What gives you confidence for November?

149,239 Views | 1681 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tone2002
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
That_Guy_Moose said:

Right, no arguments there and don't want to dive into the remaining points, I was just debating the singular argument that a vaccine will be the reason Trump is reelected.

I appreciate the discussion and your points of view.
Understood. And to re-state, agree entirely with you that this whole "vaccine" will make the difference thing is over-played. Its backing the wrong `mental horse'. Anything with this virus is just a sinker. It can't help him in the way the other elements -- including the simple fact none better than the one who proved could revive the economy fast does so again.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
titan
S

Quote:

And I know that if my Dad is saying that, there are others exactly like him across the country who voted for Hillary but will vote for Trump this go around. Add that to the fact that I don't see how someone who voted for Trump in 2016 won't vote for him in 2020, and you have the makings of a bigger win for President Trump than in 2016.
THAT.

The NeverTrumpers on the board do not count. As their stance implies, they didn't vote for him in 2016, but for Johnson, or worse, HRC (as some of the rich elite right did).

Know far too many liberals completely rejecting the lawlessnes and Maoism. They want nothing to do with the Democratic Party this year.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Barnyard96
AG
titan
S

Bongino was former FBI Wonder if it means he still has any reliable connections to present members of it, or even the Secret Service?

Could this be legit.
FrioAg 00:
Premium
AG
Dems May be too scared to go vote and if enough of the battleground States do not allow mass mailing vote, could be what Trump needs.

-

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/july-national-poll-biden-maintains-lead-in-presidential-race-majority-support-nationwide-mask-mandate-in-public-spaces

A majority of voters, 53%, still think Trump will be re-elected in November.

With the safety concerns of voting in person due to COVID-19, a majority (58%) of voters still plan to vote in person, while 43% plan to vote by mail. Among those who plan to vote in person, Trump leads 65% to 32%; Biden leads with those who intend to vote by mail, 76% to 20%.
BanderaAg956
LIBERALS STAND FOR - RIOTS ARE A MYTH....
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
will25u
will25u
Trafalgar was one of the best pollsters in 2016. Texas isn't going blue.

nortex97
AG

Looks like Trump is now doing better than in 2016. Also, just as when Obama/Holder tried to flame the race riots about the 'gentle giant' of Ferguson, Americans aren't buying what Dems-CCP-BLM-media are selling;

Quote:

Most voters view the ongoing violent protests against police as primarily criminal in nature and think they will only make the criminal justice system in America worse.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey shows that just 32% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the mob violence that has continued for weeks in several major cities is primarily legitimate outrage over the police. Fifty-seven percent (57%) think instead that it's mostly criminals taking advantage of the situation. Twelve percent (12%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

This is comparable to attitudes when rioting flared up in Ferguson, Missouri following a police shooting in the summer of 2014 but slightly less critical of the protesters than Americans were following the 2015 violent riots in Baltimore.

Like those protests, the current mob violence is aimed at alleged race-driven police brutality, but only 21% of voters think it is likely to improve the criminal justice situation in America. Fifty-one percent (51%) believe the mob violence will make the criminal justice situation worse. Seventeen percent (17%) say it will have no impact, while 12% are undecided.

Among voters who think the mob violence is primarily legitimate outrage, however, 51% say it is likely to improve the criminal justice situation. Sixty-nine percent (69%) of those who see the mob violence as primarily criminal say it is more likely to worsen criminal justice in America.
nortex97
AG

I am confident more and more people are realizing the message of this video is true.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
nortex97 said:

I am confident more and more people are realizing the message of this video is true.

Many people apply the same adjectives to Donald Trump.
Reginald Cousins
S
That_Guy_Moose said:

nortex97 said:

Many people apply the same adjectives to Donald Trump.
Sure they do.

We call those people idiots around here.
nortex97
AG
I don't consider communists people.

will25u
Earl_Rudder
AG
Trucker 96
Well, he did vote for Hillary
Reginald Cousins
S
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Well, he did vote for Hillary
nortex97
AG
I am optimistic that heading into Nov. more and more people will realize the real science as to lockdowns, not Fauci speak, as Sweden has illustrated;

Quote:

He argues what should now be obvious to any rational, thinking person, which is that "the size of the response in most of the world (not including Sweden) has been totally disproportionate to the threat."

Naysayers may point to Sweden's mortality rate to discount its success. But the virus has taken nearly 6,000 people in a country of 10 million, and one which tallies about 100,000 annual deaths each year. Given that 70 percent of those who died with COVID were over the age of 80 and very unhealthy, he argues, "quite a few of those 6,000 would have died this year anyway," making COVID a "mere blip in terms of its effect on mortality." And, while Sweden will likely continue to see deaths from COVID, it will likely never see anything close to those numbers again. The large number of deaths can be clearly attributed to a "complete lack of any immunity" to this novel coronavirus.

A few months ago, Dr. Kendrick says that "practically everyone who was tested had COVID," even if the presenting symptom was a "nose bleed" or "stomach pain." Today, he reports that he hasn't seen a COVID patient in over a month, and even when he tests patients with fever or cough, the "tests invariably come back as negative."

To be clear, Sweden's economy is wide open. No one is social distancing or wearing a ridiculous mask. Life is back to normal, and the infection rate is still falling. It's pretty safe to say the population in Sweden has now built some level of immunity to the virus, and all signs indeed point to the pandemic being over in Sweden.

What is the obvious takeaway from this? Perhaps Dr. Kendrick sums it up best, saying that he is "willing to bet that the countries that have shut down completely will see rates spike when they open up. If that is the case, then there won't have been any point in shutting down in the first place."
In other words, all of the lockdowns will have been meaningless.
This will continue to not be covered in American mainstream propaganda, of course, but word is going to continue to get to people.
will25u
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2020/08/10/the-tide-turns-toward-trump-n2573952

Quote:

Remember how Donald Trump was totally doomed just a couple weeks ago? Grandpa Badfinger was ridin' high down in his basement and the GOP was going to be destroyed in November. All the smart people of smartness who make up liberal blue check Twitter tweeted it so it had to be true.

Good times.

And then last week it all changed, turning 180 on a dime as Biden stomped on his Pelosi. It's looking good for Trump and the Republicans again, and while there will be twists n' turns, and while we best not get cocky (Hat Tip: Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds) the victory most of us patriots expect is coming clearly into focus as Biden becomes clearly more unfocused.

The polls have improved not just for Trump but for the Republicans running downticket too, not that we should put great store in the polls. Keep in mind that the polls were literally the only indicator showing Biden and the Dems were winning. There's no other manifestation of a blue wave out there. Do you see any Biden signs? There's just one in my neighborhood, which is all LA suburban woke wine women, and that's in a creepy house that the children fear. No, there are no Trump signs either, but then that would invite a hassle. A Biden billboard would presumably invite hosannas for wokeness. And yet, only a single strange-o has one and that's the guy we all suspect is eating the cats that go missing.
will25u
texaglurkerguy
I'll never understand why people insist on using the "I haven't seen many yard signs or bumper stickers for X candidate" as a legitimate measure of how well that candidate is doing/expected to do. I remember this was a favorite argument of Bernie bros back in 2016/Beto supporters in 2018, and we all know how that turned out.
titan
S
will25u said:

Trafalgar was one of the best pollsters in 2016. Texas isn't going blue.

Given what gun sales here are currently, Texas absolutely is not, not this round. That is a far more reliable "poll" and "leading indicator".

Everyone knows that despite MSM propaganda, that Beto basically spoke for the Democratic Party that they will come for guns when have full power. Last time they had full power they unilaterally upended the health care system. Everyone realizes they will do the same with the next item on the agenda when have that power again.
Trucker 96
Putting a Trump sign in your yard seems to be begging for vandalism, which just cries out how much of a **** show this country has become.
crowman2010
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Putting a Trump sign in your yard seems to be begging for vandalism, which just cries out how much of a **** show this country has become.
Maybe I should put one out and put the 2A to good use
will25u
will25u
Aggie4242
You might want to read the actual study that tweet is referencing.

Quote:

These findings in the latest Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service Battleground Poll, conducted by Republican pollster Ed Goeas and Democratic pollster Celinda Lake, indicate the President is facing major headwinds for his reelection as the two parties head into their national conventions.

https://politics.georgetown.edu/2020/08/10/three-months-out-from-the-election-president-trump-faces-eroding-support-on-the-economy-major-challenges-with-independent-suburban-and-middle-class-voters/
That_Guy_Moose
AG
Aggie4242 said:

You might want to read the actual study that tweet is referencing.

Quote:

These findings in the latest Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service Battleground Poll, conducted by Republican pollster Ed Goeas and Democratic pollster Celinda Lake, indicate the President is facing major headwinds for his reelection as the two parties head into their national conventions.

https://politics.georgetown.edu/2020/08/10/three-months-out-from-the-election-president-trump-faces-eroding-support-on-the-economy-major-challenges-with-independent-suburban-and-middle-class-voters/

I think the data of the tweet is misunderstood by the author. It's not a drop temporally from prior polls, it's just the discrepancy between Biden's polling data and the average congressional ballot broken out by demographic. "Drop" was a poor choice of verbiage by the poller.

Either way that's a positive sign for congressional Republicans in the senate trying to hold their seats.
Convincingly
AG
Good trumps evil
will25u
titan
S

This is both hilarious and encouraging. Its good to know some ordinary people can just still think logically outside the brainswashing waves of the MSM media or "education". Three more years like the ones before this one (which was an artificial creation) is much better than years like this one and worse (which is the Democrat trajectory)
FrioAg 00:
Gigem314
AG
will25u said:

Democrats rooting against economic and America's recovery....what a surprise.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

I'll never understand why people insist on using the "I haven't seen many yard signs or bumper stickers for X candidate" as a legitimate measure of how well that candidate is doing/expected to do. I remember this was a favorite argument of Bernie bros back in 2016/Beto supporters in 2018, and we all know how that turned out.

Beto had more signs than any other state level politician I've ever seen before, and came very close to unseating a popular incumbent.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
will25u
If Biden is underperforming this bad with hispanics, I don't see how he wins.

Reginald Cousins
S
will25u said:

If Biden is underperforming this bad with hispanics, I don't see how he wins.

Mail in voting, duh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.