**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

358,473 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Sentinel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
215+ replies. Do any of you guys go to work?!
Teddy Perkins
AG
What crazy theories are brewing about Sam seeing a weird contraption at the maester's library that looks awfully similar to the spinning thing in the opening credits?

Coupled with the maester wearing super magnifying glasses and these opening sequence frames?

GRRM has always said he feels most like Sam but I think this is a nod to GRRM playing God in this story.
LHIOB
culdeus
AG
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Sam/Gilly's baby was born midway thru season 3 and looks maybe 6 or 8 months old at this point?
bobinator
AG
I assumed that thing in the middle was reflecting light around the room to wherever it was needed.
bobinator
AG
quote:
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Sam/Gilly's baby was born midway thru season 3 and looks maybe 6 or 8 months old at this point?
NO BECAUSE ANY TALK ABOUT TIMELINES AND YOU'RE AN IDIOT/DOESN'T GET IT/SHOULD DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH/SHOULD HAVE THEIR WHOLE FAMILY WIPED FROM EXISTENCE/INCLUDING A TIME TRAVELING ERASER WHO WIPES YOUR ANCESTORS FROM EXISTENCE ALSO
mhayden
quote:
Pycelle was a character that seemed really important early on and just kind of withered away.

Remember the scene where he showed all that energy in his private chambers and it seemed he was hiding something?

Then, he disappeared and seemed powerless. And now dead.

I think the idea of showing him with so much energy in those scenes was to show that he wasn't some old, slow man... he stayed around as long as he did because he knew how to play the game (in his case, feign "old" features so as not to be seen as any kind of threat).

His death last night basically showed he over-played his hand one too many times in regards to Cersei and her new right-hand-man.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The one in the opening credits just looks like a globe or astrolabe sculpture.
Teddy Perkins
AG
OR now that I'm thinking about it more, Sam is the one wearing the glasses in the opening series and he will be writing this story for the history books/maester's library as he views/experienced it. So in a way Sam is GRRM as the writer of this story.
Teddy Perkins
AG
quote:
I assumed that thing in the middle was reflecting light around the room to wherever it was needed.
And is providing light for Sam while he looks at the map (which shows the locations of each episode) and writes out the story.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
quote:
My ending:

The WW and everyone go to war. Almost all main players are killed except the night king, dany, and jon. We find out that the night king can't be killed with fire, dragon glass, or valarian steel. He proceeds to kill dany and jon to claim victory. What he doesn't realize is that Sam has found, through all his reading in the library, the only way to kill the night King. Which he does and secures the throne for himself. Long live King Sam, queen Gilly, and prince Sam.

Sam stumbled upon the pron stash in the Citadel. He's going to be busy...while Gily and her kid wait patiently outside.
If that's a pron stash, Sam will have hulk arms by the time he leaves.

I know Gendry is still rowing his ass off, but I think Sam will be the victor when Gendry finally returns to Westeros and they engage in single combat for the Iron Throne.
TajMaballer
AG
But if Gendry is still rowing, he will be jacked also
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Can someone explain to me who stabbed Lyanna in the p***y?

I don't read so good and am not good at figurin stuff out.
The correct answer is Jons dad obviously
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
Where is Gendry rowing to again?
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?
It looked like complications of childbirth that killed her. Seems to have been pretty common in this time period.
Like Tyrion's mother, also killed in childbirth

Also like Dany's mother! *gasp*

These three will ride the three dragons, imo. EERRRHHHMMAAHHHGEERRRRD.
Ghost91
I just realized that I don't think I knew that 'Gendry' and 'Pod' were two different people.
Joan Wilder
AG
Not sure if this was mentioned - I had to watch the west coast episode and missed a lot of the post show discussion.

Bran had told a story about the rat cook who served a man his own sons, and the guy turned into a rat King. His greatest crime was killing a guest under his roof. Amazing call back for Arya to kill Frey that way.

The shot of the fleet with the dragons flying overhead was unbelievable - we've been working towards this for so long and to finally see it - wow.

Lady Mormont is everything.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
quote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but he is just rowing to get away and be safe.
bobinator
AG
quote:
quote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but he is just rowing to get away and be safe.
No, he and his rowboat have a very specific mission. Trust the #process.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I don't understand the board's obsession with Gendry rowing
You mean this board and every other corner of the internet that follows the show?

He was an integral character in a couple of earlier storylines, has the magic king's blood, and then he just gets in a boat and paddles away never to be seen again. Maybe there were others, but it seems like most of the characters on his level of importance either got killed or advanced.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Will do Sam Hinke!
Old Army Metal
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Will do Sam Hinke!
HEY LOOK EVERYONE THIS GUY GOT THE JOKE!! HE'S SMART.
ellebee
quote:
I just realized that I don't think I knew that 'Gendry' and 'Pod' were two different people.

Well if you read the books you would know this...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
The two actors do look very similar.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I didn't get the joke until he explained it.
et98
AG
Has anyone talked about Cersei getting her revenge on the "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!" lady yet?

I know I'm supposed to hate Cersei, but for those 3-4 minutes, I was very happy to see her getting her revenge. And what exactly is the Zombie Mountain doing to her? At first I thought it was just torturing her, but then I thought maybe he was in there to rape her. Could you imagine getting raped by a zombie murderous giant who never has to stop to eat or sleep until you finally happen to slowly die?
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
Has anyone talked about Cersei getting her revenge on the "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!" lady yet?

I know I'm supposed to hate Cersei, but for those 3-4 minutes, I was very happy to see her getting her revenge. And what exactly is the Zombie Mountain doing to her? At first I thought it was just torturing her, but then I thought maybe he was in there to rape her. Could you imagine getting raped by a zombie murderous giant who never has to stop to eat or sleep until you finally happen to slowly die?
Duncan Idaho
stolen from reddit. There is a newer one updated with the dead and returned

combat wombat™
AG
quote:
stolen from reddit. There is a newer one updated with the dead and returned

Why is Yara in that boat?
Serious Lee
quote:
they had me confused for years. when bronn was reunited with pod this season, i actually thought that was gendry.

Serious Lee
quote:

The shot of the fleet with the dragons flying overhead was unbelievable - we've been working towards this for so long and to finally see it - wow.

since we've taken a break from criticizing the time elapse inaccuracies, i'll offer a new one. Are we supposed to believe those dragons can make the entire flight without rest, or do they each have their own ship to perch on?

Maybe that super smart book reader can chime in with the exact distance across the narrow sea.
Really???
I'll go out on a limb and say that the Narrow Sea is narrow.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Just a side note. Have you guys noticed how often you can actually see Drogon flying around in the backgrounds of scenes? That guy is always in the air. I'm not saying the dragons can make the trip non-stop, but it's definitely something I've picked up on watching this show.
redbaron788
AG
There's no official legend so all distances are guesses based on the length of the wall and general description of Westeros as about the size of South America. Ship route by sea from Meereen to Dorne is 2500-3000 miles maybe more sailing around the Valyrian peninsula

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I don't dwell too much on number-y things in fantasy worlds. Their castles and the wall, etc, are supposed to be thousands and thousands of years old, their known history maybe goes back a couple hundred years. Who knows? As Bran's story comes around, I think we're going to get into the territory of timey wimey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.