**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

358,458 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
TXAGFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hear they're bringing back John From Cincinatti to replace Game of Thrones.
Serious Lee
quote:

On a side note, I think Breaking Bad has set a terrible precedent about splitting the last season.
Breaking bad didnt set that precedent, though you misremembering it as the show that did says alot about it.
oh no
AG
quote:
I hear they're bringing back John From Cincinatti to replace Game of Thrones.
man, that show had some potential and then bam- gone!
oh no
AG
...and I found True Blood to be highly entertaining

"Remember why you went to A&M. It's life after the game. ...and I was fortunate to see the big picture then, and knowing that, 'hey, this game is going to end, if you get to play, great! If not, get that education'. A&M is a fraternity after school and the network is unbelievable." - Dat Nguyen
JD Shellnut
AG
Finish Deadwood!
Sapper Redux
quote:
quote:
His ego and pride prevented him from listening to Princess Tittycakes.

I find your misogynistic comment to be belittling and quite insulting. I have flagged it as offensive and encourage others to do the same.

She was not a princess, she was the Queen!

RIP Queen Tittycakes.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Show nearing the end

Only about 13 episodes left. This is the article mentioned on the previous page.
LHIOB
AG
I think HBO may do a spin off. Either Dunk and Egg or maybe Roberts Rebellion. They have tons of source material and this amazing world to play with. Im glad they aren't dragging it out. Give me a good final 13 episodes and don't ruin whats been amazing TV.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The challenge with the spin-off is that you really have to break far enough away to where outcomes are more unknown. Not to say George Lucas didn't completely **** up Star Wars prequels because he did, but I do think there is a lot of difficulty in capturing viewers fully when they know the ultimate outcome of the story and characters. But I do think some sort of more ancient GOT story/spinoff could work.

That said, I don't see HBO going there. Just not their style. They'll take the next risk on something different.
scoop12
AG
Better Call Saul has done an amazing job with creating a story you're invested in with or without having seen Breaking Bad. I'm hoping HBO can pull off something similar in the same world as GOT
Goldie Wilson
I would be surprised if HBO did anything else GOT-related, but I'd love to see a movie (or trilogy) about the Mad King's reign and Robert's Rebellion. I think the back story will get made into another TV show or movie at some point.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
The challenge with the spin-off is that you really have to break far enough away to where outcomes are more unknown. Not to say George Lucas didn't completely **** up Star Wars prequels because he did, but I do think there is a lot of difficulty in capturing viewers fully when they know the ultimate outcome of the story and characters. But I do think some sort of more ancient GOT story/spinoff could work.

That said, I don't see HBO going there. Just not their style. They'll take the next risk on something different.
Very true. I'd personally like to see stories that have litte/nothing to do with the Starks. The ancient battles between CotF, WW, and first men would be pretty awesome. My personal favorite would be if HBO made a prequel series about the original Azor Ahai and his great battle against the Others. His story has some known aspects but alot of untold mysteries. HBO could have a blank slate.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
Better Call Saul has done an amazing job with creating a story you're invested in with or without having seen Breaking Bad. I'm hoping HBO can pull off something similar in the same world as GOT
It would be something new for HBO because they typically don't do that kind of thing. I'd watch if they did though.
CubbieAggie
AG
HBO has officially confirmed R+L=J (in case anyone was still holding out that they only confirmed that Lyanna is the mother)

Phat32
AG
That makes my simple head hurt.
spanky
AG
Aunt Daenerys
LHIOB
AG
quote:
S2 of Fargo as well
bobinator
AG
Howland Reed is a pretty important character given that we've never seen him in the current timeline. We've only seen him in the past correct?
Dro07
AG
quote:
HBO has officially confirmed R+L=J (in case anyone was still holding out that they only confirmed that Lyanna is the mother)

But who stabbed her?
mhayden
So the Mad King was married to his sister (I guess we already knew that but I had forgotten)?
spanky
AG
Yes, it's a plus with their family
smokeythebear
AG
Also, don't forget that HBO is subscription based. Having 10 episodes of top ratings means little more than having 7 episodes of top ratings. The ratings don't really compile on top of each other the same way as if there were ads. Instead, they want two seasons so that's a confirmed two more yearly subscriptions the fans will sign up for. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend...
Joseph Parrish
AG
Even though the next two seasons may be shorter, it is possible that you get longer episodes as well.
chipotle
quote:

So bran pretty much created Hodor. Is it possible he inadvertently created this mess too and the series finale is him fixing his mess to unite the houses against the night king?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Even though the next two seasons may be shorter, it is possible that you get longer episodes as well.

Doubtful. Its not that they care about the number of episodes, its the time. They said 70-75 hours so if they choose to do it in 73 hours its 13 episodes.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:

So bran pretty much created Hodor. Is it possible he inadvertently created this mess too and the series finale is him fixing his mess to unite the houses against the night king?
It's a time loop deal. Bran didn't create Hodor, he just ensured that it happened...again. So basically, Bran can't alter the past...he can only continue the loop for "future" brans.

Time travel is a nightmare and I wish they never would have introduced it.
chipotle
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's a time loop deal. Bran didn't create Hodor, he just ensured that it happened...again. So basically, Bran can't alter the past...he can only continue the loop for "future" brans.

Time travel is a nightmare and I wish they never would have introduced it.

That's if they take a 12 monkey approach to it. If they go star trek or BttF on this then anything is possible.

I don't know. Maybe original time loop bran caused Aerys to go mad or had something to do with the lyanna abduction. So if those don't happen, maybe the rebellion doesn't occur and the following wars after:

But yeah....time travel's a bich.

PooDoo
AG
Weren't people theorizing that the old 3 eyed crow caused the Mad King to go Mad?
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:

Doubtful. Its not that they care about the number of episodes, its the time. They said 70-75 hours so if they choose to do it in 73 hours its 13 episodes.

Nobody knows yet.
Old Army Metal
AG
quote:
Yes, it's a plus with their family
I think that's the only way they get the best cell phone plan.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
...if you have 13 hours, why not come up with 7 more if you want 2 more seasons?!
that could be how you end up with slow, boring, poorly written episodes.
I just wish they would do a 13 episode super season instead of a split season. I'm sure it would be difficult to complete all of the production for these last episodes though due to all of the things that have to happen.
easttexasaggie04
AG
quote:
I think that's the only way they get the best cell phone plan.
boy09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
...if you have 13 hours, why not come up with 7 more if you want 2 more seasons?!
that could be how you end up with slow, boring, poorly written episodes.
I just wish they would do a 13 episode super season instead of a split season. I'm sure it would be difficult to complete all of the production for these last episodes though due to all of the things that have to happen.
Part of the reason for shortening the seasons is production time. They're scrambling to get 10 episodes done in the time they have now. The last thing they want to do is add more episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think two shorter seasons is the way to go. You open up the schedule and hopefully allow yourself to have a tighter story with a bigger budget, which hopefully also means more of what we love. (Battles, dragons, direwolves, etc.)

We are hurdling towards the end game, and the scope needs to be big. Imagine a full season of episodes like The Door and these last two.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Shorter seasons will work fine if they're moving along at the current pace.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.