*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,873 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thus far he is a pretty cheesy and cliche villain type.

The fact of the matter is this show has a ton of generic cheesy crap in it, lacks depth, and has meh storytelling.

.... but I love it. New trilogy tried to go too big and crazy and it was horrific. This keeps it simple and gives us massive entertainment value.

PatAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Do y'all skip the "previously on..."?
always
lurker76
PatAg said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

always
Last year we skipped it every episode. My wife asked me to not skip it this year and have since realized how relevant it is to the upcoming episode. Now we even watch it on our re-watch during the week.
jbryan10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did anyone catch that Bill Burr's character was actually in Season 1?

Yes. Wait... did you not!?
redline248
AG
jbryan10 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fairly certain BES was being sarcastic
Malachi Constant
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Good lord.

I'm making fun of the fact that some of y'all didn't catch the callback to Gideon's speech. Really guys.
aggieman00
I Have Spoken said:

I enjoy the differences in the speech. Gideon reduces the child by using the pronoun "it". Mando refers to Grogu as "he". It is little things like this that I like about this show.
I prefer Gideon's speech. It's not Mando's job to assume Grogu's gender. Grogu isn't old enough to tell us his preferred pronouns... /s
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean to tell me Grace Randolph is full of s*!t?

Can't wait to see what bull**** she comes up with to deflect.
double aught
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

LOL at how she pretty much just ignores his answer and goes straight to "I just love baby Yoda!"
Capitol Ag
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Oh hell yeah. Always skip that ***** So glad somebody posted that tweet though. It. Was. Awesome.
The reason one should watch the "Previously on" scenes is that, especially in multiple season shows like GOT for instance, they show scenes from sometimes a few seasons before most of us won't remember tipping us off that the character or situation will play an important part of this episode. To me, personally, it adds so much to my viewing of the episode to realize that. Otherwise, I very well could miss the implications of a particular moment of character arc in the show. I never skip it...
Fat Bib Fortuna
jbryan10 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do you guys know how to post videos to Facebook?
Saxsoon
AG
Previously on is pretty much a road map to callbacks that will happen in the episode. It is really silly to skip them
Decay
AG
Beat40 said:

YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Also, Grace Randolph is saying they are looking to kill off Din and make Boba the new star. If that happens, **** Disney and I'm out. I hope she's full of crap.

Also, Israeli Ag is saying they are looking to kill off Miff Gideon and make Thrawn the new villain. If that happens, damn you Disney you son of a *****, I'm in. I hope he isn't full of crap.

Hahaha

Yes, that would be awesome.
Totally on board with this. Not a huge fan of Moff Gideon's character. I can't take him seriously for some reason. It seems like the scenes with him are a step down in production value.

But the music that plays in his scenes is freaking awesome. The bass kind of hip hop vibe. I love it.
Ludwig Goransson is a badass. He did the Black Panther sountrack (the movie soundtrack parts obv) and the Tenet soundtrack. He mixes in hip hop, 80's synth sounds, orchestra, rock, on and on, to make great music.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite new composers. His TENET score was nails.

Plus...he produced Redbone by Childish Gambino, and that is a jam.
Malachi Constant
AG
Saxsoon said:

Previously on is pretty much a road map to callbacks that will happen in the episode. It is really silly to skip them
Not to mention it's only about 90 seconds long. Hell, the show itself only lasts 30 minutes, so everyone should just take as much mandalorian as they can get!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite new composers. His TENET score was nails.

I think he has produced most of his music. They met working on Community together.
Decay
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think he has produced most of his music. They met working on Community together.
What'd he do on Community? I don't even remember a soundtrack if I'm being honest.
ChipFTAC01
AG
He played the Human Being.
jeffk
AG
Here's a good short read on Goransson and his partnerships with Coogler and Glover: https://www.npr.org/2019/02/23/697124438/how-ludwig-g-ransson-helped-orchestrate-americas-conversation-on-race-in-2018
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Decay said:

Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What'd he do on Community? I don't even remember a soundtrack if I'm being honest.

He was doing a few sitcom soundtracks back then. Another one I've seen his name in is New Girl.
CrottyKid
AG
I thought I saw rumors that pascal was not content and that he was threatening to hold out. Maybe that is where the rumors originated that he was going to get killed off.
YouBet
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Oh hell yeah. Always skip that ***** So glad somebody posted that tweet though. It. Was. Awesome.
The reason one should watch the "Previously on" scenes is that, especially in multiple season shows like GOT for instance, they show scenes from sometimes a few seasons before most of us won't remember tipping us off that the character or situation will play an important part of this episode. To me, personally, it adds so much to my viewing of the episode to realize that. Otherwise, I very well could miss the implications of a particular moment of character arc in the show. I never skip it...
I can barely remember what happened in last week's episode much less last season. We always watch the Previously On segments for any show that offers them. I don't understand why you wouldn't.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YouBet said:

Capitol Ag said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

I can barely remember what happened in last week's episode much less last season. We always watch the Previously On segments for any show that offers them. I don't understand why you wouldn't.

Well..... I did watch them on GOT, the Americans and BB and BCS for example because there was often callbacks to things long ago which helped as a refresher. But there are many shows I don't.....

a. if you are binging and not waiting week to week you don't really need it if you just watched the previous episode

b. shows that are more self contained to a season tend to be more fresh in my mind for me. Like Fargo for example or Jack Ryan or something.

Just depends on the show.
TexAg2001
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Ah, the "Human Being".....great memory...I literally LOL'd and spit my drink all over the room when the Human Being was introduced.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TexAg2001 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ah, the "Human Being".....great memory...I literally LOL'd and spit my drink all over the room when the Human Being was introduced.

TCTTS
AG

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a34990075/the-mandalorian-mace-windu-survive-alive-return-star-wars/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mentioned this to a buddy of mine. My guess for who rescued Grogu from the Jedi Temple is Mace Windu, or a renegade clone who's chip didn't work during Order 66.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mentioned this to a buddy of mine. My guess for who rescued Grogu from the Jedi Temple is Mace Windu, or a renegade clone who's chip didn't work during Order 66.

I really hope it isn't a Jedi from the PT if it isn't Ashoka Luke or Leia. I don't want to see them have to explain away why multiple Jedi aren't around in the ST.

The Renegade clone idea isn't bad though. And with the Bad Batch coming out, maybe we get a tie in to that?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian, I'm not near the SW fan you are (who is, really?), so please explain how Mace could survive what happened to him by Palpatine and then go save Grogu and THEN stay hidden all these years and not do anything noteworthy until now?

THE DUDE DIED!!!.....right???
MandoArms
This is the way.
IG: mando_arms
powerbelly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I dont think the established canon timeline would allow for that
Ag Since 83
AG
Windu has to stay dead otherwise nothing in Star Wars can feel like it has any stakes again. Why do people keep thinking crap like this is a good idea?
C@LAg
mazag08
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Windu has to stay dead otherwise nothing in Star Wars can feel like it has any stakes again. Why do people keep thinking crap like this is a good idea?

This.

And that goes for every franchise. When you kill a character off, stick to it. It makes the stakes higher and the emotional investment heavier. It's lazy and uninspired to bring back dead characters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.