**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,728 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J'quen appears, to me, to have a soft spot for Arya.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, remember, the waif has it out for Arya. She is WANTING to kill her. Jaquen only kills when he has a reason to, it's not for personal vengeance. I still think that Arya kills the waif, hence her getting needle back but that makes sense to.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Waif's dislike of Arya seems a little extreme to be random. What if she used to be someone that hated Arya (or the Starks) for some reason?
Goldie Wilson
quote:
The Waif's dislike of Arya seems a little extreme to be random. What if she used to be someone that hated Arya (or the Starks) for some reason?
I took it as a general disdain for high borns
powerbelly
AG
Has this been a test for the Waif? She clearly is too passionate in her hatred of Arya and all highborns.
Independent George
AG
Could be on to something there.

That could be a reason for J'quen to interfere with the waif. The waif let her past control her thoughts and behavior. Its quite obvious that J'quen is relaxed and doesn't let emotion take him while the waif certainly struggles with that.
Sex Panther
AG
Like they said on After The Thrones, Arya has been getting special treatment from Ja'qen and the Waif probably resents her for it.
HtownAg92
AG
Did anyone else find it strange to hear Walder Frey refer to "The Red Wedding" as "The Red Wedding"? I thought that was just what it became known as on the show, thanks to book readers. Didn't know that it was actually called that in the GoT universe.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
After The Thrones said it was like someone quoting themselves. Seems a bit full of himself, that one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Has this been a test for the Waif? She clearly is too passionate in her hatred of Arya and all highborns.
Ooh, I like this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Y'all remember this shot in the trailer of Arya jumping across an alley, Bourne style?

I bet the fight starts in the dungeon, Waif is outmatched and tries to flee. Arya chases her across the city.

Don't know about y'all but I think this could be badass.
tk for tu juan
That is closer to Assassin Creed's style
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe, but it's almost straight out of Bourne Ultimatum.

Rudyjax
AG
Arya wants to kill the people on her list. She doesn't want to kill someone because someone is jealous of them.

Serious Lee
quote:
quote:
Arya went full Bruce Wayne

Rich kid gets all angsty when her parents are killed

Goes to another continent to learn how to be a ninja

Falls in with assassins, becomes a badass, then when they tell her to kill someone to finish her training, she balks and will probably burn their house down

Now she'll head back to Westeros and fight Superman
does that mean she fights Jon Snow or Night King though????
i was thinking the mountain. hes on her list right? and didnt cersei just mention her trial by combat? arya could get two birds with one stone there.
Btron
AG
BenJen's rescue was badass. His ball of flame was perfect against those dead beasts.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Falls in with assassins, becomes a badass, then when they tell her to kill someone to finish her training, she balks and will probably burn their house down

i was thinking the mountain. hes on her list right? and didnt cersei just mention her trial by combat? arya could get two birds with one stone there.

The Mountain is Doomsday... He's a reanimated corpse who is unstoppable.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Mountain is Doomsday... He's a reanimated corpse who is unstoppable.

Wrong metaphor, you have chosen.

Counterpoint
AG
quote:

J'quan in invincible. Except when he is captured and needs Arya's help to escape.

smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now THIS I could get behind! But remind me, why was the Mountain on her list? I know he's killed a lot of people, but I don't remember him killing anyone SHE liked (as hard as that is to believe).
boogieman
AG
Insubordinate!
and Churlish!
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now THIS I could get behind! But remind me, why was the Mountain on her list? I know he's killed a lot of people, but I don't remember him killing anyone SHE liked (as hard as that is to believe).
When Arya was posing as a boy at Harrenhall, the mountain and his two associates would pick people and torture them (mainly to get info). I think they tortured one of Hot Pie's friends for info and they kept torturing him even after he gave up the info.
COOL LASER FALCON
She also admitted during her training that she had taken the Hound off of her list.

Oh, y'all were talking about the Mountain, not the hound. I'm dumb. Carry on.
Independent George
AG
I am trying to think now of who all she had J'quen kill during that time. How did the mountain not make her list at that point? There were three.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Every time I rewatch the series, it annoys me that Arya didn't list Tywin right off the bat.
Serious Lee
quote:
I am trying to think now of who all she had J'quen kill during that time. How did the mountain not make her list at that point? There were three.
the first was the main guy that was torturing prisoners at harrenhal. the second was someone who was suspicious of her after she had just been caught stealing a letter from tywin. he got a dart to the neck right as he was going to meet tywin. she named jaqen as her third victim after he stated he wouldnt help her escape, but then agreed to take his name off the list in exchange for helping her escape harrenhal. i think she wanted tywin as her third but he had already left harrenhal at that point.
Independent George
AG
quote:
quote:
the first was the main guy that was torturing prisoners at harrenhal. the second was someone who was suspicious of her after she had just been caught stealing a letter from tywin. he got a dart to the neck right as he was going to meet tywin. she named jaqen as her third victim after he stated he wouldnt help her escape, but then agreed to take his name off the list in exchange for helping her escape harrenhal. i think she wanted tywin as her third but he had already left harrenhal at that point.
Thanks, nice refresher. I should rewatch that whole sequence.
R0GUE
AG
Their names were Tickler and Amory Lorch respectively, incidentally.
FbgTxAg
AG
All this talk of Ayra reminds me....

Where's Gendry? Still floating around in that skiff? It's been over a year in GOT time.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Gendry is the key to it all.

Dany needs a fleet to invade Westeros, right? Just imagine how good Gendry is at rowing now. Plus he has magic kings blood, so they can always just put a leech on his ding dong when they need a game changer.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
Every time I rewatch the series, it annoys me that Arya didn't list Tywin right off the bat.

How many times have you rewatched the series?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two or three times, not sure.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I've seen the first season a couple times. Not sure I could power through the whole series at this point.
TXAGFAN
AG
There is so much great tv...I cannot imagine rewatching any TV series. Maybe Band of Brothers?
Rudyjax
AG
GoT is better the second time thru. So much foreshadowing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.