**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,735 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Maybe his purpose of being caught was to get close to Arya.
ONLY if we're going the route that Jaqen was Syrio. Otherwise:

A) How did Jaqen know to get caught by those specific guards going that specific road at just the right time to run into an Arya who was acting as a boy?
B) How did Jaqen know where Arya was to begin with?
C) Why would Jaqen go through all of that just to give her a token hoping that, one day years later, she may show up in Bravos?
D) Why would Jaqen search out a specific girl just to then spend years teaching her to be no one?

I think it is more likely Jaqen notices she was a girl acting as a boy and that piqued his interest as he also enjoys acting like other people.
BowSowy
AG
I agree with this but the only thing that gives me pause is that I don't think someone like Jaqen would stay locked up if there wasn't a reason for it. Maybe he was going to Castle Black, but that also seems like a convoluted way to get there.
Swarely
quote:
quote:

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

How about this:
Ned hires Syrio to teach his daughter.
Ned dies.
Syrio becomes Jaqen.
Jaqen is till teaching her.
Rudyjax
AG
Syrio/Jacquen then allows the waif to kill her?

I am going with, thingd are exactly as they seem.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

How about this:
Ned hires Syrio to teach his daughter.
Ned dies.
Syrio becomes Jaqen.
Jaqen is till teaching her.

sure but....if Syrio was hired by Ned to teach Arya....how about he just goes up to Arya and says "hey Arya guess what I'm a faceless man, how about we go to Bravoos and I teach you since thats what you want and thats what your dad wants."

Seems like a lot of trouble instead to....let Arya disappear on her own, get yourself arrested, have the wagon catch on fire, hope arya saves you even though she doesn't know it's you cuz you're in disguise, let her mess around and nearly be captured and killed, offer to kill some guys for her instead of just training her, then disappear and give her a coin hoping she isn't killed for the 2 years she is out of your control, and hope she not only doesn't lose the coin and isn't robbed but also decides on her own to go to Braavos, not get raped or killed on the way, eventually succeeds in the training and isn't really really pissed at you for hiding all of this from her along.

smokeythebear
AG
Precisely
smokeythebear
AG
Also, the type of fighting she learns from the Faceless Men isn't at all the water dancing sword fighting Syrio was teaching her.
Independent George
AG
Like I said, this theory is flawless!

I imagine the more likely outcome is that Syrio pops up in some other way (if he is in fact alive) like saving Arya from the the waif/herself/Jaqen/faceless men. Wouldnt mind seeing that.
Swarely
Alright alright alright you guys win. I still think it has SOMETHING to do with Syrio.

I'm currently in a texting argument with a friend over Khalessi. I say she is a terrible person just using the Dothraki for her own gain. She claims... I'm not really sure what she claims, but she doesn't agree with me.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Alright alright alright you guys win. I still think it has SOMETHING to do with Syrio.

I'm currently in a texting argument with a friend over Khalessi. I say she is a terrible person just using the Dothraki for her own gain. She claims... I'm not really sure what she claims, but she doesn't agree with me.
I'll say this: I thought Syrio's "death" wasn't what I was expecting out of that show. That he died off-screen left a good out for the writers to use him again later.
Sex Panther
AG
Independent George
AG
Seems like Jorah is going to end up in Westeros looking for the cure right?

I am betting he strikes out at the citadel and seeks out Davos in search of the cure that Shireen received. I am sure at some point he recognizes Jons sword.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You know that old horndog is gonna spread gray scale to half of Westeros and set up a battle between the stone men and the ice people.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I like it. He can be the link between Jon and Dany.
Swarely
So, what's going on in Dorne? You kill a princess, kill a King, perform a coup and nobody cares?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
nobody cares?
You answered your own question.
ja86
AG
quote:
So, what's going on in Dorne? You kill a princess, kill a King, perform a coup and nobody cares?
sand snakes trying to learn how to act?
CubbieAggie
AG
quote:
Don't forget infiltrating King's Landing and killing the prince, too. Did they really just do that and peace out when the Lannisters are #1 on the Sand Snake **** list?
double aught
AG
If the writers just decided to drop the Dorne storyline because it wasn't working, then I don't know why they even bothered to address it in the first episode of the season. Those scenes didn't really resolve things. Would've been better to just leave it alone after the end of last season.
Swarely
Dorne sends fighters to help alleviate the siege at RiverRun?
Independent George
AG
I really hope the Dorne story is complete. It had great potential but certainly did not work out after the viper got killed. I really cant even think of a good scenario to bring them back into things. The most likely I suppose is an assassination on a Lannister and that would kinda suck.

Maybe they will be a part of the end game when the big showdowns happen, like a united all the kingdoms kind of thing.
Joan Wilder
AG
I watched a replay of the episode last night. I guess I'm in the minority as the Hound is not someone who I was dying to see again. I guess his story had always been tied to the 2 Stark girls but I wasn't really missing him. Maybe it's just his relationship with the Mountain. The Mountain clearly is linked to all the King's Landing history since he raped rhaegar's wife to death and killed his kids, and is the Lannister enforcer. It does seem were headed towards a Hound-Mountain face off.

I think part of it is that I'm starting to feel the dread of only so many episodes left, and I don't want to spend so much time on an old character when there's so much going on, and so few episodes left. I felt the same way that last season of Mad Men.

But...I'll trust the writers this is important and going somewhere.

There's something more to this brotherhood story too...I don't recall those guys as indiscriminate killers. What's changed? ...are we about to start a whole new story arc with a season to go?
Joan Wilder
AG
I think the Lannisters DO care about Dorne but right now they have bigger fish to fry. No way Cersei just lets that go, but her priority has to be on her one remaining child and wrestling his reign away from the Sparrows.
bobinator
AG

quote:
What's changed? ...are we about to start a whole new story arc with a season to go?

Ned Stark's entire character was only 9 episodes, Oberyn Martell's was just 7. So sure, why not.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
I really hope the Dorne story is complete. It had great potential but certainly did not work out after the viper got killed. I really cant even think of a good scenario to bring them back into things. The most likely I suppose is an assassination on a Lannister and that would kinda suck.

Maybe they will be a part of the end game when the big showdowns happen, like a united all the kingdoms kind of thing.
Since everyone else is coming back to life and/or changing into other people, why not let the Viper and Oberyn come back to life?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
The Mountain clearly is linked to all the King's Landing history since he raped rhaegar's wife to death and killed his kids, and is the Lannister enforcer.

I seriously do not remember his history. How did I miss that???
Gig-Em2003
AG
quote:

There's something more to this brotherhood story too...I don't recall those guys as indiscriminate killers. What's changed? ...are we about to start a whole new story arc with a season to go?

Why couldn't they just be a trio of thugs saying theyre in the brotherhood? I agree that it's out of character so to speak for the brotherhood to slaughter people for no reason.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
The Mountain clearly is linked to all the King's Landing history since he raped rhaegar's wife to death and killed his kids, and is the Lannister enforcer.

even in the show Oberyn was yelling that at him "Elia Martell say her name.....you raped her, you killed her children....say her name....who gave you the order".... thats Elia Martell Oberyns sister and Rhaegars wife.

and he did say that.....as he was killing Oberyn
double aught
AG
quote:
and he did say that.....as he was killing Oberyn
Too soon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Say her name! Say it!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
Say her name! Say it!

Too soon
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

Yea, go re-watch The Mountain vs. The Viper fight scene and you'll be quite reminded of it.

Confession: I've re-watched that fight scene like 50 times...
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:

Why couldn't they just be a trio of thugs saying theyre in the brotherhood? I agree that it's out of character so to speak for the brotherhood to slaughter people for no reason.

Their attacks are clearly faith based. Do you remember when we were first introduced to Mallesssndra? She was burning the 7 gods, and eventually was okay killing others that did not follow the red God. He clearly gave them warning by saying " the night is dark and full of terrors". Then came back and killed all who are no following the lord of light. Not much else to it.
BarryProfit
I feel strongly that the sand snakes will appear in KL before season's end and will have a role in killing one or more major characters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If we could have a scene of SS and sparrows wiping each other out, that'd be fantastic. ZombieMountain can mop up the leftovers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.