**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,691 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One more time, I don't really care much. We don't need to be setting up strings and photos like Hiro's interior decorating project, I was just pointing out that every storyline does this, not just Varys'. There's literally people talking about it, on this thread, one page ago.

I'm just saying we could dissect exactly how much time has passed in what storylines until the end of existence, the show doesn't focus on it, so who cares.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Looking back, the whole Faith Militant plot line is kind of weak. But I guess it got rid of a lot of unnecessary characters in the end so that ok. Maybe I'm just bitter, because I'll miss Margery.
oh no
AG
what's the deal with Benjin Stark having to leave Bran there by that tree, saying the magic at the wall prevents him passing? Is he dead, slowing turning into one of those wights or even a WW? IIRC, his two companions beyond the wall were found dead and brought back to Castle Black, where they reanimated into wights ... Benjin tells Bran and Meera that he was slain by a WW, but saved by those tree people.. is he still fighting for the living, but slowing turning into a WW? ---another side-story to watch out for next season.
Independent George
AG
Do we know the extent of knowledge Arya has on Westeros and what is going on? I may have missed it but do we know if she knows Sansa and Jon are home at Winterfell? Not sure which is more satisfying, seeing her cross names off her list or another Stark reunion.
Dro07
AG
Ya i didn't get that either. I am guessing he is dead because of the face but how is he not a WW? Did i miss this part?
trueaggie2782
AG
quote:
Ya i didn't get that either. I am guessing he is dead because of the face but how is he not a WW? Did i miss this part?

Maybe if he crosses the wall, he become a WW. As long as he stays north of the wall, he can control his outcome.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
After Cerci's coordinated killing of her enemies and ascension to the throne (much to Jamie's concern), I think this is how it should have ended:

Jamie arrives after the ceremony and tries to go and speak with the Queen, only to be told she is "very busy" and can't see him right now. Then, as Jamie looks on, the door to the Iron Throne room is closed on him.

fade to black.......
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I'm curious, have we seen Jon exposed to any fire that burned him before? If he hasn't, it doesn't really mean anything, but it would make for an interesting reveal when the time comes.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I guess we now know why it's called King's Landing.
Don't forget to tip your waitress folks!!!

I leaned over to pet the dog, and my husband said "oh, damn, I wasn't expecting that..." totally missed it.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
what's the deal with Benjin Stark having to leave Bran there by that tree, saying the magic at the wall prevents him passing? Is he dead, slowing turning into one of those wights or even a WW? IIRC, his two companions beyond the wall were found dead and brought back to Castle Black, where they reanimated into wights ... Benjin tells Bran and Meera that he was slain by a WW, but saved by those tree people.. is he still fighting for the living, but slowing turning into a WW? ---another side-story to watch out for next season.
The Children of the Forest saved him by turning him into a defacto-white walker. He retained some amount of his humanity, but it appears the magical barrier keeping the WW's north of the wall still affects him.

I'd imagine that Bran crossing the barrier with the mark of the Night King will unknowingly allow Benjen and every other WW to cross.
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe if he crosses the wall, he become a WW. As long as he stays north of the wall, he can control his outcome.
He said the children of the forest saved him from becoming a WW, but I'm guessing that some of their magic is still in him. If the wall stops WW's from passing, it would stop him as well
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
I'm curious, have we seen Jon exposed to any fire that burned him before? If he hasn't, it doesn't really mean anything, but it would make for an interesting reveal when the time comes.
He burned his hand on a lantern when a Wight tried to kill Jeor Mormont. (Season 1 or 2)
chipotle
quote:
quote:
quote:

bobinator
AG
quote:
quote:

The show did a pretty poor job of explaining this situation. If not for reading some of the articles that people who have read the books write (like the Ask the Maester thing on The Ringer) I would have no idea what was going on there.

As this is the show-only thread, I think we have to assume he's dead since he can't cross the wall. In fact this is also the first time someone on the show actually said the dead army couldn't cross the wall, which is a pretty important plot key as to why the army of the dead haven't tried climbing it yet.

The only WWs we've seen south of the wall hadn't yet turned when they crossed it I believe.
M.C. Swag
AG
Also, it's worth keeping track of WW vs Wight.

We've only seen a Wight (the one who attacked Jeor Mormont) cross the wall. We have yet to see the WWs do such a thing.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Also, it's worth keeping track of WW vs Wight.

We've only seen a Wight (the one who attacked Jeor Mormont) cross the wall. We have yet to see the WWs do such a thing.
And that one didn't physically cross the wall himself. He was brought back as a corpse by the KW - which meant he would been carried through the gate.
bobinator
AG
Good point.
et98
AG
quote:
The Children of the Forest saved him by turning him into a defacto-white walker. He retained some amount of his humanity, but it appears the magical barrier keeping the WW's north of the wall still affects him.

I'd imagine that Bran crossing the barrier with the mark of the Night King will unknowingly allow Benjen and every other WW to cross.

This was my thought, too. Bran crossing the wall with the mark on his arm will allow them to pass.
bobinator
AG
I actually was wondering if they made Benjen say that as sort of a clarification really. Didn't he specifically say that as long as the wall stands, they can't cross it?

Also between Benjen and what Bran now knows, wouldn't they realize if him crossing the wall meant they could all cross the wall?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

The show did a pretty poor job of explaining this situation. If not for reading some of the articles that people who have read the books write (like the Ask the Maester thing on The Ringer) I would have no idea what was going on there.

As this is the show-only thread, I think we have to assume he's dead since he can't cross the wall. In fact this is also the first time someone on the show actually said the dead army couldn't cross the wall, which is a pretty important plot key as to why the army of the dead haven't tried climbing it yet.

The only WWs we've seen south of the wall hadn't yet turned when they crossed it I believe.
I thought it was pretty clear
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I leaned over to pet the dog, and my husband said "oh, damn, I wasn't expecting that..." totally missed it.

I rarely call the shots but as soon as he took off his crown I said "he is going to kill himself!"

Two seconds later, splat.
Goldie Wilson
I need to rewatch the Benjen scene, but my current tin foil hat theory is that he's an agent of the Night King/WW, and is sending Bran past the Wall in order to release the magic so that the WW can march south
Madman
AG
The framing of the shot suggested something dramatic would happen through the window.
TX AG 88
AG
quote:
I don't understand the board's obsession with Gendry rowing

Gendry rowing = Russian in the woods (sopranos)
bobinator
AG
quote:
I need to rewatch the Benjen scene, but my current tin foil hat theory is that he's an agent of the Night King/WW, and is sending Bran past the Wall in order to release the magic so that the WW can march south
I'm reasonably sure that Bran can figure out if that's true or not. Can't he basically see anything at any time?
chipotle
I knew it wasn't going to happen but a tiny bit hoped that the mountain would palm his head and squish it like a grape.
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If there is only 1 season left, there is going to be so much death next season on both sides. There could easily be an 'oh ****' moment in every episode.
There are two 8 episode seasons left.

I think it's actually 13 total episodes (1 - 6 episode and 1 - 7 episode season)

Nothing has been officially announced, though that is the strong rumor. It will be interesting to see if HBO let's its juggernaut go with nothing to replace it on Sunday night.
Objective Aggie
AG

I created that one!
PascalsWager
AG
Some people are claiming that Jon is a legitimate heir to the Targaryens. I don't know how thats possible if Rhagear was married to Ellia Martell. He's still a illegitimate. I guess instead of Jon Snow, he's John Sand because he's born in Dorne though.
Southlake
Hmm...

Thought maybe they showed Varys looking a bit guilty because he is a spy for Dorne?

R + L = J, rings true. However, Lyanna either was raped or made love approx. 9 months before that scene. Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?

To men jumping was the biggest surprise of a show full of surprises. A little trickery leading up the that scene: An implication from the previous episode that Cercei was not happy with Tommen being influenced by the High Sparrow to cease trials by combat implied that Cercei might kill her own son, this intensified when Zombie Zombie Mountain entered Tommens room in a menacing manner. However, ZM was there to protect Tommen from the Fire, which ironically caused him to jump to his death. The constant misdirection was masterful.

-this isn't a book reader thread. Being disrespectful to non-book readers on a show only thread is not appropriate. - Staff
M.C. Swag
AG
They've got 2 years to figure it out
bobinator
AG

quote:
Non readers seem to announce not only their ignorance, but also their lack of comprehension of the shows finer points with the dopey questions they ask; this is exacerbated by their complaining about book readers when they try to help them.

This post was sort of like Tommen's suicide. There were hints that you were going to be a condescending a-hole early on, but you tried to misdirect everyone by actually throwing in some details in the middle. And then, like Tommen taking off the crown, you laid it all out there in the final sentence.
hurricanejake02
AG
quote:
Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?
It looked like complications of childbirth that killed her. Seems to have been pretty common in this time period.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Non readers seem to announce not only their ignorance, but also their lack of comprehension of the shows finer points with the dopey questions they ask; this is exacerbated by their complaining about book readers when they try to help them.
Non-readers on this thread enjoy the show. They aren't looking for readers to "help them". Their questions regarding the show aren't dopey if considered in the context of the show only. That's why the show only thread was created. I'm a non-reader but I also look at both threads. I don't understand why some book readers have such a difficult time comprehending that some people who only watch the show don't want the readers to "spoil" this thread.

Some non-readers want to know what goes on in the books; we will go to the other thread for that info.
bobinator
AG
Yeah what's amazing about Southlake's post is his glorious condescension towards show-only people (in the show-only thread...) but he does it while simultaneously posting some dumb-as-hell stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.