**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,715 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Yes...no more heirs to the throne

Um, Jaime Lannister? Tyrion Lannister?
Neither has any claim to the throne. They're Lannisters, not Baratheons or Targaryens. Cersei's claim rests solely on her being the Queen Mother.

Yes, I understand. I thought the original comment I quoted was in response to why Lancelot had to die. Besides, isn't person 9/10ths of the law?
jbanda
AG
Also, after what just went down, who TF is going to stop her? Try and you'll have your head taken off.
mhayden
So were the last few scenes where Jon was being hailed king in the north and them panning to Littlefinger supposed to imply that since Sansa was not seizing power that there's a good chance LF tries to prevent Jon's rise?
marble rye
AG
It appears Dany is best soothed with female alliances. Perhaps Sansa will foster her agreement with the North.
TresPuertas
AG
Something I've yet to see discussed:

Did Cersei use all the Wildfire (or whatever the explosive green stuff is called) to take out the high septer and the temple?

Reason I ask is that the last time a naval assault on kings landing occurred the only thing that saved the city was using it on the incoming fleet.

We've now seen a massive fleet is on its way and the city is going to be pretty much a
Sitting duck without this stuff right?

Just another brilliant move by Cersei focusing only on revenge and will likely have some really bad consequences
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:
How was Varys back with Dany as they set sail? Was that a continuity error? If so, it's a pretty big one. If not, it really makes no sense.

just because they showed the scene 10 minutes earlier doesn't mean it took place 10 minutes earlier.
I know that. But it's still poorly edited to just have Varys back with the gang with no mention. Especially after there was big fanfare about him leaving. Not to mention it seems odd for him to return to Essos with Martell ships when they were already in Westeros.
Ghost91

How bad is it that my instant reaction to this scene was "this will be turned into a gif that will be used a million times on the TexAgs Football board when the season starts?
chipotle
So much blood. I can rest happily for a year now.
TX_AG_10
AG
Regarding Dany's fleet... What are the chances they run into Euron Greyjoy's fleet that is presumably on their way to meet Dany? Would Euron try and fight her?

There's no way that Euron would defeat Dany's army let alone get past her Dragons. But if he does "catch the dragons sleeping", so to speak, I can see him depleting her resources enough for her to reconsider an invasion on King's Landing. Can't wait till next season!
RAT90
AG
quote:
just because they showed the scene 10 minutes earlier doesn't mean it took place 10 minutes earlier. I know that. But it's still poorly edited to just have Varys back with the gang with no mention. Especially after there was big fanfare about him leaving. Not to mention it seems odd for him to return to Essos with Martell ships when they were already in Westeros.

I think Varys left before the masters fleet showed up. He may not have known they had enough ships for all of Dany's foot soldiers and cavalry. I think the purpose of his trip was to secure an alliance and bring back ships for transport.
Madman
AG
My dumb question.

What was the rumor spoken of by Cersie and her Maester? Was it the existence of more green fire?
Objective Aggie
AG
Whatever slight plot flaws might be in the background get drowned out by so much awesome.

Cersei blows up a good percentage of her enemies (and her families remains by the way)
We have our first major suicide
We learrn Jon's heritage
Jon takes Robb's place as King of the North
Melisandre is banished
Momma Tyrell makes a treaty with Dorne
Samwell is in heaven
Arya Stark strikes an important name from her list

And the opening scene was just masterfully shot. From the music. To the scenery. To the overhead shots. It had a Godfather "things are going down" feel.

All on the heels of last week's epic battle(s)

So yeah, if Arya is really left handed but killed with her right hand this week, I failed to notice.

SO. MUCH. AWESOME.
marble rye
AG
quote:
My dumb question.

What was the rumor spoken of by Cersie and her Maester? Was it the existence of more green fire?

Yes
Madman
AG
I don't keep up with any of the off screen rumors until now and just texags. I was thinking they found dirt on the high sparrow. Dirt they would spring during the trial.
Rocagnante
AG
True, but I'm glad they didn't drag that story line out. Same with Arya getting back to Westeros.
Ghost91
quote:
That's Gendry. The last Baratheon, and one true king of Westeros.

Where is Gendry, anyway? Are we supposed to know?
Sapper Redux
quote:
quote:

At this point he's on an island west of Westeros getting ready to row a little more.
chipotle
quote:
quote:

On the island of misfit toys for all we know.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gendry thinks Joffrey might catch up to him any day now, so he keeps on rowing.
bobinator
AG
quote:

Did Cersei use all the Wildfire (or whatever the explosive green stuff is called) to take out the high septer and the temple?
No, there is also possibly Wildfire in other parts of the city that the Mad King was ready to destroy.

Also there's no reason they can't start making more.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:

No, there is also possibly Wildfire in other parts of the city that the Mad King was ready to destroy.

Also there's no reason they can't start making more.

Was the wildfire already there? - wasn't sure if they snuck it in from somewhere else...

And what was up with the kid assassins?
bobinator
AG
Yes. The fact that the Mad King hid wildfire under several parts of the city and was ready to blow it up (which is why Jamie killed him) has been talked about by several characters throughout the show, and was even shoehorned into a scene with Tyrion and Dany last week which is why it was pretty clear something was about to happen with it.

HtownAg92
AG
Definitely going to have to watch many times because too much to digest in one viewing.

I think Cersei set up the Lancel chase because he was originally responsible for her downfall and she wanted him to be the first to see and know that she won. Don't mess with Cersei.

Or Arya. Did she effectively wipe out the Freys? Did she kill all the males, leaving only daughters alive?

Incredible body count of important players.

Federale01
AG
So is the Tully stuck in the frey's dungeon now the lord of the Twins and River Run? If so, he might be a powerful new stark ally.
Ogre09
AG
I think Dany lands in the Reach and joins up with the Tyrell army before heading to Kings Landing. Mace, Maergery, and Loras may be dead, but the Tyrells are still strong.

I also think it's obvious that Sansa and John are back on the same team and that she is happy he is hailed King in the North. She is also rightfully concerned about what Little Finger is scheming now, as John is clearly a threat to LF's plan to rule the Seven Kingdoms.

John may still be too honest and nave like Ned, but Sansa has seen some **** and is turning into a good schemer herself. Their best play would be to turn the Vale against LF, maybe by revealing the murder of Lysa.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
Lots of posters asking about the Jon/Sansa relationship. Won't link it here but the answer is on the Game of Thrones Youtube page.

Can you PM me that link?
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Yes. The fact that the Mad King hid wildfire under several parts of the city and was ready to blow it up (which is why Jamie killed him) has been talked about by several characters throughout the show, and was even shoehorned into a scene with Tyrion and Dany last week which is why it was pretty clear something was about to happen with it.

Thanks. I definitely remember the conversations about hidden wildfire. Guess I just didn't remember if it had been found and collected since then.

What about the psycho kids?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Nice call back to the story of the rat King
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks. I definitely remember the conversations about hidden wildfire. Guess I just didn't remember if it had been found and collected since then.

What about the psycho kids?
Those were Varys' birds. Qyburn has turned them into his birds, and is now using them as minions to do his bidding.
gigemags-99
AG
Awesome. Thank you!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
How was Varys back with Dany as they set sail? Was that a continuity error? If so, it's a pretty big one. If not, it really makes no sense.

just because they showed the scene 10 minutes earlier doesn't mean it took place 10 minutes earlier.
I know that. But it's still poorly edited to just have Varys back with the gang with no mention. Especially after there was big fanfare about him leaving. Not to mention it seems odd for him to return to Essos with Martell ships when they were already in Westeros.

Dorne would be the first place you hit if you are coming from Mereen. Obviously Dorne is aligning with Dany because they hate the Lannisters and were always sided with the Targaryens.

It's not a stretch to assume that the last scene Dany is already in Westeros. By Varys being there, it's probably exactly what you're supposed to assume. Especially if there were Dorne/Martell ships which I didn't notice but others have said there were.

Independent George
AG

quote:
What's the significance about Jon being stark and targaryeon?
Dont forget about the Targs abilities. Dany can walk through fire and ride dragons. That may not be the case for Jon necessarily but who knows what it could mean.
Independent George
AG
quote:
So is the Tully stuck in the frey's dungeon now the lord of the Twins and River Run? If so, he might be a powerful new stark ally.
Great point, the show made it a point to remind everyone who got married at the Red Wedding. Lannisters already departed the twins and i am sure their people wouldnt mind Edmure taking over.
Teddy Perkins
AG
quote:
quote:
One of the complaints some people have had about this show is how many plotlines were working at once. Cersei pretty much fixed that. Kaboomsky.

Agreed.....we're down to 3 main ones now really. and a couple of side hangers on.

1. the North under the Starks again and Jon specifically
2. KL under Cersei with the middle areas still loyal (Riverrun, Casterly Rock, etc.)
3. Dany and her Dothraki army coming to Westeros

side stories remaining

a. the Iron Islands which has Theon and Yara with Dany and Euron and his fleet TBD
b. Dorne/Martells in the south and the Tyrells under Olenna aligned - and are we to assume they are allowing Dany to come ashore there since Varys went there. probably
c. LF and the Vale army - notice he did not pledge to the King in the North either....who will he support

oh and a 4th major one of course....

4. WW and the army of the dead north of the wall.

Another main plot line is Arya finishing off her list. The Mountain and Cersei are still on there. So is Melisandre and Beric Dondarrion and Thoros (both for selling Gendry to Melisandre). And Illyn Payne (chopping off Ned's head). The Hound was taken off her list.

Add to the side stories, the Hound and the Brotherhood without Banners and Brienne's next adventure. Logically it makes sense for Brienne to head back to Winterfell and help Sansa/Jon fight the Night King but I think she makes her way South to cross paths with Jaime again.

Edit: AND Jorah trying to cure greyscale. Still thinks he goes to Quaithe.
Legal Custodian
AG
If there is only 1 season left, there is going to be so much death next season on both sides. There could easily be an 'oh ****' moment in every episode.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.