**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,743 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
R0GUE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Right, it was a cold move/comment by Cersei although technically, she was having him buried with the family. But yeah, it was still a "screw the little **** who sold me out" moment.
that's how I took it.

Time to move on, Momma's busy kind of thing.
I think it was more of a "I knew this was going to eventually happen, so its a relief at least to finally have it off my chest."

Remember Cersei loved her kids more than anything, but she also believed they were all gonna die, because of the witch's prophecy.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Right, it was a cold move/comment by Cersei although technically, she was having him buried with the family. But yeah, it was still a "screw the little **** who sold me out" moment.
that's how I took it.

Time to move on, Momma's busy kind of thing.
I think it was more of a "I knew this was going to eventually happen, so its a relief at least to finally have it off my chest."

Remember Cersei loved her kids more than anything, but she also believed they were all gonna die, because of the witch's prophecy.

This. She loved Tommen, but after her daughter's death she pretty much knew the witch was telling the truth. She also realized that even though she had this great victory and destroyed all of her enemies, she failed Tommen. They said so in the Inside the Episode.
HtownAg92
AG
I didn't know they were buried under the sept. I assumed they were buried at home at Casterly Rock.

Not as much of a brush off as I thought, but still denied him a royal funeral.

smokeythebear
AG
quote:
I didn't know they were buried under the sept. I assumed they were buried at home at Casterly Rock.

Not as much of a brush off as I thought, but still denied him a royal funeral.

Don't think she was really excited to have ANOTHER funeral where her and Jaime sulk around one of their dead children.
tk for tu juan
Never realized how much Sansa's pale skin and red hair made her look like a weirwood tree until the foreground/background shot during the talk with Littlefinger. Google search for Sansa and weirwood turns up crazy theories on Sansa, snowy climates, and the trees. Could Sansa have a special ability we do not know about yet? Is Bran the only Stark with his abilities?

I will search other season threads if this has already been discussed
LHIOB
AG
quote:
So GRR Martin is a NYGiants fan and Wun Wun is in reference to Phil Simms' #11 jersey (one, one)?

I have seen this several times, perhaps it is true?

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/wun-wun-game-of-thrones-grrm-football-references/

Pretty sure thats common knowledge and GRRM has talked about it
black_hat_ag
quote:
Never realized how much Sansa's pale skin and red hair made her look like a weirwood tree until the foreground/background shot during the talk with Littlefinger. Google search for Sansa and weirwood turns up crazy theories on Sansa, snowy climates, and the trees. Could Sansa have a special ability we do not know about yet? Is Bran the only Stark with his abilities?

Pale skin is not surprising. She is from a cold climate. Look at people from Iceland or Greenland. All very pale white skin.

What do you think about my Jon and Sansa theory btw?
Brick Tamland
This kind of reminds me of the tree the Bran touched in the finale, that looked like a face crying blood. Jon and Sam took their Night's Watch oath at that same tree. Found it kind of odd.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anyone think Jon and Sansa could hook up??? We have already seen incest from the Lannisters. So that precedent has been set.

Of course Jon would have to get over Ramsey raping her and having her first. But love can overcome such things.

They both have been through so much that it could make sense.

So cousin-cousin incest is cool with you, but you think it might be a bit much to be with a woman who was raped against her will.

Are you by chance from Arkansas?
That doesn't even make sense my bro. I don't think it would be a bit much to be with a woman that was raped. Should Sansa just be executed then and never have a chance at love again?? Are raped women damaged goods doomed to never have productive lives again, in your opinion?

I'm from College Station bro. But Deliverance was a good movie.
Ok well in your post it made you seem like you were saying Jon might not want Sansa because she was "damaged goods" which is victim shaming at its worst, but I'll take your word for it that wasn't your intention.

Still think "kissing cousins" is a bit too much. Only the Targaryeans get into that noise.
tk for tu juan
The weirwood trees were all over westeros. They were chopped down in the south when the Children of the Forest were defeated and the old gods were a threat to the Faith of the Seven.

They mostly still exist in the north and north of the wall. The one near Winterfell I think also has a face
R0GUE
AG
quote:

Sansa has always been presented as the least "Stark-like" of the children but I do think the show is trying hard to show she is evolving much more into a true Northerner, albeit with a background in Southern gamesmanship to go along with it.
Brick Tamland
The one in Winterfell does as well
TheVarian
AG
*** prediction ***

Jamie kills The Mad Queen
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
The weirwood trees were all over westeros. They were chopped down in the south when the Children of the Forest were defeated and the old gods were a threat to the Faith of the Seven.

They mostly still exist in the north and north of the wall. The one near Winterfell I think also has a face
You could go far enough to say Sansa is like a weirwood tree in that she belongs in the north. When she went south, she was abused and nearly cut down, but she will thrive living in the north.

Not sure if there's a whole lot more to it after that.

On another note, I liked how Baelish looked over his shoulder after that talk with Sansa, like he heard someone behind him (back towards the tree). It was as if he felt Bran watching him, and then the scene transitions right into Benjen looking off into the woods and then Bran going to touch HIS weirwood just north of the wall. Small detail, but really cool how they tied those two scenes together.
Swarely
quote:
quote:

You could go far enough to say Sansa is like a weirwood tree in that she belongs in the north. When she went south, she was abused and nearly cut down, but she will thrive living in the north.

Not sure if there's a whole lot more to it after that.

On another note, I liked how Baelish looked over his shoulder after that talk with Sansa, like he heard someone behind him (back towards the tree). It was as if he felt Bran watching him, and then the scene transitions right into Benjen looking off into the woods and then Bran going to touch HIS weirwood just north of the wall. Small detail, but really cool how they tied those two scenes together.

Whenever they show Melisandre I like to touch my weirwood
DannyDuberstein
AG
I do it because I like the way my weirwood feels inside Melisandre.
Old Army Metal
AG
quote:
Sept of Baylor
Is this a texags thing?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
Sept of Baylor
Is this a texags thing?
Probably a little of both
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
Sept of Baylor
Is this a texags thing?

Just like in real life, an organization hiding behind the church to further its goals until it blew up in their faces.
Swarely
Cuppycup needs to get on some gif making
Swarely
So, the one thing I don't get is, why wouldn't the sparrows let anyone leave the sept? Not that it would change anything.
R0GUE
AG
I thought Cersei had someone lock them in.
Madmarttigan
AG
The high sparrow or whatever did not want anyone leaving or stopping the trial. I don't think he had any idea what lengths cersei would go to in order to protect herself.

Also I'm not sure if anyone has commented but watching a 2nd time the soundtrack of that entire episode was awesome.
Sentinel
AG
The High Sparrow definitely underestimated Cersei. You can see it on his face right before he dies.
Madman
AG
quote:
The High Sparrow definitely underestimated Cersei. You can see it on his face right before he dies.

The show has really pulled you into its world.
FbgTxAg
AG
Isn't next season supposed to be abbreviated? Only 6 episodes or something?
gougler08
AG
Both of the last 2 seasons are rumored to be abbreviated
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
So, the one thing I don't get is, why wouldn't the sparrows let anyone leave the sept? Not that it would change anything.
He and the militant are really getting off on their power by that point. His ego and pride prevented him from listening to Princess Tittycakes.
jtmoney03
AG
I read something today that the producers always targeted 70-75 hours because they know the ending and how to get there. As of right now they're done at 73. So we are supposed to get 13 more hours and it will be spread out over 2 seasons.

On a side note, I think Breaking Bad has set a terrible precedent about splitting the last season. I feel like this is going to become common place with these extremely popular shows. Ugh. I like things to last, but not at the expense of dragging out what should be one season, into two abbreviated ones. Especially with GOT...if you have 13 hours, why not come up with 7 more if you want 2 more seasons?! I'm sure they could write that many more without running it into the ground.
oh no
AG
quote:
...if you have 13 hours, why not come up with 7 more if you want 2 more seasons?!
that could be how you end up with slow, boring, poorly written episodes.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
His ego and pride prevented him from listening to Princess Tittycakes.

I find your misogynistic comment to be belittling and quite insulting. I have flagged it as offensive and encourage others to do the same.

She was not a princess, she was the Queen!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
...if you have 13 hours, why not come up with 7 more if you want 2 more seasons?!
that could be how you end up with slow, boring, poorly written episodes.

plus if you have X budget per year and can choose 7 or 6 episodes....or 10.....

then go ahead and do 6 or 7 cuz they will be much better than the 10 at the same budget.

you'll actually get less out of the 10 because besides FX you are paying stars PER EPISODE. So those 10 will eat into FX budget.

jtmoney03
AG
I'm just being greedy.

And the per episode is a good point, because the big stars just got bumped to 1/2 a mil an episode.
TresPuertas
AG
Also bear in mind that the season finale was the highest rates HBO show of all time.

I imagine they aren't going to just let this thing end how the books say it does. GOT is just hitting its stride in terms of monitizing this monster and I am truly worries that they are going to carry this thing out too far
et98
AG
Dragging out the final seasons of cash cows like Game of Thrones isn't just about milking a sure thing for all that it's worth, it's also about buying some time to find its replacement as the anchor of the network.

Right now, HBO has nothing to replace GOT, and it takes a season or 2 for most hour long dramas to grab the audience HBO is looking for in a flagship series. Vinyl won't cut it. True Detective crashed & burned in season 2. The Leftovers never grabbed the audience they'd hoped & only has 1 more season....and that's just about all the hour long dramas HBO has.

Maybe West World, The Night Of, or Divorce will become the next cash cow, but nobody really knows. The reality is that none of these will likely ever be another GOT (or even a True Blood or Sex in the City). But only time will tell, and HBO wants to take as much time as they can.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.