**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

360,148 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So because it was predictable it wasn't good? Is that your measure of greatness? The predictability factor?
TheCougarHunter
AG
That Bolton shield wall was just...incredible. That and the burning men they put out there...just gave me the chills
Aggie_3
quote:
Welp, that was amazing.

They actually had me doubting that Jon was going to live, there were 20 times he could have taken the long dirt nap. Fantastic job on the battle scenes portraying the chaos of it all. Like many others, I was gasping for air for a second there as well.

Ramsey admitted that Jon's reputation was already spread, imagine what they will say about him now.

At one point my wife and I paused it at the part where the arrows landed around him and we counted they had 40 arrows land all around him within inches not one touching! At this point we both said yep he's now invincible!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I was going to walk out if Tormund died. He's become one of my favorite characters.
Tormund is one of those guys. I've met a few on the offshore drilling rigs like him. He's backward, he comes from some swamp in Louisiana or a backwoods farm in Mississippi. He has that far-off stare and unkempt hair, and just a dash of crazy to him, but he's mostly quiet. You might mistake that for him being a bit slow because of his drawl, but after you get to know him, and you show him what you're all about - supporting the team, making the "workplace" better, wanting everyone to succeed at their jobs - that person shows you he knows his **** on the rig better than anyone, he will help you do anything for stopping to take the time to understand his work and his way of doing things, and he becomes very loyal bordering on fanatical - just by showing him a little loyalty and interest.

I love these type of people, and they are so hard to spot and to crack - they take alot of effort, but it's totally worth it in the end (i've experienced this in the military, offshore, etc.)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Okay, so elephant in the room. The previews for next week mentioned Jon not knowing "what you did to him!" regarding the red witch.

The battle scene from the moment no arrows hit him, to when he was about to get run over by the charging horses to close call after close call in the battle, to somehow not getting trampled makes me think he's cursed with immortality at the cost of his soul.
Interesting theory... it's possible I suppose? Rhllor's version of the Night King?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
meh.
Not trolling, but I thought it was okay, and overall fairly predictable. I guess Bunk's apprehension has wore off on me. We all knew Jon wasn't going to die AGAIN. We all knew the Vale was going to come save the day, and we new Ramsay would die. So overall predictable.

I will say I have never been claustrophobic but I was about to have a panic attack when Jon was getting trampled. Kudos to the director for creating that emotion.

Also big time eye roll and overly cheesy when Yara and Dany "shook hands" reminded me of this...

well I guess you need to go watch a more epic and dramatic show........(i'll wait while you tell me what that is).

So I guess Saving Private Ryan opening scene was also meh and predictable....cuz you know the germans lose. i mean it's just storming a beach. big deal right.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Okay, so elephant in the room. The previews for next week mentioned Jon not knowing "what you did to him!" regarding the red witch.

The battle scene from the moment no arrows hit him, to when he was about to get run over by the charging horses to close call after close call in the battle, to somehow not getting trampled makes me think he's cursed with immortality at the cost of his soul.
Interesting theory... it's possible I suppose? Rhllor's version of the Night King?

ummmm. Davos clearly says "Tell him what you did to HER" only his pronunciation is "err".

He is talking to the red priestess and Jon is there. Thats about Shireen. From the Stag he found. Not about Jon.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
I think it has already been established that geography and the time it should take to travel hold no real bearing on this show.

You mean like Theon and Yara taking the red eye flight to Mereen and getting there in one episode?

It doesn't bother me but part of me was like. come on man.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Why would Jon be invincible? Beric Dondarrion is not...he has died and come back before only to die again. Jon even made the point of telling Melisandre not to raise him again and she said she would have to try.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Interesting clip.

Great cinemtography... I like seeing the raw how it's all sunny and beige; then the after affect - how all they blued the image and then added a black fuzzy edge to the whole scene to narrow the focus.
Aggie_3
That was the best filmed medieval style battle I've ever seen because it was so gruesome. They didn't whitewash anything the parts showing the horses colliding with men and other horses was amazing!
Sapper Redux
quote:
quote:
Love the expression on Lady Mormont's face here!

She almost looked like a 40 year old queen in that scene. Interesting girl they got to play her.

Got to imagine she's getting the Umber's lands.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I think it has already been established that geography and the time it should take to travel hold no real bearing on this show.

You mean like Theon and Yara taking the red eye flight to Mereen and getting there in one episode?

Actually you are WAY off.....it's been 4 episodes since they left the Iron Islands.

5. The Door - Theon and Yara steal the ships

6. Blood of My Blood - no story involving Theon and Yara

7.The Broken Man - Yara and theon show up in Volantis which is about 1/2 to 2/3 from Iron Islands to Mereen. Yara chastises Theon and enjoys a prostitute in a brothel

8. No One - no story involving Theon and Yara

9. Battle of the Batards - Theon and Yara arrive in Mereen

so ummmmm......yeah.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually you are WAY off.....it's been 4 episodes since they left the Iron Islands.

7.The Broken Man - Yara and theon show up in Volantis which is about 1/2 to 2/3 from Iron Islands to Mereen. Yara chastises Theon and enjoys a prostitute in a brothel

so ummmmm......yeah.
Stop it with your facts, no one is interested in those.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Sorry....maybe a username change is in order though?

Objective = (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
quote:
Love the expression on Lady Mormont's face here!

She almost looked like a 40 year old queen in that scene. Interesting girl they got to play her.

Got to imagine she's getting the Umber's lands.

Lyanna Mormont is on bad *****!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I cannot imagine sour goat's milk tasting good.
bobinator
AG
I'm going to rewatch that episode like six times this week
chipotle
How many of Lyanna's 62 guys made it out alive of that episode? 59? 60?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

I love Tormund....what did he call their wine "grape juice" or something like that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Grape water, if I remember correctly.

Confession: I watched the episode twice already.
Swarely
quote:

Wouldn't that just be yogurt?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea. I would think not.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:

Yeast cannot ferment lactose into alcohol. Bacteria is used to make yogurt and it does not produce alcohol. So unless they have magic strains in the Seven Kingdoms who knows what they're talking about.
Btron
AG
quote:
So because it was predictable it wasn't good? Is that your measure of greatness? The predictability factor?
No it was good, it had moments of good, just wasn't great, and my least favorite episode 9 of GOT. I'm not saying y'all are dumb or don't have taste. To me, it wasn't that great, but mostly I knew the "good guys" would win.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:
No it was good, it had moments of good, just wasn't great, and my least favorite episode 9 of GOT. I'm not saying y'all are dumb or don't have taste. To me, it wasn't that great, but mostly I knew the "good guys" would win.
You and everyone else. It's not why people are hyped about this episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This shot.
Trident 88
AG
It's probably already been said, but I wish that when Ramsey told Sansa said that his own dogs would never hurt him, Sansa had replied, "Those aren't your dogs that you hear growling, you bass turd."

Then, the camera pointed at Ramsey's bloody face pans slightly left and refocuses to show Ghost entering the room...

Bonus: We could spend 1-2 pages debating whether or not Jon might have warged into Ghost before this scene.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I "expected" the good guys would win. However, in my mind, it was a 50/50 proposition. I didn't see any way that they would kill off Jon Snow again. But, with this show, anythang goes.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Yeast cannot ferment lactose into alcohol. Bacteria is used to make yogurt and it does not produce alcohol. So unless they have magic strains in the Seven Kingdoms who knows what they're talking about.

It is a thing
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:
meh.
Not trolling, but I thought it was okay, and overall fairly predictable. I guess Bunk's apprehension has wore off on me. We all knew Jon wasn't going to die AGAIN. We all knew the Vale was going to come save the day, and we new Ramsay would die. So overall predictable.

I will say I have never been claustrophobic but I was about to have a panic attack when Jon was getting trampled. Kudos to the director for creating that emotion.

Also big time eye roll and overly cheesy when Yara and Dany "shook hands" reminded me of this...

well I guess you need to go watch a more epic and dramatic show........(i'll wait while you tell me what that is).

So I guess Saving Private Ryan opening scene was also meh and predictable....cuz you know the germans lose. i mean it's just storming a beach. big deal right.

I also knew Tom Hanks wasn't going to die in the open sequence of Saving Private Ryan. Also they didn't have dragons, and large wolf dogs. So I'm viewing GOT with a different lens.
I will say that there are plenty of shows that aren't as predictable as this episode of GOT is.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

so ummmmm......yeah.

Yep. What's actually been established pretty thoroughly is that a lot of people don't actually pay very close attention to plot details like this.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
True.

Why wouldn't Sansa tell Jon shed summoned the Vale forces? Wouldn't that have been useful news during battle planning?
I'm sure Jon will ask her that exact question next episode. If Sansa has learned anything by now, it's that she can only trust herself.
There's several reasons:
1. Had she received a positive from LF to affirm his coming to their aid?
2. She DID urge him to WAIT until he had more forces - he didn't listen. (would have been a good time to reveal she had written to LF)
3. She did not know the timing of the Vale's arrival (see 1) or whether they were coming at all...
MW03
AG
Greatest handshake in movie history.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
meh.

1. Agree
2. Agree - exact words to the wife who also agreed - suffocating feeling with panic attack (my wife is due in 2 days with Baby #2, and she thought this was going to send her over the edge - I told her to keep it in until the show was over )
3. I actually liked this scene - it made it seem as if no one had ever dared to touch Queen Daenarys and she didn't know what to do with an offered hand to shake. It was new to her, which is why she glanced back at Tyrion as if to ask-- do I?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.