What gives you confidence for November?

149,269 Views | 1681 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tone2002
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have seen a few #WalkAway youtube videos of former Democrats that said they will vote for Trump this election.

MostlyHarmless
AG
Rendered Fat said:

will25u said:

Posted without comment except for... WOW!

What am I missing here...why is this good?
I just looked up the 2016 results and Miami-Dade went with Clinton 624,146 to Trump's 333,999. So percentage wise about 1% better this time around.
StandUpforAmerica
will25u
Obama, AND Bernie? PA must not be looking too good.

Just an Ag
AG
will25u said:

All hands on deck for PA! Without Penn, Biden may wind up in the pen.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
TheCougarHunter
AG
will25u said:

So much for the "Trump will get 20% of the black vote" theory...
Barnyard96
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

will25u said:

"Other"
Barnyard96
AG
MSDNC Reports

rgag12
AG
Just an Ag said:

will25u said:

He will be sunk for sure. It's looking like Trump is going to pull out FL, AZ, GA, and most likely NC. That means Trump only needs one of WI, MI, or PA. To me, those three states are the race
Prosperdick
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

Rendered Fat said:

will25u said:

What am I missing here...why is this good?
I just looked up the 2016 results and Miami-Dade went with Clinton 624,146 to Trump's 333,999. So percentage wise about 1% better this time around.

Early voting usually favors Dems since Republicans usually vote more on Election Day so the number you took from 2016 was the final tally which means even better for Trump.

To put another way I bet the numbers 2 weeks from Election Day for Miami-Dade 2016 showed Hillary with a much bigger lead than Biden currently holds.
aggiehawg
AG
Ground game in strong for Trump. Newly registered voters are much more likely to vote and even if they don't fell so inclined, the Trump campaign likely has their contact information to prod them to do so.

No such organization by the Biden campaign.

Thanks for posting. Good info to know.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
There is also a large number of democrat registered voters who did not switch registration because there was no primary for Trump. Voting for the dems in their primary was low remember.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

He will be sunk for sure. It's looking like Trump is going to pull out FL, AZ, GA, and most likely NC. That means Trump only needs one of WI, MI, or PA. To me, those three states are the race
I think he takes all three, plus Minnesota.
Barnyard96
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And Nevada!!
nortex97
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

There is also a large number of democrat registered voters who did not switch registration because there was no primary for Trump. Voting for the dems in their primary was low remember.
Very true. Particularly for older Dems, they often don't switch parties formally, just start voting R. In some states Trump managed to get more votes than all of the Dem candidates combined.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/20/trumps-primary-vote-totals-trounce-previous-incumbents-numbers/
aginlakeway
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

So what makes you think he will win all of those states? I just don't see it. Are the polls VERY far off everywhere?

I am ALL for Trump. But there are so many numbers out there that just don't look good.

"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aggiehawg
AG
barnyard1996 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And Nevada!!
Not quite sold on Nevada yet. Although it's certainly possible.

Hillary received 47.92%, Trump received 45.50% and Johnson received 3.32%. With Johnson out of the equation. there's room for Trump to close the gap from last time.

IIRC Arizona had over a 4% draw for Johnson in 2016. And that bodes well for Trump, there.

fightingfarmer09
TheCougarHunter said:

will25u said:

Those are ballots of people registered for a party. Not the candidate they voted for.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Exactly. Of which there are more registered dems voting for Trump than people antcipate
Legend
AG
rgag12 said:

Just an Ag said:

will25u said:

Doesn't the above put him at 258? If so, WI alone would only be 268 and he'd need another state or both ME and NE split EVs. MI or PA alone would do it, but not WI.

(and I'm not being pessimistic on any of the states, just looking purely at the map/#'s in your scenario).
Cheetah01
AG
Legend said:

rgag12 said:

Just an Ag said:

will25u said:

Doesn't the above put him at 258? If so, WI alone would only be 268 and he'd need another state or both ME and NE split EVs. MI or PA alone would do it, but not WI.

(and I'm not being pessimistic on any of the states, just looking purely at the map/#'s in your scenario).

Not with ME CD2 and all NE CDs. It would be 270.
aggiehawg
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Exactly. Of which there are more registered dems voting for Trump than people antcipate
Routinely drawing 20-30% of Democrats to his rallies would indicate that is true.
Silvertaps
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

I know a few dems voting Trump this year, and quite a few Independents (mostly co-workers and a few in-laws in the NorthEast).
Shutdowns, riots, and taxes are all the reasons of concern.
Unknown_handle
AG
My friend no matter what the BS media says...GEORGIA IS NOT IN PLAY FOR HIDDIN BIDEN!!!!

I know the polling data in Georgia and if Biden is needing Georgia to win then he is F'd!!!
rgag12
AG
Legend said:

rgag12 said:

Just an Ag said:

will25u said:

I'm using 270towin's map and it had it 259, I wasn't counting ME2, which trump should get and would put him over the threshold. Not sure about the other 1 point in your calculation. Maybe you or I are not correctly accounting for all of NE's or ME's votes? I had all of NE going to Trump
Legend
AG
We are on same page. 258 without either of the NE and ME split EV's. He wins both of those and he has 260. In that case WI would put him at 270.

Barnyard96
AG
Lot of people saying this. The focus moves to the Midwest as expected.

SlimM
AG
Cheetah01
AG
SlimM said:

Not sure what this is saying. Are you saying this gives you confidence Biden will win?
Barnyard96
AG
Its a summary of the RCP averages made into a pretty tweet.
will25u
FTAG 2000
AG
SlimM said:

Garbage
will25u
Can put this one to bed. Helmut Norpoth still stands by his Primary Model at 91% for Trump's reelection.

Phat32
AG
Man I hope you guys are right

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.