**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,704 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
For the record I also wouldn't be at all surprised if she would have some sort
Of armor or something like it filled with fake blood to fake out the waif. She's smart and knew this was coming.

The scenes for next week with her jumping thorough Windows makes me think her physical health is just fine

FWIW I don't think that was her jumping through the windows.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Wondering if they'll have Arya run into the actress whose life she saved. She'll get her healed up and on her way. Except that it's really Jaqen. The Faceless follow through with their hits, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jaqen was watching the waif try to kill Arya the entire time. Jaqen is focused on the purity of what they do, and it seems like the waif is angier and more impetuous than the order strives for.
CubbieAggie
AG
quote:

I'm going to assume they were Brotherhood as the Hound claimed, but something has changed.
PascalsWager
AG
Al Swearengen offering the Hound some hidden Ale made it worthwhile episode for me.

What is Deadwood may never die.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Question about Lyanna Mormont: She was Maege Mormont's daughter and Lord Commander Jeor Mormont's niece? Wouldn't she have a different last name if Maege and Jeor were brother and sister since presumably Lyanna 's father is of another house?
Yeah, I am kind of thinking Maege the She-Bear just kind of did what she wanted.
Btron
AG
I will say when watching, I thought, wow the actress playing Arya has really aged. She looked a lot older than I remember. Then I thought, maybe all of the earlier season footage was filmed in 2014-15, and this last scene was filmed in 15-16. She looks taller and broader.

HtownAg92
AG
quote:
Wondering if they'll have Arya run into the actress whose life she saved. She'll get her healed up and on her way. Except that it's really Jaqen. The Faceless follow through with their hits, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jaqen was watching the waif try to kill Arya the entire time. Jaqen is focused on the purity of what they do, and it seems like the waif is angier and more impetuous than the order strives for.
Or perhaps the acting troupe gave her the props necessary to fake her own death?

Like many have said, seems unrealistic to have such a survivor, who has spent the better part of her life dodging death, let her guard down so easily for some sightseeing. It is a ruse / plan.
Rudyjax
AG
Or it's not her and it's Jaqin.
chipotle
quote:
Ian McShane...that's it?

I think bryan cranston should star on GoT and then BAMMMM!!!....dead.
Hello there
Breggy Popup
AG
I'm gonna laugh when the Night King and his White Walkers win the whole thing and everyone's storyline is rendered worthless.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I'm gonna laugh when the Night King and his White Walkers win the whole thing and everyone's storyline is rendered worthless.
This has been my hope the whole time.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
This has been my hope the whole time.

This isn't Fear the Walking Dead.
Muy
AG
It's Keyser Soze, it's always been Keyser Soze...

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Or perhaps the acting troupe gave her the props necessary to fake her own death?

Like many have said, seems unrealistic to have such a survivor, who has spent the better part of her life dodging death, let her guard down so easily for some sightseeing. It is a ruse / plan.

Ahhhh yes. Clearly another case of Meinertzhagen's Haversack.
Muy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ahhhh yes. Clearly another case of Meinertzhagen's Haversack.

Perfect HBO crossover reference. Nicely done!
Sex Panther
AG
Not near enough love for the return of Bronn, who had some classic Bronn-liners...

"You've lost a hand... my money's on the old guy"

"Yes, and a Lannister always..."

"Don't say it... Don't ****ing say it."
Goldie Wilson
Agree. Between Bronn, Davos, Grandma Tyrell, Blackfish, and Lady Mormont, I thought the dialogue this episode was outstanding
jackie childs
quote:
Al Swearengen offering the Hound some hidden Ale made it worthwhile episode for me.

What is Deadwood may never die.

I really think after the Hound sees him hanging there, he should've muttered "c***suckers" under his breath...
Capstone
AG
For Arya to have planned/staged her death in concert with the mummers troupe, she would have had to know that the waif was going to gut stab her - not to mention, those weren't shallow stabbings - she got the pointy end pretty deeply... how would she have known that? I would have anticipated poison or at the very least, twisted sister.
2008and1
AG
I've got a bad feeling this whole season is leading up to a Sansa/Snow massacre. Seems like the GoT way for that Bolton ******* to win this upcoming fight in a big way.
LB12Diamond
AG
Time for Bolton's to be beatan, no reason to keep them in power past this season. No value.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Time for Bolton's to be beatan, no reason to keep them in power past this season. No value.

As soon as the Bolton storyline is resolved, it's on the the White Walkers. How many seasons are left in the show?
ja86
AG
after this season I think there are about 13 episodes divided into 2 seasons...
92Ag95
AG
Wonder what the over/under should be for the combined body count of the Hound and the Mountain next week.

They fidna wreck some fools.
Vernada
AG
Maybe the Hound find another spiritual mentor and ends up being the Sparrows combat choice against the zombie Mountain.
Muy
AG
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:

I found her dad

(just to piss off ZJS)
Cromagnum
AG
Im hoping Arya discovers that The Hound has come back for his effing chickens.
et98
AG
quote:
Is GoT "Fight Clubbing" Us?

I hated this theory...until I thought more about it.

Perhaps the Waif only exists in Arya's mind, and those scenes where Arya (the blind homeless girl) was beaten in the street up by the Waif simply looked like a schizophrenic homeless girl flailing her stick around as if fighting an imaginary person. That's why people seemed to glance over for a brief second as she started fighting the Waif in the street, but nobody really cared after that first glance.

The theory here is that a person's inner "faceless man" must kill off its previous identity. It's a long process that starts with the inner faceless man showing up. It's presence causes a lot of conflict as you can imagine, but what appears to the audience to be conflict with another person is really inner conflict. That conflict continues to grow, starting with little spats of words and eventually getting physical & violent. It culminates with the murder of "the person" by the inner "faceless man." So it isn't really that a girl becomes noone...it's that a girl dies, and noone is all that's left.

Or at least that's how it's supposed to be. It could also culminate into the person killing the inner faceless man in self defense. If that happens, the person will never become noone...because noone is dead. As of right now, Arya and noone (the Waif) are both still alive, so it could go either way. Arya is putting up a fight that Jaqen didn't expect.

If you go back and watch Arya's interactions with the Waif on youtube, I think there's a very good chance this theory is right. This clip is especially convincing for me. Starting at 2:35, Arya asks the Waif who she is. She says she's from Westeros, just like Arya and the daughter of a Lord, just like Arya. Then her story starts to stray from Arya's story quite a bit. Perhaps this is Arya learning to lie about her identity but basing it on reality (which are the most effective lies). The Waif then calls Arya out for not being able to tell if it was true or not. The scene at 4:15 has Arya trying to lie to Jaqen using the exact same strategy...starting with the truth and then straying from it, but it failed to convince him because she was Arya and not her inner faceless man (the Waif).

I think the stabbing wasn't real...at least not in the physical sense. It was figurative. If you notice, the crowd looking at Arya didn't react like people looking at a little girl bleeding to death before their eyes. They acted like people looking at weird little schizophrenic girl crying & holding her stomach as if in pain and stumbling around.
Breggy Popup
AG
Muy
AG
quote:
quote:

Perhaps the Waif only exists in Arya's mind, and those scenes where Arya (the blind homeless girl) was beaten in the street up by the Waif simply looked like a schizophrenic homeless girl flailing her stick around as if fighting an imaginary person. That's why people seemed to glance over for a brief second as she started fighting the Waif in the street, but nobody really cared after that first glance.

The theory here is that a person's inner "faceless man" must kill off its previous identity. It's a long process that starts with the inner faceless man showing up. It's presence causes a lot of conflict as you can imagine, but what appears to the audience to be conflict with another person is really inner conflict. That conflict continues to grow, starting with little spats of words and eventually getting physical & violent. It culminates with the murder of "the person" by the inner "faceless man." So it isn't really that a girl becomes noone...it's that a girl dies, and noone is all that's left.

Or at least that's how it's supposed to be. It could also culminate into the person killing the inner faceless man in self defense. If that happens, the person will never become noone...because noone is dead. As of right now, Arya and noone (the Waif) are both still alive, so it could go either way. Arya is putting up a fight that Jaqen didn't expect.

If you go back and watch Arya's interactions with the Waif on youtube, I think there's a very good chance this theory is right. This clip is especially convincing for me. Starting at 2:35, Arya asks the Waif who she is. She says she's from Westeros, just like Arya and the daughter of a Lord, just like Arya. Then her story starts to stray from Arya's story quite a bit. Perhaps this is Arya learning to lie about her identity but basing it on reality (which are the most effective lies). The Waif then calls Arya out for not being able to tell if it was true or not. The scene at 4:15 has Arya trying to lie to Jaqen using the exact same strategy...starting with the truth and then straying from it, but it failed to convince him because she was Arya and not her inner faceless man (the Waif).

I think the stabbing wasn't real...at least not in the physical sense. It was figurative. If you notice, the crowd looking at Arya didn't react like people looking at a little girl bleeding to death before their eyes. They acted like people looking at weird little schizophrenic girl crying & holding her stomach as if in pain and stumbling around.

I'm listening
Sex Panther
AG
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:

What about when Jaqen is speaking directly to the waif ordering to kill Ayra? How the hell does that work?
Is Jaqen just part of Ayra's mind as well? At the end of all this Ayra is just dreaming on a rocky ship on it's way to Bravos, which is inside a set of marbles that is being played by alien Bruce Willis who died playing on his childhood sled Rosebud.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What about when Jaqen is speaking directly to the waif ordering to kill Ayra? How the hell does that work?
Is Jaqen just part of Ayra's mind as well? At the end of all this Ayra is just dreaming on a rocky ship on it's way to Bravos, which is inside a set of marbles that is being played by alien Bruce Willis who died playing on his childhood sled Rosebud.

You just spoiled like four movies for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.