*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,842 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just jumping in, but...

Episode 1 - THAT KRAYT DRAGON SURPASSED ANY IMAGINING I EVER HAD OF WHAT ONE WOULD OR SHOULD BE. That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!

Episode 2 - a little meh; cliche spiders, but the NR pilots were a neat addition and the child eating frog eggs was hilarious
GiveEmHellBill
AG
My first thought when Baby Yoda was eating those frog and spider eggs:

Duncan Idaho
God I miss that show.

Like I said earlier, it just made me want a boba tea.
Fat Bib Fortuna
IO9 has a decently possible spoiler about what might be the look of Moff Gideon's command ship based on official Lucasfilm trading cards that coincide with Season 2 of Mando.

Duncan Idaho
Ahh the ol' yt-1300e corellian star destroyer
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Episode 1 - THAT KRAYT DRAGON SURPASSED ANY IMAGINING I EVER HAD OF WHAT ONE WOULD OR SHOULD BE. That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!
Yeah, I don't know all the expanded lore like some people here, but as soon as I saw the skeleton it brought me back to a picture in this Star Wars (ep. 4 for the nerds) story book I had as a little kid. I would stare at that picture wondering what it was.
Quad Dog
AG
If Yoda had the same appetite as Baby Yoda, then he must have absolutely loved retiring to Dagobah.
CrottyKid
AG
He does rifle through all of Luke's stuff (looking for snacks?).
bobinator
AG
Good thing he was only a ghost or the Porg population might have been decimated
Fat Bib Fortuna
Quad Dog said:

If Yoda had the same appetite as Baby Yoda, then he must have absolutely loved retiring to Dagobah.
Makes you wonder what happened to the young alien Padawans who didn't make passing grades at the Jedi Temple - Yoda late-night snacks they were?
jeffk
AG
Oh, not the younglings.
MandoArms
So what if they bring back Jar Jar in Chapter 12? We know they are going to be on the high seas for this episode and Gungans are an underwater people. He makes an appearance in The Aftermath Novels just like Cobb Vanth, and Filoni would do it just to break the internet.

Can you imagine JarJar leading Mando to and underwater covert of Mandos. Just like he led ObiWan and QuiGon in Episode 1?
IG: mando_arms
Fat Bib Fortuna
1 year anniversary of Disney plus today. Article on CNN said their analysts had wanted to reach 60 million subscribers by year 3, but they are already past that number.
YouBet
AG
BrownCoat said:

So what if they bring back Jar Jar in Chapter 12? We know they are going to be on the high seas for this episode and Gungans are an underwater people. He makes an appearance in The Aftermath Novels just like Cobb Vanth, and Filoni would do it just to break the internet.

Can you imagine JarJar leading Mando to and underwater covert of Mandos. Just like he led ObiWan and QuiGon in Episode 1?

I mean, if he wants to piss everyone off and ruin the episode then go for it!
dave94
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

1 year anniversary of Disney plus today. Article on CNN said their analysts had wanted to reach 60 million subscribers by year 3, but they are already past that number.

And over 5 months since HBO Max launched they're still not on Roku or Firestick.
bluefire579
AG
dave94 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

And over 5 months since HBO Max launched they're still not on Roku or Firestick.
We've been able to watch it on Firestick. Maybe missing an update or older model that's not supported?

Actually, come to think of it, the Roku TV at our AirBnB had it as well
jeffk
AG
Yeah, we watch fine on Firestick here too.
dave94
AG
bluefire579 said:

dave94 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

We've been able to watch it on Firestick. Maybe missing an update or older model that's not supported?

Actually, come to think of it, the Roku TV at our AirBnB had it as well

I know there are workarounds to screencast from some smartphones, but the app is most definitely not available on Roku.
Southlake
I wonder why Baby Yoda used his powers earlier in the show but hasn't used them since?
Sailor
HBO and Roku are in dispute for how much HBO should pay Roku for allowing their channel on their platform. HBO wants to pay the same as the current HBO Now, but Roku's position is that HBO Max has much more content so they should pay more.

Just another extension of the cable and sattelite companies blacklisting providers based on costs.
CrottyKid
AG
It seems like he's started to use them a few times and then Mando gets out of the pinch about that time. It wiped him out the last time, so maybe he doesn't want to feel bad, also.
The Debt
Apparently disney had to issue a statement saying the eggs were unfertilized.

People were aghast at baby Yoda eating the eggs lololol
Kate Beckett
AG
We eat unfertilized eggs all the time...I honestly didn't see an issue with it at all.
jeffk
AG
Did they say anything about the unhatched spider that got eaten?
PatAg
AG
I think the Frog lady talking is what is making those people feel upset.

The second they showed her with her eggs, I thought to myself "baby yoda is getting those eggs"
The Debt
Kate Beckett said:

We eat unfertilized eggs all the time...I honestly didn't see an issue with it at all.

Well before the statement, people were freaking out that BY was killing a dying species.

Disney says "hey its unfertilized eggs"

Complainers "this is a sentient being"

I'll admit, I get the humor but I also understand the thrust of the episode is protecting a species from dying and everything BY does endangers that. Eating the eggs, startling the spiders...etc.
YouBet
AG
Man, talk about a Lighten Up Francis moment for some.

BY is a baby and an alien. We literally have one example of this species to model. And it's a force sentient species. How do we know they don't pop out without any moral compass or know right from wrong?

Maybe he's a burgeoning dark side Yoda or chaotically neutral until he's steered the right way.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
#cancelbabyoda
bobinator
AG
I think it was mostly that they specifically mentioned (twice?) that the eggs were the last of her family line or whatever. That made the Yodes snatching them up pretty dark.

Not enough to ruin the humor for me, but still.
Duncan Idaho
PatAg said:

I think the Frog lady talking is what is making those people feel upset.

The second they showed her with her eggs, I thought to myself "baby yoda is getting those eggs"

If you haven't been to the pacific islands and had long pig, you don't know what you are missing.
bobinator
AG
My theory on the spiders is that baby yoda did that **** on purpose. Using the force he knew that the Republic guys were still around so he instigated that whole thing to wipe out the spider colony. Maybe earlier in life he was traumatized by some spiders.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My theory is that The Child is actually Yoda but at some point goes into the past to become older Yoda.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Don't forget about yaddle!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yoda%27s_species

Wasn't there another Yoda that got rescued during the clone wars? Had an eye patch?
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Wasn't there another Yoda that got rescued during the clone wars? Had an eye patch?
I know but I don't count them.
redline248
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

He was a different species. Looks really similar, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.