*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,560 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mando Calrissean
"This is the way, baby."

I don't have a joke to go with that. I just thought it was funny.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
ACTION JACKSON!!!!

Great '80s dialogue in that one:
Jackson's boss - you ripped his damn arm off, Jackson!
Jackson - well, he had a spare.
Malachi Constant
AG
CrottyKid said:

Mando Calrissean
"This is the way, baby."

Apollo Creed would also make a pretty good Star Wars name...
The Debt
Blatant Disregard said:

CrottyKid said:

Mando Calrissean
"This is the way, baby."

Apollo Creed would also make a pretty good Star Wars name...
he could welcome Mando...with arms wide open.
redline248
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

ACTION JACKSON!!!!

Speaking as someone who was 14 when Action Jackson came out in 1988, Carl Weathers was nowhere near the most memorable part of that movie.

TCTTS
AG
Craig T. Nelson's silver mane? Whatever floats your boat, I guess...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

ACTION JACKSON!!!!

Speaking as someone who was 14 when Action Jackson came out in 1988, Carl Weathers was nowhere near the most memorable part of that movie.

I was just about done at A&M, but I wasn't dead.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, with the big WW84 announcement yesterday, Pedro Pescal is now going to own Christmas this year. Friday, December 18 will see the season two finale of The Mandalorian, and then a week later, Friday, December 25 will see Pascal starring as the villain in the most notable streaming title to date in Wonder Woman 1984. Dude will be starring in the two biggest, most talked about pieces of entertainment this holiday season, on back-to-back weekends.
PatAg
AG
Visually stunning episode, great action imo
MandoArms
Solid episode this weeks. Another reveal that pushes the story even further as well as developing new plot lines. Loving this season.
IG: mando_arms
Madmarttigan
AG
So is he trying to bring back the sith or create super soldiers?
jbryan10
AG
Seemed like super soldiers to me.

Back when they were in the base and the 2 techs were erasing stuff, what was on the console screen before it was destroyed?
bluefire579
AG
"There's no guard rail on this"
bluefire579
AG
tv1113 said:

So is he trying to bring back the sith or create super soldiers?
Judging by the fact that he's using the child's blood and referenced "M-Count" (mediclorians, I'd assume), I'd wager something more akin to the Inquisitors. Not sith, per se, but certainly manufactured force users
wangus12
AG
Thats what I was thinking
MandoArms
I thought the M-Count reference was Midi-chlorian related. So I'm assuming they are trying to create someone force sensitive. My gut tells me this will lead to the creation of Snoke.
IG: mando_arms
sburg2007
Looks like our "adventure of the week" is heating up.
KCup17
AG
Great episode.

I hope after a certain point in this series they move away from the big bad guy being the Empire. I feel like that dynamic has been so played out from the OT, to the Rebels series, to even the First Order in the ST. Other than that I really love the show.
BoydCrowder13
KCup17 said:

Great episode.

I hope after a certain point in this series they move away from the big bad guy being the Empire. I feel like that dynamic has been so played out from the OT, to the Rebels series, to even the First Order in the ST. Other than that I really love the show.

Unfortunately, I think they are kind of boxed in.

The Empire was just defeated so of course they will have stragglers throughout the galaxy. The First Order/Final Order is forming in the Outer Rim so that is out there as well.

They can't just ignore that. Baby Yoda clearly fits into those storylines.

The only other logical villains would be various criminal organizations. I don't know if they are enough of a big bad though.

I'm cool if they spend a lot of episodes on localized threats (universe building) and the overarching big bad be segments of the Empire/First Order we haven't seen.
bluefire579
AG
I think with the introduction of Bo Katan that we have the potential to open up a Mandalore versus the galaxy kind of storyline. We're already seeing this season that Mando and friends don't exactly get along with the New Republic, and Legends is filled with Mandalore being like **** everyone else. I think it sets up really well for them rooting out the Empire, which results in a large defeat, allowing for the First Order to emerge. Meanwhile, the New Republic attempts to exert their own influence, leading to conflict with a Mandalore that just wants to be their own thing.
KCup17
AG
I think you are right. I came to a realization that they may use this series to show how the First Order was formed which then made me mad about how the ST was handled. Kind of using Mando to smooth the cracks between the trilogies.

Was also interested that outside of the PT we have almost exclusively been in the Outer Rim planets. Wonder if/at all we will see Core world planets?
BoydCrowder13
KCup17 said:

I think you are right. I came to a realization that they may use this series to show how the First Order was formed which then made me mad about how the ST was handled. Kind of using Mando to smooth the cracks between the trilogies.

Was also interested that outside of the PT we have almost exclusively been in the Outer Rim planets. Wonder if/at all we will see Core world planets?
Very true. I would like that as well. I don't know if they just don't feel they have enough budget for it.

The only Core Worlds we have ever seen onscreen are Coruscant, Alderaan and Hosnian Prime. The last 2 only briefly before they were blown up.

Mid-Rim worlds - Naboo and Kashyyyk

Outer Rim is where nearly all the movies and shows take place:

Tatooine, Yavin, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Genesis, Utapau, Mutsafar, Kessel, Madalore, Jakku, Dagobah, Crait, Jedha, etc.

Exegol and Kamino are even further out
CrottyKid
AG
bluefire579 said:

That made us laugh. Then, the 12yo son and I discussed at length the design flaws of many empirial bases and weapons. Safety is definitely NOT their priority.
jeffk
AG
The first five minutes had me rolling. Reminded me of every home repair task I've ever tried to get my kids to help me with.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Solo starts On correllia.
ChipFTAC01
AG
The giant shaft that leads down to the reactor core in the Emperor's throne room was probably not properly vetted during design.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
jeffk said:

The first five minutes had me rolling. Reminded me of every home repair task I've ever tried to get my kids to help me with.

This is what was going through my head during that scene.
bluefire579
AG
Same
twilly
AG
I don't consider this a spoiler since it's been widely discussed:
texasaggie04
AG
I just looked up the inquisitors on Wookieepedia because I never understood who/what they were when I watch the Rebels series. After looking at that article, I found this one.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Purge_Trooper

I wonder if this is what the line of armor was at the end of the last episode? These guys to accompany the new inquisitors they might be trying to create with Baby Yoda blood? Or were the experiments just early attempts to clone the emperor?
Saxsoon
AG
CrottyKid said:

bluefire579 said:

That made us laugh. Then, the 12yo son and I discussed at length the design flaws of many empirial bases and weapons. Safety is definitely NOT their priority.

No Imperial OSHA
BoydCrowder13
ChipFTAC01 said:

Solo starts On correllia.

Knew I forgot one.
AggieDub14
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

KCup17 said:

Very true. I would like that as well. I don't know if they just don't feel they have enough budget for it.

The only Core Worlds we have ever seen onscreen are Coruscant, Alderaan and Hosnian Prime. The last 2 only briefly before they were blown up.

Mid-Rim worlds - Naboo and Kashyyyk

Outer Rim is where nearly all the movies and shows take place:

Tatooine, Yavin, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Genesis, Utapau, Mutsafar, Kessel, Madalore, Jakku, Dagobah, Crait, Jedha, etc.

Exegol and Kamino are even further out

Alderaan is so beautiful in the games too
jokershady
AG
jeffk said:

so much this

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.