What gives you confidence for November?

149,162 Views | 1681 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tone2002
Barnyard96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haters will say its Russia.
texagbeliever
will25u said:

I remember from his podcast interview, it sounded like Trafalgar's big guy Robert Cathy thought that many of his polls overstated Biden support because based on other question answers he believed he could reasonable assume someone was lying when they said they voted Biden. Robert said he wouldn't adjust it in his poll, but that he knew it was there.
FIDO95
AG
This is likely the most accurate poll out there:

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/pennsylvania-bakery-cookie-sales-predicted-presidential-elections

Nobody lies to themselves about what cookie they shove down the pie hole.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
will25u
You don't spend so much time in a state you are up big in.

double b
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

Just going to leave this here (Facebook page stats)...

To be fair nobody under the age of 25 is on Facebook.
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

You don't spend so much time in a state you are up big in.

Not with his biggest star in Obama. Better use for Obama would be Florida, Georgia or Michigan, IMO.
will25u
I think this means Texas is safe red.

FTAG 2000
AG
TargetSmart data:

They've scored 234K of the 353K unaffiliated Florida ballots. Split came out 71% Republican, 29% Dem.

Nevada, the split is 78% GOP, Dem 22% of unaffiliated.

North Carolina, it's 61/39 GOP for unaffilliated.

Independents / unaffiliated are breaking heavily for Trump so far.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Definitely makes me shake in my boots

Barnyard96
AG
That is huge if it holds.

I was concerned about the unaffiliated vote because they substantially grew in registered numbers since 2016 in both NC and FL.
vette
AG
will25u said:

I think this means Texas is safe red.

Not that I thought Trump had a shot in VA or CO, but looks like Biden is pretty confident in those states if he's cancelling there as well.
ravingfans
AG
will25u said:

awesome! how does that translate to EC Calculus?
rgag12
AG
If those hold Trump would win.

Trump would need the following to win (I'm assuming OH and IA are safely Trump).

1. FL, PA, AZ, and NC
2. FL or PA, AZ, NC, and one rust belt
3. FL or PA, AZ or NC, and two rust belts

If that polling holds trump wins under #2
coolerguy12
AG
AG 2000' said:

TargetSmart data:

They've scored 234K of the 353K unaffiliated Florida ballots. Split came out 71% Republican, 29% Dem.

Nevada, the split is 78% GOP, Dem 22% of unaffiliated.

North Carolina, it's 61/39 GOP for unaffilliated.

Independents / unaffiliated are breaking heavily for Trump so far.

You got a link for this?
Barnyard96
AG
will25u
will25u
BigBrother
AG
will25u said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection
I'll post on Sunday, but I've done a lot of research on Libertrian and Indie voters from 2016. Heavily breaking for Trump. 88% approximately. That's almost 4 million votes if you use 2016 numbers.
will25u
Not really gives me confidence, just thought it was funny.

GA Democratic State Rep. crowd surfing at the GA Trump rally.

IDaggie06
AG
rgag12 said:

If those hold Trump would win.

Trump would need the following to win (I'm assuming OH and IA are safely Trump).

1. FL, PA, AZ, and NC
2. FL or PA, AZ, NC, and one rust belt
3. FL or PA, AZ or NC, and two rust belts

If that polling holds trump wins under #2
At this point, #2 is Trump's best chance of winning. I just don't see him pulling off PA. The early voting is horrendous for him and Philadelphia cheating will be to the extreme.

FL, AZ, NC, and Michigan are all very possible. NC scares me the most based on early voting. And early voting in 2020 is night and day difference from 2016 based on the turnout so far.
Bobaloo
Great thread! Thanks to everyone for the information.
Tanya 93
will25u said:

Not really gives me confidence, just thought it was funny.

GA Democratic State Rep. crowd surfing at the GA Trump rally.

They are forcing out that poor African American man!
He was just asking for directions!
will25u
Barnyard96
AG
fightingfarmer09
barnyard1996 said:

This would echo two things.

McSally needs to stop blaming them for everything.

And that is what we saw in the Beto/Cruz race.
titan
S
Stlkofta said:

will25u said:

Pence's obliteration of Harris had the greatest impact of any VPOTUS debate primarily because most Americans know Biden will not finish a first term.

She was on audition and she completely flunked it.

Did say that people blowing off the VP debate before it happened as not that important were way underestimating its importance of (1) vetting the real Democratic Presdent-to-be of that ticket, and (2) very off base to worry about her besting Pence, and that he would not get drawn into emotional off-sides.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BanderaAg956
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Definitely makes me shake in my boots

Trump had over 100 cars two (2) weeks ago in tiny Boerne, Texas car rally!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
aggiehawg
AG
The Biden campaign is hitting the panic button.

Quote:

The Biden campaign sent out a three-page memo to supporters Saturday warning that President Trump can still win and the race is "neck and neck" in certain critical battleground states, including Arizona and North Carolina.

Jen O'Malley Dillon, Joe Biden's campaign manager, cautioned supporters against complacency, pointing to uncertain polls and lessons learned from Trump's upset win in 2016.

"[T]he reality is that this race is far closer than some of the punditry we're seeing on Twitter and on TV would suggest," Dillon wrote in the memo obtained by Fox News.

Dillon cautioned that polling showing Biden ahead may not be accurate.
Quote:

Dillon's state-of-the-race memo outlined what's positive in the Biden campaign in the final days of the election, including Biden's financial advantage, nearly 3,500 staff working to organize in battleground states, and the "largest and best-resourced vote protection program in history."

She said while Biden's campaign has spent more than any presidential campaign in history on advertising, the advantages could be instantly wiped away if more billionaires write checks to pro-Trump super PACs.
Just now working to organize a ground game in the battleground states? A little late for that Toots.

Quote:

Over the next three weekends, the campaign needs to "double our capacity" on voter outreach in 17 battleground states and raise $234 million by Nov. 3, the memo said. If they exceed that amount, Biden can boost efforts in Texas, a traditionally red-leaning state that Democrats have been trying to flip for years.
Yeah, good luck with that.

Quote:

"We cannot become complacent because the very searing truth is that Donald Trump can still win this race," Dillion wrote, "and every indication we have shows that this thing is going to come down to the wire."
Translation: Our internals suck donkey balls.

LINK
Barnyard96
AG
This may go down as the worst run campaign in history.
Artorias
AG
barnyard1996 said:

Well, they have likely the worst ticket in history.

A senile milque-toast career politician that excites nobody.

And a VP with less charisma than Hilldawg who even voters her own race don't like.
aggiehawg
AG
barnyard1996 said:

Really does seem like they are trying to lose.

For instance, the biggest star they have Obama himself is only now going to make an appearance and it is in Pennsylvania? How many times has Joe been to Pennsylvania now? A dozen? Since August?
fightingfarmer09
aggiehawg said:

barnyard1996 said:

For instance, the biggest star they have Obama himself is only now going to make an appearance and it is in Pennsylvania? How many times has Joe been to Pennsylvania now? A dozen? Since August?

Here's a question. Everything he is doing is cheap. Yes ads are expensive, but no ground game and no major travel.

Can the DNC pocket the case for future races?

I know Biden can't personally benefit from it. But could this set up for a highly funded midterm?
aggiehawg
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

aggiehawg said:

barnyard1996 said:

Here's a question. Everything he is doing is cheap. Yes ads are expensive, but no ground game and no major travel.

Can the DNC pocket the case for future races?

I know Biden can't personally benefit from it. But could this set up for a highly funded midterm?
He can't personally benefit from after the election. But his family can receive campaign money as "staffers" and can continue to be paid for services rendered during the winding down period post election.

As to whether the DNC automatically takes control of the funds from the Biden campaign, that's kind of up to Biden. I do know the DNC was essentially broke after Obama's last run in 2012. How Hillary was able to be their benefactor and run the DNC essentially during 2016. She was the one paying the bills.

And the DNC started out in a hole before the 2018 midterms. Neither Obama nor Hillary were great fundraisers for the DNC. Wasserman Schultz sucked at it and Perez pretty much sucked at it until lately.

ETA: Biden can distribute funds to other candidate's campaigns for the midterms, as I understand it.
will25u

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.