**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,712 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
everything that happened north of the wall was terrible. I mean sub par - terrible, not Ros getting killed terrible.

The FX looked horrible and ,sorry but, the way hodor became hodor was stupid

Cromagnum
AG
quote:
everything that happened north of the wall was terrible. I mean sub par - terrible, not Ros getting killed terrible.

Go read the book and you can imagine it however you like.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jackass2004
AG
This was a pretty cool episode. Even though we understand what happened, the extent of the power or when he can control it is still unclear.

The only reason Bran did what he did to Hodor was because of the warning his mentor told him to listen to. The warning of course was in the present and then conveyed to his warg state in the past. This is not fate nor an inclination of things to come. Bran merely reacted to an event while spanning two times! While it may seem Hodor's only purpose in life was to hold the door, it was simply caused by Bran wargin Hodor in the time line he was in.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:

Leave the thread.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
I'm thinking that Bran had to have messed up little Hodor when he looked at him. Why else did the three eyed Raven take him there? Surely not just to show his father leaving for the Eyrie. There was no other reason than for him to be there than to learn that he could go back and change the past to help himself in the present.
he did not change the past. he caused the past.
there is a difference.

He caused the past before he was in existence. (?)

Anyone notice how cool the TER was with the NK marking Bran, it's almost as if he knew it would come to pass. The TER sees past and future, and all is predestined/predetermined. Everyone is merely playing out their roles
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm thinking that Bran had to have messed up little Hodor when he looked at him. Why else did the three eyed Raven take him there? Surely not just to show his father leaving for the Eyrie. There was no other reason than for him to be there than to learn that he could go back and change the past to help himself in the present.
he did not change the past. he caused the past.
there is a difference.

He caused the past before he was in existence. (?)

Anyone notice how cool the TER was with the NK marking Bran, it's almost as if he knew it would come to pass. The TER sees past and future, and all is predestined/predetermined. Everyone is merely playing out their roles
I gotta admit that I love trying to predict where all the story arcs are going to go. I am sure most people do.

But the whole thing going on with Bran and WWs and everything North of the Wall has me completely baffled. I have no idea what to think or even what COULD happen. I start throwing in predetermined fates and whatnot and I really start to get a headache.

At least Bran's story is getting interesting again. Gotta say they lost me there for a bit.
The Debt
This is fantasy and GRRM is playing with the hardest pill to swallow (for us) in regards to prophesy. Do we have full agency (free will)? In a world where prophesy exists, you dont have agency. To a 4th dimensional being, everything (including future events) has already happened.

Bran's eternal fate is rather uncertain (ironic) to me. Either
1) he survives the WWs, carries on the oracle/weirwood/4thdimensional wisdom/existence forever or imparts it another. (Ultimate life)
2) the multigenerational oracle (TER->Bran) does have an end/death, which may or may not be tied to all life in GOTs, the cosmic end. (Ultimate death)
3) the multigenerational oracle dies, presumably by WWs, and its existence was merely a just another killable dragon/prince/soldier (Finite existence)

It all seems plausible to me, #1 & #2 seem very Fire/Ice. #3 seems very GRRM to me. "Oh everything has purpose, whoopsie there went its head!"
The Debt
What is truly intriguing is the timeline here

Scenario #1
1) Children of the Forest exist, Weirwood trees exist
2) Andals (man) come to westeros, kill Children
3) Children create WWs to kill man
4) Some Andal has the ability to warg and wargs with the Weirwood trees, becomes the Oracle, can see 1-inifinity
5) happy ending

Scenario #2
1) Weirwood trees exist
2) Children come into existence, reside in trees
3) Andals come to Westeros, kill Children
4) Children create WWs to kill man,
5) Some Andal becomes the Weirwood-incarnate (in the flesh) (same as #4 from first scenario)
6) Weirwoods serve eviction notices to the Children living inside her
7) Weirwoods serve eviction notice to all things. It is the Many Faced God; it is Death.

The mindfck of scenario 2 is: did the Weirwood bring the Andals here to end life? This whole thing is a response to the Children. hahah. We like to think the Children and the Tree are symbiotic or friendly, but no one ASKED the tree. How would you feel is some parasites started living in you and making doorways through your flesh?
Trident 88
AG
I'm obviously in the minority here, but I was much too focused on whether or not Hodor could hold the door long enough for Meera and Bran to escape than I was on the painful death that Hodor had to endure. Unless the WW king calls off the wights, I don't see how Meera and Bran can make their get-away.

Also, props to Sansa ripping LF a new one in Moles Town:
"If you didn't know, you're an idiot. If you did know, you're my enemy."
"Would you like to hear about my wedding night?...What do you think he did to me?... I can still feel what he did in my body standing here right now."
"I don't believe you anymore. I don't need you anymore. You can't protect me. You wouldn't even be able to protect yourself if I tell Brienne to cut you down."
Trident 88
AG
When Arya asks why Lady Crane should be killed, Jaqen asks, "Does death only come for the wicked and leave the decent behind?"

It sure seems to lend credence to the theory that Arya will eventually be asked to kill someone she REALLY doesn't want to kill.
jbanda
AG
What really sucks is that this season is already half over. Seems like it just started.
Goldie Wilson
Did anybody else think that Littlefinger was lying to Sansa about Brynden and the Tully armies?
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
When Arya asks why Lady Crane should be killed, Jaqen asks, "Does death only come for the wicked and leave the decent behind?"

It sure seems to lend credence to the theory that Arya will eventually be asked to kill someone she REALLY doesn't want to kill.
She may have already reached that point. Lady Crane doesn't deserve assassination. It's even probable that the Fake Sansa actress paid for the hit out of jealousy. How will Arya reconcile being just another paid assassin?
LHIOB
AG
Its been 11 hours and no one has posted pics of actress Sansa?

Shame...
Ragoo
AG
A++++++ tits, will rewatch them again.
Joan Wilder
AG
I've become really uninterested in Arya's story. When she first went to gain skills to kill her enemies it was kind of cool, but I don't want to see her become a faceless assassin for hire.

Good call on this thread about Iron Islands joining with Dany. I loved that Yara stole their ships.

Tormund + Brienne = forever.

Sansa is reminding me so much of Catelynn and that's not a compliment. Why trust Littlefinger's Intel with no corroboration? She just read him the riot act on how he betrayed her, then takes his info and acts on it immediately?
Trident 88
AG
I'm referring to the theory that she will be asked to kill a family member, not just an actress who she thinks may not deserve to be killed.
Joan Wilder
AG
So, Jaquen acts as if they're serving the MFG and this is some higher calling...but they're basically killers for hire. They want Arya to leave her self behind so she can kill anyone she's asked to, without feeling. To me, it's hard to want that for Arya Stark. And she doesn't want it...so let's stop dragging this story out b

And I'll say it, that alpine hairdo is not a good look for her.

Sepinwall has a great write up as always:
http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-game-of-thrones-presents-a-secret-origin-and-tragic-death-all-behind-the-door
boy09
AG
quote:
Good call on this thread about Iron Islands joining with Dany.

And then I said it wasn't likely because Pyke and Mereen are on opposite ends of the world. Swing and a miss...
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

this is a show only thread, correct?
The Debt
quote:

Shame...

More proof the book readers are better fans
Swarely
quote:

Also, props to Sansa ripping LF a new one in Moles Town:
"If you didn't know, you're an idiot. If you did know, you're my enemy."
"Would you like to hear about my wedding night?...What do you think he did to me?... I can still feel what he did in my body standing here right now."
"I don't believe you anymore. I don't need you anymore. You can't protect me. You wouldn't even be able to protect yourself if I tell Brienne to cut you down."

That gave me pause. I wonder if she's preggers.

Also, what was the reason she gave Brienne for lying to Jon?
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
I didn't read Reddit, but I suppose it isn't a novel concept. I think plenty of people have the theory Bran went back and did something to drive the king crazy, but this week's episode gives further proof to that theory. Aka, what effects are possible and how that directly correlates with what we know the Mad King was repeatedly saying when he died. I do think it was the Three Eyed Raven though, not Bran.
In an earlier season, I believe I remember a mention that the Mad King heard voices....correct? Could this have been the Three Eyed Raven communicating with him?
Trident 88
AG
I don't remember the reason. I don't think she answered Brienne's question.
Joan Wilder
AG
Exactly - I questioned if the Iron Islanders would be interested in joining Dany, or even know what she was up to, since it seemed to me they were pretty isolated on the west side of Westeros.

So..good call on that.
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

this is a show only thread, correct?
I believe the point of the response was although the show tends to take it's own path at times, the events from the latest episode were tied to the books. The book is much more detailed about how the events went down, hence the "imagine it however you like". I haven't read the books...just how I translated that.
Mucho austin
AG
quote:
quote:

Shame...

More proof the book readers are better fans

What? Are they posting "( . )( . )" over there? Are those the boobs in the books?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sentinel
AG
There was also a scene in the preview with Yara in the brothel. Definitely was somewhere east.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't understand why Sansa wouldn't march on WF with the Army of the Vale, then go after LF after the battle. Surely, once she reveals that he killed Lysa, even Robin would want him dead.

Dumb move.
COOL LASER FALCON
The only thing I didn't like about this episode was Euron's response to Theon and Yara taking the ships.

"We'll be right on their tail! All we have to do is build 1,000 ships first."
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
I can't understand why Sansa wouldn't march on WF with the Army of the Vale, then go after LF after the battle. Surely, once she reveals that he killed Lysa, even Robin would want him dead.

Dumb move.

She was pretty blunt about it...she doesn't trust him, especially after leaving her with Ramsey. He has always had his own motives and the Starks have never benefitted from them. No reason why she should start believing him now.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Why does she believe his story about her uncle? She can't trust him but immediately believes that her uncle has raised an army.
Swarely
quote:
The only thing I didn't like about this episode was Euron's response to Theon and Yara taking the ships.

"We'll be right on their tail! All we have to do is build 1,000 ships first."

How about drowning your future king and just hoping he doesn't die?

Also, I'd like to put into consideration for worst line in the series "where are my niece and nephew? Let's go murder them!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.