What gives you confidence for November?

149,276 Views | 1681 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tone2002
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTHOB said:

aginlakeway said:

BTHOB said:

I think the word you're looking for is "realists." FYI - I'm still voting for Trump, so I haven't "quit." However, I am not deluded enough to believe he will be re-elected.

There was no way Hillary was going to be elected (despite what the polls said). She was WAY too unlikeable. But, Biden would have beaten Trump if he were the nominee in 2016 and he will beat Trump this time. Again, it's a sad state of affairs.

So you are certain the Biden will win then? How can you be certain?
Nobody can be certain of the future. I am posting my opinion on the internet.

Again, it helps to be a realist. Are you certain that Trump will win? (Hopefully, the answer is no because: nobody can be certain of the future).

I'm not sure who I think may win right now. Too early to make a prediction on what I think may happen. But I would never say something will happen.
BTHOB
AG
aginlakeway said:

BTHOB said:

aginlakeway said:

BTHOB said:

I think the word you're looking for is "realists." FYI - I'm still voting for Trump, so I haven't "quit." However, I am not deluded enough to believe he will be re-elected.

There was no way Hillary was going to be elected (despite what the polls said). She was WAY too unlikeable. But, Biden would have beaten Trump if he were the nominee in 2016 and he will beat Trump this time. Again, it's a sad state of affairs.

Again, it helps to be a realist. Are you certain that Trump will win? (Hopefully, the answer is no because: nobody can be certain of the future).

I'm not sure who I think may win right now. Too early to make a prediction on what I think may happen. But I would never say something will happen.
But, I guess you are willing to say something will never happen? I'm just emphasizing my point that we are not stating "facts" here. The "in my opinion" is implied when we make statements like that (hopefully).
nortex97
AG
aggiehawg
AG
will25u
aginlakeway
AG
will25u said:

This is huge.
aggiehawg
AG
I have been posting all along that the Biden ground game is virtually non existent in key states. Going digital instead and that's a big mistake.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The media panned President Trump's rowdy debate performance, but it appears that it helped him and he is "on the rise again," according to the first post-debate approval survey.

Sliding from 52% approval over the weekend to 46% Wednesday, Trump is back up to 49% Thursday in the daily Trump tracking poll of likely voters from Rasmussen Reports.

According to the poll analysis, "This survey is the first to include a night of polling following the first presidential debate between Trump and Democrat nominee Joe Biden. The president's approval ran in the low 50s for 10 days through the end of last week but dropped as low as 46% in the first three days of this week following his nomination Saturday of federal Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Now his approval appears to be on the rise again. By next Monday morning, all 1,500 voters in the daily tracking survey will have been polled following Tuesday night's contentious debate."

Meanwhile, Gallup pushed Trump's approval rating up on Thursday to 46% from 42%. And, it said, "56% expect Trump will win the election; 40% think Biden will."
LINK
Barnyard96
AG
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The media panned President Trump's rowdy debate performance, but it appears that it helped him and he is "on the rise again," according to the first post-debate approval survey.

Sliding from 52% approval over the weekend to 46% Wednesday, Trump is back up to 49% Thursday in the daily Trump tracking poll of likely voters from Rasmussen Reports.

According to the poll analysis, "This survey is the first to include a night of polling following the first presidential debate between Trump and Democrat nominee Joe Biden. The president's approval ran in the low 50s for 10 days through the end of last week but dropped as low as 46% in the first three days of this week following his nomination Saturday of federal Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Now his approval appears to be on the rise again. By next Monday morning, all 1,500 voters in the daily tracking survey will have been polled following Tuesday night's contentious debate."

Meanwhile, Gallup pushed Trump's approval rating up on Thursday to 46% from 42%. And, it said, "56% expect Trump will win the election; 40% think Biden will."
LINK
I'm inclined to think that the drop wasn't related to ACB but rather the media hammering away at the "$750 in income tax" thing. Then Trump said during the debate that he actually paid $38 million one year and $27 million in another year in total taxes. I think at that point the federal income tax thing became a nothing burger. But I could be wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg said:

I have been posting all along that the Biden ground game is virtually non existent in key states. Going digital instead and that's a big mistake.
Looks like the Biden campaign may be catching on.

Quote:

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign will begin in-person canvassing in some battleground states starting early next week, his campaign told The Hill.

The campaign will reportedly start off with several hundred volunteers in Nevada, Michigan, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, and will eventually move on to other states. The effort will target voters who have been difficult to reach by phone and digital avenues.

"Our voter contact operation is the most innovative and technologically advanced of any presidential campaign in history, and it has been thriving in this unprecedented environment especially in terms of the most important metric: meaningful conversations with voters," Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon said in a statement.
LINK
Barnyard96
AG
Voter registrations begin closing this week.
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

Looks like the Biden campaign may be catching on.

Quote:

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign will begin in-person canvassing in some battleground states starting early next week, his campaign told The Hill.

The campaign will reportedly start off with several hundred volunteers in Nevada, Michigan, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, and will eventually move on to other states. The effort will target voters who have been difficult to reach by phone and digital avenues.

"Our voter contact operation is the most innovative and technologically advanced of any presidential campaign in history, and it has been thriving in this unprecedented environment especially in terms of the most important metric: meaningful conversations with voters," Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon said in a statement.
LINK
I just hope their "voter contact operation" puts these fine folks to good use:

Barnyard96
AG
nortex97
AG
Sorry to derail (LOL), but Amtrak is the epitome of government waste over the past 50 years. It's so perfect, his tone-deafness gives me confidence!
aginlakeway
AG
barnyard1996 said:

Pookers
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

aggiehawg said:

LINK
I just hope their "voter contact operation" puts these fine folks to good use:

They need to add the commie scumbag who got "disarmed" in kenosha to this image.
nortex97
AG
will25u
ravingfans
AG
barnyard1996 said:

What you are describing is the enthusiasm gap. It is calculated by your vote being FOR a candidate or AGAINST a candidate.

In 2016 Trump led the gap by +4

Today he leads by +20-30 pts.

I get that a lot of democrats and some independents hate Trump, but historically this does not bode well for turnout. It only takes a small percentage of people to stay home to change the election. It affects the younger voters the most.

On Trump: In 2016 people voting FOR him was around 55% (45% against Hillary). Today he is as high as 80% FOR him. The polls do not account for any of this.

I like the way you think barnyard--where is the enthusiasm gap measured though?
Barnyard96
AG
I'm not following the dates and categories here.
will25u
With voter roll purges and switching parties, the Democrats have lost ~20k since 2016 while Republicans have gained.
Barnyard96
AG
ravingfans said:

barnyard1996 said:

What you are describing is the enthusiasm gap. It is calculated by your vote being FOR a candidate or AGAINST a candidate.

In 2016 Trump led the gap by +4

Today he leads by +20-30 pts.

I get that a lot of democrats and some independents hate Trump, but historically this does not bode well for turnout. It only takes a small percentage of people to stay home to change the election. It affects the younger voters the most.

On Trump: In 2016 people voting FOR him was around 55% (45% against Hillary). Today he is as high as 80% FOR him. The polls do not account for any of this.

I like the way you think barnyard--where is the enthusiasm gap measured though?
Here is 2016 and 2020. Using yougov poll which is a crap poll but I like their format.

2016 - This poll was taken leading up to the election, but the exit polls actually showed more FOR trump votes.

2020 - Look how much Trump's enthusiasm has increased.

will25u
Legend
AG
aginlakeway
AG
Some really encouraging data out there.
TAMU1990
AG
aginlakeway said:

BTHOB said:

aginlakeway said:

BTHOB said:

No kidding! Biden is so frail that anything can happen. I do not think he serves his entire term. He's out in under two years - either by death or incapacity. Which is why it's vital Pence exposes Kamala Harris next week.Her voting record is not supported by the majority, which is why she didn't even make it to the primary.
TAMU1990
AG
nortex97 said:

Sorry to derail (LOL), but Amtrak is the epitome of government waste over the past 50 years. It's so perfect, his tone-deafness gives me confidence!
I as listening to Hannity yesterday and he had a retired Amtrack worker on who is running for Congress. Stared that Biden was friendly but carried himself like he was better than everyone else.
atmtws
AG
None of this matters when they know the majority of Trump voters will vote in person, and that they have an week or two to count votes after Nov. 3, thus giving them time to manufacture votes.

True, logical statistics are irrelevant in this election. WE NEED THE REPUBLICANS TO VOLUNTEER TO BE PRESENT TO COUNT VOTES. It's the least we can do at this point.
will25u

nortex97
AG
nortex97
AG
Trump has ticked up steadily each day since Sept 21, and is now +0.6 vs. where he was in the battleground states in 2016.
Barnyard96
AG
This is an article about the lack of enthusiasm and ground game in Michigan. Biden has gone all digital and it is costing them big time.

It is worth reading.

https://time.com/5889093/joe-biden-michigan-campaign/
will25u
will25u

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.