*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,841 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I spent the better part of yesterday evening watching this videos from Season 1, Episode 1 to midway through the second season. I don't have all of the Clone Wars and Rebels knowledge, so it was cool to see the reactions of super fans. If you are into that kind of thing, you might enjoy this. It is also a good recap of all that happened in both seasons.
ETA: Language warning

fig96
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Damn
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
gougler08
AG
Sucks, but not unexpected
C@LAg
****ing ridiculous.

that kills my enthusiasm for future mando spinoffs.
AgfromHOU
AG
At first I thought she was fired for being a Trump supporter, which would be ridiculous. I'm saying that as someone who is very anti-Trump.

Comparing Republicans of today to Jews during the Holocaust is pretty bad.
Farmer1906
AG
If there we no plans for the character because of the storylines then fine. But they set her up with season two's plot. This is politically motivated. Complete BS!
Malachi Constant
AG
Why?
Saxsoon
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Why?
Comparing conservatives with Jews during the holocaust
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
bluefire579
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Why?
Presumably because of this: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/gina-carano-mandalorian-controversy-twitter-1234905140/
TCTTS
AG
If you have political issues with this, that's one thing. But if your enthusiasm is killed simply because she'll no longer be involved, I don't know what to tell you. IMO, she's always been a terrible actress, since we first saw her in Haywire back in 2011, and I cringed nearly every time she showed up in Mando. Creatively, I could not care less if she isn't in future seasons.
Farmer1906
AG
This is the controversy.
sburg2007
As a Jew and conservative, it's pretty pathetic this got her fired. However, I'm not shocked by today's world. That said, as TC stated, she is a horrendous actress.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

If you have political issues with this, that's one thing. But if your enthusiasm is killed simply because she'll no longer be involved, I don't know what to tell you. IMO, she's always been a terrible actress, since we first saw her in Haywire back in 2011, and I cringed nearly every time she showed up in Mando. Creatively, I could not care less if she isn't in future seasons.
pretty crass to be calling out my specific limited statement. I kept it brief, concise and non-political, but you had to go there.

it would be one thing if I had gone on any sort of rant, but the rest of your comment.. hell the entire comment, was pretty unnecessary.
Farmer1906
AG
I'd say this is about equally offensive. Probably more.

Should Pedro be fired?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgfromHOU said:

At first I thought she was fired for being a Trump supporter, which would be ridiculous. I'm saying that as someone who is very anti-Trump.

Ok well let's be accurate then you can be outraged.

She didn't compare Conservatives to Jews DURING the holocaust.

She compared the treatment of Jews in the early days of the rise of Nationalism and how Jews were made out to be the enemy and then beaten sometimes by their neighbors simply for being Jewish.

She made the comparison that it was not much different than being beaten for your political beliefs.

She said that getting to the point where the Nazis could easily round them up was preceded by the government making them the target of hatred.

I see nothing in her statement that says Conservatives now are experiencing anything akin to the holocaust. the warning is that it could go that way.

Now if you are still outraged fine.

But consider the circumstances in comparison:

The Nazis took control by censoring opposing voices, controlling the media, confiscating weapons from private citizens, and identifying and labeling a common enemy for the masses to direct their hate toward - the Jews. Then they used that narrative to identify and literally label them as they forced them out of jobs, took their wealth and sent them for re-education. And worse.

Which political party controls the media???
Which one wants to confiscate our guns?
Which one is labeling a common group to hate?
Which one is censoring opinions?
Which one wants those in that group identified, ostracized, fired from jobs and re-educated?

Libs have bought into that party and the media's narrative so hook line and sinker that they think that patriots and conservatives are the perpetrator of everything wrong. It's not a long road from where we are. Here comparison was valid.

rangerdanger
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Why?

Impacting the House of Mouse's bottom line. That's the real answer.
AgfromHOU
AG
Outrage is quite a strong word to get from my comment, and just because I said I'm Anti-Trump doesn't make me a "lib". Not everything is one way or the other.

I do find it funny that both sides of the political aisle call each other nazis, or bring up how Hitler rose to power when talking about the other side.

And LOL at saying conservatives are patriots. They aren't the perpetrators of everything wrong, but that is as idiotic as her Instagram story share.
AgfromHOU
AG
Holy ***** I am not celebrating her losing her job, but found this tweet funny.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wrong forum.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

pretty crass to be calling out my specific limited statement. I kept it brief, concise and non-political, but you had to go there.

it would be one thing if I had gone on any sort of rant, but the rest of your comment.. hell the entire comment, was pretty unnecessary.

Crass? To say she's a bad actress? Also, I have no idea where "there" is, or what you're referring to. To clarify, my post was far more directed at her than it was you. I didn't mean to "call you out." It was more my genuine curiosity as to whether you thought she added to the show creatively or not, and me explaining why I didn't think she did. I don't understand what's so offensive or controversial about that, to anyone who's not Gina Carano.
Ornithopter
AG
I think people are upset with why she was fired, not strictly that she was fired.

And she is not a good actress. But... It's hard for them to fire her for this when Pedro has that post above.
TCTTS
AG
I totally get that. Just the way he worded his post, though, it sounded like he might be irked by her absence from the show creatively. That's all I was speaking to. I was literally doing my best to leave politics out of it, so I was surprised by his response.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wrong forum.

I didn't bring it up.
redline248
AG
Doesn't firing her kind of prove her point?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgfromHOU said:

1. Outrage is quite a strong word to get from my comment, and just because I said I'm Anti-Trump doesn't make me a "lib". Not everything is one way or the other.

2. I do find it funny that both sides of the political aisle call each other nazis, or bring up how Hitler rose to power when talking about the other side.

3. And LOL at saying conservatives are patriots. They aren't the perpetrators of everything wrong, but that is as idiotic as her Instagram story share.

^reference

1. Fair enough. Some were certainly outraged though. That's why it went viral people started pressuring Dinsey about it. As for the Libs part.... I didn't say you were a Lib btw....I said Libs speaking in general.

2. I find that funny too.... there is no way it could be attributed to those who aren't following the fascist playbook.

3. I never said conservatives are patriots. I said "they think that patriots and conservatives are the perpetrator of everything wrong". Patriots AND conservatives....two separate groups implying people who would say they are patriots and people who would say they are conservatives. Not that they are the same. Unfortunately being patriotic and being conservative (and even being racist) is lumped together now. I mean you just did it - not me.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Saw a very tiny handful of miserable nobodies on twitter earlier today around 2 pm trying to get #FireGinaCarano trending and tagging Disney and Lucasfilm.

I hope these born losers have now found some sense of fulfillment in their pathetic existences.
redline248
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Saw a very tiny handful of miserable nobodies on twitter earlier today around 2 pm trying to get #FireGinaCarano trending and tagging Disney and Lucasfilm.

I hope these born losers have now found some sense of fulfillment in their pathetic existences.
They haven't. They'll all be onto some other crusade tomorrow
twilly
AG
They've been trying for months to cancel her. While I don't agree, she gave them a bullet and the twitter mobs fired the gun.

What's ironic is the picture she chose. That's not a jew. It's a nazi sympathizer from occupied Holland. She slept with the Nazis and after being repatriated, the Dutch partisans went after women like her with a vengeance.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Carlo4
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Should Pedro be fired?

Depends whether or not he wishes for it
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Should Pedro be fired?

Wow.

So, calling Trump voters (i.e. me) Nazis gets a pass from society?

We are definitely in a pretty f-ed up world with this new administration. I think we are finding out who the real fascists are....
benMath08
AG
Politics aside, I don't see how anyone can think Gina Carano is a good actress.
XXXVII
Zombie Jon Snow said:

AgfromHOU said:

Ok well let's be accurate then you can be outraged.

She didn't compare Conservatives to Jews DURING the holocaust.

She compared the treatment of Jews in the early days of the rise of Nationalism and how Jews were made out to be the enemy and then beaten sometimes by their neighbors simply for being Jewish.

She made the comparison that it was not much different than being beaten for your political beliefs.

She said that getting to the point where the Nazis could easily round them up was preceded by the government making them the target of hatred.

I see nothing in her statement that says Conservatives now are experiencing anything akin to the holocaust. the warning is that it could go that way.

Now if you are still outraged fine.

But consider the circumstances in comparison:

The Nazis took control by censoring opposing voices, controlling the media, confiscating weapons from private citizens, and identifying and labeling a common enemy for the masses to direct their hate toward - the Jews. Then they used that narrative to identify and literally label them as they forced them out of jobs, took their wealth and sent them for re-education. And worse.

Which political party controls the media???
Which one wants to confiscate our guns?
Which one is labeling a common group to hate?
Which one is censoring opinions?
Which one wants those in that group identified, ostracized, fired from jobs and re-educated?

Libs have bought into that party and the media's narrative so hook line and sinker that they think that patriots and conservatives are the perpetrator of everything wrong. It's not a long road from where we are. Here comparison was valid.

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
cc10106
Fanning the flames of the Jewish genocide to make a false equivalency, and you work for...

Brilliant, Gina.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.