**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

357,472 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah I agree kind of pissed staff nixed the other thread
redbaron788
AG
quote:
quote:
Some pretty poor CSI by the Dothraki leadership in not finding a fatal stab wound and jumping all over the crushed head. "CSI Dothraki"? Nope.
The blade went thru his skull and out his mouth. Then Daario crusched the head with a paving stone the size of a cinder block ... how many times? Seven? Eight?

Lucky to recognize that it used to be a head.

That blade definitely went through his heart/chest not out of his mouth, you're probably thinking of Jon and the NW traitor.
Now Daario could have smashed the chest to hide the wound but I doubt the Dothraki would do any inspection once they saw his head anyway
Sentinel
AG
Wherever the wound was it's safe to assume he smashed that area.
mhayden
The way some of you nitpick inconsequential parts of the show always reminds me of the guys in From Dusk Till Dawn debating back and forth if silver can kill vampires before Juliette Lewis interrupts and says "well do any of you have any silver? OK, then it doesn't matter."
JJxvi
AG
What happened to the other thread?
bobinator
AG
quote:
white walkers
Rudyjax
AG
Watchlist.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Watchlist.
Not for Jon Snow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was listening to a review of the episode and someone made an interesting point. What if the letter was sent by Littlefinger to rally the Wildlings around Jon and add strength to his own army?

Granted, it's kind of a shot in the dark with nothing to back it up. And how would he know about Rickon, unless of course he orchestrated that as well.
Quinn
AG
Did he just whip up a Bolton crest for the letter before sending it?
boy09
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solid point.
Aggie_3
quote:
*****es and hoes
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Was listening to a review of the episode and someone made an interesting point. What if the letter was sent by Littlefinger to rally the Wildlings around Jon and add strength to his own army?

Granted, it's kind of a shot in the dark with nothing to back it up. And how would he know about Rickon, unless of course he orchestrated that as well.
He could not have known that the Boltons had Rickon
The Debt
quote:
Did he just whip up a Bolton crest for the letter before sending it?

Surely LF couldn't find a craftsman skilled enough to make an X signant
The Debt
LF knows more than you think.
Rudyjax
AG
Shows are so much more fun when you're not trying to find hidden meaning in everything shown.
annie88
AG
quote:
Shows are so much more fun when you're not trying to find hidden meaning in everything shown.
bobinator
AG
I'm still not completely seeing Littlefinger's end game, but I guess that's the point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
LOST says hi.
The Debt
quote:
I'm still not completely seeing Littlefinger's end game, but I guess that's the point.
Oh from s1:

quote:
Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: You know what I learnt losing that duel? I learnt that I'll never win. Not that way. That's their game, their rules. I'm not going to fight them: I'm going to fcck them. That's what I know, that's what I am, and only by admitting what we are can we get what we want.
Ros: And what do you want?
Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: Everything, my dear. Everything there is.
bobinator
AG
I get the goal of his end game, I just don't get his actual plan. Any path involving alliances in the north seems unlikely since the people in the north would likely side with one of their own.

I had been assuming his goal was to marry Sansa, but he gave her away to Ramsey. He's not the Lord of the Vale, Robin is, even though he wields control.

If he sides with Sansa and Jon Snow and they defeat Ramsey and Snow (or Sansa) becomes Warden(ess) of the North, then that doesn't really help his cause either right?

I'm just having a hard time figuring out what his plan is at the moment when it seemed pretty clear a while back.
The Debt
As stepfather to little Arryn, LF is legal Warden of the East. His goal is not to become Warden of the North, but to turn south.

If you recall the conversation he had with the late Roose Bolton, "the last time the Vale and the North joined forces they overthrew the greatest dynasty" in existence.

With the Lannisters in debt up to their necks, and beset by the faith militant, the Stormlands' & Dragonstones' armies (Baratheon) shattered and gone, the only real threats armies left are Dorne (dessert folk) and the Tyrells (Old Lady). Each of those hate the Lannisters as well.
bobinator
AG
That's my point though, if he forms an alliance with a north led by a Stark, there's no way he lands on the Iron Throne until all the Starks are killed in the process. And even then everyone in the North would probably side with someone else over him right?

Put it this way, it seems to me there's no way he'd ever be king by siding with people in the north.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
If you recall the conversation he had with the late Roose Bolton, "the last time the Vale and the North joined forces they overthrew the greatest dynasty" in existence.

I can't read this without hearing his annoying pronunciation of "dynasty."

It's a "y" not an "i" you **** tard.
Kampfers
AG
Littlefinger doesn't need to sit the Iron Throne to be successful. He just wants to be the one running the show. See the young Arryn kid.
bobinator
AG
I dunno, I think he does. Like he won't be satisfied until he's actually king. His whole goal throughout the series has been slowly increasing his station.
The Debt
There are two theories about claiming the throne:

1) legal succession. "It belongs to a targaryen." Roberts claim was strongest because (revealed by Ned s1, and melisandre-ish with stannis) Robert had targaryen blood a few generations back. Roberts claim is based on breaking the targaryen line of the mad king, and altering it to a baratheon/targaryen line. Before this all started Robert was "9th" in line, he had to kill or exile 8 pure/mixed targaryens. (the mixed being Obyren Martell's sister with the babies hitting the Mountain)

2) might makes right. Aegon the conqueror forged 7 kingdoms into one kingdom by might. The throne is attainable not by blood succession, but by sword. For LF, chaos is a ladder (great monolog). Meaning he has to destroy everyone for a lord from nowhere to rise to king.
bobinator
AG
It just seems to me he'd have a better chance of getting there by putting the Knights of the Vale behind someone like the Tyrells than the Starks. Throw Tommen out a window, help hold the city with the Tyrells against the Lannisters, bang Margaery and become king.

Seems pretty straightforward.
The Debt
That plan doesnt quite work because the Tyrells have already ascended as high as they can with Margery. Their hope is a child between Marg and King Tommen.

There is too much risk and absolutely zero reward for the Tyrells to oppose the lannisters (at this moment).
bobinator
AG
Well LF did help kill one Lannister king already, seems slipping that information to Cersei would cause the split he needs in the Tyrells and the Lannisters
The Debt
quote:
Well LF did help kill one Lannister king already, seems slipping that information to Cersei would cause the split he needs in the Tyrells and the Lannisters
That would certainly do it.

But then the question would be: can the Tyrells make peace with LF after him doing that to them?

Although, Cersie is absolutely convinced it was Tyrion. Getting her to accept the truth would be impossible. Have you ever dealt with a woman who's "facts" are linked to emotion? Its impossible to convince them.
bobinator
AG
I'm sure he could think of a way that makes it seem the info didn't come from him. Anyway, that just seems like a much shorter path to what he wants than whatever he has planned with the Starks.
The Debt
Perhaps, I think he hopes to marry Sansa to Arryn, solidifying the North with the East, both under his command.

If he has the Umbers in his pocket, then he is already forming alliances with the northern houses. (This probably started to moment he married Sansa away.)

HtownAg92
AG
I thought that was the Karstarks not the Umbers.

Anyway, Lady Olenna thinks LF is a lowborn fraud so she would never allow him to dictate an alliance, nor get anywhere near her grand-daughter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.