*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

283,616 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm all for recasting him as well. However I can't tell you how awesome it is that they pulled of the surprise.

For that reason, I'm good with CGI for this scene/ moment.

Ashoka/ Dawson leaked. A Luke/ Stan leak would have been devastating.

Now that he "exists" in Mando, I'm all for re-casting with Stan for any extended scenes.
Saxsoon
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Farmer1906 said:

I am not a big fan of recasting such an iconic role, but it's just obvious.

Only use him for cameos in big moments. He's already making Disney+ content too.

Screw that. Would love to see Luke and Ahsoka take down Thrawn. Make Sebastian, Luke and just tell people to get over it. The only opinion I'm concerned about is Mark Hamill's, and I think he would be over the moon to see Luke more, even if he wasn't playing him.

Here's the same picture but with a shop of Stan.

Edit to add I'm reading Heir to The Empire for the first time, and I think it would be great if they reshuffled the story around where Ahsoka plays Mara Jades role in the story, and then you could even tie in Thrawn's disappearance in Rebels as to why he wasn't around in Ep 4-6. And then that is the plot of the Ahsoka show, with each book being a season.

Hamill has already given Stan his blessing, says he is an incredible actor
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Yes. In that big Disney announcement Kennedy said "Christmas 2021" for Mando season three.

See, I take that to mean what we THOUGHT was Mando S3 at the time, but is actually Boba. (A bit of a fib by KK.)
Saxsoon
AG
Never heard of fandomwire (already hesitant on the name) but some Disney sites like InsidetheMagic are running it too. Saying that a Luke show is in development and would go Stan for it. Like I said massive grain of salt but yeah
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

With Rodriguez producing, looking forward to the QT episode of Boba Fett.

Boba: "Did you see a sign on the side of my palace that says Dead Sandie Storage?"

"Sandie" being the racist / derogatory form of sand people, of course.
I think sand people already is the racist/derogatory form
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Yes. In that big Disney announcement Kennedy said "Christmas 2021" for Mando season three.
See, I take that to mean what we THOUGHT was Mando S3 at the time, but is actually Boba. (A bit of a fib by KK.)
I think that's a very possible/probable take on her comment.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

But we know they're both filming at the same time. So why would they lie and say Mando S3 is Christmas when it's really, at the very latest, Jan or Feb '22? Why not just say that right then and there?
fig96
AG
It's probably not disingenuous to think of Boba as technically the next chapter of Mando.
PatAg
AG
CoachRTM said:

I'm all for recasting him as well. However I can't tell you how awesome it is that they pulled of the surprise.

For that reason, I'm good with CGI for this scene/ moment.

Ashoka/ Dawson leaked. A Luke/ Stan leak would have been devastating.

Now that he "exists" in Mando, I'm all for re-casting with Stan for any extended scenes.
This is definitely how I feel about it. I think Sebastian Stan is definitely a talented enough actor to portray Luke in this era. Someone looking to continue to forge his path as a Jedi, almost certainly not sure what is/isn't allowed, still remnants of the empire to track down as well as various criminal orgs.
Saxsoon
AG
Here is the link about the supposed Luke show

https://fandomwire.com/luke-skywalker-series-in-development-at-disney-exclusive/

Don't know if TC has thoughts on if this is reputable but I already have doubts based on the name alone
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I get that, but we know for a fact that *both* are filming separately and basically simultaneously, with Mando S3 filming kicking off any day now, a month after Boba began (or begins) filming. So I don't understand why they would officially announce Mando S3 as "Christmas 2021," then, a week later, announce Boba as "December 2021," but then be like, "Sike, just kidding about Mando's release date." Knowing all that we know, I'm taking their two official announcements at face value. Boba may very well premiere early December, run only, say, four episodes, and lead right into Mando S3 at Christmas. Or, they actually could premier simultaneously and interweave. I definitely agree that it seems like a weird strategy, but we have two very official announcements to go by.
TCTTS
AG
I'm not saying a Luke Skywalker series isn't in development - it very well may be, with Sebastian Stan, no less - but yeah, "Fandom Wire" (which I've literally never heard of) won't be the one to break that story.
bobinator
AG
Pass on a Luke Skywalker series for me. Not literally pass, I'll watch it if they make it and give it a chance, but I'd rather them not.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah I didn't even bother until I saw a well known Disney site was running it (but once again only linking back to them)
TCTTS
AG
So, apologies. Because they *did* trick us. Literally. Boba will be December '21, and then it sounds like Mando S3 will be "pretty soon following that," perhaps spring '22? Favreau clarified this morning and explained the trickery...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a different (and much better) deepfake than previously posted.

Hagen95
AG
A few days into the offseason and we're bogged down in CGI discussions. Go ahead and lock this thread down.
TCTTS
AG
Isn't that exactly what the off-season is for?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bobinator said:

Pass on a Luke Skywalker series for me. Not literally pass, I'll watch it if they make it and give it a chance, but I'd rather them not.
If they do a Luke series it should be animated.
If only they knew someone to play Luke who is decent at doing cartoon voice-overs.

Sebastian Stan should double up and play both roles in a crossover called The Falcon and the WInter Soldier, and also Luke Skywalker.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

still doesn't look right to me
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

So, apologies. Because they *did* trick us. Literally. Boba will be December '21, and then it sounds like Mando S3 will be "pretty soon following that," perhaps spring '22? Favreau clarified this morning, and explained the trickery...

So here is what he says. Currently in production on Boba Fett, and in pre-production on Mandalorian. When Boba Fett airs they go into production on Mandalorian.

I wonder if he meant when they finish production on Boba Fett, they go into production on Mandalorian?
TCTTS
AG
I think it's the latter for sure.
Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I can't tell much of a difference.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

it's not better fake it's just a different fake. a little shinier or more vibrant coloring to him but not real.

Rudyjax
AG
At a certain point because of time and budget, you have to say, it's done. I guarantee the people that did it think it could be better but there wasn't time nor the money to do it.
redline248
AG
Pretty solid "user name checks out" on this one
The Debt
Quote:

it's not better fake it's just a different fake. a little shinier or more vibrant coloring to him but not real.

Shame on Disney for not using the Time Stone to retrieve a 30yo Mark Hamill. Perhaps they were preoccupied using the Space Stone to distance Star Wars from Kathleen Kennedy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I'm the one who defended the use of CGI... not complaining about it just saying these DEEPFAKE ones aren't really better.
Brad 98
AG
Are we looking a new Stars TV show after Dec 2021 to start every month? .
AliasMan02
AG
bobinator said:

I'd love to see something done well, but the new non-movie canon stuff with Luke has consistently been the worst of that material. He's tough to write for because the fans and even Hamill are so dedicated to only one possible vision for the character.

It sucks because the best non-movie stuff we've ever seen from Luke was Dark Empire when he turned to the Dark Side. Even very consistent and on-theme twists like we saw in TLJ are endlessly hated now, though.

A show about Luke would have to be about his demons to some extent. Doubt and weakness and failure. Not sure fanboys would let that stand.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Brad 98 said:

I'd imagine the Disney+ free year(s) will be running out and they're banking on the franchise that's generated interest.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I'm the one who defended the use of CGI... not complaining about it just saying these DEEPFAKE ones aren't really better.
Exactly.
fig96
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Exactly, we're just into artistic choices here.

And they interestingly aren't talking about how it was done yet, which makes me really intrigued. I'm betting it might be fully digital, in which case it's probably some of the best work like that we've seen.

If you weren't comparing it to the real Mark Hamill I wonder how many folks would've even noticed that it wasn't an actor.
TCTTS
AG
Brad 98 said:

My guess is they rotate between releasing Star Wars and Marvel series every couple of months. They could conceivably release three series of each, every year, without overlapping. Eight episodes per season, three seasons of each franchise (six total seasons) = 48 weeks of content per year. That said, I'll be curious to see if the release windows of the two franchises ever do overlap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.