What gives you confidence for November?

149,138 Views | 1681 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tone2002
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will25u
will25u
will25u
aginlakeway
AG
will25u said:

Wow. That's big news.
Texasaggie32
will25u said:

Wish it was +2 for Trump obviously. Conservative leaning pollsters having him down isn't the best news, but as others have said, hopefully the past 1-2 weeks have been his bottoming out point.
Texasaggie32
aginlakeway said:

will25u said:

Wow. That's big news.

Lots of undecideds for this late in the election. Don't they typically break with the challenger (although Trump could be the exception to that rule with the shy Trump vote). Maybe they just won't vote in general. Hillary won the state by ~2.5% I think so certainly in line with his 2016 performance.
Barnyard96
AG
Texasaggie32 said:

Lots of undecideds for this late in the election. Don't they typically break with the challenger (although Trump could be the exception to that rule with the shy Trump vote). Maybe they just won't vote in general. Hillary won the state by ~2.5% I think so certainly in line with his 2016 performance.
I picked up on the undecided as well. With my rose colored glasses, I view it as a good sign for Trump as the undecided also includes "refuse to respond"

Seeing this same trend in MN, WI, etc.
fooz
This

Barnyard96
AG

Go to about 9:50 mark

fooz
nortex97
AG

This indicates Trump is up over 1 percent around Milwaukee basically in early voting so far.

If WI goes from toss up to leans R based on EARLY voting...it's a landslide because it's unlikely Dem voter fraud works in all of PA-MI-MN-AZ-NC, and if he's up by that amount in WI he is definitely winning OH/IA.

I think that's why you're seeing Biden/WHO etc. saying now that lockdowns are bad etc. They realize it's killing them finally among actual voters. (Thankfully Whitmer hasn't gotten the message, but I wish Wheels would).
texagbeliever
Um King Abbott opened up tubing last week, so don't act like he isn't doing anything!
FriscoKid
AG
texagbeliever said:

Um King Abbott opened up tubing last week, so don't act like he isn't doing anything!
It's more popular in the summer when you can actually get in the water.
bmks270
AG
I think turnout is going to be wrongly estimated by the pollsters and Trump will win in a landslide.

Everything except polls indicates victory for Trump.
The rally attendance.
Voter registration data.
Campaign ground game.

Also, no incumbent who received over 75% of the primary vote has lost re-election, and Trump's primary voter turnout was huge.

Texasaggie32
nortex97 said:

This indicates Trump is up over 1 percent around Milwaukee basically in early voting so far.

If WI goes from toss up to leans R based on EARLY voting...it's a landslide because it's unlikely Dem voter fraud works in all of PA-MI-MN-AZ-NC, and if he's up by that amount in WI he is definitely winning OH/IA.

I think that's why you're seeing Biden/WHO etc. saying now that lockdowns are bad etc. They realize it's killing them finally among actual voters. (Thankfully Whitmer hasn't gotten the message, but I wish Wheels would).
How good is that Twitter account? First time seeing it.
will25u
Texasaggie32 said:

nortex97 said:

How good is that Twitter account? First time seeing it.
I have been following them for a while. They don't use polls but rather registration trends, etc. I think they are fair. I believe they are right leaning.

They also have a website.

realamericanpolitics.com
texagbeliever
You left off campaign donations. Night and day difference 2016 vs 2020.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/own.facts15#!/vizhome/Dashboard_Fundraising/Dashboard_Fundraising

There is only 1 swing state Biden has raised more money in, PA. And Trump has 140k unique contributions vs Biden's 100k. Last election trump had 33k unique contributions and Clinton 120k.
nortex97
AG
FriscoKid said:

texagbeliever said:

It's more popular in the summer when you can actually get in the water.
LOL, I think your sarcasm detector is unplugged Frisco.
EKUAg
AG
Republicans apparently have a ballot harvesting operation in CA.

fooz
EKUAg said:

Rapier108
EKUAg said:

The California GOP said they were going to ballot harvest in the extreme in 2020, after getting caught flatfooted in 2018.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
fooz
FroWins
AG
Rapier108 said:

EKUAg said:

The California GOP said they were going to ballot harvest in the extreme in 2020, after getting caught flatfooted in 2018.

That's how the republican candidate flipped the congressional seat in the special election after that Dem had to resign because she was messing around with her staff. I remember seeing him in an interview on Fox News saying they had to buy into the ballet harvesting to win (or at least words to that effect).
aTm2004
AG
Her whole thread:

fooz
texagbeliever
Barnyard96
AG
goose91
AG
I would hope that most of these 20 million would vote Republican.

Quote:

A shortage of ammunition in the U.S. is set to continue following record firearms sales this year. Reasons suggested for the high arms sales figures include uncertainty amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the upcoming presidential election and civil unrest seen in recent months across the country.

"During President [Donald] Trump's administration, the number of concealed handgun permits has soared to over 19.48 milliona 34 percent increase over 2016," a Crime Prevention Research Center report released earlier this month said.

The report also said 17 states "no longer provide data on all the people who are legally carrying a concealed handgun because people in those states no longer need a permit to carry."

Concealed Handgun Permits Soar to Nearly 20 Million
nortex97
AG
https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/10/13/here-are-the-metrics-that-show-trump-has-a-lock-on-the-election/
BonsaiGreen
Here's what gives me confidence in the elections.

There are WAY more patriots in this country than the media gives credit for. All around our country there are many silent, hardworking men and women who go about their business and work their tails off for their money - no handouts, no crying, or playing the victim. They are the majority and they vote.

As Trump has proved, these people are all across our great country, waiting to once again elect the most pro-American president our nation has seen in generations.

We will win.

And hopefully, the radical left will learn their lesson that no one in their right mind wants communism.

I predict a landslide victory for Trump.
nortex97
AG
From power line blog;

Quote:

A Dose of Optimism

It is an odd election season. Pretty much everyone thinks the Democrats are on their way to a crushing victory, yet it is hard to see why. A whopping 56% of Americans say they are better off now than they were four years ago, and President Trump draws large, enthusiastic crowds wherever he goes. Meanwhile, Joe Biden is a pale shell of his formerly buffoonish self. When Joe is able to get out of bed, his campaign schedules intimate invitation-only events. Supposedly this is because of COVID, but everyone knows it is really because he doesn't want to be embarrassed by his inability to draw a crowd. Probably no one outside of Biden's immediate family particularly wants him to be president.

So what is going on? One possibility is that the conventional wisdom is wrong. At Townhall, Kevin McCullough, who has a pretty good record as an election forecaster, argues that we should believe our lying eyes:
Quote:

To be exceedingly clear I find no evidence of a Biden win outside of the media polls.
The candidates already know that the president is winning by a mile. President Trump can't help but to continue to draw massive crowds (even while in the hospital.) Every weekend, in every state, in hundreds of cities bikers, truckers, boaters, horse and buggy people, and regular pedestrians are having larger and larger participation in various parades of support from Miami to Manhattan and from Beverly Hills to Capitol Hill. Meanwhile Biden has trouble getting more than a dozen to show up at a tour stop in Yuma. And we all know people who say "I didn't vote for him then," or "I wasn't really sure about him in 2016," who have converted to "I'll crawl over broken glass to vote for him now."

I was far from sure about Trump in 2016, but it would take an AK-47 to stop me from voting for him this year.
Quote:

Is it significant that Candace Owens led a "Back the Blue" march through DC and to the White House yesterday consisting of thousands of African American voters? Is it important that President Trump received them? Does it seem to make an impact that President Trump oversaw the fastest job creation for Black Americans with the fastest growth in wages among the poorest Black Americans in the modern era? Evidently it does because he's currently enjoying (what I perceive to be understated) support anywhere from 18 to 25 percent of Black Americans. When narrowed down to Black men he's consistently in the low to mid-30s percentage wise. The modern era high for a GOP president is 11 percent. Democrat's consistently need 90 to 95 percent support of Black voters to win. If Trump gets anything above 11 percent he wins big.
I agree that this is potentially a huge factor. Probably most blacks are on board with the BLM narrativeamong other things, there is money in itbut many others are not. More jobs with better pay are a good platform.
Quote:

Biden also has challenges with Hispanic voters. The president has seen a broad based support with Latinos that similarly to Blacks defies modern era history. One veteran of elections going back multiple decades told me last week that the president may enjoy support as high as 45 to 50 percent of the Hispanic vote.
I don't know what the numbers will turn out to be, but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence as well as polling dataand anecdotal evidence is not always inferior in this regardsuggesting that Trump enjoys considerably more Hispanic support than he did in 2016.

Then, of course, there is the economy, which was pretty much the only issue as recently as 1992 and 2008. And on the economy, Trump wins going away. McCullough concludes on a bullish note:
Quote:

On November 3rd, President Trump won't just win, he will break records, shift turn out patterns, and crush his way to the biggest re-election victory since Ronald Reagan.

Barnyard96
AG
will25u
Barnyard96
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.