of my 7 year old, not someone who allegedly passed the bar. "Lies lies lies" if that didn't make the judge's eyes roll then he's not a human being.

Also, nobody is assuming that if he calls a woman 30 times a day that they're in a relationship because….woman…
aggiejayrod
AG
I keep thinking about how they filed for sanctions when they knew there was fire and not just smoke. That should be license suspending when it really was intended to defraud the court.

I think everyone who watched how evasive Bradley was knows there's a lot that he can't or won't say because he's hiding something. Probably because the state is threatening to prosecute and disbar him. The state acts like this has been a fishing expedition that turned up nothing (because they fought tooth and nail to turn anything over to the defense) when the fish jumped into their boat and said "hey, lots more fish if you look right here"
Reality Check
aggiehawg said:

The Donald weighs in with his comments… and they're spectacular.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13151569/trump-mocks-nathan-wade-fani-willis-election-interference.html

aggiehawg
AG
And the hits just keep coming for Willis and Wade.

Quote:

Defense attorney Ashleigh Merchant has been subpoenaed to appear before a Georgia state Senate committee hearing on Wednesday as it investigates the actions of Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

Merchant confirmed to CNN that she had been subpoenaed for the hearing, which will be livestreamed.

The Georgia legislative committee, formed in January to investigate the Fulton County District Attorney, said they planned to issue subpoenas as they investigate Willis, the Democratic state prosecutor who brought the racketeering case against Donald Trump and his allies for their actions after the 2020 election.

Merchant, the defense attorney for a Trump co-defendant, is the first person to be issued a subpoena by the committee. She initially launched the allegations of an improper relationship against Willis and Nathan Wade, the lead prosecutor on the case. The controversy has threatened to undermine the case against Trump in Georgia.

At the committee's first meeting in February, state Sen. Bill Cowsert, the Republican chairman, laid out plans for subpoenas and depositions as part of the investigation into alleged misconduct by Willis.
Cowsert said the panel already has heard from "whistleblowers" but did not elaborate on what information they provided. He said the committee intends to dig into any credible allegations, no matter how long the investigation takes.
LINK
AgCat93
AG
aggiehawg said:

And the hits just keep coming for Willis and Wade.

Quote:

Defense attorney Ashleigh Merchant has been subpoenaed to appear before a Georgia state Senate committee hearing on Wednesday as it investigates the actions of Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

Merchant confirmed to CNN that she had been subpoenaed for the hearing, which will be livestreamed.

The Georgia legislative committee, formed in January to investigate the Fulton County District Attorney, said they planned to issue subpoenas as they investigate Willis, the Democratic state prosecutor who brought the racketeering case against Donald Trump and his allies for their actions after the 2020 election.

Merchant, the defense attorney for a Trump co-defendant, is the first person to be issued a subpoena by the committee. She initially launched the allegations of an improper relationship against Willis and Nathan Wade, the lead prosecutor on the case. The controversy has threatened to undermine the case against Trump in Georgia.

At the committee's first meeting in February, state Sen. Bill Cowsert, the Republican chairman, laid out plans for subpoenas and depositions as part of the investigation into alleged misconduct by Willis.
Cowsert said the panel already has heard from "whistleblowers" but did not elaborate on what information they provided. He said the committee intends to dig into any credible allegations, no matter how long the investigation takes.
LINK

Interesting thought - what if Fani shows up for this hearing in an attempt to intimidate the witness?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

ttorneys for David Shafer, a co-defendant of former President Donald Trump in Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis's election case, have notified the court that they have found a witness they say could undercut Willis's claims about the timeline of her relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade.

Willis has come under intense scrutiny for her relationship with Wade, whom she hired to pursue the case against Trump. Co-defendant Mike Roman initially raised the allegations that Willis had benefitted from the relationship, highlighting the sums Wade received for his work from her office. The pair has acknowledged the relationship, but they claim it began in 2022 after Willis hired Wade.

In a notice of proposed testimony, however, Shafer's attorneys have indicated that, should the opportunity arise to present additional evidence in the matter, they would call Cobb County Co-Chief Deputy District Attorney Cindi Lee Yeager as a witness. The filing asks that in that circumstance they should be permitted to subpoena Yeager.

The filing, obtained by Just the News, offers an outline of Yeager's potential testimony, which says that she had spoken with repeatedly with attorney Terence Bradley, Wade's divorce attorney, about Willis and Wade.
Quote:

Yeager, the filing indicates, is prepared to testify that the pair met in 2019 and that Wade "had definitively begun a romantic relationship with Ms. Willis during the time that Ms. Willis was running for District Attorney in 2019 through 2020."
LINK
JFABNRGR
AG
Yeager apparently overhead Fani directly contact Bradley and warn him against talking about the relationship. Seems like all in that office are interested in a new boss.
aggiehawg
AG

aggiejayrod
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Yeager apparently overhead Fani directly contact Bradley and warn him against talking about the relationship. Seems like all in that office are interested in a new boss.

But Bradley testified that nobody in the DA's office contacted him. Would he go on the stand and lie?
It's pretty obvious that he went from the defense's best friend to Neo dodging every question and it's easy to guess the reason why.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiejayrod said:

JFABNRGR said:

But Bradley testified that nobody in the DA's office contacted him. Would he go on the stand and lie?
It's pretty obvious that he went from the defense's best friend to Neo dodging every question and it's easy to guess the reason why.
Don't forget the waiter that called into Megyn Kelly to say he saw Bradley, Bradley's attorney and Wade having lunch a few weeks back.
aggiejayrod
AG
aggiehawg said:

aggiejayrod said:

JFABNRGR said:

Don't forget the waiter that called into Megyn Kelly to say he saw Bradley, Bradley's attorney and Wade having lunch a few weeks back.

I'm sort of a vindictive person. I'd push hard to have them all disbarred for perjury and witness intimidation. If they lied so easily on the stand about their something easy to prove, what kind of stuff have they been hiding?

I'm 107.48% sure that they've shredded exculpatory evidence in a large percentage of their cases based on Fani's attitude and how bad their prosecutors have been.
barbacoa taco
AG
So a bunch of hearsay and double hearsay?
Logos Stick
barbacoa taco said:

So a bunch of hearsay and double hearsay?

Do you know what direct conversation means?

Bradley is toast.
barbacoa taco
AG
It would be testimony of conversations had with Bradley offered for the truth of the matter asserted. That's hearsay. And Bradley already took the stand.
aggiehawg
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Yeager works in Cobb County DA's office, not Fulton County.
Logos Stick
barbacoa taco said:

It would be testimony of conversations had with Bradley offered for the truth of the matter asserted. That's hearsay. And Bradley already took the stand.

This person is going to testify. It's not heresay if the testimony by the witness is about a direct conversation. You don't know what you are talking about.
AggieAL1
So you've got Ashleigh Merchant, who misrepresented almost everything she offered in motions to disqualify Fani Willis, ready to tell a Georgia Senate committee everything she claims Terrence Bradley told her.

Then you've got a Cobb County deputy district attorney prepared to tell the panel everything Terrence Bradley told her.

Then you've got Terrence Bradley telling everyone that he can't tell anyone anything because anything he knows is privileged and everything he's been telling everyone is speculation.

Sounds like an ironclad case against Fani Willis to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.