*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,751 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it is more straightforward. If they are trying to follow teachings and identify as jedi then they are jedi. They might not be accepted by the jedi order at the end of the republic but I dont think they were pure then either.
TCTTS
AG
So... she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, and... Jedi.

I remember a time when chromosomes and midichlorians determined who you were, not some libtard's feelings!!! /F16
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

I remember a time when chromosomes and midichlorians determined who you were, not some libtard's feelings!!! /F16

Outstanding.
YNWA_AG
AG
Yes cal kestis is the main character from Jedi fallen order. Cal is canon and he has a second game in development. I doubt they bring him this far into the future without the 2nd game being released.
Saxsoon
AG
One would argue that despite stepping away from the order, Ashoka is closer to the ideals of the Jedi of old because she didn't get caught up in the politics of it all. Dave argues this is why qui gon wasn't on the council, he didn't play those games and neither did Ashoka to her own detriment. I think in many ways the emotional detachment that the Jedi forced themselves into caused their blind spots and eventual fall. Ironically this rule led to an absolute and blah blah blah sith absolutes.

Luke in many ways gains his strength for the love he has for Han and Leia (sure agape love rather than Eros but still) as well as the others. I think Ahsoka, Kanan, Ezra, and others had these attachments that while yes led them into forays into darkness also gave them a lot of strength and conviction. It can lead to Anakin but also lead to power in the light side of the force. Luke could have easily turned to the dark side but didn't because of the love for his friends

That's my read of it anyway and will gladly retract if Lucas or someone at lucasfilm told me to shut the hell up
redline248
AG
Strict adherence to the Jedi code allowed for them to be nearly wiped out. The ironic thing about them initially refusing Anakin because of his fear is that they were afraid of him falling. They are like parents that expect their kids not to have sex bc they told them not to. It takes a more active role than just "follow the code."

Whatever Kanan's flaws after order 66 he eventually got back on the Jedi path. Similar to Luke, as someone pointed out, his love for the rest of that crew allowed him to become the Jedi he ended up being.

Like Ezra, Luke also walked the edge of the dark side, especially at the beginning of Return of the Jedi. Both of them eventually turned away from that path.

Besides, the original Jedi probably didn't have any code, but developed it over time.
benMath08
AG
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001722/

Rufus Sewell is my vote for Thrawn.
texasaggie04
AG
The episode might have just been called the Jedi because that's what Morgan kept calling her. And that's what Mando was directed to hunt by her.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Nothing more to add except for that the Ashoka reveal was great. It was the best episode of the series so far. I really wish Favreau could've ran 7, 8, and 9.
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

A Jedi is either a he or a she. Just like a Christian is either a he or she.
Duncan Idaho
mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

and it is their choice alone if they want to be a he or a she, be they jedi, christian or sith.
mazag08
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

and it is their choice alone if they want to be a he or a she, be they jedi, christian or sith.

Perfect.
The Debt
benMath08 said:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001722/

Rufus Sewell is my vote for Thrawn.

He would just play the same character he has in high castle
mazag08
AG
Wrong thread
AliasMan02
AG
Haven't read any other responses, but man... they nailed it. Dawson absolutely crushed it. All of Ahsoka's mannerisms and how she carries herself were brought to life perfectly.

And Morai did show up! Very cool.

Love this show.
AliasMan02
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Is there any indication where the magistrate learned to fight so well?

I mean she held off a Jedi for a few minutes with a staff of beskar.

Comment from a few pages back, but her staff/spear skills remind me of Thrawn's.
fig96
AG
Animation lead for The Mandalorian (he was on a few s1 Gallery episodes):

The Debt
The Debt
Ag Since 83
AG
My current Lego project comes with these two
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The Debt
DB Coach
AG
I noticed in the ScreenCrush video clip showing Ahsoka at the end of Rebels, her head tails are much longer than they are in the latest chapter of The Mandalorian. So maybe that scene in Rebels is further into the future.

And someone needs to tell Ryan Arey how to pronounce BY's name.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finale showdown will definitely be Moff Gideon vs Mando, darksaber vs staff, right?
AliasMan02
AG
DB Coach said:

I noticed in the ScreenCrush video clip showing Ahsoka at the end of Rebels, her head tails are much longer than they are in the latest chapter of The Mandalorian. So maybe that scene in Rebels is further into the future.

The change in her head tails was just practical, I think. They're much longer through all of Rebels.
powerbelly
AG
AliasMan02 said:

DB Coach said:

The change in her head tails was just practical, I think. They're much longer through all of Rebels.

Agree
twilly
AG
AliasMan02 said:

DB Coach said:

I read a tweet from someone at Lucasfilm saying the headtails were were shortened due to problems encountered performing stunts (i.e. they kept getting in the way).

EDIT: Found it
Mandalorian's Character Designer Explains Ahsoka's Shorter Montrals/Lekku
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very cool and gracious post by the original Ahsoka, and a great response from Rosario Dawson. (Gotta open the post.)

https://instagr.am/p/CII-VvEgNEs
AliasMan02
AG
Great post. Ashley has always said her goal was to play Ahsoka in live action and she was obviously hurt to not get a chance, but she's handles it like a champ and has great perspective. I think getting to voice Ahsoka in TROS was really big for her.
israeliag
AG
Howdy y'all.

I haven't posted, or even been here in months and months. With the pandemic, stress about work, then a promotion and going from being an individual contributor to leading a large team, to finally becoming a father, somehow - and no offense to y'all - I didn't have the time, or really the desire, for lurking and posting here even though it used to be my most frequented website before hand.

Then Bo-Katan appeared in live action, and the needle moved back a bit, but not fully towards, Forum 13. But y'all, Ahsoka ****ing Tano showed up (not as an animation) and I just about lost my **** watching, all by myself, with headphones on to play the audio from the TV without waking the little one, this character I kinda knew I enjoyed watching and watching grow... But, now as a girl-dad, I see as a role model and am super excited to introduce to my daughter, and I knew I had to see what y'all thought, and I knew I had to write down what I thought, to share it with others who also geek out about Star Wars, The Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, and all niches of A Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Not to mention, that episode was just a damn treat in and of itself: a ronin and a ninja teaming up to take down an evil shogun. Numnumnumnumnum. Rosario killed it as Ahsoka - I'm still thinking if the way she looked as she watches the Razor Crest fly away, perfectly capturing the optimism at the heart of Ahsoka layered with the learned stoicism of growing up in war and taking on oppressors.

I will watch this episode again before the next episode - I've never so desired to rewatch a single episode.

We'll see if I'll be back here, but either way: may the force be with you all.
Flashdiaz
AG
Solid post... I too notice how Rosario nailed the nonverbal actions of Asoka in the final scene.

TCTTS
jokershady
AG
Dang I wouldn't have expected something like that to get to me....yet here we are
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Very cool and gracious post by the original Ahsoka, and a great response from Rosario Dawson. (Gotta open the post.)

https://instagr.am/p/CII-VvEgNEs

That is a fantastic shirt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.