**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,713 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FYI, just posting that a long forgotten character is making a return is still a spoiler.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I can't remember, do we talk about next episode previews in this thread? I know some posters have gotten touchy about that in the past.
Sentinel
AG
I don't see why that would be an issue.
Goldie Wilson
The fact that he's appearing at all is the spoiler. Its irrelevant that we don't know the exact context.
Sentinel
AG
You can ignore his information. He incorrectly read the info on the wiki. All it states is that he was in episode 2 as a flash back.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Aright then. The main thing that stood out to me in the preview for next week is Bran's vision of the white walkers. They appear to see him. I wonder if this will be a premonition type thing, or if he'll actually be able to interact with paranormal type creatures like them while he's spirit journeying.

Kind of reminds of something Marvel Comics did with Professor X when he could mentally project himself into the Astral realm or whatever, and of course was not bound to his wheelchair in that form. I always wondered why he didn't go get astrally laid instead of looking for evil forces to fight.
Sentinel
AG
Yeah it may be related to what happens when you stay in a vision too long.
Goldie Wilson
I wonder where 3ER is during that Bran vision. Maybe Bran sees Jon or Benjen and insists on staying
BMoreBirds
I am so glad I thought to check texags for a thread on this. I can't talk about this stuff with my brother because he is a book reader. He wants to counter everything I say with "well in the books..."
BMoreBirds
I kinda had an idea that perhaps the only people Bran can interact with in visions are either already dead or will be dead in his present time. Like the already dead (white walkers) can see him and all but will be dead (like his dad) can only faintly hear him as a whisper. Sort of like a purgatory or different dimension. I sure hope and I'm fairly certain the show isn't going to go down some dumb sci fi paradox thing but it does warrant discussion.
The Debt

BMoreBirds
What did you say??
Southlake
So really two things we'd all like to see:

1. Dire wolf going crazy against any bad guys. So far, we've seen them in action once. More DWs have been killed than have killed. C'mon, let the Big Dogs eat!

2. Dragons going crazy against bad guys. So far limited action has a Puff burning a new master and flaming away in the arena. Few skeletons off evidence too. I mean, we wanna see Dragons destroying villages and strafing armies with fire to melt armor.

And other stuff...
Btron
AG
Nm
Don't ruin this thread
Independent George
AG
Welp, can't unsee that.

I agree, thought the dire-wolves were going to be more in the action but I suppose they haven't been on battlefields except ghost a little.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I figured the dragons would reappear to rescue Dany from the horde, but the writers had other ideas.
Sentinel
AG
I remember a dragon flying over the Dothraki in one of the trailers. Could be soon.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
...Now if God sees Judas make this decision before Judas is even born, it means Judas made the choice prior to Judas existing. ...

This is incorrect.
To make this more related to this thread. If many years ago, a seer/witch told Cersie that her kids would die many years in the future; does that mean they were already dead? Not in our linear time reality.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
I figured the dragons would reappear to rescue Dany from the horde, but the writers had other ideas.

A dragon lighting the temple on fire rather than tumping the braziers over would have been a cool CGI opportunity. Although, hard to believe Dany and Drogon could coordinate it.
HtownAg92
AG
Robb's wolf fought in the battles with him. I remember one scene where two Lannister sentries were Messing around when the wolf attacked, followed by Robb and crew. They were cutting all the battle scenes to save money then.

I'm sure Ghost has fought. Bran's is still in the game, along with Arya's presumably. Nymeria is probably on the boat with Gendry, Blackfish and the BWB.
gougler08
AG
quote:
Robb's wolf fought in the battles with him. I remember one scene where two Lannister sentries were Messing around when the wolf attacked, followed by Robb and crew. They were cutting all the battle scenes to save money then.

I'm sure Ghost has fought. Bran's is still in the game, along with Arya's presumably. Nymeria is probably on the boat with Gendry, Blackfish and the BWB.

Ghost tore some guys up in the Crasters keep battle right?
TXAGFAN
AG
I made a post about this on old thread, never saw reply, but 7 pages in this new thread with ZERO discussion of it confirms things. Can someone explain WTF is going on with Arya? I don't understand why she ended up with these creepy many faced God tools or why she is still there...judging by the lack of discussion I'm assuming no one knows what is going on there.
gougler08
AG
They are a guild of assassins and she is training to become one. While there's not a lot going on right now, many think she will be sent to assassinate someone back in Westeros soon. This could be someone from her previous list (Cersei, etc) or it could be a Stark to show that she has truly become no one.

I don't really remember why she went there except that she didn't have a place to go after the Hound "died" and she had the coin that Jaqen had given her a few seasons ago, earning her free passage to Bravos
Goldie Wilson
quote:
I made a post about this on old thread, never saw reply, but 7 pages in this new thread with ZERO discussion of it confirms things. Can someone explain WTF is going on with Arya? I don't understand why she ended up with these creepy many faced God tools or why she is still there...judging by the lack of discussion I'm assuming no one knows what is going on there.
She's there bc she has nowhere else to go
HtownAg92
AG
It was one of the best scenes in the series. Arya leaves he Hound to die after he fights Brienne. She has nowhere to go, sees a ship preparing to launch. She tries to beg her way on. Once she finds out it is headed to Braavos, she produces the coin and she is allowed on board. The ship sets off and Arya is on the back of the boat looking at her "home" in Westeros. Then she sprints to the front of the boat to literally and symbolically look forward to her future and the adventures that await.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Did you not watch the first few seasons?

This video sums up how she became acquainted with the faceless men:

It makes sense; she wants to kill lots of people and knows that the faceless man can teach her.

And don't forget her "dance teacher" in the first season was also from Braavos.
Sentinel
AG
Now I'm curious. Do the people of Braavos respect or fear the Faceless Men? When Arya gives the captain the coin, he seems shocked and immediately offers her passage.
wangus12
AG
Seems to be a bit of both.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Now I'm curious. Do the people of Braavos respect or fear the Faceless Men? When Arya gives the captain the coin, he seems shocked and immediately offers her passage.
That specific coin is most likely rooted in the faceless men tradition. So to him, anyone who presents that coin with the proper saying could be a Faceless Man. I'd assume that most Braavosi are aware of their talents and would like to stay on their good side.

Basically, the captain was covering his ass and thought Arya as an assassin.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
It was one of the best scenes in the series. Arya leaves he Hound to die after he fights Brienne. She has nowhere to go, sees a ship preparing to launch. She tries to beg her way on. Once she finds out it is headed to Braavos, she produces the coin and she is allowed on board. The ship sets off and Arya is on the back of the boat looking at her "home" in Westeros. Then she sprints to the front of the boat to literally and symbolically look forward to her future and the adventures that await.
And with a fantastic choral version of the main theme playing.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
And with a fantastic choral version of the main theme playing.
Scene
The Debt
Watching those scenes of jacen he does say the red god, not the many faced god or the god of death.
double aught
AG
I'd just like to say for the record that Missandei was looking real nice this week.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Watching those scenes of jacen he does say the red god, not the many faced god or the god of death.
I think he's also mentioned that the Many Faced God goes by many names (hence the name). Perhaps he was trying to use the name that would be most familiar to a little girl in that part of the world?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Many people are negative of this group, but from Arya's perspective, this is the best place she could be. After her father died, she went to join her brother and her mother and they died. Then she went to see her aunt who also died. The only friends she's made on her journey were Syril Forel (who was presumably killed by Meryn Trant), the Hound (who she left to die), Gendry (who was kidnapped by Melissandra), and Jacen (who killed people to pay her back for saving his life).

Basically, Jacen was the only friend she had left and he had given her free passage to find him. She WANTS to learn how to kill people so she's going through the training trying to join the guild.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.