**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,739 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I cannot imagine sour goat's milk tasting good.

Yeast cannot ferment lactose into alcohol. Bacteria is used to make yogurt and it does not produce alcohol. So unless they have magic strains in the Seven Kingdoms who knows what they're talking about.

It is a thing
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis

The entry isn't complete. It says it's fortified before fermentation. This is the sugar being converted to alcohol. Bacteria thickens and gives it a sour taste, and that's lactic acid. Plus this beverage is 0.7 to 2.5% abv. Arguing for arguments sake. But it's not the same thing as milk whiskey in the North.
smokeythebear
AG
Great episode!

1) I wanted to see the dragons just swooping through and lighting 4-5 ships on fire at a time. Would be much better to just let the ships burn, but then I finally figured out they wanted to SHOW how easily the ships were destroyed so they could keep the rest for themselves.

2) Was a little disappointed in Won Won's battle strategy. He picked up that one dude and ripped him in half, but I was yelling at the TV "Throw him at the shield wall!" In fact, Won Won should have just started grabbing the dead bodies from the pile and throwing them at the Bolton armies! Not really complaining about the writing as the battle was awesome, but Won Won should have been able to break that shield wall.

3) I LOVE the movie Troy, but man did I think Jon was about to go out Achilles style there at the end! Wouldn't that be such a GRRM thing to do to have Jon survive all those odds in the battle and then get ankle sniped by a ****-eating grinning Ramsay.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
meh.
Not trolling, but I thought it was okay, and overall fairly predictable. I guess Bunk's apprehension has wore off on me. We all knew Jon wasn't going to die AGAIN. We all knew the Vale was going to come save the day, and we new Ramsay would die. So overall predictable.

I will say I have never been claustrophobic but I was about to have a panic attack when Jon was getting trampled. Kudos to the director for creating that emotion.

Also big time eye roll and overly cheesy when Yara and Dany "shook hands" reminded me of this...

1. Agree
2. Agree - exact words to the wife who also agreed - suffocating feeling with panic attack (my wife is due in 2 days with Baby #2, and she thought this was going to send her over the edge - I told her to keep it in until the show was over )
3. I actually liked this scene - it made it seem as if no one had ever dared to touch Queen Daenarys and she didn't know what to do with an offered hand to shake. It was new to her, which is why she glanced back at Tyrion as if to ask-- do I?
While I didn't view it as "cheesy", I definitely noted the strangeness of the act for Dany. But think about it, the last time she ever "made an agreement" with anyone was, what, her wedding night? She's not exactly been in the business of handshakes.
Rudyjax
AG
For the one person that didn't enjoy this episode, I genuinely feel bad for you. This episode was great.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
meh.
Not trolling, but I thought it was okay, and overall fairly predictable. I guess Bunk's apprehension has wore off on me. We all knew Jon wasn't going to die AGAIN. We all knew the Vale was going to come save the day, and we new Ramsay would die. So overall predictable.

I will say I have never been claustrophobic but I was about to have a panic attack when Jon was getting trampled. Kudos to the director for creating that emotion.

Also big time eye roll and overly cheesy when Yara and Dany "shook hands" reminded me of this...

well I guess you need to go watch a more epic and dramatic show........(i'll wait while you tell me what that is).

So I guess Saving Private Ryan opening scene was also meh and predictable....cuz you know the germans lose. i mean it's just storming a beach. big deal right.

I also knew Tom Hanks wasn't going to die in the open sequence of Saving Private Ryan. Also they didn't have dragons, and large wolf dogs. So I'm viewing GOT with a different lens.
I will say that there are plenty of shows that aren't as predictable as this episode of GOT is.

Yes...but my point....despite knowing the Americans would win and Tom Hanks the star would not die....still a great scene. Same here yes we all pretty much knew (hoped) Ramsay would die, Jon would not, the Vale army would likely come to the rescue. But it was executed amazingly, great film making and epic in scope and scale.

So even if you say it's predictable....I can't see how you can say "meh". Thats ridiculous. there is nothing on TV and very little in films that is more epic in scale and they pull off huge twists at times. This wasn't a huge twist but was epic in so many other ways.

And while you might say at times GOT is predictable there are a couple of points

1. up until now there were books, which meant many knew what was coming but it was still great in its execution
2. there were many many huge plot turns that have shocked audiences (those that only watch the show especially) which resulted in big viral online moments (Ned, Red Wedding, Hardhome battle, Hodor, etc.).

This is incredible TV any way you look at it...so to say "meh" is just trying to look cool or troll or an attention ***** or I don't know what. But it's anything but meh.

So go watch your other less predictable shows. Why are you still here watching???????

Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
Contrary to what many on here think, it is just a TV show, albeit a very entertaining one. At some point you have to turn off the analyst switch and just watch what happens.

And I don't believe you when you say it was all predictable. You're that guy in the movie theater who swears he can see everything coming from a mile away.
Joan Wilder
AG
I will say, the Hodor episode left me reeling the next day, and the Hardhome battle vs the Night King was much more of a holy sh*t battle for me than this one, but it doesn't mean I didn't think this was amazing television. The Dany and dragon scenes alone would have made this a great episode.
Joseph Parrish
AG
I think the only thing to me that was predictable was that Ramsey would be eaten by his own dogs. They hinted at it so many times. I don't think anything was predictable about that battle scene. Did you really predict that pile of bodies? Did you predict them being surrounded? Did you predict Jon getting trampled? Even if you did guess parts of the episode, that doesn't mean it wasn't done extremely well. Maybe you did get pieces of it right with the Vale coming to help, but I doubt you knew every part of that episode.

We all knew the story to Apollo 13. We all knew the Titanic was going to sink again. We all knew the outcome of 13 Hours. My point is, that being predictable doesn't mean those movies or scenes can't still be done extremely well.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I think the only thing to me that was predictable was that Ramsey would be eaten by his own dogs. They hinted at it so many times. I don't think anything was predictable about that battle scene. Did you really predict that pile of bodies? Did you predict them being surrounded? Did you predict Jon getting trampled? Even if you did guess parts of the episode, that doesn't mean it wasn't done extremely well. Maybe you did get pieces of it right with the Vale coming to help, but I doubt you knew every part of that episode.

We all knew the story to Apollo 13. We all knew the Titanic was going to sink again. We all knew the outcome of 13 Hours. My point is, that being predictable doesn't mean those movies or scenes can't still be done extremely well.

^THIS

And those are based on real events....but even fiction can be very predictable and yet very well done.

I was also 99.9999999% sure

• Matt Damon was gonna be rescued off Mars, otherwise whats the point of the The Martian
  • Tom Hanks was going to get off that island - otherwise its a movie about dementia and talking to sports equipment
  • Heck I was damn sure Tim Robbins was gonna escape Shawshank
  • Indiana Jones was going to find the Arc and defeat the nazis
  • and that young Jedi and the rebels were going to defeat the evil empire

It's in the execution, the filming, the characters, the story, etc.
Sex Panther
AG
Gonna miss Ramsay. Dude was pure evil and a phenomenal character. I mean, you couldn't help but smile when he realized he was ****ed at the end, and still said with a **** eating grin,

"You suggested one-on-one combat didn't you?" I've reconsidered... I think that sounds like a wonderful idea."

This show has provided two of the best and most despised villains I've ever seen in Ramsay and Joffrey. So who gets the nod as the best? I think Ramsay is fresh in everyone's mind, but Joffrey was the OG evil ****. Either way, two incredible portrayals by their actors.

So who takes over as the main villain? Does Littlefinger start making his push?
TajMaballer
AG
I think we start moving towards the dead. White Walkers coming!
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

^THIS

And those are based on real events....but even fiction can be very predictable and yet very well done.

I was also 99.9999999% sure

• Matt Damon was gonna be rescued off Mars, otherwise whats the point of the The Martian
  • Tom Hanks was going to get off that island - otherwise its a movie about dementia and talking to sports equipment
  • Heck I was damn sure Tim Robbins was gonna escape Shawshank
  • Indiana Jones was going to find the Arc and defeat the nazis
  • and that young Jedi and the rebels were going to defeat the evil empire

It's in the execution, the filming, the characters, the story, etc.

ugh. . . Spoiler alert. I haven't seen any of these films! Guess I don't need to now. Thanks a lot.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
2) Was a little disappointed in Won Won's battle strategy. He picked up that one dude and ripped him in half, but I was yelling at the TV "Throw him at the shield wall!" In fact, Won Won should have just started grabbing the dead bodies from the pile and throwing them at the Bolton armies! Not really complaining about the writing as the battle was awesome, but Won Won should have been able to break that shield wall.
Why why why doesn't he carry a weapon of any kind? It doesn't have to be fancy; he could carry a big ass tree trunk for all I care, but one swing would have wiped out a chunk of the shield wall.
Rudyjax
AG
The only thing I didn't predict in that episode was the dogs getting Ramsay but I should've.
Independent George
AG

quote:
So who takes over as the main villain? Does Littlefinger start making his push?

Euron Greyjoy is making a case for himself but dont think that character can to reach Joffrey/Ramsey status.

Sandsnake leader is pretty crappy but would never want them in the show further.

Cersei I suppose is about to take the cake for lead villain for now... you know with the whole burn the city mentality paired with her distaste for anyone not named Tommen or Jamie.

Maybe the Nights King turns out to be a total dbag if he every talks, who knows!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
Why why why doesn't he carry a weapon of any kind? It doesn't have to be fancy; he could carry a big ass tree trunk for all I care, but one swing would have wiped out a chunk of the shield wall.

Have to nerf him
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
This show has provided two of the best and most despised villains I've ever seen in Ramsay and Joffrey. So who gets the nod as the best? I think Ramsay is fresh in everyone's mind, but Joffrey was the OG evil ****. Either way, two incredible portrayals by their actors.
For the most part, it seemed that Joffrey did it because he was a whiny twerp who didn't know how to rule and who flexed his muscle anytime he didn't get his way or didn't know how else to handle a situation.

Ramsay did it because he enjoyed it and for nothing more.

Ramsay wins.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Maybe the Nights King turns out to be a total dbag if he every talks, who knows!

I may seriously root for The Night King
powerbelly
AG
quote:
quote:

I may seriously root for The Night King
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The only thing I didn't predict in that episode was the dogs getting Ramsay but I should've.
You predicted the trap with Rickon, Jon being trampled, etc?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have to nerf him
True, but at least the weapon doesn't do anything to improve his vulnerability to arrows and such. He's still beatable. Not having a weapon is just poor strategy, and someone in charge (granted, that's not really a thing with the free folk) should have at least suggested it at some point.
gougler08
AG
quote:
Independent George
AG
For the record, the people complaining that the show is too predictable would be the same people bittching if something else had happened. Then their comments would have been, "That made no sense!" or "that was totally not in line with that characters motivations".
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
No.... I guess nothing other than the Vale saving them at the last minute. I am stupid.

But isn't this the third time in the show an army comes from no where to save a hopeless situation?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
For the most part, it seemed that Joffrey did it because he was a whiny twerp who didn't know how to rule and who flexed his muscle anytime he didn't get his way or didn't know how else to handle a situation.

Ramsay did it because he enjoyed it and for nothing more.

Ramsay wins.

hmmmmphhhh....

Olly was the biggest a-hole / villain of this entire series. He just didn't have an army.

F*** OLLY!!!!!!!!

chris1515
AG
So Ramsey was tied up in the kennels for some period of time prior to Sansa walking over, and the hounds didn't come out to sniff around on their potential dinner until AFTER she was finished talking to him? Very convenient.

To me it seems like she should have done something to open the kennel doors, or better yet given that little whistle command Ramsey gave in a previous episode.

Did I miss something?
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
meh.

well I guess you need to go watch a more epic and dramatic show........(i'll wait while you tell me what that is).

So I guess Saving Private Ryan opening scene was also meh and predictable....cuz you know the germans lose. i mean it's just storming a beach. big deal right.

I also knew Tom Hanks wasn't going to die in the open sequence of Saving Private Ryan. Also they didn't have dragons, and large wolf dogs. So I'm viewing GOT with a different lens.
I will say that there are plenty of shows that aren't as predictable as this episode of GOT is.

Yes...but my point....despite knowing the Americans would win and Tom Hanks the star would not die....still a great scene. Same here yes we all pretty much knew (hoped) Ramsay would die, Jon would not, the Vale army would likely come to the rescue. But it was executed amazingly, great film making and epic in scope and scale.

So even if you say it's predictable....I can't see how you can say "meh". Thats ridiculous. there is nothing on TV and very little in films that is more epic in scale and they pull off huge twists at times. This wasn't a huge twist but was epic in so many other ways.

And while you might say at times GOT is predictable there are a couple of points

1. up until now there were books, which meant many knew what was coming but it was still great in its execution
2. there were many many huge plot turns that have shocked audiences (those that only watch the show especially) which resulted in big viral online moments (Ned, Red Wedding, Hardhome battle, Hodor, etc.).

This is incredible TV any way you look at it...so to say "meh" is just trying to look cool or troll or an attention ***** or I don't know what. But it's anything but meh.

So go watch your other less predictable shows. Why are you still here watching???????

Settle down, it's just a tv show and just my opinion. Not trolling, I just didn't think this was up there with other episode 9's. Maybe I was distracted because I would have rather watched game 7, but the rest of my house wanted GOT.
Can we stop this thread derail? But I'm genuinely happy that you enjoyed this, Zombie Jon Snow.
bangobango
AG
Villains moving forward:

1. NIghts King - at some point all others have to step aside so he can become main focus.

2. Cersie - think she goes full-out crazy

3. Littlefinger - think he starts to make a serious push. Could cause Jon major problems.

4. Euron - Maybe hinders Dany's crossing?

5. Freys - no need to explain

6. Jaime - Could see a heel turn on the way.

7. Sansa - Could also see a heel turn with her. Teams up with Littlefinger to take complete control of the North. Goals conflict with Jon's. Could see her try to seduce/use LIttlefinger to get what she wants. Seems to be of mentality that nobody is going to help her but herself, and I think she will take Littlefinger and Cersei's teachings to heart and become a new major manipulator type character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/game-thrones-battle-director

Great interview with the director.

Apparently the trample scene was improvised by him after he realized they couldn't finish on time, so he went off-script. Wow, says a lot about him, that is probably the most gut-wrenching part of the episode.

And the last question:
quote:
Without talking specifics, obviously, what in general excites you about next week's super-sized finale?

That it feels equally as epic as episode 9 but for completely different reasons.
HYPE.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
Yea, though I guess it evened out when the shield wall stopped collapsing on the trapped fighters. I mean, they did a little bit, but the advantage should have been astronomical once they had the shield wall up and the pikes in the second row.

Still, other than a few tiny nit-picky things, absolutely awesome battle scene!
StringerBell
AG
the fact that they were able to create so much tension in somewhat predictable plotline is a testament to show writers.
Independent George
AG
Sounds like Bran background info time!!!
Rudyjax
AG
Bro, no book talk. Take it elsewhere.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
No.... I guess nothing other than the Vale saving them at the last minute. I am stupid.

But isn't this the third time in the show an army comes from no where to save a hopeless situation?

perhaps. and like the thousandth time in cinema history. but it happened in the real world too.

the reasons this one did not bug me

1. I think it was logical to assume they had both amassed everything they could for this battle, so why expect a third party last minute. they would have made an attempt to sway everyone they could beforehand.

2. And Ramsay was hyper focused on keeping Winterfell. He paid no attention to other castles. I think he did not have enough army to defend multiple places (6000 he said) so all forces were taken to defend Winterfell.

3. Moat Cailin to Winterfell is a lot shorter than Castle Black to Winterfell. And the opposite direction. Ramsay was certainly focused on the north and had no idea of LF plans. It is reasonable to assume that by the time LF got Sansa's letter at Moat Cailin and proceeded north he might have gotten there about that time.

4. Even if Ramsay had scouts and they spotted the army - they could have been overtaken by Vale scouts and captured or killed before they got back to Winterfell with the news.

5. LF had gotten his army up through the neck before everything started going down in the Riverlands...so the Frey's and Tully's would not be aware either and otherwise were engaged in their own conflict. And the Lannisters were just coming up from KL and also had no idea - although Cersei knew based on her deal with LF, she probably didn't tell anyone.

Brienne was about the only person that knew - and she went to Riverrun. But again that was not her problem.

The biggest question is how LF got up the Kingsroad and past Winterfell when he met with Sansa at Mole's Town. Ramsay might have thought LF was on his side, but he still wouldn't just let him go up there and make deals with the Starks. I suppose there are ways around and with just a few on horseback you could bypass WF....but seems like that was very risky.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
1. Tyrells / Tywin saving Lannisters at Blackwater
2. Stannis saving NW at the Wall
3. Dothraki sweeping in to take down ground forces of the Sons of the Harpy (not nearly as critical a save)
4. Knights of the Vale crushing Boltons

All tributes or ripoffs of LotR.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.