*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,547 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She's only 40.

Unless we think Bo Katan was joining death watch (I thought it was funny she called Mando's group religious zealots after being a bit of an extremist herself at one point) as a major role player as a 10 year old, Katee is still too young regardless of her looks.

ETA yeah I know she played her in The Clone Wars, thought it was cool they used the same person but they could've done a bit more to make it make sense.
TXTransplant
I've never been a huge SW fan, but my son and I watched the new trilogy together, and now we are watching this.

I found myself gasping out loud and yelling at the tv this episode. Thought it was great...especially the ship falling into the water and being fished out (def thought the crane looked like an AT-AT). I liked the humor they injected into this one, especially at the end. And I was surprised and impressed to see Bryce Dallas Howard's name in the final credits.

Just great TV. Haven't enjoyed a series this much since Alias or Mad Men.
Vince Blake
Absolutely great episode. And you can see it coming...Mando finds Ashoka..."I am searching for Jedi" and when she gives her reply....
jeffk
AG
Wow. They got Titus Welliver too.
My Dad Earl
AG
Ok so do I need to go watch the animated series to know who the other Mandalorians are? Everybody on here is geeking out and I'm sitting here clueless....
CrottyKid
AG
Same for me. I am fine w it.
jeffk
AG
That or just read Wookiepedia.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bo-Katan_Kryze
Dro07
AG
Do you know who Ashoka is?
sburg2007
You don't have to. It may not be your cup of tea, but I just finished clone wars, and it made this so much better. Still working through rebels. I NEVER thought I'd watch the animated shows, but push through the cheesy ones and it's worth it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Ahsoka better have a good explanation of where the hell she was during the Rebellion.
Duncan Idaho
Drinking that sweet sweet blue milk
jeffk
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ahsoka better have a good explanation of where the hell she was during the Rebellion.

More like *when* she was.
tamusc
AG
My Dad Earl said:

Ok so do I need to go watch the animated series to know who the other Mandalorians are? Everybody on here is geeking out and I'm sitting here clueless....

Watch the last four episodes of Clone Wars at least. It'll help set up Ahsoka as well.
bearamedic99
AG
Man, through most of that episode, I was half "that looks like Later Sackhoff" and the other half " no, she looks too young and hot to be Katee". Maybe my view was skewed by no utterance of the word Frak/fracking or by her side character roles of The Flash. I had to imdb it afterwards to be sure. The other male Mando looked familiar but I didn't recognize any of his previous work.

I also loved the deadliest catch look of the Quarrens.
TCTTS
AG
I've never watched any of the animated stuff (save for the final four episodes of The Clone Wars), so Katee Sackhoff's character didn't mean as much to me as she did to others (though I understood her importance and that she was from The Clone Wars, which is cool in and of itself), but even still, this was the first episode of the entire series that truly felt like Star Wars to me, and was probably my favorite episode yet. If more episodes were like this - where the "mission of the week" actually advanced the central plot and contributed to Mando's character development - it'd be so much better. Regardless, Bryce Dallas Howard really did knock it out of the park, and it feels like she's grown by leaps and bounds since her last directing effort. More of this, please!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

I've never watched any of the animated stuff (save for the final four episodes of The Clone Wars), so Katee Sackhoff's character didn't mean as much to me like it did to others (though I understood her importance and that she was from The Clone Wars, which is cool in and of itself), but even still, this was the first episode of the entire series that truly felt like Star Wars to me, and was probably my favorite episode yet. If more episodes were like this - where the "mission of the week" actually advanced the central plot and contributed to Mando's character development - it'd be so much better. Regardless, Bryce Dallas Howard really did knock it out of the park, and it feels like she's grown by leaps and bounds since her last directing effort. More of this, please!

I think I might be one of the few who enjoyed episode 4 but this really was an incredible episode
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
When you find out your father is actually in a cult.

Duncan Idaho
If that episode had been released 10 years ago as a stand alone short (a la Dirty laundry) we would have had a very different sequel trilogy in tone and content.

Just fantasic
Duncan Idaho
My Dad Earl said:

There is a screen rant episode about Mando history. Worth a watch
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

I've never watched any of the animated stuff (save for the final four episodes of The Clone Wars), so Katee Sackhoff's character didn't mean as much to me like it did to others (though I understood her importance and that she was from The Clone Wars, which is cool in and of itself), but even still, this was the first episode of the entire series that truly felt like Star Wars to me, and was probably my favorite episode yet. If more episodes were like this - where the "mission of the week" actually advanced the central plot and contributed to Mando's character development - it'd be so much better. Regardless, Bryce Dallas Howard really did knock it out of the park, and it feels like she's grown by leaps and bounds since her last directing effort. More of this, please!
exitone
AG
My wife has always rolled her eyes and walked out of the room when my kids and I watched the animated series. Well, now that Mandalorian is drawing from this, she is starting to ask questions (ha, ha, ha). I have explained the story at a high level to her, but am thinking of getting her to watch a few episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels to prepare for the coming Mando story featuring more of Bo and Ahsoka. I think earlier this year, I had posted the CW and Rebels episodes recommended for someone wanting to know who Ahsoka was. It was probably about 12 episodes. And I know I would never get my wife to watch all that. But I'm thinking the plan below which is more Mando-centric is possible. Below I have listed all the Mandalorian related episodes in CW and Rebels. I have bolded the episodes (10) I think would be a good primer for someone wanting to know more back story on the Mandalorians, the Dark Saber, and Ahsoka. Take a look and let me know if I'm missing anything, or over emphasizing something.

As a side note, I'm a huge Ahsoka fan and am really looking forward to the big reveal!!!!

Season 2 - Episode 12: "The Mandalore Plot"
Obi-Wan is assigned to protect Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore from a terrorist organization called Death Watch.

Season 2 - Episode 13: "Voyage of Temptation"
As Satine heads to Coruscant protected by clones and two Jedi, Anakin, R2 and the clones find assassin droids in the cargo while Obi-Wan tries to identify the traitor.

Season 2 - Episode 14: "Duchess of Mandalore"
On Coruscant, Satine disguises herself as a civilian to avoid assassins as she pleads for the Senate to leave her planet in peace.

Season 3 - Episode 5: "Corruption"
Padm, on a diplomatic mission to Mandalore, guarantees the pacifist planet the Republic's full protection, but she and Duchess Satine soon find something sinister lurking beneath the planet's serene facade. Moogan smugglers have been sneaking in supplies, including bottled tea destined for the Mandalorian schools but diluting the tea with a hazardous chemical.

Season 3 - Episode 6: "The Academy"
Ahsoka is assigned as a teacher at the cadet academy on Mandalore while covertly investigating the corruption inside Satine's administration. Soon after she arrives, Satine's zealous nephew Korkie and his classmates uncover a nefarious plot.

Season 5 - Episode 14: "Eminence"
Darth Maul and Savage Opress form an alliance with the Mandalorian terrorist group Death Watch and several crime syndicates, including the Falleens's Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, and the Hutt Cartel, in order to destroy all of their common enemies.

Season 5 - Episode 15: "Shades of Reason"
Maul's alliance helps the Death Watch and their leader, Pre Vizsla, conquer Mandalore and imprison Duchess Satine, but, when Vizsla's ambitions surface, how long will the alliance last?

Season 5 - Episode 16: "The Lawless"
Having assumed control over a majority of the Death Watch after killing Vizsla, Maul proceeds to lure Obi-Wan Kenobi to Mandalore with news of Satine's capture. Includes Satine, Bo-Katan, Maul, Opress and Sidious.

Season 7 - Episode 8: "Together Again"
Ahsoka manages to make a deal with the Pykes. Things happen and they escape by blowing up the facility and are followed back to Coruscant by the three Mandalorians, who were previously part of Death Watch. One of them, Bo-Katan, manages to convince Ahsoka they have a common enemy in Maul, and Ahsoka decides to leave for Mandalore after reconciling with the sisters.

Season 7 - Episode 9: "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
Ahsoka and Bo-Katan contact Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, asking them for help in apprehending Darth Maul in his new hideout on Mandalore. Part of the 501st accompanies Ahsoka to Mandalore, forcing Maul's loyalists under Gar Saxon into retreat. Bo-Katan apprehends Prime Minister Almec, while Ahsoka follows a trail into the city's tunnel network, only to walk right into Maul's trap.

Season 7 - Episode 10: "The Phantom Apprentice"
Ahsoka faces off against Maul on Mandalore. Greatest. Episode. Ever.

Season 7 - Episode 11: "Shattered"
With the Siege of Mandalore over, Ahsoka and Rex prepare to take Maul before the Jedi Council on Coruscant.

Season 3 - Episode 15: "Trials of the Darksaber"
Upon being told by Fenn Rau what status the Darksaber Sabine recovered from Dathomir holds among the Mandalorians, Kanan decides that Sabine should wield it in order to rally the Mandalorians into the ranks of the Rebel Alliance.

Season 3 - Episode 16: "Legacy of Mandalore"
Upon being presented with the Darksaber, Sabine's mother, Countess Ursa, allows her daughter the benefit of a personal conversation, but is still too fearful of an Imperial reprisal against her people, and her husband held hostage, to join with the Rebellion, and so she decides to sell out the Jedi to Gar Saxon in exchange for Sabine's freedom.

Season 4 - Episode 1, 2: "Heroes of Mandalore"
Sabine, Kanan and Ezra lead Clan Wren in a raid on a Clan Saxon outpost to rescue Sabine's father who is being held captive by Clan Saxon on behalf of the Empire. The outpost turns out to be a trap to capture Sabine but they are rescued by Lady Bo-Katan of Clan Kryze.

Saxsoon
AG
exitone said:

My wife has always rolled her eyes and walked out of the room when my kids and I watched the animated series. Well, now that Mandalorian is drawing from this, she is starting to ask questions (ha, ha, ha). I have explained the story at a high level to her, but am thinking of getting her to watch a few episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels to prepare for the coming Mando story featuring more of Bo and Ahsoka. I think earlier this year, I had posted the CW and Rebels episodes recommended for someone wanting to know who Ahsoka was. It was probably about 12 episodes. And I know I would never get my wife to watch all that. But I'm thinking the plan below which is more Mando-centric is possible. Below I have listed all the Mandalorian related episodes in CW and Rebels. I have bolded the episodes (10) I think would be a good primer for someone wanting to know more back story on the Mandalorians, the Dark Saber, and Ahsoka. Take a look and let me know if I'm missing anything, or over emphasizing something.

As a side note, I'm a huge Ahsoka fan and am really looking forward to the big reveal!!!!

Season 2 - Episode 12: "The Mandalore Plot"
Obi-Wan is assigned to protect Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore from a terrorist organization called Death Watch.

Season 2 - Episode 13: "Voyage of Temptation"
As Satine heads to Coruscant protected by clones and two Jedi, Anakin, R2 and the clones find assassin droids in the cargo while Obi-Wan tries to identify the traitor.

Season 2 - Episode 14: "Duchess of Mandalore"
On Coruscant, Satine disguises herself as a civilian to avoid assassins as she pleads for the Senate to leave her planet in peace.

Season 3 - Episode 5: "Corruption"
Padm, on a diplomatic mission to Mandalore, guarantees the pacifist planet the Republic's full protection, but she and Duchess Satine soon find something sinister lurking beneath the planet's serene facade. Moogan smugglers have been sneaking in supplies, including bottled tea destined for the Mandalorian schools but diluting the tea with a hazardous chemical.

Season 3 - Episode 6: "The Academy"
Ahsoka is assigned as a teacher at the cadet academy on Mandalore while covertly investigating the corruption inside Satine's administration. Soon after she arrives, Satine's zealous nephew Korkie and his classmates uncover a nefarious plot.

Season 5 - Episode 14: "Eminence"
Darth Maul and Savage Opress form an alliance with the Mandalorian terrorist group Death Watch and several crime syndicates, including the Falleens's Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, and the Hutt Cartel, in order to destroy all of their common enemies.

Season 5 - Episode 15: "Shades of Reason"
Maul's alliance helps the Death Watch and their leader, Pre Vizsla, conquer Mandalore and imprison Duchess Satine, but, when Vizsla's ambitions surface, how long will the alliance last?

Season 5 - Episode 16: "The Lawless"
Having assumed control over a majority of the Death Watch after killing Vizsla, Maul proceeds to lure Obi-Wan Kenobi to Mandalore with news of Satine's capture. Includes Satine, Bo-Katan, Maul, Opress and Sidious.

Season 7 - Episode 8: "Together Again"
Ahsoka manages to make a deal with the Pykes. Things happen and they escape by blowing up the facility and are followed back to Coruscant by the three Mandalorians, who were previously part of Death Watch. One of them, Bo-Katan, manages to convince Ahsoka they have a common enemy in Maul, and Ahsoka decides to leave for Mandalore after reconciling with the sisters.

Season 7 - Episode 9: "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
Ahsoka and Bo-Katan contact Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, asking them for help in apprehending Darth Maul in his new hideout on Mandalore. Part of the 501st accompanies Ahsoka to Mandalore, forcing Maul's loyalists under Gar Saxon into retreat. Bo-Katan apprehends Prime Minister Almec, while Ahsoka follows a trail into the city's tunnel network, only to walk right into Maul's trap.

Season 7 - Episode 10: "The Phantom Apprentice"
Ahsoka faces off against Maul on Mandalore. Greatest. Episode. Ever.

Season 7 - Episode 11: "Shattered"
With the Siege of Mandalore over, Ahsoka and Rex prepare to take Maul before the Jedi Council on Coruscant.

Season 3 - Episode 15: "Trials of the Darksaber"
Upon being told by Fenn Rau what status the Darksaber Sabine recovered from Dathomir holds among the Mandalorians, Kanan decides that Sabine should wield it in order to rally the Mandalorians into the ranks of the Rebel Alliance.

Season 3 - Episode 16: "Legacy of Mandalore"
Upon being presented with the Darksaber, Sabine's mother, Countess Ursa, allows her daughter the benefit of a personal conversation, but is still too fearful of an Imperial reprisal against her people, and her husband held hostage, to join with the Rebellion, and so she decides to sell out the Jedi to Gar Saxon in exchange for Sabine's freedom.

Season 4 - Episode 1, 2: "Heroes of Mandalore"
Sabine, Kanan and Ezra lead Clan Wren in a raid on a Clan Saxon outpost to rescue Sabine's father who is being held captive by Clan Saxon on behalf of the Empire. The outpost turns out to be a trap to capture Sabine but they are rescued by Lady Bo-Katan of Clan Kryze.

I might see if I can get my dad to watch some of these.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That Siege of Mandalore arc (final 4 episodes) of TCW is honestly amazing.

TC, even you would love it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I dont want to over extend my hopes but what if when ahsoka sees the child theres a flashback scene to her as a padawan in live action with yoda or plo or even anakin?
Saxsoon
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I dont want to over extend my hopes but what if when ahsoka sees the child theres a flashback scene to her as a padawan in live action with yoda or plo or even anakin?
You know Dave Filoni will find a way to put Plo in this.

Fat Bib Fortuna
Saxsoon said:

MuckRaker96 said:

You know Dave Filoni will find a way to put Plo in this.

my daughter encountered a Kel Dor while playing The Old Republic this morning. What a cool species that did absolutely nothing in the prequels.
jokershady
AG
This episode was awesome!!!!! I've learned though I need to turn off the damn captions cause Bo Katans reveal in the captions caught me off guard.

DEFINITELY was a re-purposed ATAT. The sound effect from it picking up Mandos ship was the exact same sound affect when the ATAT is close to crushing Luke in his ship in ESB.

I straight up yelled when BY got knocked into the tank....had some major game of throne feels of shock and despair from that scene.

One question though....the woman in the cloak that we see real quick and then disappear......who was that??? No way that was Bo Karan was it?
Fat Bib Fortuna
jokershady said:

One question though....the woman in the cloak that we see real quick and then disappear......who was that??? No way that was Bo Karan was it?
She was the other female Mando with Bo Katan
jeffk
AG
That was the younger female of Bo's Mandalorian trio.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That Siege of Mandalore arc (final 4 episodes) of TCW is honestly amazing.

TC, even you would love it.

I mention them in my reaction post. Saw the final four eps a while back based on this board's recommendation. I'll be honest, I wasn't as over the moon for them, but that was more because it's just really hard for me to get into animation most of the time, and Darth Maul seemed like a completely different character from the movies. Don't get me wrong, I liked the eps, but having seen none of the series prior, they just didn't land for me like they did for everyone else.
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

jeffk
AG
As a dad of three, I was really torn up when I saw that BY's little floating bassinet was ruined.
EMY92
AG
Just run down to Hutmart and pick up a new one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.