*** TOP GUN: MAVERICK *** (Spoiler Thread)

189,405 Views | 1717 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Marauder Blue 6
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is Miles Teller having a moment? Just in this summer he's had this movie, The Offer, and Spiderhead.
uh, he also got punched by a pissed off wedding planner in hawaii
bthotugigem05
AG
I think TG:M was finished in 2019, they were just waiting for the pandemic to pass before putting it in theaters, explains why Teller is in so many movies at the same time.
The Porkchop Express
Miles Teller deserves the Congressional Medal of Freedom for continuing to have a career after being in that Fantastic Four train wreck.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
GreasenUSA
AG
Whiplash is in my top 5 favorite movies of the 2010s, so it's nice to see Miles Teller having commercial success.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jackie childs said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is Miles Teller having a moment? Just in this summer he's had this movie, The Offer, and Spiderhead.
Ezra Miller was impersonating a wedding planner?
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

jackie childs said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ezra Miller was impersonating a wedding planner?
bravo sir
TexAgs91
AG
Max Power said:

It's also nice that now the last movie I saw in a theater isn't Thor: Love and Thunder.
Good point. I'm going to have to see Maverick again at the theaters while I can. And definitely on IMAX
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
GolfAg93
S
Wanted to give this thread a little bump because I watched it by myself for the first time on Tuesday. I then read through this entire thread over the last couple of days.

What a film. Planning on taking my wife to see it over The weekend.

Does anyone know if it's still in IMAX anywhere in the Friendswood/League City area?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
So my wife was gifted a couple of movie tickets and decided it was time to go see Maverick. For whatever reason, they had to be redeemed in person, right before the showing. Pro-tip: the showings are still full, so we got stuck in the front row. It's amazing how bad front row tickets can be. I've never had to turn my head to be able to read the intro.

Oh well, she still had a blast, and I was really glad to see it again. Just such an epic movie.
jackie childs
Gol***93 said:

Wanted to give this thread a little bump because I watched it by myself for the first time on Tuesday. I then read through this entire thread over the last couple of days.

Does anyone know if it's still in IMAX anywhere in the Friendswood/League City area?

I don't think so…closest place that advertised IMAX was the AMC 30 at the beltway and they had already switched the IMAX screens to Thor as of last weekend
TXAG 05
AG
jackie childs said:

Gol***93 said:

I don't think so…closest place that advertised IMAX was the AMC 30 at the beltway and they had already switched the IMAX screens to Thor as of last weekend

Doesn't look like it's on imax anywhere in Houston. But it came out almost 2 months ago. It was out of imax for the most part after Jurassic Park came out.
GolfAg93
S
It wasn't in IMAX, but we just got back from my second viewing and my wife's maiden voyage. Still so good. I would legitimately go back and watch it again tomorrow.

The perfect action movie.
JCA1
AG
Made over $1,000,000 every day its been out at 59 days and counting. That's gotta be some kind of record, right?
The Porkchop Express
JCA1 said:

Made over $1,000,000 every day its been out at 59 days and counting. That's gotta be some kind of record, right?
Titanic went 101 straight days making at least $1 million.

Maverick's $3.293 million on Sunday was tthe 4th biggest 9th Sunday in history, trailing Avatar, Titanic, and Frozen.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
JCA1 said:

JCA1
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

JCA1 said:

Titanic went 101 straight days making at least $1 million.

Maverick's $3.293 million on Sunday was tthe 4th biggest 9th Sunday in history, trailing Avatar, Titanic, and Frozen.

Good to know! I was honestly curious.
bthotugigem05
AG
Really wish they'd do one more weekend in IMAX
Complete Idiot
Here is the massive check being handed off.

TCTTS
AG
That's creepy as hell.
Complete Idiot
TCTTS said:

That's creepy as hell.

Hokey story, but very well done movie, for what it is, and one that was hugely entertaining.

Appreciate Cruise's dedication to his craft and putting the best product out there for his fans.

But, when I know about his Scientology stuff and see he took a cut of movie proceeds - I know where a lot of our money is going. I just have to ignore it I guess.
The Porkchop Express
Taking my 74-year old dad to see maverick on Thursday. The only movie I've seen more than once in the theater outside of episodes 7-9 and solo in the last few years was beauty and the beast with the kids.
maroon barchetta
Complete Idiot said:

Here is the massive check being handed off.

Who is the guy that is shorter than Cruise?
TCTTS
AG
Dear Leader. David Miscavige. One of the creepiest human beings on the face of the earth, who very likely disappeared his own wife.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Dear Leader. David Miscavige. One of the creepiest human beings on the face of the earth, who very likely disappeared his own wife.
MooreTrucker
AG
Complete Idiot said:

But, when I know about his Scientology stuff and see he took a cut of movie proceeds - I know where a lot of our money is going. I just have to ignore it I guess.
Lots like that and worse that you're already ignoring or ignorant of.
double aught
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TCTTS said:

Check out the HBO doc Going Clear. These people are out there.
maroon barchetta
double aught said:

maroon barchetta said:

TCTTS said:

Check out the HBO doc Going Clear. These people are out there.

I still have a copy of Razor magazine somewhere that has a scathing article about a woman that died under the care of Scientology people on a retreat or something. It was awful.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't know the guy. Did a GIS and expect he will be in my nightmares tonight.
TCTTS
AG
Had dinner with my friend tonight and got some good news / "insider" exclusives…

- IMAX re-release coming in August.

- Digital purchase finally available mid-August.

- Paramount+ release in November.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Had dinner with my friend tonight and got some good news / "insider" exclusives…

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
TCTTS said:

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Are we going to see movies going to HBO less and less now?
terradactylexpress
I missed this in IMAX, will absolutely go see again if give the chance
bthotugigem05
AG
You have to. The sound in the IMAX theater is freaking incredible, not sure I've experienced anything that sounded like the engines firing up at the beginning of the third act.
caleblyn
Anybody see it in a 4DX theater? I have never been in a 4DX since none are near me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.