**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,730 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Littlefinger isn't actually a BAD person
"I told you not to trust me"
I think comparing Sansa's relationship with Littlefinger to Ned's relationship with Littlefinger is a little asinine. Littlefinger and Ned have known each other pretty much their entire lives and Ned is the dumb jock who took the love of his life away from him. Surely Littlefinger had a grudge against Ned. On the flipside, Sansa reminds Littlefinger of Catlyn, the love of his life, so he thinks very fondly of Sansa.
Also, Ned was uncontrollable because of his honor. Ned couldn't be paid, bartered, or negotiated with. Sansa can be controlled / manipulated (or at least "could" be in the past), we shall see if that continues to hold true.
That is NOT why he didn't like Ned. He was IN LOVE with Caitlyn and she couldn't be controlled/manipulated/paid. Besides, I would argue Ned COULD be manipulated, proven by how Littlefinger manipulated him into trying to take the throne and falling for the trap.

Bottom line is Littlefinger's relationship with Sansa is based on him growing up with Caitlyn and being madly in love with her. He sees Sansa as that young girl he first fell in love with. The rest is to be written, but I do believe that net-net he wouldn't ever do anything to intentionally hurt her.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
When Tommen dies and doesn't implant an heir in Margaery And if Jon Snow and Danerys don't survive the coming wars... (and Meera, just in case)

Who does the throne "belong" to? No Targaryens and no Baratheons (directly descended from Targaryens) would be left...

Great Council time?

Natasha Romanoff
Littlefinger could perhaps be one of the worst people on the show. Not quite on Ramsay level, but he's not far behind either. He's shown he has no personal moral compass and the only thing that matters is whatever benefits him most. He only appears to be helping Sansa to 1) sleep with her because she's a replacement for her mother, 2) make her miserable as a way to get back at her mother, 3) control her and use her to gain the Iron Throne, or all of the above.

LF wants power. Plain and simple. And he only trusts those who he can manipulate to do his bidding, not trustworthy people since they can't be bought. Which makes sense really. If someone can be bought, then you know with enough money you'll have them in your corner. If they can't, you're at the mercy of whatever they deem to be right or wrong.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Littlefinger isn't actually a BAD person
"I told you not to trust me"
I think comparing Sansa's relationship with Littlefinger to Ned's relationship with Littlefinger is a little asinine. Littlefinger and Ned have known each other pretty much their entire lives and Ned is the dumb jock who took the love of his life away from him. Surely Littlefinger had a grudge against Ned. On the flipside, Sansa reminds Littlefinger of Catlyn, the love of his life, so he thinks very fondly of Sansa.
Also, Ned was uncontrollable because of his honor. Ned couldn't be paid, bartered, or negotiated with. Sansa can be controlled / manipulated (or at least "could" be in the past), we shall see if that continues to hold true.
That is NOT why he didn't like Ned. He was IN LOVE with Caitlyn and she couldn't be controlled/manipulated/paid. Besides, I would argue Ned COULD be manipulated, proven by how Littlefinger manipulated him into trying to take the throne and falling for the trap.

Bottom line is Littlefinger's relationship with Sansa is based on him growing up with Caitlyn and being madly in love with her. He sees Sansa as that young girl he first fell in love with. The rest is to be written, but I do believe that net-net he wouldn't ever do anything to intentionally hurt her.
I intentionally left manipulated off of Ned - in fact that was his biggest weakness - he could be manipulated through his honor. He can be manipulated, but not really controlled.

I never said Littlefinger didn't like Ned because he could be controlled. So we agree there as well. I agree about Cat and Sansa.

What was your point besides getting huffy with me? :\
Duncan Idaho
quote:
He may be the worst person

That would be either catelyn or Rob stark.
smokeythebear
AG
I just really felt like when Ned showed up to KL and saw Littlefinger, Littlefinger was trying to tell Ned "There's a lot of people here you shouldn't trust, and quite frankly, I'm one of them because, as you well know, I still don't like you". I think the rest is fair game since LF clearly reminded Ned that he didn't like him and he'd be one of the first ones to screw him over. Furthermore, I don't think Littlefinger WANTED to screw over Ned, but Ned actually left him no choice. To stay alive, Littlefinger had to play along and pick the winning side. I don't remember the actual conversation, but I remember Littlefinger trying to talk Ned out of his bad idea.

I just don't think that's a fair example to use of Littlefinger being an evil person. That relationship had a LONG history to it and isn't necessarily correlated to how Littlefinger will treat the rest of the family.
Hello there
quote:
Littlefingers soul ambition in life is the Iron Throne and he will use anyone and anything to get there.
The funk soul brother.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
Littlefingers soul ambition in life is the Iron Throne and he will use anyone and anything to get there.
The funk soul brother.
well...it works as its his sole ambition and souls ambition.

I'm just not sure if I should use the shamed face or nerd face on this
LHIOB
AG
Good call
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Good call
Also notice that after she tosses her clothes; she's wearing the same thing as the Waif at the pier... maybe that's just standard issue HOB&W acolyte clothing, maybe not.
BarryProfit
Little finger is a boss. He gives zero Fs, is cunning and ruthless and smart and built himself up to where he is mostly on his own. He wasn't a commoner but certainly wasn't one of the highest of highborn yet turned himself into master of coin and from there...? He's like some upper middle class kid with spunk that out works and eventually out earns all the blue blooded ivy leaguer trust funders. You have to respect a guy like that even if you don't always like his means. I'm sure it won't happen but I'd love to see him on the iron throne.

He's a conflicted character but that's because he's never had the luxury to trust anyone and always had to think a few steps ahead with no great family wealth or name to fall back on. As an aside most women I've spoken to about GOT hate him, which is also kind of amusing.

Love baelish!
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

Why do people keep assuming Littlefinger is trying to kill Sansa and Jon? Littlefinger isn't actually a BAD person.

Orly?
Trident 88
AG
Littlefinger is Satan. He is a bad, bad man, and I think he will be the last person to die in the final episode. It will be fun to see him try and fail to talk his way out from under the executioner's axe.
BarryProfit
If he's the last to die he did pretty well.
Swarely
I'm not a fan of the Fight Club Theory. I feel like everything with Jaqen goes back to Syrio in the first season. I'm almost tempted to say that Jaqen is Syrio since he showed up after Arya left Kings Landing... I don't know though.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
I'm not a fan of the Fight Club Theory. I feel like everything with Jaqen goes back to Syrio in the first season. I'm almost tempted to say that Jaqen is Syrio since he showed up after Arya left Kings Landing... I don't know though.
I would LOVE for this to be the case, and there's definitely a big part of me that thinks Syrio is still alive, but there's really only one way that could make sense. Jaqen would have to have been acting AS Syrio (meaning the real Syrio is dead and Jaqen took his face) and Jaqen was in Kings Landing for an assassination attempt. I think we already decided that John Aryn was killed by Lysa and Robert Baratheon was killed by Cerci (Lancel). So perhaps Jaqen was there to kill someone else and was captured before he could follow through? If we really want to go down the rabbit hole, Jaqen was found a prisoner of the Lannister army so he wasn't hired by Cerci. Who would Syrio (Jaqen) be trying to kill in Kings Landing and who paid him?

Edit: Also, this likely means Meryn Trant and crew took Syrio (Jaqen) captive and eventually sent him to the wall (where along the way, Jaqen turned back into himself instead of staying as Syrio).
Swarely
I don't know. That's why it's a theory. :P
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I don't know. That's why it's a theory. :P
it's not a theory. it is a hypothesis.
LHIOB
AG
I think the fact that Meryn Trant was alive after S1 is reason enough to say that Siryo is dead.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Syrio has become the russian from the Pine Barrens episode of the Sopranos.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
I think the fact that Meryn Trant was alive after S1 is reason enough to say that Siryo is dead.
Well we assumed that the Hound was dead too. Besides, I watched the scene where Arya killed Meryn Trant very closely and she never gives him the ability to disclose if he indeed killed Syrio or not (He already had been gagged by the time she explained who she was or why she was killing him). I watched it hoping to get confirmation one way or the other about what happened to Syrio but it was almost purposefully absent any confession.
powerbelly
AG

quote:
Well we assumed that the Hound was dead too.
In this show, I assume everyone is alive unless I see the death happen on screen.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:

quote:
Well we assumed that the Hound was dead too.
In this show, I assume everyone is alive unless I see the death happen on screen.
Even then it's kind of iffy (see Jon Snow).
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:
Well we assumed that the Hound was dead too. Besides, I watched the scene where Arya killed Meryn Trant very closely and she never gives him the ability to disclose if he indeed killed Syrio or not (He already had been gagged by the time she explained who she was or why she was killing him). I watched it hoping to get confirmation one way or the other about what happened to Syrio but it was almost purposefully absent any confession.
True, but the Hound wasn't surrounded by the Kingsguard and holding a wooden sword.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
True, but the Hound wasn't surrounded by the Kingsguard and holding a wooden sword.
Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [incredulously] Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn ****ing Trant?
Arya Stark: He was outnumbered!
Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Any boy ***** with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.
LHIOB
AG
Well, he didnt have a sword
Goldie Wilson
Syrio's mantra regarding death ("not today") doesn't really jive with that of the Faceless Men. That's why I don't buy the Syrio = Jaqen theory
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, I tend to think that Jaqen was on his way to the wall on purpose to infiltrate the Nights Watch and carry-out an assassination there at the wall. He purposely was captured so that he could be sent to the wall and they wouldn't be suspicious of him. His plan was foiled when the prisoner cart caught on fire in the raid, hence why he needed Arya's help to escape. But then who do you think he was going to kill at the wall?
Independent George
AG

quote:
I'm not a fan of the Fight Club Theory. I feel like everything with Jaqen goes back to Syrio in the first season. I'm almost tempted to say that Jaqen is Syrio since he showed up after Arya left Kings Landing... I don't know though
I was for this theory at the beginning of the season with the strongest evidence being that I didnt see anyway that Jaqen had gotten himself captured involuntarily by the Lannister forces. The only thing wrong with the theory is why did Jaqen seek out Arya to begin with? Why was Bran chosen/born with warg abilities with the TER?

Side note: Syrio/Jaqen very easily could have escaped that fight with Trant.
powerbelly
AG

quote:
But then who do you think he was going to kill at the wall?
Maester Aemon
Goldie Wilson
Touche
Swarely
Maybe his purpose of being caught was to get close to Arya.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:
I would LOVE for this to be the case, and there's definitely a big part of me that thinks Syrio is still alive, but there's really only one way that could make sense. Jaqen would have to have been acting AS Syrio (meaning the real Syrio is dead and Jaqen took his face) and Jaqen was in Kings Landing for an assassination attempt. I think we already decided that John Aryn was killed by Lysa and Robert Baratheon was killed by Cerci (Lancel). So perhaps Jaqen was there to kill someone else and was captured before he could follow through? If we really want to go down the rabbit hole, Jaqen was found a prisoner of the Lannister army so he wasn't hired by Cerci. Who would Syrio (Jaqen) be trying to kill in Kings Landing and who paid him?

Edit: Also, this likely means Meryn Trant and crew took Syrio (Jaqen) captive and eventually sent him to the wall (where along the way, Jaqen turned back into himself instead of staying as Syrio).
I mean, we saw that Arya's assassination target was some no name actress that was (presumably) paid for by another no name actress. I don't think that Jaqen was there necessarily to kill some important figure.
MSFC Aggie
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.