**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,744 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Ghost91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where is Ghost? I really hope I didn't somehow miss/repress the death of yet another direwolf.

Only thing that would have made this episode any better would have been if they'd made Ramsey watch as Ghost killed all of his pups, and then let Ghost chow down on Ramsey.
Objective Aggie
AG
Saw an article where CGI costs made them choose between Ghost and Wun Wun. Obviously Eun Wun was critical.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Not so bold predictions for next episode: (1) Cersei burns the city down with Wildfire; (2) Dany sets sail for King's Landing; (3) we find out what actually happened at the Tower of Joy.
RAT90
AG
I have my money on #3 as the cliffhanger: we find out about the baby in the tower and then credits.
Ghost91
quote:
Saw an article where CGI costs made them choose between Ghost and Wun Wun. Obviously Eun Wun was critical.
That would be beyond asinine. So since it was pricey, Ghost just suddenly doesn't exist? Jon is staring into the face of death a dozen times in that episode but the viewer should just assume that Ghost was curled up just off camera snoozing or something?

Nah, there weren't really any scenes in this episode where Ghost would have chosen to involve himself.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
That would be beyond asinine. So since it was pricey, Ghost just suddenly doesn't exist? Jon is staring into the face of death a dozen times in that episode but the viewer should just assume that Ghost was curled up just off camera snoozing or something?

Nah, there weren't really any scenes in this episode where Ghost would have chosen to involve himself.
Not having the budget for it is asinine?
Teddy Perkins
AG
I think Dany finally sailing for King's Landing may beat out the Tower of Joy as the final scene - setting up her arrival to a charred King's Landing for next season.
Teddy Perkins
AG
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

The article I read said that because of the nature of the battle Jon knew that Ghost wouldn't last long so he had him stay behind. Jon would be correct here. Even a Direwolf wouldn't last 1 minute in a huge melee.
Southlake
So the arrows all sank in the mud. The archers ran out of arrows and joined the melee. Optical illusion with the rubber sword ( who hasn't wiggled a pencil between their thumb and index finger to make it wobble?) Ramsays soldiers traded places as the fight developed. Someone told Sansa the dogs hadn't been fed.

Why crap on a great episode!?

Are you guys like this in real life??
Independent George
AG

quote:
I think Dany finally sailing for King's Landing may beat out the Tower of Joy as the final scene - setting up her arrival to a charred King's Landing for next season.
I agree. The tower scene seems like it will be more apart of the bulk of the episode along with the Kings Landing tale.

I was hoping the Dany scene fades in with her and Daario/Melissande/Tyrion in a smaller room talking and then she walks out of the room up to the deck of a ship and the camera pans out slowly to reveal the entire army sailing west.
Rudyjax
AG
I'm going to be a scout camp on Sunday thru Saturday. Wow.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I'm going to be a scout camp on Sunday thru Saturday. Wow.

Wow indeed
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
Optical illusion with the rubber sword ( who hasn't wiggles a pencil between their thumb and index finger to make it wobble?)
C'mon now.

et98
AG
quote:
Not so bold predictions for next episode:
(1) Cersei burns the city down with Wildfire;
(2) Dany sets sail for King's Landing;
(3) we find out what actually happened at the Tower of Joy.

Why should I give a damn about what happened 25 years ago at some tower? Who cares? THERES A HORDE OF ZOMBIE SNOW MONSTERS WHO CAN RAISE THE DEAD COMING TO KILL EVERYONE!!! Whether some guy stabbed some other guy in the back at the Tower of Joy 25 years ago doesn't freaking matter!!!

With that said, I think watching Cersei burn the city to the ground would be kind of neat and finally seeing Dany finally kicking it up a notch and finally getting on some ships to sail to Kings Landing after 6 seasons would be cool. But again, anytime I think of the white walkers, I think that anything associated with non-white walker stuff is irrelevant.

Sometimes I think this show gets caught up in the finer details of a bunch of stories that make no difference. Whether Cersei likes Margery or if some old white bearded guy (generic term for 50% of the characters of GOT) likes some other old white bearded guy, none of it matters. Once the zombie snow monsters who can raise the dead show up, they'll all jump on the same side in a matter of seconds to fight the zombie snow monsters who can raise the dead.

I think we've drug this out far enough. I'm ready for the ultimate showdown!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
So the arrows all sank in the mud. The archers ran out of arrows and joined the melee. Optical illusion with the rubber sword ( who hasn't wiggles a pencil between their thumb and index finger to make it wobble?) Ransays soldiers traded places as the fight developed. Someone told Sansa the dogs hadn't been fed.

Why crap on a great episode!?

Are you guys like this in real life??

Who is crapping on it. I think it was an amazing episode. One of the best of the series.

I just happen to be the type that notices things - and yet it doesn't detract from it. There is no such thing as any TV show or movie without continuity errors and without plot holes too, generally. Star Wars and Godfather are full of goofs and plot holes, yet I love them.
Madman
AG
quote:

What does breaking the arrow symbolize?

The death of Ramsey?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

The death of Ramsey?

A broken arrow is code for a lost nuclear weapon.
trueaggie2782
AG
chipotle
quote:
quote:

The death of Ramsey?

She's ....wait for it....loose.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
Not so bold predictions for next episode:
(1) Cersei burns the city down with Wildfire;
(2) Dany sets sail for King's Landing;
(3) we find out what actually happened at the Tower of Joy.

Why should I give a damn about what happened 25 years ago at some tower? Who cares? THERES A HORDE OF ZOMBIE SNOW MONSTERS WHO CAN RAISE THE DEAD COMING TO KILL EVERYONE!!! Whether some guy stabbed some other guy in the back at the Tower of Joy 25 years ago doesn't freaking matter!!!

With that said, I think watching Cersei burn the city to the ground would be kind of neat and finally seeing Dany finally kicking it up a notch and finally getting on some ships to sail to Kings Landing after 6 seasons would be cool. But again, anytime I think of the white walkers, I think that anything associated with non-white walker stuff is irrelevant.

Sometimes I think this show gets caught up in the finer details of a bunch of stories that make no difference. Whether Cersei likes Margery or if some old white bearded guy (generic term for 50% of the characters of GOT) likes some other old white bearded guy, none of it matters. Once the zombie snow monsters who can raise the dead show up, they'll all jump on the same side in a matter of seconds to fight the zombie snow monsters who can raise the dead.

I think we've drug this out far enough. I'm ready for the ultimate showdown!!!

Nah holmes, I gotta disagree with you. Characters finding out what happened at the Tower of Joy could literally redefine how they think of themselves and are treated in the story. It possibly has huge implications.

But I do agree with some of what you are saying. Which is why I believe the GRRM move here is for Cersei to completely destroy Kings Landing and leave 5-6 plotlines completely unresolved by killing off all of the Sparrows, Lannister's, and Tyrell's.
dave94
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:

You realize that the importance of that storyline involves something much bigger than the stabbing in the back part, right?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

The death of Ramsey?

I don't know but the banner in the window is of House Arryn.
Sentinel
AG
I think it symbolizes Ramsey's defeat since he used his bow to kill Rickon and Wun Wun and then used it to attack Jon.
Burrus86
AG
quote:

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

By the way...speaking of Ramsay's arrow that killed Wun Wun.

He easily could have just killed Jon right there. Jon was staring at Wun Wun and standing next to him.

Ramsay had an easy clean shot to get either of them and Wun Wun appeared to be dying already it was the coup de grace.

I suppose we are to believe that facing 10 other archers Ramsay still wanted to taunt and talk smack with Jon. But it was a little convenient that he didn't take out Jon right there.

Oh well no big deal.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think Ramsey wanted to make sure Jon's army charged the field. That's why he lured Jon out and that's why he used his inaccurate archers and sent his cavalry instead of killing Jon himself.

Ramsey totally owned Jon Snow strategically in that fight. I hope Jon learns his lesson and doesn't continue to be a terrible battlefield commander.
Serious Lee
quote:
I hope Jon learns his lesson and doesn't continue to be a terrible battlefield commander.
hes now 3-0 in battles that dont include hardhomme (which nobody could have won). Hes doing alright
PatAg
AG
He's only got one brother left, and he is north of the wall..so I guess unless The Night King pulls the same stunt Ramsey did, he is probably ok.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope Jon learns his lesson and doesn't continue to be a terrible battlefield commander.
hes now 3-0 in battles that dont include hardhomme (which nobody could have won). Hes doing alright

He'd be dead if not for Sansa.
AgLaw02
AG
and Stannis
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I think Ramsey wanted to make sure Jon's army charged the field. That's why he lured Jon out and that's why he used his inaccurate archers and sent his cavalry instead of killing Jon himself.

Ramsey totally owned Jon Snow strategically in that fight. I hope Jon learns his lesson and doesn't continue to be a terrible battlefield commander.

thats not when I am referring to - I'm talking about AFTER the battle in Winterfell. Ramsay is standing there about 20 feet from Jon and shoots Wun Wun instead.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Hah, I forgot that was the Giants name and thought it was a nickname for the brother.
I figure Ramsey just considered the giant a bigger threat and wanted to finish him.
Natasha Romanoff
Ramsey goes for psychological torture more so than any other type. He knew killing the giant that Jon obviously was close to would hurt him and make him do something stupid. This time though, Jon just went into badass mode rather than stupid valiant mode.

And again, it's a show. Not everything will be logical all of the time. Ramsey was arrogant and a psychopath. It's no surprise to me he didn't try and immediately kill Jon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.