**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

358,469 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe this has been addressed before, but is this like a vampire situation where they just have to kill the Night King and the other WW's to make the army of the dead go back to peaceful slumber?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
i think you would just lure all of them into a trap and burn it down. after you kill the night king of course with a jon snow valyerian steel thrust to the heart? or whatever is there

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We don't know. But I figure once the WWs are wiped out, the wights shouldn't be hard to kill with a big enough army, right? They're mindless and not trained to fight. A good army/cavalry would have no problem if they have equal or even lesser numbers. Or one dragon.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
I think we have to get the Jon's mom reveal this next episode. The entire first half of this season was building up to it and then nothing after the Hodor episode.

I could see something along the lines of little finger telling Sansa about Jon's lineage too. Sansa's character is transforming into quite to a power hungry woman.
boogieman
AG
quote:
As someone else said, that shot of Jon from behind pulling his sword, tossing the sheath to the side, and preparing for the onslaught as the wall of cavalry bear down on him is one of the most badass things I've ever seen. Simply incredible.
Javelina
AG
Do the wights stay animated after the WWs are all gone?
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
As someone else said, that shot of Jon from behind pulling his sword, tossing the sheath to the side, and preparing for the onslaught as the wall of cavalry bear down on him is one of the most badass things I've ever seen. Simply incredible.

What's so great about this is minimal CGI.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

It is although it is also one of at least 2 continuity errors in the big battle.

No surprise in something that massive some things get missed. And it doesn't bug me.....just wonder how many noticed this.

But here is Jon immediately BEFORE that shot.

He stands up and turns and faces the charging Calvary (Ramsay already said now and the "charge" command was given).

There is a shot from the front of him that pans to the back, and then another from the front as he stands there.

Then the iconic shot......

And finally as the horses collide in from front and back you can see it most clearly......

ummmm.....where did the hundreds of arrows go? Jon never moved, he just stood up.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I didn't notice it before but now that you point it out.... It's going to bug the **** out of me.

Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Well, I didn't notice it before but now that you point it out.... It's going to bug the **** out of me.

agreed.

Call in the red woman. ZJS is about to meet her LOL.
FbgTxAg
AG
Literally the producers said "No worries, no-one will ever notice that."

Bravo.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Sorry....you can all line up and knife me one after the other....."For the Watch".

I'll be back next season though to ruin more things.....actually before I die I guess I should tell you the 2nd continuity error?????
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sansa knowing about the dogs?
powerbelly
AG
I would guess that is a safety issue more than continuity error
Joan Wilder
AG
Sansa left before Ramsey told them about starving the dogs.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
or that the arrows were all cgi.
LB12Diamond
AG
There's a bigger mess up than the missing arrows. The first time Ramsey sends the command to shoot arrows into the fighting Calvery, look behind his arrow shooters. All the Calvery is behind them, ooops!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Sansa knowing about the dogs?

No I mean visual continuity....thats more of a plot point. And Jon/Davos could have told Sansa that back in camp.

And to be honest there are at least 3 continuity errors......but one most people know already and it has a fairly logical explanation possibly.

This is the one that may be explainable and people might be aware of.

There is an establishing shot at the beginning showing the Bolton contingent - there are separate groups from front to back of Archers, Calvary on horses, and Infantry with shields and spears.

So Ramsay starts with the Archers firing at Jon (where Rickon is laying) then he gallops forward, archers fire again.
Then he sends the Calvary - they charge at Jon and clash with the Wildlings, etc.
Then the Archers fire some more.
Then he sends the Infantry with shields and spears.

then the next wide shot we see of Ramsay is this, after Jon has scaled the wall of bodies and looks at him in the distance:

And then Ramsay and 2 guys next to him ride off to the castle with Jon, Tormund and Wun Wun giving chase.

So.....where did the couple hundred Archers go? they never charged into the fray.

A. It is possible they were sent back to the castle although we never see that or hear that order
B. there are 30 to 50 Archers at the castle when Wun Wun breaks through and they kill them

So it is possible that happened and it's not really a continuity issue - although seemed more like 200 on the battlefield and not 50 that were at the castle. And I doubt the castle was left completely unguarded anyway so those soldiers and Archers were probably there already.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
If you watch the behind the scenes "making of" the arrows were primarily CGI effects added in. Not a safety issue.
powerbelly
AG
Ah. I never watch any of that
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Yep there is the firing a volley of arros into the Clavary with the Calvary behind him but thats really hard to see, its quick and from a low level shot.

this is really really minor but kinda funny......

Jon has just scaled the wall of bodies after the Vale army charged in and stares at Ramsay in the distance.

Look at Wun Wun behind him waaaaay back there with like 30 Calvary/horses and a crush of about 150 men between him and Jon.

Next shot of Jon about 2 seconds later (after a quick shot of Ramsay).....

Wun Wun got through that entire melee of horses and people and ran about 100 yards in 2 seconds (when we have seen him run and he is not much faster than anyone else).

No big deal, just a timesaver to get to the action, but kinda funny.

Really???
You know tv is just pretend, right?
Swarely
quote:
You know tv is just pretend, right?

Also that entire bit was shot off script.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone else think the Red Witch is going to end up getting a charred wooden stag shoved up her buttocks?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Anyone else think the Red Witch is going to end up getting a charred wooden stag shoved up her buttocks?

I volunteer as tribute.
lne2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jon knows, it's why he brought the Dragonglass to Hardhome. Not sure about Valyrian steel though
Jon knows that Valyrian Steel will kill a WW because he killed one. It got the KK's attention too.
Funny thing is, Valyrian Steel is more effective in killing WWs than it is in killing wights. Wasn't it no different than a regular sword against the one that the KW brought into Castle Black early on?
That was regular steel he stabbed the wight with. After he saved Mormont's life is when he gave him the valyrian sword.
HtownAg92
AG
I've watched it three times in its entirety, and the battle at least 5. Will soon catch up with V v M and Hardhome as most watched scenes.

Could any non-book-reader have predicted that the after-thought, brooding, exiled bastage kid who wasn't allowed in the King's feast in The first episode would be the most popular, bad-a$$ and important character in he whole story? Never saw it coming, and didn't see it first time around. On yearly rewatches, the Wall stories became more interesting and important. Then eventually all important, with Jon being the character (with Arya) that meant the most.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
V v M?
Sentinel
AG
Viper vs. Mountain I believe.
Muy
AG
Valerian Rubber?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, yeah.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jon knows, it's why he brought the Dragonglass to Hardhome. Not sure about Valyrian steel though
Jon knows that Valyrian Steel will kill a WW because he killed one. It got the KK's attention too.
Funny thing is, Valyrian Steel is more effective in killing WWs than it is in killing wights. Wasn't it no different than a regular sword against the one that the KW brought into Castle Black early on?
That was regular steel he stabbed the wight with. After he saved Mormont's life is when he gave him the valyrian sword.
Fine, but he skill killed wights with the valyrian steel at Hardhome and it was no different than a regular sword then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/24/12023344/brexit-entertainment-industry-impact-game-of-thrones

I don't particularly care about Brexit, but don't you mess with my GoT!
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
"Leaving Europe would be a leap into the unknown for millions of people across the UK who work in the creative industries, and for the millions more at home and abroad who benefit from the growth and vibrancy of Britain's cultural sector."
So first Texas A&M left Texas, and now the UK has left Europe! What's next? Asia leaves planet Earth???
redbaron788
AG
If you're going to have a huge post devoted to continuity errors then you should at least be able to spell cavalry properly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.