*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,824 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol, you know those things cost an arm and a leg.
KTAG05
AG
TXTransplant
jeffk said:

As a dad of three, I was really torn up when I saw that BY's little floating bassinet was ruined.

I was, too! I'm hoping he gets a new one!

My son had to do some sort of project for algebra II last year that included a geometric spiral (a spiral of Theodorus, I think), and he made a poster of Baby Yoda in his ship.

https://instagr.am/p/CHlVxq7h3fB
jeffk
AG
Nice! I would have give him bonus points.
TXTransplant
jeffk said:

Nice! I would have give him bonus points.

His teacher kept it because she liked it so much!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone else find it funny that a week after the BY egg-eating controversy, his "egg" carriage was eaten by a sea monster?

That's either a huge coincidence or not an accident.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly disappointing you didn't like it more.
jeffk
AG
He probably thought the lightsabers were too broad or something.
CrottyKid
AG
The child's next carrier should have weapons.
jokershady
AG
CrottyKid said:

The child's next carrier should have weapons.
BY doesn't need weapons when he can "do the magic hand thing."
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That Siege of Mandalore arc (final 4 episodes) of TCW is honestly amazing.

TC, even you would love it.

I mention them in my reaction post. Saw the final four eps a while back based on this board's recommendation. I'll be honest, I wasn't as over the moon for them, but that was more because it's just really hard for me to get into animation most of the time, and Darth Maul seemed like a completely different character from the movies. Don't get me wrong, I liked the eps, but having seen none of the series prior, they just didn't land for me like they did for everyone else.
Darth Maul being well spoken and carefully considering things is just so different from how he was portrayed in the movies.
jeffk
AG
Getting cut in two will make you re-examine some things.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That Siege of Mandalore arc (final 4 episodes) of TCW is honestly amazing.

TC, even you would love it.

I mention them in my reaction post. Saw the final four eps a while back based on this board's recommendation. I'll be honest, I wasn't as over the moon for them, but that was more because it's just really hard for me to get into animation most of the time, and Darth Maul seemed like a completely different character from the movies. Don't get me wrong, I liked the eps, but having seen none of the series prior, they just didn't land for me like they did for everyone else.
Darth Maul being well spoken and carefully considering things is just so different from how he was portrayed in the movies.

Exactly. In TPM, I know he had a British accent in his one speaking scene, but he was otherwise dead silent and portrayed as almost animalistic. To then suddenly see him as this pontificating, well-spoken villain in TCW was just jarring and felt like too much of a reinvention.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, there's a good bit of progression you missed there too. When he shows up in the show for the first time, he's very much not that well put together (pun intended) but evolves into the pontificating, calculating character you get in the final arc.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, no doubt. I'm sure I missed a ton of connective tissue, no pun intended.
jokershady
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, there's a good bit of progression you missed there too. When he shows up in the show for the first time, he's very much not that well put together (pun intended) but evolves into the pontificating, calculating character you get in the final arc.
correct when he's first introduced in the show he's literally insane and you first see him in the fetal position completely wigging out....so there's some damn good character development with him you missed out on
Hagen95
AG
Almost like he has a split personality.
dave94
AG
Hagen95 said:

Almost like he has a split personality.
Duncan Idaho
The Debt said:

Apparently disney had to issue a statement saying the eggs were unfertilized.

People were aghast at baby Yoda eating the eggs lololol

Based on the baby frog, this was either a lie or Mando channeled his inner captn kirk or louis ck
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The whole plot for the episode revolved around Frog Lady getting back to her husband so he could fertilize the eggs.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The whole plot for the episode revolved around Frog Lady getting back to her husband so he could fertilize the eggs.

He brought her down in his van by the river so they could get it on.

Duncan Idaho
It hatched too quickly
Dro07
AG
On a show that has a 50 year old baby?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CrottyKid
AG
Everytime! On top of that, I often pull this up and jam it throught the house.

Mandalorian Theme Trap Remix:
AliasMan02
AG
I love this show so much. A great thing that I don't think I've seen commented on is how awesome the Gozanti looked. Just perfect. Weathered like it's a million light years past its last scheduled overhaul.
dave94
AG
Watched again tonight. What a great ****ing episode.

The Debt
SO made me eggs and coffee this morning. So sweet. Then as I'm putting my first bite into my mouth, SO asks"you know who else likes eggs? Baby yoda". "TOO SOON!"
DannyDuberstein
AG
I watch shows with captioning on and have been amused at the number of times "Frog lady speaking frog" was posted as the caption.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So, Din Djarin is an orthodox Mandalorian?

He has to always wear a head covering, can't eat the meat of a Rancor, can't use his jet pack on Sundays?
CrottyKid
AG
Lol
But also he is bound by his word, which makes him a lovable killer. He's space John Wick.

My kids tried to describe The Mandalorian to my wife. At the end of it all, she says, "So it is about a space cowboy, hitman, pirate, samurai?" They were like, "Well, yeah, I guess so."
jeffk
AG
Don't forget "gangster of love."
PatAg
AG
How is this show so much more "Star Wars" then 7,8,9? It's actually infuriating the more I think about it.
redline248
AG
Because Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni understand and respect the world/lore of Star Wars a million times more than JJ Abrams and Rian ****ing Johnson
YouBet
AG
GD it this episode was awesome.

I went into this season blind just knowing we would have TCW connections and that was it. My first thought upon seeing Katee Sackhoff was what an absolute perfect casting choice as Bo-Katan!!!!

[retroactively checks TCW cast]

Katee Sackhoff was Bo-Katan the whole f'ing time!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.