**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

357,477 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
NoHo Hank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Mountain clearly is linked to all the King's Landing history since he raped rhaegar's wife to death and killed his kids, and is the Lannister enforcer.

I seriously do not remember his history. How did I miss that???
Yea, go re-watch The Mountain vs. The Viper fight scene and you'll be quite reminded of it.

Confession: I've re-watched that fight scene like 50 times...

[img] [/img]
Joan Wilder
AG
Maybe it's nothing...the brotherhood scene just seemed off to me.

I hated that fight with the Mountain. Oberyn was one of my favorite characters.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
He clearly gave them warning by saying " the night is dark and full of terrors". Then came back and killed all who are no following the lord of light. Not much else to it.
Except for the whole conversation about horses, steel, and food. They're thieves in addition to being homicidal zealots.
Btron
AG
quote:

quote:
He clearly gave them warning by saying " the night is dark and full of terrors". Then came back and killed all who are no following the lord of light. Not much else to it.
Except for the whole conversation about horses, steel, and food. They're thieves in addition to being homicidal zealots.

/can't we have both girl.gif
Ag of Northern Virginia
re Dorne: probably the first place Dany lands. She thinks she'll have plenty of support there given the new queen and their families' histories.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I finally watched it last night. Two initial thoughts:

1) Was this the first time we've had a cold open? Meaning the scene with the hound before the opening credits?

2) Watching those pilgrims struggle with those relatively small logs seemed so unrealistic. Just needed some Aggies to get those logs swamped.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I finally watched it last night. Two initial thoughts:

1) Was this the first time we've had a cold open? Meaning the scene with the hound before the opening credits?

I think there have been 3 or 4
Independent George
AG

quote:
I thought the same thing, I cant remember one recently.

I also had first assumed that we were in a flash back for a minute as well until the hound turned around.
bobinator
AG
According to people who pay more attention than I do, the last one was the premiere of season 5. I think the flashback to Cersei as a child
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thanks.
smokeythebear
AG
It definitely had a different feel. I remembered checking to make sure I was watching the right show.
bobinator
AG
I was also a bit confused until you could hear the music. It was sort of an upbeat version of the main theme
Independent George
AG
In the event that Tommen dies fairly soon then who takes the throne? He has proven he is in no hurry to uh.. plant his seed. (idiot)

If Gendry were to return and somehow prove he was the ******* of Robert Baratheon then could he have stake a claim? I dont quite follow the rules here.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
In the event that Tommen dies fairly soon then who takes the throne? He has proven he is in no hurry to uh.. plant his seed. (idiot)

If Gendry were to return and somehow prove he was the ******* of Robert Baratheon then could he have stake a claim? I dont quite follow the rules here.
War takes the throne.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Gendry has no claim to the throne.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
If Tommen died, Margaery (sp?) would likely have the best claim to the throne, and probably the power to secure it.

If she could get Tommen and the high sparrow to take each other out, or take them out herself and make it look like they took each other out, she'd be in prime position to consolidate power in King's Landing.

I'd be really torn if it came down to Margaery vs Daenerys, though.
LHIOB
AG
Marge and its not even close for me
jackie childs
quote:
Marge and its not even close for me
again, cue the "why not both?" girl
MSFC Aggie
AG

Swarely
quote:
re Dorne: probably the first place Dany lands. She thinks she'll have plenty of support there given the new queen and their families' histories.

This brings up an interesting point. She wants to cross the narrow sea, but is she sending out any emissaries? Anybody to gauge what the people of Westeros are thinking? Who would be the most receptive, etc.
Joan Wilder
AG
I read that the reason for the cold open was that they didn't want to spoil the Hound's return in the opening credits.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
I read that the reason for the cold open was that they didn't want to spoil the Hound's return in the opening credits.
I think they do it for effect. If they only do it a few times it has some power. They could just keep him out of the credits if that was an issue.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I heard the same thing on a podcast. I think they are legally required to put him in the opening credits. Makes sense.
TomHagensWife
From an Entertainment Weekly interview with Bryan Cogman.

The episode also started with a cold open, which is obviously very unusual, particularly for midseason. What prompted that?
We figured it would make his reveal more impactful if the audience hadn't seen [McCann's] name in the opening credits first.
Rudyjax
AG
Am I the only one that fast forwards thru the credits?
bobinator
AG
Yes. That song gets me hype every single week.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
no
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

This brings up an interesting point. She wants to cross the narrow sea, but is she sending out any emissaries? Anybody to gauge what the people of Westeros are thinking? Who would be the most receptive, etc.

ummmm.....she's a conqueror not a diplomat.

plus you know....the element of surprise. she isn't going to tell them oh hey by the way my ships are coming and we are going to land here. get ready.

this is like normandy on d-day....bring the entire fleet but don't tell them where you are going. make them guard the entire coastline.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
no
not possible. as i watch live.
Rudyjax
AG
8 pm is too early in my household. Not exactly 8 and 11 year old appropriate.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
8 pm is too early in my household. Not exactly 8 and 11 year old appropriate.
gotcha. i had to do the same with Sopranos and others.

Mine are 18 and 21 now. No issues. The 18 year old started on GOT when she was 16. She watched seasons 5 and 6 with me.
Rudyjax
AG
My oldest is 20 and he stopped watching. Why? He got tired of waiting week to week so he is going To wait until the series is completed.

Such a millennial.
TomHagensWife
I have a question for those who know the geography of the show. Are Westeros and Essos countries with many cities or are they continents? If continents, could there be perhaps others ones? I was discussing this with a friend and had a disagreement. Thanks!
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
I have a question for those who know the geography of the show. Are Westeros and Essos countries with many cities or are they continents? If continents, could there be perhaps others ones? I was discussing this with a friend and had a disagreement. Thanks!
I read last night that there is a third continent more akin to Africa south of there.
bobinator
AG
I always thought it was like a early europe thing where they've only charted a small part of the world but lord knows what else could be out there. The only commonly known areas are just what we've seen/heard about though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.