**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,705 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
boy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
so now it's becoming the type of fast-paced entertainment better suited for peeple hoo dont reed to well.
Look at me, I can read books.
I know you're just trying to be funny, but both of my points are valid:

• The folks who haven't read the books want the show to move faster than those who have read them.
  • Fewer people make time to read these days. It's a shame, but reading takes too much time away from videogames, Facebook, Netflix, the recordings stacking up on their DVR, etc.

No one here cares. If we wanted to read the books, we would.
Independent George
AG
Same old stuff, super smart book readers cant help but tell everyone how many details we are missing out on by not reading the books.

Seriously though, books should move slow. A television show should not all the time and has to speed up at a certain point.
smokeythebear
AG
So could you fill in why they call him Jorah the Andal? I've never really understood why he's considered an Andal and why that is something significant enough to include in his title. Are there not any other leftover Andals?
mikefromdilley
AG
So Bran and Meera are essentially alone North of the Wall. I think their only hope is a return of Benjen in some form or fashion, otherwise he's heading straight towards being transformed into a WW himself. It would be cool to see them taken back to the Ice Castle that was revealed earlier in the series, but I'm sure that's doubtful since it's so far, far North. But who knows?
boy09
AG
quote:
So could you fill in why they call him Jorah the Andal? I've never really understood why he's considered an Andal and why that is something significant enough to include in his title. Are there not any other leftover Andals?
That's just what the Dothraki call him because he is from Westeros.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
That's just what the Dothraki call him because he is from Westeros.
Gotcha, that makes sense.
MW03
AG
I'm very excited about more fake sansa.

Also, did fake tyrion drink the rum alongside fake cersei?
PooDoo
AG
Has Jon Snow killed 1 or 2 White Walkers?

Fat Sam got 1... Now the sister in the tree.

Am I missing any others?

This has got to end with the Starks teaming up with Dany to fight the White Walkers, right?
boy09
AG
Jon Snow killed 1 at Hardhome with Longclaw.

Sam Killed 1 with the dragon glass dagger.

Meera killed one with dragon glass (i assume) tipped spear.
Independent George
AG

quote:
I have this weird feeling that the final scene of bran is him talking to Ned through the weirwood trees, comforting his father, guiding his father. The final whisper: winter is coming.
Nice theory, that would be a nice way to end it following a massive dragon and WW battle.
The Debt
Idk if the NK was hibernating or they were just chilling. The magicians of qarth claimed the eggs reawakened their magic, but the TER, WWs, faceless men have all been doing magical things prior to s1e10 (not to mention blood magic that killed drogo)
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Idk if the NK was hibernating or they were just chilling. The magicians of qarth claimed the eggs reawakened their magic, but the TER, WWs, faceless men have all been doing magical things prior to s1e10 (not to mention blood magic that killed drogo)
Thought it all began with the red meteor in Ep.1?
The Debt
Thatwas s2e1. Remember bran was asking osha what it meant.

Bran: some say x some say y
Osha: that can only mean one thing: dragons

But even so, the prologue with the nights watch rangers being killed happens before that. Faceless men have been operating for centuries uninterrupted
FbgTxAg
Independent George
AG
I think it revealed pretty clearly that Arya is not ready to be a faceless person due to her clinging to the past.

I hope that she doesnt but kinda seems like her choice is either be an assassin and serve the many faced god, or death. No way she could escape or leave right?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Another thing that hasn't gotten any attention yet is Yarra taking the Iron Islands fleet. So is she heading off to find Dany? Not sure where else she could be headed.
TCTTS
AG
https://ventrellaquest.com/2014/04/20/got-got/
combat wombat™
AG
Yeah, I don't want Arya to become one of the faceless men.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
https://ventrellaquest.com/2014/04/20/got-got/
SwigAg11
Southlake
Danny has no ships so you can project the Iron Fleet supporting Dany and the Jets. (See what I did there?

Ben is the leader of the White Walkers. (You heard it here first)
wangus12
AG
quote:
This is just background info. Children of the Forest were the only ones in Westeros at on time and there was a land bridge between Dorne and Essos. The First men crossed this land bridge and began to invade Westeros and burn the weirwood trees which created a long drawn-out war between the two. The CotF used magic to destroy the land bridge. They tried to do this again at the Neck as the First Men continued to push the CotF farther north. They failed, but this is why the Neck is flooded marshlands. They eventually fought to a standstill and brokered a peace that lasted thousands of years. Slowly the First Men adopted the Old Gods of the Children of the Forest. The even fought the WW's during a massive war that ended with Battle for the Dawn and the "Last Hero" aka Prince that was Promised/Azor Ahai driving the Others back and the building of the Wall/founding the NW.

The Andals invaded sometime later and slowly captured all of the South below the Neck while the First Men retained the North. Once everything settled, everyone lived normally. The Andals brought the knightly culture to Westeros so possibly the reason he is called Jorah the Andal is because he is a knight.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Yeah, I don't want Arya to become one of the faceless men.
She won't. They're setting it up for her to part ways with them. The question is whether or not she will survive when this happens.
Southlake
Funny and ironic that non book readers questions for clarification and background are answered by a book reader and then non book readers whine and cry that a book reader mentioned something only book reader would know....Geez

Just shut up and enjoy the threads...
Teddy Perkins
AG
House Slate on Game of Thrones: The Mind-Blowing Events of "The Door," Explained

The commentary in the video linked above has some great background and theories about where everything is going.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Independent George
AG
Much needed scene in last nights episode!
marble rye
AG
quote:
Danny has no ships so you can project the Iron Fleet supporting Dany and the Jets. (See what I did there?

Ben is the leader of the White Walkers. (You heard it here first)

They showed the CoTF creating the Night King. That happened way before Benjen's birth.
Really???
quote:
I just don't understand why Bran was in that greenseer vision? Why wouldn't he just come back and then regular warg Hodor like he's done before? Why did he have to try and warg the younger Hodor?

They explained this in the after show. Stop reading if you think that constitutes a spoiler.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION DOES NOT COME FROM THE BOOKS.

The Three Eyed Crow was "uploading" all his force powers to Bran while he was in his Greenseeing state. The producers acted like this was obvious but I don't think anyone picked up on it.

END TOTAL NON SPOILER
Squirrel Master
AG
Glad everyone seems to agree it was a pretty great episode (and there have been many pretty great episodes this year).

Hodor with the very unexpected great origin scene/death scene all at once. The long game of his name, and learning this way how it came to be was perfectly executed. When the kid fell down and screamed "Hold the door" the first time, my eyes went big. For a simple character, brilliantly told story.

I am left wondering whats left for Bran and Meera. Where can she possibly take him? Also, the time travel/past vision scenes with him and the Raven were some of the most interesting and satisfying scenes of the season so far. Will they go to a new tree to see more? Is that even something they could do?

Literally the only thing I could think about during the Jorah/Dany scene was how great she looked and how she should give him some goodbye nookie. Alas, that was not his fate.

The Iron Islands being reintroduced this year had me wondering if that was the best use of our time, but those scenes this week were great. I guess I'm not bothered like others about Euron's sudden appearance... we've barely spent any time with the Greyjoys outside of Theon. With his "galavanting' about, not sure how we could have been meaningfully introduced to him anyways. That crowning ceremony was ridiculous. I agree the immediate urgency to kill Yara and Theon seemed ridiculous, but also thought their immediately sailing away was weird too... what's the plan? I don't think they have one.

Curious about the Blackfish and if this story is true or not. But I like that we're about to get some travels and continue the setup for the coming battle at Winterfell.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
I think it revealed pretty clearly that Arya is not ready to be a faceless person due to her clinging to the past.

I hope that she doesnt but kinda seems like her choice is either be an assassin and serve the many faced god, or death. No way she could escape or leave right?
We thought that about Jon too, though, right?
Really???
Jorah has an incredibly infectious disease spread by touch. I think his nookie days are over.
Joan Wilder
AG
I think their "plan" was "don't get murdered by Uncle JustShowedUp" It is interesting how many seemed to go with them.

I just hope we're done with the sand snakes.

What is "green-seeing?" I missed that in the show.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
quote:

We thought that about Jon too, though, right?
I just don't see how GRRM would be interested at all in killing off Arya. My guess is that she will ultimately decide to leave the Faceless Men, and/or Jaqen and the blonde will end up either believing she's dead or kicking her out without killing her for some reason.
Really???
quote:

What is "green-seeing?" I missed that in the show.

The viewing the past thing Bran and the Three Eyed Crow can do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.