*** TOP GUN: MAVERICK *** (Spoiler Thread)

191,897 Views | 1717 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Marauder Blue 6
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, the comments are starting to repeat so I was wondering who holds a candle to the fabulous Jennifer Connolly?

+/- 5 years maybe?

I'm thinking Kate Beckensale.

JC or KB? Who ya got?
Sea Speed
AG
Jennifer connelly all the way all day.
wangus12
AG
Love KB, but I'd take Jennifer Connelly every time
DallasTeleAg
I mean... I think the winner is Halle Berry. I sometimes think she even looks better than she did when she was younger.
aTmAg
AG
You guys are smoking crack. KB is probably the hottest woman her age on the planet. The only reason JC is a better choice for this movie is because KB beauty would so unrealistic that it'd be a distraction.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Funny cause I think KB is incredibly overrated and nowhere near the same league as JC.
schmendeler
AG
Ok, I'll take one for the team to end this debate. Both ladies can reach out to me and I'll do an evaluation and report back.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Funny cause I think KB is incredibly overrated and nowhere near the same league as JC.
Well, clearly you are objectively wrong.
double aught
AG
If you guys are interested in additional attractive older females, you need look no further than Liz Hurley's instagram.
bagger05
AG
aTmAg said:

bagger05 said:

Schall 02 said:

What is the name of the music/tune/song/whatever that opens the movie before Danger Zone? It's like a bell ringing occasionally and it's so badass.

The one from the intro doesn't go into the guitar part. That version isn't on the soundtrack.
Yeah, here is the original intro. I think one of the best movie intros of all time. Better than this one, IMO.

If that doesn't make at least a tiny part of you want to be a fighter pilot (a naval aviator) then check your pulse.
lazuras_dc
AG
I know it was 15 years ago but KB in Click is a top 10 all time.

They didnt do JC any favors with those mom jeans in TGM
schmendeler
AG
Mom jeans are back bro
lazuras_dc
AG
double aught said:

If you guys are interested in additional attractive older females, you need look no further than Liz Hurley's instagram.
wangus12
AG
She still looked hot as hell in those jeans. 12/10 would be her kids step dad
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Southlake said:

So, the comments are starting to repeat so I was wondering who holds a candle to the fabulous Jennifer Connolly?

+/- 5 years maybe?

JC or KB? Who ya got?

Why not both?
#FJB
maroon barchetta
schmendeler said:

Ok, I'll take one for the team to end this debate. Both ladies can reach out to me and I'll do an evaluation and report back.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and there are very few of us left.
maroon barchetta
Southlake said:

+/- 5 years maybe?

JC or KB? Who ya got?

Aniston?
schmendeler
AG
It ain't much but it's honest work.
lazuras_dc
AG

JC can keep the mom Jeans
cav14
TCTTS said:

country said:

I haven't seen it discussed, but I read today that Val Kilmer worked with an artificial intelligence company to recreate his voice. Supposedly they take hours of old recordings and have now created a program that Val can input parameters into and the computer speaks the words in his voice with the tone, volume, emphasis, etc. that's supposedly how he spoke in the scene. Pretty dang cool.

That was done for the recent Val Kilmer documentary, but my friend who worked on TG:M told me he's pretty sure they used screenwriter Chris McQuarrie's voice for the Iceman scene. That said, he could be wrong, and they could have *also* used the A.I. thing here, but I do know that the A.I. was specifically developed/used for the doc.
Both can be correct. Chris McQuarrie's could have actually spoken the words and AI could have used that audio to change it to Val's voice model data. Corridor Crew explain and demonstrate it very well here:

LMCane
Southlake said:

+/- 5 years maybe?

JC or KB? Who ya got?

I win

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
JLO is a half sandwich away from fat and always has been.
TexasAggie_02
AG
lazuras_dc said:

That movie p*ssed me off so much. He fast forwarded through sleeping with her. I would have gone normal, hit pause, take a nap, rewind and start over. But then the movie wouldn't be dramatic, i know.
bangobango
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm assuming that's not the first time Rooster has played/sung that song, in a bar, with that crew. Goose obviously played it for him, Rooster has likely been singing it ever since, as a way to remember/honor his dad, and I'm guessing it then became a "thing" when they were all in Top Gun together, before the "reunion"/mission in the movie. So they all probably know the words that way.
I loved that scene and didn't have any problem with it, but if we're going to nitpick it, then weren't they all different classes of Top Gun academy? I was under the impression that they all finished top of their class and were therefore, the best of the best, or something like that.
Squadron7
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

lazuras_dc said:

That movie p*ssed me off so much. He fast forwarded through sleeping with her. I would have gone normal, hit pause, take a nap, rewind and start over. But then the movie wouldn't be dramatic, i know.

Wait a couple of months and there will be a Deep Fake you can add to your vast collection.
TCTTS
AG
I got the impression that some of them were in the same class, or at least knew each other better than others.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah, similar impression. I think some (Phoenix, Rooster, Hangman) were in the same class but some others were part of a different class but there was some crossover knowledge of each other by a couple of them.
lazuras_dc
AG
h1ag
AG
The jet pilot community isnt the largest in the Navy, and there's a long training pipeline at just a handful of sites. Maybe they didn't line up with each other at Top Gun, but all roads lead through Pensacola and it wouldn't surprise me that they knew or at least knew of each other.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah completely agree. It was clear a few of them were unfamiliar with others but they got the quick introduction/connection by the ones who did know most or all of them.
JB!98
AG
h1ag said:

The jet pilot community isnt the largest in the Navy, and there's a long training pipeline at just a handful of sites. Maybe they didn't line up with each other at Top Gun, but all roads lead through Pensacola and it wouldn't surprise me that they knew or at least knew of each other.
It is a small community and a lot of reputations are built and spread in that small community.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
maroon barchetta
Somebody mention Pensacola?

Good Lord this show was bad.

bangobango
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agreed. I'd put JC, Hurley, and Selma Hayeck all above her easily. Need a little more curves than what KB brings to the table.
Dro07
AG
JC does not have the curves either. She is gorgeous but let's not get carried away here
bangobango
AG
Dro07 said:

JC does not have the curves either. She is gorgeous but let's not get carried away here
Well, she used to, so the potential is there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.