What gives you confidence for November?

148,915 Views | 1681 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tone2002
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if source but I think it is a big number!

nortex97
AG
Trump draws within 1 point.

Quote:

Former Vice President Joe Biden's lead over President Trump in the 2020 presidential race, once as high as 15 points in some polls, has been cut to just 1 point in the latest Rasmussen Reports survey shared with Secrets.

The pollster, one of those who most closely called the 2016 popular vote, said that Biden is edging out Trump 46%-45%, well within the margin of error.

That is a dramatic change from its last status report on the race, when Biden led Trump 48%-44% over a week ago.
Kamala Harris to give some sort of pathetic 'rebuttal' speech to whatever Trump says Thursday around midnight eastern.
[url=https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2020/08/26/worst-nightmare-abc-cbs-lose-their-noodles-after-trump-holds][/url]
Media losing it over naturalization ceremony.

All 3 are great signs!
Barnyard96
AG
5dimes Betting Odds

will25u
will25u
Barnyard96
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
barnyard1996 said:

They have it as a toss-up?
Barnyard96
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

barnyard1996 said:

It has sharply gone from 65/35 to 50/50 in the last two weeks.
AgBQ-00
AG
barnyard1996 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

barnyard1996 said:

I've always heard to bet the steam. LOL Seems like a whole lot going towards Trump right now
will25u
Biden has been cratering lately.

texsn95
AG
Yup dead even at 5dimes. Was +150 about a month ago. Should have funded my account then :-(
agforlife97
AG
barnyard1996 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Yep. I think if the election were held today, Trump would win the electoral college 284-254. And he basically has only just started campaigning. The riots along with defund the police are going to be the nail in the coffin for the D's this time.
titan
S
agforlife97 said:

barnyard1996 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Yep. I think if the election were held today, Trump would win the electoral college 284-254. And he basically has only just started campaigning. The riots along with defund the police are going to be the nail in the coffin for the D's this time.
And UNLIKE Bush-Romney type Republicans, he won't fail to remind people every week that the Democrats and their allies backed that, whether they have now switched to some other false narrative in September or October or not by then.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Barnyard96
AG
Trump +2 in Michigan per Trafalgar poll (yes they lean R).

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/mi/michigan_trump_vs_biden-6761.html
Premium
AG
barnyard1996 said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/mi/michigan_trump_vs_biden-6761.html

Or maybe everyone is so far left this is actually weighted correctly. Can you substantiate their methods being "lean right"?
will25u
I do think Trafalgar is right leaning, but them Rasmussen, and a few others were pretty damned close at predicting the election in 2016. I believe Rasmussen got the spread exactly right in 2016.
Barnyard96
AG
Premium said:

barnyard1996 said:

Or maybe everyone is so far left this is actually weighted correctly. Can you substantiate their methods being "lean right"?
I can't really substantiate any of it. They are just "known" to be right leaning whatever that means.

It is ironic when the libs point out bias in the polls. Who knew such a thing existed?
Premium
AG
will25u said:

I do think Trafalgar is right leaning, but them Rasmussen, and a few others were pretty damned close at predicting the election in 2016. I believe Rasmussen got the spread exactly right in 2016.

You can attack the organization all you want, but what are their methods, that's all that matters. It's been proven other polls way over sample Democrats. How does Trafalger methods lean right?
will25u
That poll is Likely Voters, and there is no crosstabs for R/D split.

I don't know why they say it is right leaning.
Barnyard96
AG
Premium said:

will25u said:

You can attack the organization all you want, but what are their methods, that's all that matters. It's been proven other polls way over sample Democrats. How does Trafalger methods lean right?
Who is attacking anyone? Trafalgar put out some good news on Michigan. Unlike, the libs, I made the statement that this poll has been know to lean right.

For example a Wisconsin poll showed them way oversampling seniors which is a demographic that went Trump last time.

It is what it is?
GreasenUSA
AG
nortex97
AG
barnyard1996 said:

Premium said:

will25u said:

Who is attacking anyone? Trafalgar put out some good news on Michigan. Unlike, the libs, I made the statement that this poll has been know to lean right.

For example a Wisconsin poll showed them way oversampling seniors which is a demographic that went Trump last time.

It is what it is?
Trafalgar is generally resented on the left, and did miss some in 2018, but was the one that got 2016 the most right. I'd agree they are perceived as 'right leaning' because they tend to do things the other major polls won't, such as calculate 'shy Trump voters' etc.

They also have James up in Michigan right now. I'm sure I'm biased in favor of their results but I tend to like their methodology.
bbqAg09
AG
  • In 2016 Trump won with a HUGE number of first time voters while losing out on a HUGE amount of Never Trump voters.
  • I can't find a single Trump '16 voter not voting for him this time around.
  • I have found a HUGE number of conservative/moderate voters who didn't vote in '16 or voted 3rd party that are now ENTHUSIASTICALLY voting for Trump
  • I live in the heart of Dallas and sadly am surrounded by liberals everywhere I look. In 2018 70% of front yards had beto signs posted and '16 had at least 20% of yards with Hillary signs. This year, not only am I not seeing Biden signs, but I'm not seeing any down ticket democrat signs. Instead, I'm seeing down ticket Republican signs. People are too afraid of property destruction to have a Trump sign.

In short, enthusiasm for a candidate inspires people to get off their ass and go vote (or even mess with a mail-in vote). On the other hand, apathy about your candidate but dislike (or even blind TDS hatred) for the other candidate does not equate to the same level of voter turnout as the aforementioned subset.

Look at small donation fundraising, convention viewership, cable news ratings, etc.

TRUMP 2020 LANDSLIDE
nortex97
AG
The 'shy trump voter' phenomenon I am convinced is real; this seems almost completely logical given the violent left in our world today.

Quote:

The study, conducted by CloudResearch out of New York, offers this bottom line regardless of whether you are Democrat, Republican, or an Independent: "10.1% of Trump supporters said they were likely to be untruthful on telephone surveys."

Only 5.1 percent of Biden voters say the same.

CloudResearch didn't just come out and ask people if they would lie. Instead, a number of steps were taken for the sake of accuracy.

Participants were first asked about their political preference. Then they were asked about how comfortable they were expressing a true opinion to a phone pollster. Later on, they were asked who they truly supported for president.

When asked why they would lie to a pollster, participants offered up a variety of answers, none all that surprising.

Some said they did not believe their preference would be kept confidential and feel it's dangerous in this current climate to share an opinion that is not the accepted "liberal viewpoint."
In a similar vein, others said they feared reprisal for their choice or that the call was being recorded. Some said they were ashamed of holding an opinion that is "frowned upon."

Quote:

Despite my own history of malicious intent, I'm still surprised by the results. As recently as last week, I laid out why I didn't believe in the "shy Trump voter" theory while appearing as a guest on Dennis Miller's podcast. Miller did a pretty good job convincing me otherwise, but I'm still surprised.

Nevertheless, the study is convincing. If the study had asked only if you are willing to a pollster, that wouldn't convince me. My guess is that people are more likely to say they would lie to a pollster than are actually willing to lie to a pollster if that makes sense. The way CloudResearch went about it, though, is probably the smartest way possible. They also took their time, sampling 1,000 registered voters online for more than a week, between August 19 and 27.

We'll know soon enough.

Cheetah01
AG
nortex97 said:

That seems about 100M high? Anyone know this data source?
MostlyHarmless
AG
Cheetah01 said:

nortex97 said:

There was a report that the RNC had six times the number of viewers of the DNC on C-SPAN. I believe someone took the "six times" and applied it to the 21.4M to get the 128.4M number
will25u
Cheetah01
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

Cheetah01 said:

nortex97 said:

There was a report that the RNC had six times the number of viewers of the DNC on C-SPAN. I believe someone took the "six times" and applied it to the 21.4M to get the 128.4M number

Lol...good grief. Thanks for explaining!
agforlife97
AG
nortex97 said:

The 'shy trump voter' phenomenon I am convinced is real; this seems almost completely logical given the violent left in our world today.

Quote:

The study, conducted by CloudResearch out of New York, offers this bottom line regardless of whether you are Democrat, Republican, or an Independent: "10.1% of Trump supporters said they were likely to be untruthful on telephone surveys."

Only 5.1 percent of Biden voters say the same.

CloudResearch didn't just come out and ask people if they would lie. Instead, a number of steps were taken for the sake of accuracy.

Participants were first asked about their political preference. Then they were asked about how comfortable they were expressing a true opinion to a phone pollster. Later on, they were asked who they truly supported for president.

When asked why they would lie to a pollster, participants offered up a variety of answers, none all that surprising.

Some said they did not believe their preference would be kept confidential and feel it's dangerous in this current climate to share an opinion that is not the accepted "liberal viewpoint."
In a similar vein, others said they feared reprisal for their choice or that the call was being recorded. Some said they were ashamed of holding an opinion that is "frowned upon."

Quote:

Despite my own history of malicious intent, I'm still surprised by the results. As recently as last week, I laid out why I didn't believe in the "shy Trump voter" theory while appearing as a guest on Dennis Miller's podcast. Miller did a pretty good job convincing me otherwise, but I'm still surprised.

Nevertheless, the study is convincing. If the study had asked only if you are willing to a pollster, that wouldn't convince me. My guess is that people are more likely to say they would lie to a pollster than are actually willing to lie to a pollster if that makes sense. The way CloudResearch went about it, though, is probably the smartest way possible. They also took their time, sampling 1,000 registered voters online for more than a week, between August 19 and 27.

We'll know soon enough.

When you're looking at the swing state polls, you should expect Trump to win in any state where Biden is ahead by 5 points or less.
will25u
nortex97
AG
I only wish I had more blue stars to give. The article I read back in May indicated 6 or less for Dems means Trump is winning, but absolutely at 5 it is highly likely Trump carries the state.
APHIS AG
Quote:

What gives you confidence for November?

The Democrats themselves. They are their own worst enemy. They have underestimated Trump from when he made his announcement to run for President till today.

They have never figured him out and every deceit, every lie, every accusation that they have thrown at him has failed.

People have also noticed how the MSM has become a propaganda machine for the Democrats with 99% antiTrump "fake news".

They thought the corvid virus would get him and in a way it did work however, then came the riots which they tried to blame Trump but this time, the plan backfired as Democratic leadership and Congress being blamed for inaction.

And finally, their is Trump himself. An enigma which has done what no other Republican has done, fight back.

He may not be the President we want, but he is the President we need.
nortex97
AG
Trump +3, plus 7 in swing states.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1329181/us-election-2020-donald-trump-joe-biden

Quote:

In the latest monthly Democracy Institute (DI)/Sunday Express poll President Trump has 48 per cent of the popular support over the former vice president's 45 per cent. In the key swing states the gap is even bigger, with 49 per cent for Trump to 42 per cent for Biden giving the President a seven-point lead. The DI polls have consistently shown more positive results for the President than other surveys. While most suggest a Democrat lead, the monthly DI polls have been more favourable to Trump.
will25u
will25u
And Biden is supposedly much more liked than Clinton was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.