*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,596 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just finished that episode. Man, so much to like!

The juggernaught chase scene was legitimately awesome. Very fast and furious. Haha.

I love the way they pushed Mando and his beliefs or lifestyle. The episode was called The Believer. So interesting. It was fun to watch Mando wrestle with taking the helmet off and then interacting with others with it off.

The sharp shooting was fantastic.

I loved the leap by both guys into Slave 1.

I don't know why, but I love Mando calling Boba Fett "Fett"

I didn't know Bill Burr had the acting chops. I wish he'd have stayed with the team.

Lastly, next episode Mando is gonna F some stuff up!
CoachRTM
AG
Boba Fett :

"Let's just say they'll recognize my face"
TXTransplant
TCTTS said:

INCREDIBLE episode!

Freedom vs Order!

That *one* line better-summarized the entire thematic struggle of this franchise better than ANY of the three trilogies before it, even the OT. I seriously got chills during that sinister little soliloquy, to the point where I couldn't believe that particular, all-encompassing theme has never been expressed so eloquently and so effectively to make that exact point.

Heck, forget the franchise, that line describes REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW.

When was this episode made?
texasaggie04
AG
TXTransplant said:

TCTTS said:

INCREDIBLE episode!

Freedom vs Order!

That *one* line better-summarized the entire thematic struggle of this franchise better than ANY of the three trilogies before it, even the OT. I seriously got chills during that sinister little soliloquy, to the point where I couldn't believe that particular, all-encompassing theme has never been expressed so eloquently and so effectively to make that exact point.

Heck, forget the franchise, that line describes REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW.

When was this episode made?

I believe it was made a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
twilly
AG
For those discussing it, season 2 finished filming in early March, and the script would have been finished way before that. References to masks have nothing to do with what's happening in society these days.
AgfromHOU
AG
Unpopular opinion: Rogue One and Mandalorian are better than any of the trilogies.

This show is just incredible and made by incredibly talented people.
YouBet
AG
TXTransplant said:

I really enjoyed that episode...especially the theme of redemption at the end when Mayfeld blew up the refinery. I wish he'd stayed with the group though. I was disappointed when they left him behind.

I also think Pedro Pascal did a great job of conveying how uncomfortable and vulnerable Mando feels without his armor and helmet.

Pascal is doing a great job in this role, but I still can't help but think that his physical appearance is not what I expected when I first started watching. I think it's the voice, though. In my head his face just doesn't match the voice, even though I know it's altered by the armor and helmet.
My wife said the same thing and I've thought this since the beginning. I've always kind of assumed it actually wasn't his voice they were using because it flat out doesn't match in my head.
Duncan Idaho
AgfromHOU said:

Unpopular opinion: Rogue One and Mandalorian are better than any of the trilogies.

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. It might be a minority opinion but no one is going to look at you like you are insane or if you had just said the PT was the best.
jokershady
AG
So I just watched for the second time this morning....and damn it holds up!!!

The conversation in the kantina got even better watching it again....on the second round I turned on subtitles to make sure I caught everything....I had missed the part where the officer had commented about the Rydonium being used to wreck more havoc than Operation Cinder and damn that's where we see the change in Burrs character and the second time around it really got to me. So damn awesome!!!!

I really hope he gets brought back in the 3rd season because there's no SO MUCH potential with his character arch being a former trooper (something they SHOULDVE done with Finn)
TXTransplant
He just looks too nice! And the fact that under the helmet is just an ordinary looking person - no scars or makeup or prosthetics to make him look more intimidating.

Just the armor and the voice.
YouBet
AG
TXTransplant said:

He just looks too nice! And the fact that under the helmet is just an ordinary looking person - no scars or makeup or prosthetics to make him look more intimidating.

Also wife: "Man, he's good looking."

I wonder if we are going to get any backstory on Mando being an Imperial since he was able to clear that facial scanner.
israeliag
AG
Haven't read through everyone's responses, but what a great episode. Bill Burr crushed it like he did in King of Staten Island. Dude can bring some depth. So next Disney shareholder meeting we'll get an announcement of Star Wars: Mayfield, right?

For all the love we've given Favreau, I gotta say that I don't think he should continue penning the majority of the scripts. If there's one weakness to this show it's the script (his stories and showrunning are superb though!). Not that his scripts are bad, but this script by Famuyiwa was superb.

And holy **** - Operation Cinder! I played through that and did NOT expect to hear that. ******* if we end up getting an Iden Verso cameo.
israeliag
AG
YouBet said:

TXTransplant said:

I wonder if we are going to get any backstory on Mando being an Imperial since he was able to clear that facial scanner.

I think he cleared it because he wasn't a Rebel or had any history with the Empire, not because he was an Imp.
YouBet
AG
israeliag said:

YouBet said:

TXTransplant said:

I think he cleared it because he wasn't a Rebel or had any history with the Empire, not because he was an Imp.

So anyone that wasn't a rebel or wronged the empire can waltz in there and use it?
YouBet
AG
israeliag said:

Haven't read through everyone's responses, but what a great episode. Bill Burr crushed it like he did in King of Staten Island. Dude can bring some depth. So next Disney shareholder meeting we'll get an announcement of Star Wars: Mayfield, right?

For all the love we've given Favreau, I gotta say that I don't think he should continue penning the majority of the scripts. If there's one weakness to this show it's the script (his stories and showrunning are superb though!). Not that his scripts are bad, but this script by Famuyiwa was superb.

And holy **** - Operation Cinder! I played through that and did NOT expect to hear that. ******* if we end up getting an Iden Verso cameo.

Which game was this in?
TXTransplant
YouBet said:

israeliag said:

YouBet said:

TXTransplant said:

So anyone that wasn't a rebel or wronged the empire can waltz in there and use it?

Well, it's not like they waltzed right in. It took some epic bad-assery to get to the facial scanner.

But Mando won't ever be able to do that again. They know what he looks like now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Moff Gideon at least tries to use that to blackmail Mando somehow.
israeliag
AG
Battlefront 2's story mode. I've seen the game for 5-10$, and it's well worth it for the single-player canonical story alone. The multiplayer is pretty fun when it's not toxic.
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

TXTransplant said:

The face scanner was to check if you were in the system as a known enemy of the empire / member of the new republic. Or that was basically how they explained it in the show.
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

israeliag said:

YouBet said:

TXTransplant said:

They also had the equivalent of a usb drive they plugged in.
jokershady
AG
israeliag said:

Hadnt considered potentially seeing Iden in this....

And if you've played the game you know her story covers a good number of years and we see her interact with the Rebels quite a bit.

Course by this point in the Mandalorian she's already turned to the Rebels cause Operation Cinder was her turning point in the game. So if see her she'll be on Mandos side.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really glad to see you enjoyed it. I've seen a few complaints of it being filler and it legit blew my mind that anybody could think that.
Duncan Idaho
israeliag said:

Battlefront 2's story mode. I've seen the game for 5-10$, and it's well worth it for the single-player canonical story alone. The multiplayer is pretty fun when it's not toxic.

The multiplayer is as toxic as your mom's vagine.
Duncan Idaho
I just thought it was captcha
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"I am not a robot."
israeliag
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

israeliag said:

redline248
AG
There is the potential for someone like Mando to do (or have done) undercover work. Take off the armor and helmet and throw on some scrub clothes and no one is the wiser.

However, given that he needed Mayfield the implication is that Mando has no knowledge of imperial codes/protocols/etc. So the face recognition was basically checking "not a rebel," imo
bdenby
AG
A buddy of mine compared the scene when Burr shoots the officer to Raylon Givens shooting the ice pick guy. He had just had enough. I liked that.
AggieDub14
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I'm on season 4 of Rebels. It's a kids show, but there's so much there for adults that kids wouldn't get at all. And the build up to rogue one is incredible. They mention Director Krennic and have some showings from Saw Gerrera. It's amazing. Highly recommend. It's as good as Clone Wars for sure. I held out a long time and I'm super glad I decided to watch it. Also adds more Dark Saber background.
YouBet
AG
israeliag said:

Duncan Idaho said:

israeliag said:

DVC2010
AG
How did they hold an empire together for so long with that kind of OPSEC?
YouBet
AG
DVC2010 said:

And the worst accuracy by any soldiers in real or imagined military.
TXTransplant
YouBet said:

DVC2010 said:

And the worst accuracy by any soldiers in real or imagined military.

The Stormtroopers sure could hit those pirates with accuracy, though.
dave94
AG
This sizzle reel of the season through Ep. 6 is badass.

Fat Bib Fortuna
I was trying to imagine how a team of two Mandos, a sniper and a drop trooper successfully board Moff Gideon's ship, fight off 20+ dark troopers, legions of stormtroopers, and the man himself armed with the Dark Saber, especially since none of those 4 people know he has the saber, and probably only 2 of them have ever even heard of it.

Mando owes those New Republic pilots for saving his ass on Hoth Junior with the spiders. Cara Dune works for the New Republic. What if as a distraction to board Gideon's ship, they give the info on his ship to the New Republic to launch an attack featuring dare I say it, Rangers of the New Republic?

Assuming they get Grogu back in one pice or he uses the Force, I'd really like some commentary from Fett about the Jedi, considering he fought Luke 1:1, and had encounters with most of the Jedi Council just before Order 66.
AggieDub14
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

What if as a distraction to board Gideon's ship, they give the info on his ship to the New Republic to launch an attack featuring dare I say it, Rangers of the New Republic?

Ohhhhh he said it!

That entire post was a hot take.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.