*** TOP GUN: MAVERICK *** (Spoiler Thread)

191,886 Views | 1717 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Marauder Blue 6
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On my second viewing it was pretty crazy how little rooster and maverick interact before the mission. My dad lost it when they are trying to figure out what the Gen 5 pilots are doing with the hand gestures.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Editor's Note: We have now confirmed with Paramount Home Entertainment that Top Gun: Maverick on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, and Digital WILL indeed feature a variable aspect ratio presentation that shifts back and forth from 2.39 to 1.78 for the IMAX sequences.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Can someone tell me what "released on digital" means? Does that mean it'll be streaming on Paramount+? Or would I need to buy it like on Amazon and then stream it there?
TCTTS
AG
Available on all digital purchasing platforms *except* Paramount+, for now. So yeah, you can buy it on Amazon Prime Video, Apple, Google Play, Vudu, etc. Then, likely come November or so, it will be available on Paramount+ with a subscription.
maroon barchetta
I'm thinking of going to see it a third time this weekend.
DargelSkout
AG
Am I the only one that never realized the first Top Gun didn't name the enemy? I thought for sure they said Russians several times.
I was just a kid when it came out and everything was against the Russians back then, so guess it makes since that they didn't have to say it.
Decay
AG
I figured they were basically attacking a mixture of Iran and China. Obviously intentionally vague.
Gigem314
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I'm thinking of going to see it a third time this weekend.
Do it! I saw it for a forth time last weekend with my BIL who had yet to see it.

It's still such a fun ride, even knowing the plot at this point. The final act with Mav and Rooster still thrills and cracks me up every time.

I haven't seen a movie this many times in the theater since the original Jurassic Park when I was 10 years old.
MooreTrucker
AG
DargelSkout said:

Am I the only one that never realized the first Top Gun didn't name the enemy? I thought for sure they said Russians several times.
I was just a kid when it came out and everything was against the Russians back then, so guess it makes since that they didn't have to say it.
IIRC the enemy jets were MIGs so we just assumed Russia.
bthotugigem05
AG
I'm sad I missed the imax weekend last week, was on my way down under to Sydney, but I'm glad I'll be able to watch it on my phone soon instead of searching youtube for random Korean bootleggers to upload clips.
TCTTS
AG
texagco2003
AG
MooreTrucker said:

DargelSkout said:

IIRC the enemy jets were MIGs so we just assumed Russia.

Tensions were high…
Stive
AG
Has it jumped any other movies with its earnings?
The Collective
AG
Stive said:

Has it jumped any other movies with its earnings?

It is about $20 million short of #5 Black Panther, last time I checked. Avatar is 4 and probably out of reach.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Gonna take our another MCU movie
fig96
AG
Now out on digital.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Been waiting all summer for this.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Done!
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

just ordered...i can't even think how many years it has been since i purchased a movie on physical media
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Same, and watched like half of it last night before I had to go to bed (way too late)
Bunk Moreland
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

just ordered...i can't even think how many years it has been since i purchased a movie on physical media

Same...and this has a great chance of being the last one I ever purchase too.
TJaggie14
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

I'm sad I missed the imax weekend last week, was on my way down under to Sydney, but I'm glad I'll be able to watch it on my phone soon instead of searching youtube for random Korean bootleggers to upload clips.

Reminds me of this clip from David Lynch

TCTTS
AG
fig96 said:

TCTTS said:

Same, and watched like half of it last night before I had to go to bed (way too late)

Haha, same.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

So dumb question. Will this version play on a regular blu ray player? Im not hip on all what 4K means
Bunk Moreland
I think it will but won't be in 4k? May be wrong and it won't...but it for sure won't be 4k
Gigem314
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

So dumb question. Will this version play on a regular blu ray player? Im not hip on all what 4K means
The one in the Amazon link includes a 4K blu ray disc, a regular blu ray disc, and the digital code for streaming access. That's pretty standard nowadays. I only just recently upgraded to a 4K player but had bought the 4K packs like that for the last few years with new releases.

So yes, you'll get a regular blu ray for your regular blu ray player. Then when you upgrade one day, you'll have the 4K. The digital version will be in 4K as well.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Probably a dumb question, but I bought this on prime video and I thought it was supposed to come with bonus features. All I see is the movie. How do I access the bonus features or is that just the blu-ray version?
mnuge
AG
Here's my dumb question…

If I buy the physical media (which I am), if I do it today do I get the digital code
Or do I get when the discs come?
TCTTS
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Probably a dumb question, but I bought this on prime video and I thought it was supposed to come with bonus features. All I see is the movie. How do I access the bonus features or is that just the blu-ray version?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I've never purchased through Amazon, only Apple. And on the Apple version of the movie, when you click on it, it takes you to the movie's menu screen where it has a section labeled "EXTRAS."
YNWA_AG
AG
mnuge said:

Here's my dumb question…

If I buy the physical media (which I am), if I do it today do I get the digital code
digital code comes with the physical media
TCTTS
AG
mnuge said:

Here's my dumb question…

You don't get the digital code until the physical copy of the movie is released on November 1st. So you can either pay $20 now for the digital copy only, and then another $30 or so for the physical copy in November (which includes the 4K Blu-ray disc, the HD Blu-ray disc, and the digital code), or you can just wait until November 1st to own all three for $30.
fig96
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

If you go into X-ray mode there's sometimes a link for bonus content up top.

But generally speaking, yeah, iTunes movies handle this way better.
DallasTeleAg
The scene where the movie went from good to legendary. It definitely is amazing how much of this scene is lost when not experienced on a big screen with the engines of the F-18 rumbling the entire theatre.

Complete Idiot
DallasTeleAg said:

The scene where the movie went from good to legendary. It definitely is amazing how much of this scene is lost when not experienced on a big screen with the engines of the F-18 rumbling the entire theatre.

The movie was great, very entertaining and well done. However, things like the 8 straight reaction shots that start at the :12 second mark in the video above kinda make me laugh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.