**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,697 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If there is only 1 season left, there is going to be so much death next season on both sides. There could easily be an 'oh ****' moment in every episode.
There are two 8 episode seasons left.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
If there is only 1 season left, there is going to be so much death next season on both sides. There could easily be an 'oh ****' moment in every episode.
There are two 8 episode seasons left.

I think it's actually 13 total episodes (1 - 6 episode and 1 - 7 episode season)
Dro07
AG
I hate this split season crap. Will they be longer than 50 min?
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How was Varys back with Dany as they set sail? Was that a continuity error? If so, it's a pretty big one. If not, it really makes no sense.

just because they showed the scene 10 minutes earlier doesn't mean it took place 10 minutes earlier.
I know that. But it's still poorly edited to just have Varys back with the gang with no mention. Especially after there was big fanfare about him leaving. Not to mention it seems odd for him to return to Essos with Martell ships when they were already in Westeros.

Dorne would be the first place you hit if you are coming from Mereen. Obviously Dorne is aligning with Dany because they hate the Lannisters and were always sided with the Targaryens.

It's not a stretch to assume that the last scene Dany is already in Westeros. By Varys being there, it's probably exactly what you're supposed to assume. Especially if there were Dorne/Martell ships which I didn't notice but others have said there were.

Did you look at the sails? Tyrell, martel, iron fleet, targ.

They are heading somewhere.
chipotle
quote:

There's going to be no one left at the end. Just as melisandre asked jon what he saw after he died, he saw nothing. When the show ends...nothing. No one.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How was Varys back with Dany as they set sail? Was that a continuity error? If so, it's a pretty big one. If not, it really makes no sense.

just because they showed the scene 10 minutes earlier doesn't mean it took place 10 minutes earlier.
I know that. But it's still poorly edited to just have Varys back with the gang with no mention. Especially after there was big fanfare about him leaving. Not to mention it seems odd for him to return to Essos with Martell ships when they were already in Westeros.

Dorne would be the first place you hit if you are coming from Mereen. Obviously Dorne is aligning with Dany because they hate the Lannisters and were always sided with the Targaryens.

It's not a stretch to assume that the last scene Dany is already in Westeros. By Varys being there, it's probably exactly what you're supposed to assume. Especially if there were Dorne/Martell ships which I didn't notice but others have said there were.

They are heading somewhere. It doesn't have to be dorne. They could be leaving dorne and heading to kings landing
DannyDuberstein
AG
Production time and cost is about to go way up with all of the dragon, white walker, destruction, etc. required to take this thing to the end.
Federale01
AG
It's going to be awesome to see who they serve when Varys gets back.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
There's going to be no one left at the end. Just as melisandre asked jon what he saw after he died, he saw nothing. When the show ends...nothing. No one.
I'm sticking with this theory as well. One constant theme of this show is how everyone has plans to gain power and control their destiny in some way - but it always goes to **** eventually. I think it ends with no one and the scene of the empty throne and semi-destroyed, snow-covered hall that Dany dreamed in an earlier season.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They are heading somewhere. It doesn't have to be dorne. They could be leaving dorne and heading to kings landing

I didn't notice the sails other than the Targaryen sigil, but I believe you... And yes, I think that the sailing scene indicates she already landed in Dorne, rallied the squad, and now they're heading to King's Landing.

So who do you think get's the honor of taking Cersei out? Arya? Tyrion? I'm throwing a wild card and saying it's gonna be Jamie.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm sticking with this theory as well. One constant theme of this show is how everyone has plans to gain power and control their destiny in some way - but it always goes to **** eventually. I think it ends with no one and the scene of the empty throne and semi-destroyed, snow-covered hall that Dany dreamed in an earlier season.

i dont think its snow covered, i think that its ash covered...which changes the narrative to nothing to kingslanding just got burned down.
LHIOB
AG
I think Donre sent their ships with Verys and now she is leaving The Bay of Dragons (awesome) and heading to Donre where they have given her place for her troops to enter Westeros. She also has the Tyrells on her side who I think will be attacking Casterly Rock.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The wind is howling and then she steps out into the winter to enter the tent with Kahl Drogo.
powerbelly
AG

quote:
So who do you think get's the honor of taking Cersei out? Arya? Tyrion? I'm throwing a wild card and saying it's gonna be Jamie.
I don't think that is a wild card at all
chipotle
quote:
So who do you think get's the honor of taking Cersei out?

Alcohol poisoning. Or cirrhosis
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah I guess, you're right
DannyDuberstein
AG
So does an actress saying the line "I **** my brother because I like the way he feels inside me" go into the audition tape?
bobinator
AG
It would seem to make more sense for the Dornish fleet to have joined Dany's fleet en route (why would they travel all the way to Meereen just to backtrack?) but I agree that final scene had a feel of "setting out" to it. Can you imagine having to pose at the front of the ship with Dany every single day? That would get tedious.

"Oh we're doing the pose thing again, okay everyone line up and stare out into the distance."

But we have a lot of people travelling long distances quickly these days. Arya got all the way from Bravos to the Twins.

The time issue that bothers me more than Varys is Jamie. He went from riverrun to the twins and to Kings Landing in the span of a couple of days.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Its def jamie. He killed the mad king to stop him from burning down the city... the look he had at the end was of disgust and disappointment. Everything he did to save the city from catching fire is gone. He has been labeled a traitor for doing that and has lived it his whole life but I think felt it was fine because he saved the city.
Independent George
AG
quote:
quote:
Its def jamie. He killed the mad king to stop him from burning down the city... the look he had at the end was of disgust and disappointment. Everything he did to save the city from catching fire is gone. He has been labeled a traitor for doing that and has lived it his whole life but I think felt it was fine because he saved the city. I think he is the "younger" brother that fulfills the prophecy
also the conversation with Walder Frey tells me he is fed up with getting talked about in a bad way and his general perception he gives off.

I hope we get a solid redemption out of him at some point. It has been a roller coaster ride with that arc but very enjoyable as well. (could be because of Bronn too though)
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
It would seem to make more sense for the Dornish fleet to have joined Dany's fleet en route (why would they travel all the way to Meereen just to backtrack?) but I agree that final scene had a feel of "setting out" to it. Can you imagine having to pose at the front of the ship with Dany every single day? That would get tedious.

"Oh we're doing the pose thing again, okay everyone line up and stare out into the distance."

But we have a lot of people travelling long distances quickly these days. Arya got all the way from Bravos to the Twins.

The time issue that bothers me more than Varys is Jamie. He went from riverrun to the twins and to Kings Landing in the span of a couple of days.
Where are you getting these short timelines from? Should they stick to real time timelines? If so, many of us and most of the actors would be dead before season 57 ended.
trueaggie2782
AG
My ending:

The WW and everyone go to war. Almost all main players are killed except the night king, dany, and jon. We find out that the night king can't be killed with fire, dragon glass, or valarian steel. He proceeds to kill dany and jon to claim victory. What he doesn't realize is that Sam has found, through all his reading in the library, the only way to kill the night King. Which he does and secures the throne for himself. Long live King Sam, queen Gilly, and prince Sam.
Independent George
AG
Then Gendry shows up having rowed around the world and kills Sam to take his rightful spot on the throne.
bobinator
AG
It doesn't really bother me that much, I was just pointing out how there's a lot of internet talk about Varys going from Meereen to Dorne and potentially back to Meereen (or else Dany's fleet is already past Dorne which is also a big fast forward), but nobody seems to be talking about how Jamie went from Riverrun, to the Twins, to Kings Landing crazy fast also.

It's not a big deal to me, just pointing out that if it IS a big deal to you, then there's other issues than just how fast Varys is getting around.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
Its def jamie. He killed the mad king to stop him from burning down the city... the look he had at the end was of disgust and disappointment. Everything he did to save the city from catching fire is gone. He has been labeled a traitor for doing that and has lived it his whole life but I think felt it was fine because he saved the city. I think he is the "younger" brother that fulfills the prophecy

What was the prophecy? I remember that all her kids would die. And that a younger, prettier queen would usurp her (right)? Which she thought was Margaery, but looks like it's Dany instead.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't understand the board's obsession with Gendry rowing
Federale01
AG
With the way Jamie looked at her at the end of the coronation scene and the fact they are both finally admitting what they are, I think it's Jamie as well.
chipotle
quote:
My ending:

The WW and everyone go to war. Almost all main players are killed except the night king, dany, and jon. We find out that the night king can't be killed with fire, dragon glass, or valarian steel. He proceeds to kill dany and jon to claim victory. What he doesn't realize is that Sam has found, through all his reading in the library, the only way to kill the night King. Which he does and secures the throne for himself. Long live King Sam, queen Gilly, and prince Sam.

Sam stumbled upon the pron stash in the Citadel. He's going to be busy...while Gily and her kid wait patiently outside.
chipotle
quote:
I don't understand the board's obsession with Gendry rowing

PJ tucker
Dro07
AG
nothing never mind didn't realize this was just the show thread
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

It does make sense because - they did not have enough ships.

Once Dany took the masters ships she asks Tyrion if she has enough ships....and he says maybe. So presumably they needed a few more to be sure.

Jamie's travels are not that far relatively - those are all a few hundred miles apart at most in the middle of Westeros continent.

As for Arya - she left a couple of episodes ago. Braavos is the closest place to Westeros on Essos and especially up north you can sail right in around The Neck and be very close to The Twins.. And it's NOT necessarily linearly parallel anyway. Just because they showed her story arc over 8 episodes up until she left does not mean thats the same time as other things in episode 8. All it means is she left there sometime before showing up at the Twins. they just sometimes choose to show different stories at different times for dramatic license. It is fine as long as nothing is out of order when connected or crossed but you can;t assume any timelines otherwise.

And as for Varys. they showed him in Dorne obviously sometime after the events of KL - because Olenna knew about the slaughter at KL. But then it cuts away and we have scenes in the north (king of the north) and Cersei being crowned which was not necessarily the same day just because she wore the same dress and back to Dany sailing out of Meereen with Dornish ships. WHY do you assume that was just like the next day? It could have been 2 weeks or a month later - there was no context for time given there.

La Bamba
AG
So does the North just chill until the WW come down? Will anything going down in the South/KL urge them to leave their post? I think the beginning of next season will be an internal struggle with LF but when they catch wind of what's going on in KL will they act, prepare a defense against Dany, or try to negotiate?
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
You need to erase your post
Dro07
AG
edited that part out
trueaggie2782
AG
quote:
Then Gendry shows up having rowed around the world and kills Sam to take his rightful spot on the throne.

The biggest c-block ever. At least it would be the right person for the job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.